Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #91
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessily View Post
Congrats on finding a studio! That's great... that area is awesome to stay in. Walking to and from Epcot is the best!
Thank you! I can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot241 View Post
BWV! How cool is that?

I'm home, by the way.
Welcome back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosse_lady72 View Post
Wow, that was fast! Wooooo hooooo for BWV!!!!!!!!
it was really fast! Now I can't wait to stay there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
Very exciting news about the reservations at BWV, I'm sure you will love it!!! Have you ever stayed there before? We can only ever afford to stay at value resorts---but this year I met a great DISer on the Photo Board and rented points from her and it ended up being $95 per night, only $5 more per night than staying at POP!

For us, renting points has been a very pleasant experience. It does take a bit of trust because the reservation is completely out of your hands, but I'm a pretty trustworthy person and for us, the savings were worth it.

Now, if I would have stayed at POP, I could have gotten free dining (in theory), but when you weigh POP with free dining against staying at a deluxe when we wouldn't usually have the opportunity it was a no brainer. Deluxe resort with nicer ammenities, walking distance to Epcot and DHS and c'mon---we get to stay at BWV!!! We saw the Boardwalk Resort for the first time in 2007 and DH said "One day I want to stay there, even if it's only for a few nights" and this year, we get to.
The savings was definitely worth it! The price was slightly more than a value, slightly less than a moderate. How could you say no? Now that I know about renting points, I might have to do this on every trip!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:52 AM   #92
lacrosse_lady72
I <3 Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post
it was really fast! Now I can't wait to stay there!
Me either, but you'll be there first. I'll be looking out for the TR on that for sure .

WDW: JULY/AUGUST 2002, MARCH 2004, MARCH/APRIL 2005, SEPTEMBER 2006, SEPTEMBER 2007, SEPTEMBER 2008, SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2009, APRIL 2010, SEPTEMBER 2011, SEPTEMBER 2013, SEPTEMBER 2015
DLR: APRIL 1998, DECEMBER 2005, JANUARY 2012, JANUARY 2013

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #93
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Wink

Whoo-hooo!

I can't wait to hear about your stay and your experience with renting points. If you have a good experience all the way through, then I'll ask for your advice and think about it for my next trip.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:36 AM   #94
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrosse_lady72 View Post
Me either, but you'll be there first. I'll be looking out for the TR on that for sure .
Oh there will be a long TR! I'm just attaching it to this pre trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
Whoo-hooo!

I can't wait to hear about your stay and your experience with renting points. If you have a good experience all the way through, then I'll ask for your advice and think about it for my next trip.
Crossing my fingers! If all goes well I'll recommend the guy I'm renting from. From my research it seems that he has a few DVC properties that he rents on a regular basis.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #95
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Well I'm finally back from my Sept Disney trip and can now focus 100% on this trip! I'll update more tomorrow but had a pow-wow with Christina and Nate last night and we made our ADR plans.

I had totally thought that my 90 mark was Saturday. Luckily Christina texts me today in a panic that she can't believe the race is only 92 days away. I thought that sounded odd since the 90 day mark was Saturday (in my mind lol). I double checked and OMG it's Friday!!! Thank GOD she mentioned something or I would have totally missed our 90 day mark! EEK!!!

Ok bed time and hopefully I'll come back here tomorrow for some updates!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #96
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Here's a few updates!!! FINALLY!!!

While I was away, I got written confirmation mailed to me about my DVC rental and BWV. I can NOT wait. The gentleman I'm renting from really has been great. We've just dealt with communication through email but he assures me I can call him at any time. I just haven't needed to. It was nice having that official letter from Disney with my name on it saying I'll be staying there!

Another idea brewing for our reservations is POSSIBLY a switch in hotel instead of Pop. the 4/3 and 5/2 deals do NOTHING for us since I have an AP and Christina has a million days of unused park tickets in her possession. I've been scouring the DIS to see what the AP rate for rooms was last year when they released them and it seems that there wasn't really a discount on value resorts. BUT the AP discount for Mods turns out to equal the same price of values without a discount. $89 or $99 a night depending on the night. If I cross my fingers and pray hard enough, I'm hoping they release the same discount this year. If they do, I got the OK from Christina to switch over to POFQ. I did really enjoy it last week on my trip with my mom but didn't really get a chance to wander and 'experience' it. Plus we didn't get to go to Scat Cats! I'd love to go back! So that's always a possibility.

I think that's it for major updates.... oh!

OK so tomorrow is our ADR day! Here's what we decided and our itinerary....Let me know what you guys think!

January 7, 2010 (Thursday)
Info: Nate and I are flying in on the 7am flight from Newark. Christina has to take the later flight because of teaching that day so she won't be in until really late. So Nate and I have the whole day with just the two of us. After we check in, and possibly grab a small bite to eat in the food court, I figure we should head directly to the Race Expo to pick up our race packets and wander the expo a little bit. We'll also have Christina's info with us so hopefully we can pick up her info as well. I want to look for half marathon shirts and all that fun stuff they have there. After that, we'll probably head to the MK to start off our day. Then head to the Contemporary for dinner at the Wave! We both try to eat very healthy when we're home so this should be perfect. Plus my breakfast experience there this past week was great.
Park: Race Expo/MK
ADRs: Wave dinner (for Nate and I)

January 8, 2010 (Friday)
Info: Christina will finally be with us so we'll wake up bright and early since we have to be in bed early, grab some food at the food court, and head to Animal Kingdom since it's a 'smaller' park. Dinner will most likely be at Teppan Edo but I just found out that they don't accept TIW! BOOOO! So now Nate is thinking we should eat somewhere else. Nate suggested Chefs but Christina vetoed that one. I just texted Nate asking about Tutto and he was all for it. So Tutto it is! Bring on the hottie waiters! (you'll read in my TR from last week...when I write it...that tutto has some scrumptious eye candy lol)
Park: AK?
ADRs: Tutto early dinner

January 9, 2010 (Saturday) - RACE DAY!
Info: Well today is the day we're going to try not to die. Up at around 2:30am or 3am and heading right to Epcot after a quick breakfast probably in the room. After the run we decided we can NOT just go back and sleep. We'll head back to the room and shower quickly and then head back out. Most likely to MK. We'll then head back to the room at some point for a quick nap and relaxation. Spectro and Wishes are scheduled for this day though so hopefully we get to see both. We decided on doing Hoopdedoo that night but the late show at 9:30pm so we'll hop the boat after Wishes. It's the only show time we can use TIW for so the discount will be much appreciated.
Park: MK
ADRs: Hoopdedoo

January 10, 2010 (Sunday)
Info: After dragging our sore bodies out of bed, we wanted Nate to experience a lovely character breakfast before he left. We decided on Akershus because none of us have done it, and Nate isn't a HUGE buffet fan. So the family style seems perfect. Plus he wanted to meet the princesses Our plans also bring us to Epcot anyways so it's great. After breakfast, we'll do part of future world and all the good rides there. Then around noon? We're Drinking Around the World!! Wish us luck...Nate's gonna need it I have no idea how Christina and I can drink him under the table, but we do...poor kid. Dinner will consist of snacking around the world.
Park: EP
ADRs: Akershus breakfast

January 11, 2010 (Monday)
Info: Nate is leaving today But he's taking the 3pm flight so he still has a few hours in the morning to hang out with us before DME takes him to the airport. We'll wake up and grab breakfast in the food court and head to Hollywood Studios to show him TSM, ToT, and RNRC. Hopefully we get through all 3 and we'll head back with him to the hotel to say bye. After he leaves, Christina and I will either head back to DHS or to Epcot. We're trying to get dinner ressies at Le Cellier, and if not then San Angel Inn. I'm skeptical about it but she liked it last time so I'm willing to try it!
Park: DS/EP
ADRs: Le Cellier or San Angel Inn

January 12, 2010 (Tuesday) - half solo
Info: Well Christina leaves today so I'm soon gonna be solo. In the morning, we wanted to do a character breakfast and possibly MK so I suggested Crystal Palace since I enjoyed it on my last trip. Plus we get to see MK deserted again. Christina really enjoys 1900 Park Faire and I haven't been there in awhile so I'm up for either. I'll try getting CP first and then if it's not at a good time, I'll get 1900. We'll do MK for awhile and then head back to the hotel to see her off. Then I'm on my own!!! Eek! Not really sure what park I'll do... Epcot or one of the smaller parks since I'll be doing MK the next day. As for dinner? I'm still torn. I'll most likely pick Sanaa for dinner tonight. I'll never get a chance to go back if I go with family. I did however, LOVE Kouzzina so I'm debating going there too since it's at my hotel. Hmmmmm!!!!! Decisions decisions!
Park: EP/MK
ADRs: Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Faire
dinner... Sanaa? kouzzina?

January 13, 2010 (Wednesday) - solo
Info: My first full solo day! I'm planning on doing Keys to the Kingdom today so I'll be at MK most of the day. Dinner at Citricos? I'm salivating just thinking about my last meal there. mmmmm!
Park: MK
ADRs: Keys to the Kingdom
Citricos

January 14, 2010 (Thursday) - solo
Info: Not sure what park to do today but dinner will definitely be at Jiko! i'll probably wander around downtown disney for awhile too.
Park: wherever the wind takes me ?? Downtown Disney??
ADRs: Jiko

January 15, 2010 (Friday) - solo
Info: So today is my last day I have a full day though since my flight isn't until 6pm. Don't know what I'll do yet... probably no ADRs either. Just food court and wandering!
Park: MK??/EP??
ADRs: ??

So what you guys think?

Last edited by disneygirlinnj; 10-08-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:44 AM   #97
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quick training update...

I really haven't been running as much as I should be... AT ALL!! Haven't done more than 6miles since I ran that 10 miles over a month ago. BUT I did run a 10k (6.2 miles) the day after I got back from Disney and broke my personal record!!! Happy dance!

Ran it in 1:02:36....a 10:04 pace. SO thrilled with it! It was a gorgeous run through the streets of mahwah...past some farms, through tree lined streets, and gorgeous houses. Perfect weather too.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/15365161
Old 10-08-2009, 02:17 PM   #98
jessily
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great Love Jiko and love love love drinking (and eating) around the world!

If you're going to a late Hoop-de-doo show on Saturday I would definitely suggest trying to take a nap during the day. We went right to Epcot (after a shower) after the half last year. I'm glad we did because it kept us moving and streched out the muscles. Around 6 pm though I crashed hard! I barely slept at all the night before the half, then getting up at 2:30, etc.. it really takes it out of you (more than I expected). I left my BF in the park and fell asleep at 7:30 That's something I never thought I would do in Disney.

I'm staying 1/8-1/15. Need to make ADRs this Saturday and I'm not NEARLY as organized as you are Time to start planning!
Old 10-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #99
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Schedule looks great! I don't really know what else to say (for once).
Old 10-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #100
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessily View Post
Your plans look great Love Jiko and love love love drinking (and eating) around the world!

If you're going to a late Hoop-de-doo show on Saturday I would definitely suggest trying to take a nap during the day. We went right to Epcot (after a shower) after the half last year. I'm glad we did because it kept us moving and streched out the muscles. Around 6 pm though I crashed hard! I barely slept at all the night before the half, then getting up at 2:30, etc.. it really takes it out of you (more than I expected). I left my BF in the park and fell asleep at 7:30 That's something I never thought I would do in Disney.

I'm staying 1/8-1/15. Need to make ADRs this Saturday and I'm not NEARLY as organized as you are Time to start planning!
Oh we are DEFINITELY going to take a nap Just the thought of staying up that late after being up at 2am is making me tired! I think after the run, we'll quickly go and shower and stuff but then head right now. I figure we can go back to the room to nap around 3? Haven't decided yet. But a nap is definitely in the plans!

Quote:
Schedule looks great! I don't really know what else to say (for once).
hahaha, thank you! And photos WILL be scheduled in!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #101
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

ADRs ARE MADE!!!!

If you guys are following me on Twitter, I appologize for ranting and raving so early in the morning. I was soooo annoyed... still am when I think about it. UGH! But it all worked out in the end. So sit back, relax, and get ready for my vent!

So for some reason I had a brain fart this morning. I woke up at 6:30am when my alarm went off, bummed around for a few mins and then OMG realized I had to make ADRs today! I totallllly forgot. So of course then I'm freaking out because I wanted to try for Le Cellier and Crystal Palace AND Akershus.

Jumped online and tried to quickly enter in all my info...and get the stupid 'E' Error thing. Hmm... clear cookies...try again. Same error. Open up Safari...try again...same error. Now I'm starting to get irrirtated. Look at the clock... 6:50am... I guess I can wait for 10 mins until the phone lines open. Check the DIS and NO ONE is complaining about this at 6am lol... hmm... either no one has this problem or no one is trying to make ADRs.

I quickly make my dinner ADR for the Wave since that's exactly 90 days out. I try for 7pm and there's nothing available. Really? Who the heck wants to eat at the Wave?! We end up with 5:55pm. Not too bad.

7am according to my phone I start to call Disney Dining... keep getting the office closed message until 7:04am. OK, not a problem. Get through the prompts and a CM answers right away. She was sweet...I swear. I'm not denying her that. She just had NO CLUE what she was doing. I give her my reservation number about 3 times until she gets it right. That was my first clue this might not be a fun phone call. I seriously debate hanging up and trying for another CM but who knows how long I'll be on hold for.

I quickly say Le Cellier...4 people... January 11th. and she's like making small talk with me about Disney. Umm... LADY... I NEED THIS LE CELLIER ADR... STOP TALKING TO ME AND PUNCH IT INTO THE COMPUTER! Finally after repeating my date and number of people a few times...she gets it... I asked for 6pm...all they have is 7:05pm showing up. No other options. Not a problem, I'll take it. I tell her I want a few ADRs with credit card holds... she tells me we can do those later. I tell her one of them is Akershus and it's pretty popular... she tells me we can do it later. GRRRR. OK fine.

So I gave up on those and tell her Crystal Palace. She looks, nothing is coming up. AT ALL. Then after 5 minutes of doing I have no idea... she starts to laugh. "oh that's right!!! Crystal Palace is closed that week due to renovations! I totally forgot! How about Chef Mickeys?" Ok, thanks for wasting another few minutes of my life. I keep trying to tell her we want 1900 Park Faire instead then but she KEEPS ON TALKING about Chef Mickey's. I finally get her to stop talking and she looks for 1900 and it's available at 8am. Whew...now we're getting somewhere.

Slowly and painfully we get Tutto for the day before the race at 4:30pm. I also get Sanaa for one of my solo meals. Made it for 2 people just in case I get company.

I'm about to give her more ADRs but she interrupts me and says that she has to confirm all of these because they aren't allowed to do more than 4 at a time. Excuse me!??!? I did this myself a few months ago and positive the system allows 10 at a time. Hmph. Fine. She went through the whole entire spiel about ADRs, etc. Got my confirmation numbers... lets move on.

Time for the credit card hold ADRs... Hoopdedoo please, Jan 9th...before I can tell her the time of the show and its only 3 of us... she automatically puts in the 5pm show for 4 people. I tell her I have TIW and can only do the 9:30 show and it's for 3 people and she still tries to give me the 5pm show. Hmph. We figure it out and it's available...she asks for my credit card. I ask about TIW and she's says they didnt ask her for it. But you just told me HDDR charges my card right away so I don't want to be overcharged. Time to ask a supervisor...hold please. Another 5 mins later, the supervisor tells her where it is. She asks for the TIW number and I try to give it to her. Well...part of the TIW number is the date you BOUGHT the card... she keeps asking me to give the expiration date instead. I gave up and just gave her the expiration date. BUT....when she goes to confirm the reservation....it's still for 4 people AND in Category 1...we want Category 2. So cancel everything we just did and start over.... GRRRR. I'll blame it on her when we get there if it didn't work.

So she gives me the confirmation number for that one. OK...lets move on

Akershus... seriously..it was as if that whole Hoopdedoo fiasco never happened. Gave her the info...3 people... Jan 10th...8am. Cross my fingers 8am is still available. She comes back and says 'yes! it's available'.... asks for the credit card. I ask about TIW again and she's like 'OHHHH you want to use a TIW card....' Seriously lady. She backs out of the Credit Card piece, enters the TIW. Before the Visa piece again she recites the reservation. FOUR PEOPLE she booked it for. I tell her, no....I wanted 3 people. I even remember specifically telling her 3 people when I started Akershus. So she gets quiet and says she'll have to start over again. I think this is when I sent my tweet about jumping through the phone and strangling her. So she backs out and laughs and says 'oh boy...well I hope that 8am time is still available!' By then I had pretty much lost it and calmy said 'Yup...you're right...I hope it's still available because this wasn't the systems fault'. So luckily it was and after another TIW card entry fiasco, I finally gave her my credit card (which I had to repeat 5 times) and I got my confirmation number.

Sadly I still had other ADRs to make. Luckily those didn't go too badly. Make Jiko for my solo dinner as well as Citricos. WHEW....DONE!

I still need to make my Keys to the Kingdom reservation but when she asks if she can book anything else like a show, etc for me, I just say no, thanks, and get off the phone. I call the tour line and right away I get an awesome CM who had me booked with my AP discount and off the phone in less than 5 mins.

Wow...just reading that whole thing again ticks me off. lol... I'm gonna go relax now hahahahaha!
Old 10-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #102
annnewjerz
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.

Wowww, talk about jumping through hoops to get your ADRs. On my 90 day mark, I was getting that E error message also. Luckily after about 45 minutes, clearing my cookies and a few re-starts it worked and I was able to get all of my ressies by 3:45am. I'm completely surprised by the fact that no one was on the DIS at 6:00am complaining about the online system.

I'm glad you were able to get everything you wanted, give or take an hour. I'll be at The Wave and Jiko for dinner in December, so hopefully they're good!

Now, I think it's time to get to the TR from September, don't ya think??
Old 10-09-2009, 12:43 PM   #103
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Wow, no wonder why you were freaking out. I would have been quite aggravated too. You should definitely go get a beer and relax.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #104
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annnewjerz View Post
Wowww, talk about jumping through hoops to get your ADRs. On my 90 day mark, I was getting that E error message also. Luckily after about 45 minutes, clearing my cookies and a few re-starts it worked and I was able to get all of my ressies by 3:45am. I'm completely surprised by the fact that no one was on the DIS at 6:00am complaining about the online system.

I'm glad you were able to get everything you wanted, give or take an hour. I'll be at The Wave and Jiko for dinner in December, so hopefully they're good!

Now, I think it's time to get to the TR from September, don't ya think??
HAHA...I knowww! I was in such a rush when I left for work this morning that I left all the info and receipts on my dresser. Because of the ADRs this morning I had to rush and get ready and sprint out the door for an early meeting. Made it on time though but the TR is slightly postponed...again

Quote:
Wow, no wonder why you were freaking out. I would have been quite aggravated too. You should definitely go get a beer and relax.
Beer is later tonight. We're actually going to go see that crazy scary movie that just came out, Paranormal Activity. Then grabbing a few beers. Hopefully this movie doesn't scare me TOO bad. I hear it's the scariest movie EVER.

Last edited by disneygirlinnj; 10-09-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #105
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Smile

I was so worried this morning! I was hoping it would all end up OK. But yeah, I would have wanted to strangle her too. She was obviously new or new-ish and didn't realize what power she had at her fingertips. LOL!

Staying off-site, I didn't have to worry about reservation numbers, but getting up early daily was a little on the rough side.

YAY for finishing ADRs!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: