Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 07:45 PM   #46
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Hmm... so I was running on the treadmill today and bored out of my mind so I started thinking obviously of my solo part of the trip. What can I do to pass the time...

backstage tours!!!

I've always wanted to do the Keys to the Kingdom and Behind the Seeds tours and what perfect time?

Has anyone done any of them before? What did you think?
Old 08-13-2009, 07:56 PM   #47
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Hey! We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour!!! Loved it. It's so much fun. I have a review of it in my May TR.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #48
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Hey! We did the Keys to the Kingdom tour!!! Loved it. It's so much fun. I have a review of it in my May TR.
heading there right now thanks!
Old 08-16-2009, 07:29 AM   #49
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Where'd everyone else go?

Yesterday ran 6 miles...it was just way too hot and humid by the time we got out there to do much more. Since I was only doing 6 I decided to push myself a little more. Finished in 1:05:30.... my best 6mi time yet, minus a 10k I ran but I usually run faster in races.

I feel good today too, knees aren't sore or anything...happy dance!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/11271397
Old 08-16-2009, 09:53 AM   #50
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygirlinnj View Post

Yesterday ran 6 miles...it was just way too hot and humid by the time we got out there to do much more. Since I was only doing 6 I decided to push myself a little more. Finished in 1:05:30.... my best 6mi time yet, minus a 10k I ran but I usually run faster in races.

Nice job. A 10 minute mile is pretty good.

A couple of friends of mine are planning to do the WDW Marathon. I think they're going to do the full though.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:10 AM   #51
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoot241 View Post
Nice job. A 10 minute mile is pretty good.

A couple of friends of mine are planning to do the WDW Marathon. I think they're going to do the full though.
thanks!! running the full is something i cant even wrap my mind around yet. just thinking about the half is daunting enough!
Old 08-16-2009, 10:27 AM   #52
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
thanks!! running the full is something i cant even wrap my mind around yet. just thinking about the half is daunting enough!
That's alright, I can't even wrap my mind around running the half. Not a big fan of running. I'd rather ride a bike.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #53
MyMuse
From here...to there!

Location: North NJ (I don't know any Sopranos! or Real Housewives!)

Quote:
Hmm... so I was running on the treadmill today and bored out of my mind so I started thinking obviously of my solo part of the trip. What can I do to pass the time...

backstage tours!!!

I've always wanted to do the Keys to the Kingdom and Behind the Seeds tours and what perfect time?

Has anyone done any of them before? What did you think?
I'm going to do the same in December.

I'm definitely going to do Keys to the Kingdom and the new Segway tour which has Behind the Seeds already in it as well as Undiscovered World, from the description.

Congrats on the mileage! I only do the treadmill and the most I can do s 3 miles. Then my right knee goes out-of-whack for 1-2 days.
Old 08-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #54
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's alright, I can't even wrap my mind around running the half. Not a big fan of running. I'd rather ride a bike.
I despised running at first. Now I'm honestly scarily starting to enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMuse View Post
I'm going to do the same in December.

I'm definitely going to do Keys to the Kingdom and the new Segway tour which has Behind the Seeds already in it as well as Undiscovered World, from the description.

Congrats on the mileage! I only do the treadmill and the most I can do s 3 miles. Then my right knee goes out-of-whack for 1-2 days.
I can NOT wait for the KTTK tour!! the segways seems really cool but I think I'm going to just stick to one semi-expensive tour and the cheap Behind the Seeds.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:08 PM   #55
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
I despised running at first. Now I'm honestly scarily starting to enjoy it!
A lot of people seem to enjoy running. Maybe if I really tried I might do alright. In the past I've gotten shin splints, which hurt like, well...

In high school and college I got a lot of exercise from marching band. Now that I'm out of college, I've been a bit lax on exercise and need to crack down.
Old 08-18-2009, 07:41 AM   #57
Lynn5700
WOO HOO I will be there

Quote:

Great Job girl!!!!!! Glad you felt good after!!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #58
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A lot of people seem to enjoy running. Maybe if I really tried I might do alright. In the past I've gotten shin splints, which hurt like, well...

In high school and college I got a lot of exercise from marching band. Now that I'm out of college, I've been a bit lax on exercise and need to crack down.
yeah, I started running because after college I was doing NOTHING with myself! I needed to get out and moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanyosh View Post
I'm back. I was at church camp, then really sick.....
Aww jordan I'm sorry! Saw your update on your trip report too. Glad you're feeling mostly better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Great Job girl!!!!!! Glad you felt good after!!!!
Thank you!! Now umm... do your toenails ever hurt after a long run?! i swear they're not too long but omg my 2nd toe nail feels like it's going to fall off OUCH! And I really think my shoes are big enough. Grrrr...
Old 08-22-2009, 09:07 PM   #59
disneygirlinnj
DIS Veteran

Woke up early this morning for my long 8am run. Then realized that my Garmin wasn't charged so I bummed around for an hour until it got enough juice. Got to the park and when I started running I saw Nate, the guy running Disney with us, as he was finishing up his long run.

Trucked along and completed my first 9 miles!! Took me 1hr 48mins...pretty good for me and a steady 12 min pace. Now that I know I could do it I'll pick up the pace next time.

I felt good for the whole thing. It was slighly drizzling when I started, then stopped, then flat our rained for a good 20 mins, then stopped, then drizzled again. Needless to say I was soaked to the bone but it felt good to cool off.

Right now I'm bumming around and getting stiff and a little sore but nothing horrible. Taking it easy tonight!
Old 08-22-2009, 09:31 PM   #60
scoot241
Geaux Tigers!

Quote:
Woke up early this morning for my long 8am run. Then realized that my Garmin wasn't charged so I bummed around for an hour until it got enough juice. Got to the park and when I started running I saw Nate, the guy running Disney with us, as he was finishing up his long run.

Trucked along and completed my first 9 miles!! Took me 1hr 48mins...pretty good for me and a steady 12 min pace. Now that I know I could do it I'll pick up the pace next time.

I felt good for the whole thing. It was slighly drizzling when I started, then stopped, then flat our rained for a good 20 mins, then stopped, then drizzled again. Needless to say I was soaked to the bone but it felt good to cool off.

Right now I'm bumming around and getting stiff and a little sore but nothing horrible. Taking it easy tonight!
Congrats on 9 miles!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: