Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2009, 10:31 PM   #166
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Now tomorrow we have a very early Ohana breakfast, then DH is sending me to MK with the kids without him....seems the wimp cant take WDW with the girls and his legs "Dont want to move anymore" Oh come on! Kayla is 6 and she can do it!

So if he does ditch me I am so screwed...and MK has no booze people...what am I going to do?

For lunch I think we will go to CHH and if DH stays behind he will call room service...what a skunk! I want to lay around and order room service! Hmmm that gives me a great idea...RENT -A- PARENT! Hire parent stand ins to take kids to the parks and let the real parents relax!

We will leave the park around 2, hang by they pool since it is supposed to be warm and have dinner at Kona. Tomorrow is our last full day so I have to get their butts in the Volcano pool or I will never hear the end of it!

One more thing I forgot to tell you....in the last 3 days all the parks we went to they have the survey people asking you questions but this time they are asking you about the cleanliness of the parks, bathrooms, restaurants, are we seeing park attendants etc...and DH and I noticed yesterday and today the bathrooms are gross, there is a lot of litter around and no one picking it up, there are not as many CM's as we usually see....and there is still alot of Xmas cups, napkins, and some plates at the CS places....the most Celebration merchandise we saw was today at Epcot...the rest of the place does not look to be celebrating. Capt Cooks are still selling the old 08 mugs, no sign of the new ones yet....which stinks since they are trying to promote the new theme.

Goodnight all!

You will be fine with the girls at MK--just think of it as "girls day out" and leave poophead Todd behind. The girls will have a blast at MK. Just enjoy the day and can't wait for the reviews for tomorrow. We've been thinking of trying Kona and will await your reviews.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:02 PM   #167
Mich123
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the great reviews!

Love the review of Akershaus--I'm sending my parents there with my daughters next month and I'm relieved to see that it looks awesome. Actually, it looks like I might be a little jealous!

Can't wait to see the review of Ohana, we also have ressies there 'cause my DH couldn't pass up breakfast with Stitch!

Hope you have a great weekend!
2014 Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club/2013 Back to Disneyland Grand Californian/2012 Polynesian/2011 Our Second Disney Cruise - Mexican Riviera/2010 Our First Disney Cruise and Disney's Vero Beach...and Our First trip to Disneyland! Grand Californian/2009 Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside/2008 Disney's Vero Beach/2007 Port Orleans Riverside/2006 Coronado Springs

Mich123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #168
mickeymotto
Where in the "World" am I?

Lovin' your TR and reviews as usual. Just lookin' at that Shwarma Plattter is makin' me hungry!!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #169
LAWalz23
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! I don't have my own kids but have been taking my twin niece and nephew since they were 3, they are 11 now, and nothing beats watching them have a good time!
Another LIer here and I agree 100% that pizza in Florida needs something like ranch dressing to make it edible!
LAWalz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:11 AM   #170
Michelle_and_Aaron
Mouseketeer

Hey there Nicki I just found this live report! I always seem to miss the first few days.
I am so sorry to hear about your dinner the first night because I kind of wanted to do that but we will just do GFC instead. I know you loved that so it is probably a safe bet.
I can't wait to read more!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:22 AM   #171
alan_renfroe
DIS Veteran

Just found your latest report! I'm subscribing!

1200 pics, 1100 miles, 15 deluxe dining meals, 7 days, 6 nights, 1 great time at POR May 29-June 5, 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3289594

Past trip reports:
Team Renfroe's 2nd Trip Report, May 15-22, 2009 - 1500 pictures, dining reviews and DISmeets! - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187084
Pre-Trip Report for May, 2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884986
First trip report with TONS of pics - May, 2008 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1841491
alan_renfroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:01 AM   #172
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

What a cute story about the CM's and the stuffed animals! However, what a haunting story about that mother??? What is wrong with her???

Your nieces are precious!!! You will have fun tomorrow at MK! Just go with the flow and don't get too stressed!

The lack of cleanliness of WDW concerns me! That is one of the reasons we love going there, so if they are sacrificing upkeep in light of trying to save money that really worries me.

The chicken schawarma platter looks delicious!!! I had already decided we were eating at Tangierine this next trip -- now I know what I want to order.
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:46 AM   #173
AngVT
My heart is at Disney, my body is in VT.

Quote:

DH had the Octopus Juice, a pina colada with chambord...sooo yummy!

OMGosh!!!!!! WHY haven't I seen this thing around? I LOVE Chambord!!!! (It looks so yummy!!!!) MMM, gonna have to go in Coral Reef for some appies and booze!!! LOL!

You know... I bet they have some vodka nips at the store at Poly... I've heard that the dole whip float with Vodka is good.... LOL!

I cannot believe some people, leave your kid, and go on a ride alone? That's just very poor parenting. makes me sick.

When are you all going to TH breakfast? I thought it was this trip???

It looks like Cait and I will be going to Akershus... the breakfast looks yummy! Thanks for all of the pictures! (And Tangerine Cafe was already on my list of CS places to go... I love Chicken Shawirma!)

(offsite trips)1983; Apr. 2003 Oct. 2004 Dec. 2007 Oct. 2008 - WL Oct. 2009 - CSR Dec. 2011 CSR (the princess' 16th birthday)
AngVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:08 AM   #174
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Quote:
Now tomorrow we have a very early Ohana breakfast, then DH is sending me to MK with the kids without him....seems the wimp cant take WDW with the girls and his legs "Dont want to move anymore" Oh come on! Kayla is 6 and she can do it!

So if he does ditch me I am so screwed...and MK has no booze people...what am I going to do?

Bring your own and make special Dole Whips
For lunch I think we will go to CHH and if DH stays behind he will call room service...what a skunk! I want to lay around and order room service! Hmmm that gives me a great idea...RENT -A- PARENT! Hire parent stand ins to take kids to the parks and let the real parents relax!

Ummm, honey I think the girls mom already did that

We will leave the park around 2, hang by they pool since it is supposed to be warm and have dinner at Kona. Tomorrow is our last full day so I have to get their butts in the Volcano pool or I will never hear the end of it!

One more thing I forgot to tell you....in the last 3 days all the parks we went to they have the survey people asking you questions but this time they are asking you about the cleanliness of the parks, bathrooms, restaurants, are we seeing park attendants etc...and DH and I noticed yesterday and today the bathrooms are gross, there is a lot of litter around and no one picking it up, there are not as many CM's as we usually see....and there is still alot of Xmas cups, napkins, and some plates at the CS places....the most Celebration merchandise we saw was today at Epcot...the rest of the place does not look to be celebrating. Capt Cooks are still selling the old 08 mugs, no sign of the new ones yet....which stinks since they are trying to promote the new theme.
I hope if they're surveying about it that means they're willing to step back up to higher standards. We were a little disappointed in December, trash cans/ash trays overflowing, bathrooms weren't in the best shape. It wasn't the level I expect from Disney
Also at Epcot three rides were constantly breaking down. Many stations at Club Cool are out of service, the customize your soda bottle at Club Cool is not working either and out of order sign is on them...the older one wanted to do it but the CM said sorry it was broken...DH was so mad he said than remove the items or put a sign on it so others do not know they cannot have what they see.

Then on the way home the monorail going to the resorts was broken down and they had no idea when it would be fixed so we had to walk and carry the little one...that is NO FUN AT ALL!

that really stinks!

Goodnight all!
I know you liked your entree at Coral Reef, but overall did you think the entire meal was worth the money? We haven't been there in years (since they had the peanut butter playdough for dessert--if anyone remembers that far back ) My kids aren't into aquariums, so if we went, it would have to be for the food & service.
Can't wait for the next update, we haven't been to Ohana's or Kona for a very long time.

Don't worry, you'll be fine at MK by yourself today. It may even be easier because there isn't a "good cop" for the girls to run to. It's Disney World, it's Magic Kingdom, go have fun! I'm sure it will be magical for the 3 Princesses today

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:56 AM   #175
PrincessDisney96
Mouseketeer

Loving the reviews. Subscribing
Old 01-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #176
traci
Doesn't want any Tags

Tell the girls they are soooo cute! And I LOVE the hat They are really adorable Nicki

Now you have me wanting to try Akershus for breakfast! The food looks really good.
2007 Polynesian MK View
2008 Grand Floridian GV
2009 Grand Floridian RPC & Animal Kingdom Lodge CL
2009 Grand Floridian RPC MK View
2010 Grand Floridian GRAND SUITE!
2011 Grand Floridian MK View
2012 Grand Floridian MK View
2013 Grand Floridian MK View
2015 Grand Floridian RPC MK View
**DISNEYLAND**
Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel & Paradise Pier
weekend trips 2010 to present!
traci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #177
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You will be fine with the girls at MK--just think of it as "girls day out" and leave poophead Todd behind. The girls will have a blast at MK. Just enjoy the day and can't wait for the reviews for tomorrow. We've been thinking of trying Kona and will await your reviews.
Well those plans went out the window...will post why in a few minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich123 View Post
Love the review of Akershaus--I'm sending my parents there with my daughters next month and I'm relieved to see that it looks awesome. Actually, it looks like I might be a little jealous!

Can't wait to see the review of Ohana, we also have ressies there 'cause my DH couldn't pass up breakfast with Stitch!

Hope you have a great weekend!
They will love the Princess Breakfast...missed our Ohana tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymotto View Post
Lovin' your TR and reviews as usual. Just lookin' at that Shwarma Plattter is makin' me hungry!!
Ooh it was awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAWalz23 View Post
Great reviews! I don't have my own kids but have been taking my twin niece and nephew since they were 3, they are 11 now, and nothing beats watching them have a good time!
Another LIer here and I agree 100% that pizza in Florida needs something like ranch dressing to make it edible!
They are so cute and having fun but I have to tell you I am ready to go home! My sister is driving me mental!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_and_Aaron View Post
Hey there Nicki I just found this live report! I always seem to miss the first few days.
I am so sorry to hear about your dinner the first night because I kind of wanted to do that but we will just do GFC instead. I know you loved that so it is probably a safe bet.
I can't wait to read more!
Yes GFC is a million times better than 1900 PF. Thanks for joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan_renfroe View Post
Just found your latest report! I'm subscribing!
Hi Alan! Cannot wait to read yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
What a cute story about the CM's and the stuffed animals! However, what a haunting story about that mother??? What is wrong with her???

Your nieces are precious!!! You will have fun tomorrow at MK! Just go with the flow and don't get too stressed!

The lack of cleanliness of WDW concerns me! That is one of the reasons we love going there, so if they are sacrificing upkeep in light of trying to save money that really worries me.

The chicken schawarma platter looks delicious!!! I had already decided we were eating at Tangierine this next trip -- now I know what I want to order.
DH keeps saying that Disney is slipping and for us, since we go about 6 times a year, we can really see the little things ya know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngVT View Post
OMGosh!!!!!! WHY haven't I seen this thing around? I LOVE Chambord!!!! (It looks so yummy!!!!) MMM, gonna have to go in Coral Reef for some appies and booze!!! LOL!

You know... I bet they have some vodka nips at the store at Poly... I've heard that the dole whip float with Vodka is good.... LOL!

I cannot believe some people, leave your kid, and go on a ride alone? That's just very poor parenting. makes me sick.

When are you all going to TH breakfast? I thought it was this trip???

It looks like Cait and I will be going to Akershus... the breakfast looks yummy! Thanks for all of the pictures! (And Tangerine Cafe was already on my list of CS places to go... I love Chicken Shawirma!)

Cait will love it! Never to old for the Princesses! Well I had to cancel the TH breakfast, you will see why in a minute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
I know you liked your entree at Coral Reef, but overall did you think the entire meal was worth the money? We haven't been there in years (since they had the peanut butter playdough for dessert--if anyone remembers that far back ) My kids aren't into aquariums, so if we went, it would have to be for the food & service.
Can't wait for the next update, we haven't been to Ohana's or Kona for a very long time.

Don't worry, you'll be fine at MK by yourself today. It may even be easier because there isn't a "good cop" for the girls to run to. It's Disney World, it's Magic Kingdom, go have fun! I'm sure it will be magical for the 3 Princesses today
Um for me Coral Reef was a dead hit right on, I really enjoyed it! For Todd he liked everything but the steak...so maybe if we go another time he will try the pork....he isnt a huge fish eater, one or two bites is good for him. The kids loved looking at the tank and the divers and the HUMONGOUS Crush turtle. I would like to go back but I think DH prefers the countries instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDisney96 View Post
Loving the reviews. Subscribing
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by traci View Post
Tell the girls they are soooo cute! And I LOVE the hat They are really adorable Nicki

Now you have me wanting to try Akershus for breakfast! The food looks really good.
They are such great little kids!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #178
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

I'm not sure if I told you that I had the falafel wrap and LOVED it, thanks!

The girls are adorable, hoping y'all have a great day today.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #179
accountingbabe08
DIS Veteran

Remember Nicki your in the most magical place in the world and you can do anything.

I took my daughter for 6 days to WDW by myself, let me just say it wore both of us out.

Belinda
accountingbabe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #180
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Oh you guys, I knew it was going to happen, I could just feel it...I was too lucky for too long...I dealt with going number 2 and wiping little yucky noses but the worst, the gawd awful thing that could possibly happen to someone like me happened....I had to deal with......SICKNESS! You know the kind, the kid wakes you up at 1am and was sick in the bed?

Me, the one that has zero kids, the one that can get sick just thinking about it had to deal with the worst event ever...comforting a very sick little 6 year old while trying not to be ill herself.

At one am Kayla woke me up, poor little thing. Todd, again no kid experience here either, called Mousekeeping and I took her in the bathroom. Mousekeeping is fantastic, they stripped the bed, brought in a cleaner to take care of the mattress and the carpet.

This happened again at 3 and again at 4:30....again Mousekeeping couldnt be more understanding and accommodating and were at our room within 10 minutes with more sheets, towels and everything else. They came by around 9am to tell us they will clean the carpets completely and change the mattress at noon today. THe poor CM that came to our rescue was amazing, he said there were 2 other little ones in our building that had the same problem too. Todd kept tipping him $20 for his troubles, trust me he was totally worth it....I wouldnt want to do it.

It has to be the very cold weather, the excitement of the trip, the food and stuff too. So now she is on a water and dry cereal diet...had to skip the Ohana breakfast and I cancelled the TH breakfast too because that is just too much for her to handle. We are still in PJ's this morning, have to love my DH who went to the food court to get us some bagels and coffee (I need it no matter how terrible it is). I think I had 4 hours of sleep total, Todd maybe 6. The little one woke up and said she feels so much better.

So now I have no idea what we are doing today. Maybe go to MK around noon for a few hours? Should I keep the Kona dinner and if so what should I feed her so we do not have a repeat of last night? How about lunch....what should she eat?

She says she wants to go swimming, is it safe to let her?

Sorry for all the questions but I am at a loss here and my sister is ZERO help to me right now...she is doing nothing but giving me grief and major attitude. Can you believe she wants me to take pics of them on rides and niot with charcters and general pics? How am I supposed to do that? THis is not a fair ground park where I can stay off to the side and snap pictures, this place is packed and I am on the ride with them.....I swear she is making this so hard on me!

Todd just got back with bagels and coffee...and they were pretty good but forgive me no pics of these ha ha
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: