Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Belle2667
Ah, Disney, where the magic never stops!

Cindy Crawford Furniture - Any reviews?

Hi -

DH and I are looking at getting some new furniture for our family room and we were looking at the Cindy Crawford Denim slip-cover couch and loveseat.

Does anyone have any experience with the Cindy Crawford line? Some research we've done, some people have complaints with the wear, but it's hard to gauge how hard they use it or what timeframe they're talking about.

Any experiences are appreciated. TIA
DS18
Belle2667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
mefordis
Imitation: the sincerest form of flattery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle2667 View Post
Hi -

DH and I are looking at getting some new furniture for our family room and we were looking at the Cindy Crawford Denim slip-cover couch and loveseat.

Does anyone have any experience with the Cindy Crawford line? Some research we've done, some people have complaints with the wear, but it's hard to gauge how hard they use it or what timeframe they're talking about.

Any experiences are appreciated. TIA
I don't know anything about the Cindy Crawford line but I"ll tell you that we love our Restoration Hardware furniture!!! Great durability and nice looking.

Oct 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Aug 2010 Wilderness Lodge
May 2009 DLR Grand Californian
April 2008 POFQ
Aug 2007 - Condo
May 2007 Yacht Club
Sept 2006 CSR/POR
mefordis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
hrh_disney_queen
My DH has the hots for Stacey
Momma wuvs her little kitty-kitty, oh yes she does, oh, yes she does
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

We have a leather set of sofa, loveseat, and chair of CC. We have had it for a year now, and I have seen it for a total of maybe 30 miutues over that year. As soon as we got it, I covered it with it with not so attractive covers to keep the dog drool and kids sticky fingers off of it. If I had my choice, we would not have gotten it..not enough room, and we never see it because it will be ruined the first time we leave the covers off. (My DH HAD to have it)So as far as the furniture goes, it is REALLY pretty (red leather, mmmm) but we never see it/use it. Sorry that probably doesn't help you at all.

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
hrh_disney_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
jll45
Mouseketeer

One suggestion, get the Protection Plan from Raymour and Flanigan. I have seen the set in the showroom and it is very similar if not exactly the same material as your favorite pair of jeans. The protection plan will replace the furniture for free if anything happens that they can't fix and they will also come and fix any wear and tear or stubborn stains for free.

I cannot rave enough about the plan. I have had 3 sets of new coffee tables and end tables since last March. They kept chipping and they kept bringing me new sets. Finally, I requested completely new tables, within and hour they had called the store and I was able to go down and with a credit for the amount I paid for a 3 tables, I was able to pick out anything I wanted. It didn't even have to be tables, could have been a couch for all they cared.

The customer service is excellent at the store and at the corporate level. You will not be disappointed at all.

Jennifer
6/01, 11/08, 08/12-POR
5/08 - Off Site (DH's 1st Trip!)
8/07 - Poly
10/04, 8/05, 8/06, 8/08, 10/13- POP
8/99, 8/00, 2/03, 8/10 - ASMovies
7/96 - CB
7/14 - WL
6/93 - CR
11/81 - Golf Resort[/SIZE]
jll45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:04 AM   #5
Belle2667
Ah, Disney, where the magic never stops!

Thank you for the responses.

As far as the denim and wear, I fully expect that it would wear like my favorite jeans and that was one of the things I liked about it. Plus, being slip-covered, if the cushions were wearing in one spot more than another, it would be easy to switch them up to wear more evenly. Plus, since it's for our informal family room, I thought if it ever got that bad, I could sew patches on it, just like mom used to do to our favorite jeans.

As far as the protection plan, thanks for the advice. We would probably pass that up, but hearing your good experience, we will take a closer look at it. The problem is that it would be cheaper for us to buy online and have it delivered than to buy from Raymour & Flannigan. They are hurting enough to deal on pricing yet.
DS18
Belle2667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
EvilQueenT
DIS Veteran

we purchased our then 16 y/o daughter a queen sized canopy bed from the cindy crawford line at rooms to go. it's now 4 years old and still looks brandnew. she loves the piece but is rough on furniture plus her cat has barfed on the wood from time to time. it's held up beautifully. couldn't be happier. don't have any experience with her livingroom stuff tho.
EvilQueenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
Tiggeroo
Grammar Nazi
is looking for a funny tag to put under her name
How about..Eats all the peanut butter out of the chocolate ice cream?
Showed BestBuy her Best Pink Lace

I am very happy with my Raymour and Flannigan purchase. We bought the protection plan and haven't needed it. Go in prepared to bargain. They will. Our salesman was great. I went in prepared to get the same sofa you are looking at. They didn't have it in stock and I bought something very similar.

Flamingo Restored by Dan Murphy
Tiggeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #8
Aimeedyan
Why get all excited about something as silly as a fake celebrity? Or getting a tag?
Jello is not meant to be chunky

We bought a sectional from Rooms to Go - it's great! We did buy the protection plan from them, we always do because we almost always use the protection plan.

The rooms to go one included a spray on protectant that would help it repel stains. Not long after we got it, our sweet Shih Tzu decided he needed to mark the cushions on the section and I kid you not - that pee just beaded up! I was amazed. Nothing soaked in, nothing stained, it was great.
1982 & 1990 ~ trips as a child ~1997 ~ Caribbean Beach ~ 2002 ~ Vacation Home ~ 2003 ~ Stayed with Family ~ 2004 ~ Port Orleans Riverside ~2006 ~ Pop Century & Disney's Vero Beach ~ 2007 ~ Wilderness Lodge & Yacht Club ~ 2008 ~ Carnival Cruise & All Star Music ~ 2009 ~ All Star Sports & Downtown Hotel ~ 2009 ~ All Star Music, Comfort Inn & Boardwalk Villas
Aimeedyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #9
Makaveli1980
Earning My Ears

This is kinda late but run screaming away from that furniture!

I purchased a Cindy crayford Sofa from the Brick and what a piece of junk. Back cushions lost shape right away and it creaks like crazy. Got warrenty work done by the Brick and it got half fixed, but still creaks like crazy. The stiching job was messy, and there is some minute burn damage on the back probably from a cigarette. Run away from this furniture and the Brick.
Makaveli1980 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: