Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Disney Brides Conquer the World! A mini weekend getaway! Final Update-2/28

I'm excited I can finally start this trip report!! A group of girls that met on the Weddings/Honeymoon forum have been planning a meetup for about a year now! Well, that meet finally happened Marathon Weekend at Walt Disney World!! Here's a recap of our 3 day weekend trip! I met up with a friend whose parents' live in New Orleans and we flew into Orlando together to meet up with everyone else. It was mostly girls who went but some husbands tagged along, too!!

Friday, January 9, 2009

Friday was the worst day I've had at work in a LONG time! The rest of the week had seemed to drag on by but Friday was CRAZY!!! It was non-stop mad house from start to finish! I got off an hour late (we close at noon) and met up with Jason for lunch, then I had to go BACK to finish up some more work that I forgot to do!

It put me leaving a LOT later for New Orleans than I had wanted but it was ok!

All of my stuff ready to go!

Pixie was sad because she knew I was about to leave!

Jason helped me plug in Heather's parent's address into the GPS.

As I got in the car, Pixie ran out to meet me. She wanted to come along, too!

And my adventure begins. I've never driven past Lafayette (about an hour from where I live) so I was nervous for this trip. I did make a stop at Starbucks which set me back 20 minutes because the Starbucks in Lafayette isn't right off the interstate (I didn't know that) so I had to drive through 5 oclock traffic...crazy. I also HATE bridges and then bridge into Baton Rogue is MASSIVE. But I made it over and all was well!

I think I got to Heather's parent's house around 8 or so. We put all of our goodie bags together then went to sleep! We had a VERY early morning ahead of us!!!

Last edited by kmab00; 02-28-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Saturday morning, we woke up about 4:30 a.m. to get ready. We had to leave by 5:15 a.m. in order to be at the airport on time. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 7:00 a.m.

Heather and I at her parent's house getting ready to go!

We got to the airport in plenty of time and NO line to check in thank goodness!!

Checking into Southwest

Our flight was ON TIME! Yay!

Our plane (well, one like our plane at least!)

The flight there was great! We were given pretzels and peanuts as a snack!

Heather enjoying her pretzels! Haha!

CONT.........
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #3
kmab00
DIS Veteran

CONT...........

We had no turbulence or anything scary on the flight...I think Heather and I both would have freaked a lot if something crazy would have happened!

Our plane landed in Orlando with no problems! We got out and made our way to Magical Express. Or tried to at least. We ended up on the wrong side of the airport because we weren't paying attention to where we were going! lol! We finally found it...

AND we were greeted with a massive line!!

So while Heather checked us in, I waited around and took pictures!

Magical Express buses

In no time at all, we were ready to go!

Coronado, here we come!!

No line!

I love this!

On the bus, ready to go!

I was excited to be on a Disney bus because for our December trip, we ended up on a boring Mears bus and we missed the cute little video!!

We made it!!!! Yay!

Our first stop on Magical Express was POP Century. I've never been here before so this was neat to see!

I would like to stay here one day just to!

Next stop: Coronado Springs!!

After an entire year of planning, here we are! It all comes down to this weekend!

What will it have in store? We'll just have to find out!!
Old 01-18-2009, 09:04 AM   #4
PopArtGal
Mushu's Best Gal Pal

Yay!!

How long does it take to fly from New Orleans to Orlando?

I'll Have Coffee With A Side of Monorail - July PTR
My YouTube Channel
My art page
2013 (July) POR - 2012 (December) Contemporary -2012 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),, 2011 (July) Contemporary- Concierge (Bay Lake View),2010 (July) Contemporary (MK View), 2010- (March) All-Star Music, 2009- Contemporary (MK View),2008- Port Orleans Riverside (July),2007- Port Orleans Riverside (May & December),2006 - All-Star Music (July),2004 - All-Star Music (May),2000 - Travelodge Maingate (April),1991 - Rodeway (On intl' drive),1987- Quality Inn,1985 - Sheraton
Old 01-18-2009, 09:55 AM   #5
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Hurray for a mini tr!!! I need something to get me through the next four days of waiting to go to disney!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 01-18-2009, 10:48 AM   #6
Mommarella
Earning My Ears

Hi, I'm on board for the fun !!! My parents live on the lake at Toledo Bend, and I have traveled all over La. I know about all those scary bridges and will have to travel over them this summer for my trip. The one that you're talking about always gives me the heebeejeebees !!

I can't wait to hear more !!!
Old 01-18-2009, 11:11 AM   #7
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Hi Karen...Yay for a girls' trip!!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 12:02 PM   #8
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

Can't wait to hear more. I loved your other TR's.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:13 PM   #9
JJClemson
DIS Veteran

Yay! You can so tell how excited you and Heather were!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #10
julezdisney
Boo to the b!

Yay! Another Karen TR!!!! I'm soooo excited!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:18 AM   #11
KristinAnne
DIS Veteran

I've been following all of Heather's reports, and now I happened to find this one. Looking forward to hear how you all enjoyed it!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #12
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopArtGal View Post
Yay!!

How long does it take to fly from New Orleans to Orlando?
It takes about 1 and a half hours! Not bad at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
Hurray for a mini tr!!! I need something to get me through the next four days of waiting to go to disney!
Hi!!!!!! Long time no see! lol! Hooray for another Disney trip! Hope you guys have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommarella View Post
Hi, I'm on board for the fun !!! My parents live on the lake at Toledo Bend, and I have traveled all over La. I know about all those scary bridges and will have to travel over them this summer for my trip. The one that you're talking about always gives me the heebeejeebees !!

I can't wait to hear more !!!

Oh yes so you know all about good old LA!! These bridges...they're something else I tell you! lol! Thanks for reading along!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping*Beauty View Post
Can't wait to hear more. I loved your other TR's.
Why thank you...very much! I'm glad you found this one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
Hi Karen...Yay for a girls' trip!!! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!!!
Thank you! We had a lot of fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJClemson View Post
Yay! You can so tell how excited you and Heather were!
Hi Jen! Yes we were SO excited!!! Couldn't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julezdisney View Post
Yay! Another Karen TR!!!! I'm soooo excited!
Hey girl thank you!!!! It's nice to see familiar faces around!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinAnne View Post
I've been following all of Heather's reports, and now I happened to find this one. Looking forward to hear how you all enjoyed it!
I'm glad you stopped by over here!! You'll get to hear this trip from Heather's perspective too, I'm sure!! lol! Thank you!

More on the way!
Old 01-20-2009, 10:07 PM   #13
kmab00
DIS Veteran

Saturday, January 10, 2009 Continued

We pulled up at Coronado Springs and we got off the bus as quick as we could! It was time to meet up with our friends!

The front of Coronado

Looking up as you walk in. I thought the inside was gorgeous!!

Fountain inside

The lobby where you check in

So for lunch, we were undecided on what to do! We decided to go to our rooms and deposit our stuff and then figure out what to eat.

Well, as we were checking in, the lady told us that we had been "upgraded" to a Water View. The reason being that we were with a "Grand Gatherings" group and they had all booked waterview rooms and our rooms were all next to each other! Yay for a free upgrade (or so we thought)! She also told us that a "delivery" had been made to our room? We were very curious about that one!

Anyway, we got checked in ok and made the long trek to our room!

Across the lake

As we were taking these pictures, a girl that was walking towards us was waving. I thought at first, "Who is that?" and then when she got closer, she took off her sunglasses and I realized it was ALEXIS!!! She was going to meet Christina in the Peppermarket for Breakfast so we said we'd meet up later!

We ended up in Ranchos Building 5

Our "free" Waterview!!

We opened the door looking for a delivery....

We found nothing. So we weren't exactly sure what that lady was talking about! lol!

Our room....

CONT................
Old 01-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #14
kmab00
DIS Veteran

CONT...................

We deposited all of our junk off and then decided to go check out the Peppermarket and see what they had to offer!

With our decorated door!!

We got inside the Peppermarket and were really confused as to how it all worked! They seated us at a table which I thought was odd for "counter service" then a girl asked what we wanted to drink. We never did sit down but she brought us two waters. We looked over the menu and were very surprised by the prices!! Seriously for a counterservice!?!? We decided to leave...lol! So we left the waters there (which we both felt REALLY bad for) and went to the bus stop. We had a little time before our Castle meet at 1 p.m. so we figured we'd get something quick to eat in the Magic Kingdom. At the bus stop, we saw Alexis and Christina!!!

We even got to ride the bus to MK with them!

We did end up waiting a while for the MK bus but once it got there, we made it to MK in no time!

It felt like so long since I'd been to WDW! It had been since Christmas of 07!! I know this is stupid but I felt confused after figuring out the layout of DL, I was wondering where everything was in WDW! lol! It had me confused!

Look at all the people!

Obligational Castle Picture. The sun was bright, too!

The amazing castle...complete with Christmas lights! lol!

We had decided to eat lunch at Pinocchio's in Fantasyland

I had pepperoni pizza and a sprite. After having been sick for SO long, it really felt good to be able to taste food again!!!!

Our bags to give to all of the girls. Heather had the rest of the bags with her.

After we scarfed down our food, we hurried back over to the statue to meet up with everyone! It was almost 1 p.m.!!

Can you see them? lol!

Up next: Disney Brides meet for the first time as a group!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #15
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Hey the last time I was to disney was dec 07' too! Hehe. I'm soooo happy to be going back! Just two more days! I'm enjoying your mini tr. I feel like its been ages since we've talked! Can't wait to hear more!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: