Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #1
tiring_day
Founder member of the DJP
I will not be posting pictures of my freaky blue poncho

Day 2 of 6 : Oh there it is

Day 1 of 6 : I thought there would have been snow!
Day 2 of 6 : Oh there it is
Monday 5th January

We had arranged a wake up call for seven o’clock as today was a EMH, we were quite disappointed as it was made by a cast member and not by Goofy as we had had in May. We were pretty sure the phone system in the NPB was a bit mucked up as well as none of the functions seemed to work properly. We couldn’t believe it when we looked out of the window and saw it snowing – it was magical – never been so pleased that we were prepared for the cold weather – Josh’s ski suit was invaluable. Well it was magical when we first went out by lunch time we were praying for it to stop.

We had breakfast booked at Au Chalet de Marionnette so once again all bundled up we headed out of the NPB and straight into a snow storm.

This day we headed straight to Disneyland. As it was EMH we headed for Fantasyland and we rode The Carousel, Pinocchio and then the Spinning Tea Cups (another of Josh’s favourites). Josh's pushchair was invaluable for big walks but if we were just in one part of the park we just dumped it outisde a ride and left it there while we did multiple things.

Looking very cold on the Teacups

Looking a lot happier on the Teacups

We then headed to La Maisonette where we had booked our continental breakfast – it was quite chaotic but we all enjoyed it.
Josh as in May had to have a bit of every cereal in his bowl, we had a couple of spillage accidents and I apologise if we splashed anyone with milk or orange juice. I introduced Tracey to the wonder that is ham and cream cheese rolls for breakfast. For the rest of the report when you read Steve had breakfast read as follows.

2 Ham and cream cheese rolls
2 Pain de Chocolat with honey smeared inside
1 Croissant with Strawberry jam smothered within
1 Glass orange Juice
1 Cup coffee or more depending on the sleep I had the night before

It’s a small world had to be the next ride as Josh wanted to be riding it before it even opened. There was no queue and we were very quickly onto the boat. IASW has not been one of my favourite rides since my very early days of Disney park touring but we rode it so many times this trip I love it again.

We then headed for Mickey’s Winter Wonderland Show – very good – I like any show that showcases the skills of the multitalented and versatile genius that is Donald Duck. Not sure if they change this show from year to year as the photos I have seen in the past look just like mine this year. I am also not sure the artifical snow at the end of the show was necessary as the actual snow would have done on that day.

Tracey and Josh ready for the start

A very Spritely Mickey

Mickey and Minnie, aint they a cute couple

Donald some bears and a very camp cowboy

Goofy being the goof

All friends together, can you dig it

A farewell to Mickey and Minnie

Then at Josh’s request we had to go and see the Dragon under the castle, this for us is always a must do and each time we go in Josh gets closer and closer. It was sleeping when we went in but he was happy when it woke up and grumbled.

A very sleepy dragon

All right who woke me up?

We wanted to see the one o’clock Motor Stunt Show so with Josh seated again we hurried over to the Studios. This is one of the things I love about DLP minutes between parks not hours. We thought we had got there fairly early we were sat over quite a ways stage right. The seats were freezing and it was a limited show because of the weather but we all really enjoyed it.

Fly car fly

Run! It's coming straight for us

We then did Armageddon (as Tracey had not managed to do it in May) it was very good. Tracey thought it would be a bit intense for Josh but I thought he would be OK, so Daddy picked him up through the whole thing and he survived. He was however happy that it closed the next day and he wouldn’t be going back on it.

Next was Josh’s choice – Stitch Live at quarter past three – very good show, it amazes me how well Stitch hears the voices of those he speaks to and how easily he picks up there names. He spoke to a little girl from Spain and a Gent from one of the Eastern European countries (sorry I forget which one) and I struggled with the accents but he got every word, maybe my ears are just getting old (well they are getting old I keep finding hair in them).

The snow was just getting a bit beyond a joke and we headed for our hotel. We had booked to stay in the NPB so we would have the pool if we wanted a break from the parks. We got back to hotel and into the warmth where we had coffee and snacks in the room then went swimming.

Balooning in the snow anyone?

Poor duck just trying to find his way home

Wasn't there normally a lake here?

The pool was not very warm – it stated on the board it was about 23 degrees but this board was a lying board. Thankfully there was also a hot tub but this was only slightly warmer than the pool and not really like a hot tub.

We had a priority seating reservation for Cape Cod for six o’clock for dinner. We got there a few minutes to six and waited with a few other families while Josh and a boy of similar age ran around and hung onto the velvet ropes. This was a very good buffet loads of seafood and loads of lovely desserts. As always when I go to a buffet I don't feel like I get good value unless I try a bit of everything on offer, everything was hot and fresh or cold and fresh as it should be and very well presented. They had hot crepes which went beautifully with the chocolate mousse. They even have ice lollys for the kids or the young at heart. Josh ate very well this night, feeding himself with chicken nuggets and potato faces. We watched the snow coming down and saw some very cold people coming into the hotel.

The meal done we headed back to the room and we were all in bed for nine o’clock as it had been a very tiring day.

A shot from our bedroom window, doesn't it just look so cold

steve
tiring_day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #2
torsie24
Or I could call it the postalabration
Now I know to wear flip flops!
Got engaged on a trip to Disneyland Paris

Loving your TR!

Beautiful photos of Josh on the teacups!!

WDW: 1994-I Drive / 2009-AKL / 2011-Disney Wedding -AKL-GF RPC-BW-BLT
DLRP 1997-HNY / 2000-SL / 2008-SL / 2009-DLH / 2012-HNY
DLR: 2005-Day Trip
torsie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

great trip report. love your pics. the snow looks lovely but i dont know how i would have managed it lol

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiring_day View Post
We then headed for Mickey’s Winter Wonderland Show – very good – I like any show that showcases the skills of the multitalented and versatile genius that is Donald Duck.
Love it!

I agree about the Cape Cod - I thought this was the best meal I've had at DLRP, and my DD loved it too
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:43 AM   #5
Dianetigger
May have to give the corkboard one a try myself!
Well I took the plunge today

A great day, loving your pictures and the smiley one of Josh on the tea cups is wonderful.
All that snow!!! Fabulous!
Dianetigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:12 AM   #6
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

The lake looks beautiful frozen over.

Great report so far Steve, the photos are fab.
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:42 AM   #7
joolz1910
I would have gone down to reception in my robe and slippers
I can't decide if it's sweet or sinister

Great trip report. Your little boy is a sweetheart. I especially love the captions you've put with your photos.
2009 DLRP (DLH)
'Just Like we Dreamed it...at the DLH'
2011 DLP (Cheyenne)
2012 OKW at WDW 'A Whole New World'

joolz1910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:58 AM   #8
tinks_1989
need a like button

i love your pics esp of the duck on the lake
tinks_1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 12:19 PM   #9
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Love the photos, epecially the frozen/snowy lake

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:32 AM   #10
poppyolivia
I'm the ski suit queen.......and don't forget the geeky earflap hat

ohhhhhhhhh I'm cold looking at those pics!!!

Santa Fe Mar 2006 5 days
Santa Fe Jan 2007 6 days
Santa Fe Jan 2008 6 days
Cheyenne Jan 2009 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2009 5 days
Cheyenne Jan 2010 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2010 7 days
Cheyenne Feb 2011 6 days
Santa Fe Oct 2011 6 days BOOKED
Santa Fe Jan 2012 6 days BOOKED

poppyolivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:34 AM   #11
scampbunny
The most fab of surprises!
doesnt take much to set me off when its about dlrp
It's emma's fault

oooooooooooooooo i think it looks magical with the snow!!!! so wintery!!!! (we live in derbyshire and very rarely get any snow - it always misses us!!!)

loving ur report!!

June 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Dec 2008 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights April 2009 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights
Oct 2010 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights June 2012 - Hotel Cheyenne 3 nights Sept 2012 - Day trip!!
Feb 2014 - Hotel Cheyenne 4 nights
scampbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:38 PM   #12
J Marley
DIS Veteran

Great TR Steve off to catch up on the rest.

Josh looks like he had a ball
Old 01-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #13
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

Wonderful trip report, and I LOVE that last photo...amazing!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:07 PM   #14
karenmoloney
DIS Veteran

Great photos - they really show the cold atmosphere!

Day trip Sept 1999 / 4 nights Disneyland Hotel Sept 2004 / 2 nights Holiday Inn March 2005 / 5 nights Holiday Inn Nov 2005 / 3 nights Holiday Inn March 2006 / 7 nights Pierre & Vacances July 2006 / 3 nights Sequoia Lodge Nov 2006 / 6 nights Newport Bay Resort Suite Jun 2007 / 3 nights Kyriad Nov 2007 / 1 night Sequoia Lodge Dec 2007 (no kids) / 6 nights Marriott May 2008 / 2 nights Santa Fe Aug 2008 / 6 nights Marriott Oct 2008 / 3 nights Disneyland Hotel Jan 2009 (my 40th) / 7 nights May 2009 Marriott / 2 nights August 2009 Hotel L'Elysee Val D'Europe / 5 nights Nov 2009 Marriott / 6 nights Marriott May 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Feb 2011 / 4 nights Adagio May 2011 / 9 nights Marriott Aug 2011 / 5 nights Marriott Nov 2011 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2012 / 3 nights Adajio Oct 2012 / 5 nights Marriott Dec 2012

karenmoloney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: