Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #886
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I was so thrilled when my girls said they were excited to meet the fairies!! I didn't know if they would care or not this year, so we'll be stalking them too!! I hadn't thought about an actual stroller fan but we hooked a misting fan to the front bar of Ian's stroller and it worked well without the misting, of course. Hope your fan works out! We're hoping to see Crush also. Sounds really funny.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #887
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Today we are 42 days from WDW, so six weeks! Today is one of our favorite things we are looking forward to:

Meeting Tinkerbell and the other Fairies

We have watched Tinkerbelle many times, had a Pirate and Fairy birthday party and well we just love Tink! Hopefully we can avoid waiting tooooo long by visiting first thing, and we will try to do this MK Day #1!
i think first thing is the way to go! my suggestion is to do MK rope drop, head straight for toon town, get a spot in line and have your DH go ride pooh or peter pan or something with the girls while you stand there with luke (or vice versa). they usually open toon town at 9:45 if MK opens at 9:00. be sure he's back by the time toon town opens though because one of you will need to get in the actual line in the judge's tent while the other one puts up the stroller. the people with no stroller have a huge advantage over those that have to stop to deal with it and no one minds if you go on ahead and he catches up with you like a minute later (and if they do mind they'll get over it - it's only when like 10 people cut line that i get peeved!). i'm telling you - you get in there pretty quickly and you'll be done by 10:30.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-06-2009, 11:30 PM   #888
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Oh yes, by all means go see Crush!! I think your parents will love seeing the kids' reactions!!

*Try to line up as early as possible and don't listen to the CMs who will tell you that you don't need to! You want to get seats up front near the kids so you can be near them!! (Dude!)

Kathy
Old 05-07-2009, 10:44 AM   #889
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I have missed you so much as well! I am back----still crazy busy, but here!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 05-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #890
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Okay... I am losing my mind, or at least my planning mind:

1- one of the shirts I ordered through Disney was a child large- no wonder it did not fit me. (I guess I will keep it for the girls) However I love the other ones and even got a surprise one for DH.

2- I forgot that on the Monday June 22nd we have our breakfast ADR at Crystal Palace. So that means MK before it opens! (when I say forgot I did not really remember what day until I thought about it today)

Other news....
I called Disney to see if I can get a room discount that just came out for our first two nights. Of course... the reservation system is down---- boo! I will try later to see what cash I can save or if I can save or do I switch hotels for those two nights (DH would kill me if we switched resorts....)

And for what we are looking forward to today: TriceraTop Spin

This was Emily's first ride at WDW, and will be Luke's too. We will head there first I bet!

Old 05-07-2009, 02:25 PM   #891
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh my gosh, I love the expression on their faces! Priceless!!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #892
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I was so thrilled when my girls said they were excited to meet the fairies!! I didn't know if they would care or not this year, so we'll be stalking them too!! I hadn't thought about an actual stroller fan but we hooked a misting fan to the front bar of Ian's stroller and it worked well without the misting, of course. Hope your fan works out! We're hoping to see Crush also. Sounds really funny.
I think the first trip Hannah is not into princesses I will cry, partially because she is the one who loves them and Em goes along with it, so she probably will dump them too! Glad you get to see Tink... hope it is is a success for us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
i think first thing is the way to go! my suggestion is to do MK rope drop, head straight for toon town, get a spot in line and have your DH go ride pooh or peter pan or something with the girls while you stand there with luke (or vice versa). they usually open toon town at 9:45 if MK opens at 9:00. be sure he's back by the time toon town opens though because one of you will need to get in the actual line in the judge's tent while the other one puts up the stroller. the people with no stroller have a huge advantage over those that have to stop to deal with it and no one minds if you go on ahead and he catches up with you like a minute later (and if they do mind they'll get over it - it's only when like 10 people cut line that i get peeved!). i'm telling you - you get in there pretty quickly and you'll be done by 10:30.

That is pretty much the plan... thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Oh yes, by all means go see Crush!! I think your parents will love seeing the kids' reactions!!

*Try to line up as early as possible and don't listen to the CMs who will tell you that you don't need to! You want to get seats up front near the kids so you can be near them!! (Dude!)

Kathy

I think the best thing will be watching my parents enjoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I have missed you so much as well! I am back----still crazy busy, but here!!!
May is a crazy month!
Old 05-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #893
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
Listen to the girl.
She knows her stuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

Other news....
I called Disney to see if I can get a room discount that just came out for our first two nights. Of course... the reservation system is down---- boo! I will try later to see what cash I can save or if I can save or do I switch hotels for those two nights (DH would kill me if we switched resorts....)

This was Emily's first ride at WDW, and will be Luke's too. We will head there first I bet!

We got the discount for Pop. It saved us quite a few pennies. Dollars, even.
We're pretty happy!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:58 PM   #894
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Such sweet pictures of your girls. Good luck with the room discount.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #895
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

You guys have a lot to look forward too!!! A LOT of fun is coming in less than 40 days.

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 05-07-2009, 06:54 PM   #896
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I feel like I am losing my planning mind as well -- I really need school to end so I can focus on the vacation.

I told you I would let you know as soon as our travel documents arrived, so you are the first to know that they arrived today. We are at 30 days!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #898
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Oh my gosh, I love the expression on their faces! Priceless!!
Thanks... they were not quite sure what to expect I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Listen to the girl.
She knows her stuff!

We got the discount for Pop. It saved us quite a few pennies. Dollars, even.
We're pretty happy!

I totally agree ... I was excited Dawn had her play by play for the Fairies to share. My sister in law concurred too!

Yea on your discount!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Such sweet pictures of your girls. Good luck with the room discount.
Thanks we think they can be sweet... Em is giving me a run for my money currently!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
You guys have a lot to look forward too!!! A LOT of fun is coming in less than 40 days.
It is getting her quick. I have a crazy amount of things to do between now and then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I feel like I am losing my planning mind as well -- I really need school to end so I can focus on the vacation.

I told you I would let you know as soon as our travel documents arrived, so you are the first to know that they arrived today. We are at 30 days!

30 days.. it won't be long till single digits!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I hope you are able to get a discount!
Well.....

I called reservations again, got through, no rooms at CSR. Darn it, and to be honest it is not worth it for us to change after two nights.... to hard with the kids. So no savings for us. We could have saved about 50 dollars a night, so about 100 total. I wish we could have moved our package and then we probably would have gone back to POFQ... I am having doubts about CSR, but mind you last year I had doubts about POFQ and we loved it!
Old 05-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #899
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So below is my top ten favorite moments from last summer... just a read down memory lane!

10 Favorite Moments- (in no special order)

1. Arriving at WDW via Magical Express. There is nothing better than starting a WDW vacation!

2. Dole Whip- I was not sure what I would think.... but that was sure yummy. I also loved my frozen lemonade slush at EPCOT and my two ice cream chocolate chip sandwiches! It was fun eating for two at WDW!

3. Magic Kingdom Dream Fast Passes- what a great treat these passes were, I just wish I could have used some of them!

4. Emily's kiss from Snow White and her princess moments. She at two had a lot to say to the princesses. It was so fun hearing her ask them questions. I don't think they were expecting it from that little baby face!

5. The fountains- I cannot wait until Luke can get in on the action. It is those small moments of fun that make WDW so great. I am glad my girls appreciate the little fun moments just as much as the big rides and things!

6. Soarin' so glad they let pregnant women on! I love that ride!

7. Emily going down the slide at POFQ! It was so fun to watch!

8. Hannah realizing that we were indeed going to WDW... while her intial reaction stunk... she was so happy to get a trip in that she did not think would happen.

9. Character Connection picture of the gang at EPCOT- I am sure we will never get such an awesome picture again with that many characters. What a special treat!

10. Getting to go two times in less than 12 months. That was a real treat... I won't ever forget our last trip as a family of 4, a special princess trip!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #900
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Your memories brought your TR from last year all rushing back.....what a good trip!!! BUT HEY, aren't they all!

Sorry about the discount, but I agree about the switching....such a pain in the neck!

I hope I am not wrong, but I do think you will like CSR overall---especially the buses!!! But each resort is different, so who knows!!! I just hope you get your requests!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: