Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2009, 03:06 PM   #841
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

The picture of your family with Donald and Daisy is great! You have some of the same to dos at DHS as we do. Can't wait to try TSM.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #842
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Today we are looking forward to ....

getting autographs with friends, both old and new

We once again will be getting a new book for our autographs and pictures. WE will have to see who makes the "cut" for the book this year. Just because it is signed doesn't mean it gets a slot for a picture in my girls world. Also I have a feeling one book might be interesting....

Some of the people we have not gotten before that we are looking forward to are: (from Hannah's quick thoughts today)

Tinkerbell
The Incredibles
Mulan
Aladdin
Captain Hook
Pinnochio
Lilio and Stitch

and just maybe we will meet some of the "boy" characters- Cars, Buzz and Woody....

Last edited by IluvXU; 05-02-2009 at 07:46 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2009, 07:59 PM   #843
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

what fun--and this year you'll have 3 cute faces with the characters
Old 05-02-2009, 08:10 PM   #844
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Are the girls going to help choose the photos for Luke's book, or is that going to be Mommy's project?
Old 05-02-2009, 08:12 PM   #845
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I remember that pic from last year. Such a great one!!

I have to get to Michaels! Good stuff!
I was looking at my goodies today... too bad I am way way behind again, I think I will just pull it all out again come summer and play catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
What sweet pictures!! Where is that Character Spot in Epcot?!
Glad the PM helped! Can't wait to see all your pics, you are headed to WDW sooooo soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Great idea!

Kathy
I forgot last trip, so I better not this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Oh my gosh, that picture of Em does look just like Luke!
Your DHS day looks fun filled. I hope you get to do it all!
If we can't we can go back on our "open" day --- keep in mind I have it planned already in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Just popping on to say "hi!" Trying to catch up, but I am so behind on everyone's threads!!! Enjoy your weekend!
We went to Kings this morning... another fantastic weather weekend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Thanks for the Hollywood Studios pictures and thoughts this morning.
I'm Dising as it is storming, so I'm feeling very Tower of Terrorish right now anyway!

Sounds like a great day! I can smell the turkey legs now!

We love it when we are able to add a little Disney shopping into our errands. It makes the trip feel closer, closer, closer!
I need to get one Walmart trip soon, with packing list in hand and knock some purchases off.... I wish I could have sent our weather your way, the forecasters were wrong again, we were supposed to have terrible weather, but had another beautiful day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I just love last year's picture with all of the characters.

Your plans for DHS look great -- I think you will find that Luke can just sit in someone's lap during the ride.

Have fun at your Derby party today -- that sounds like fun!
The Derby Party was fun... we all had our horses, and Luke was the winner (although he did not get a prize, but the rest of the kids did.... I guess he has bragging rights)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
If your kiddos like The Incredibles or Toy Story, DHS has some cool Meet n Greets for those characters. I bet Up crew will be in the Animation building this year too!

Muppets 3D has always been a favorite of mine, so we've taken the kids to see it. They've really enjoyed it! They also really liked Toy Story Mania!
I want to see Up, I hope we can fit it in before WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Love the Character Spot, GREAT picture! As for DHS, that is the day we will be there together! I sure hope we run into one another! As for TSM, I though I read somewhere that you couldn't bring a lap sitting child on the ride because of the way the safety bar rests? I am not 100%on this though. I think I read it on a TGM forum!! Your DHS plans look very similar to ours!
I read that too Diane, I need to do some more research. He can sit up, and could sit beside me perhaps? Or I can keep him off, but I think he can ride. I hope we see you all too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
That is the best picture from Character Connection!

I think your plans for DHS are really good, I bet Hannah will like DHS a little bit better too.
I hope DHS moves to at least a park they will go to, and enjoy! I doubt it will be the #1 park, and that is okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
What cute pics. Your trip will be coming around the corner before you know it. We are going up today for the FLOWER AND GARDEN FESTIVAL It's just a quick trip we will be back on Monday. It's one of our quick fixes. Even though we just had one for the day during spring break. Thank God it's Almost Summer
Flower and Garden... sounds so fun! Hope it was a great day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
The picture of your family with Donald and Daisy is great! You have some of the same to dos at DHS as we do. Can't wait to try TSM.
I cannot wait for TSM too!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:06 PM   #846
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
what fun--and this year you'll have 3 cute faces with the characters

I sure hope Luke tolerates the characters, perhaps a smile or two???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Are the girls going to help choose the photos for Luke's book, or is that going to be Mommy's project?
I would like to get some new friends in the book. I might actually make a special boy book for Luke's character pics....who knows!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 PM   #847
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

How sweet that Hanna is thinking of "boy characters" I love it!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:10 PM   #848
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Today we are looking forward to Kali River Rapids. Emily should measure 38 easily, so she can ride with us. Someone will have to stay with Luke, but it will be fun to have Emily with us on a big ride!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #849
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I have never been to the Character spot -- it seems like a good place for photos?!! Very cute family picture! I just realized that we are at DHS on the same Sunday as you! We chose that day, b/c there isn't anything special happening on that day -- hoping for a less crowded crowd I am thinking along the same lines .. not rushing. Your plans seem great. You were lucky to have the weather work out this weekend! We still have time to get our shopping done!!! Don't ya love Michael's ?!?

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #850
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Today we are looking forward to Kali River Rapids. Emily should measure 38 easily, so she can ride with us. Someone will have to stay with Luke, but it will be fun to have Emily with us on a big ride!
Oh yes! She will certainly like this one! We had a great time this past Nov with DS6 and 3.. DS3 was just 40, so he made this no problem. He really enjoyed it!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 05-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #851
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
How sweet that Hanna is thinking of "boy characters" I love it!
but will she spend time meeting them? who knows, but I will say Hannah is Luke's #1 fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I have never been to the Character spot -- it seems like a good place for photos?!! Very cute family picture! I just realized that we are at DHS on the same Sunday as you! We chose that day, b/c there isn't anything special happening on that day -- hoping for a less crowded crowd I am thinking along the same lines .. not rushing. Your plans seem great. You were lucky to have the weather work out this weekend! We still have time to get our shopping done!!! Don't ya love Michael's ?!?
I love the character spot at Epcot, and hope that HS is not too crazy that day since there is no Fantasmic, or Extra hours....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Oh yes! She will certainly like this one! We had a great time this past Nov with DS6 and 3.. DS3 was just 40, so he made this no problem. He really enjoyed it!
Glad to hear it was a hit, I think she will love it!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:53 PM   #852
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

I can tell you that my little guy rode on my lap pn TSM back in Sept. when he was almost five months old, and it was fine. I did have to stop shooting when I thought we might be moving soon, though, to brace him on either side with my arms. By the second time through (we went first thing, then went back to get fast passes), he was over it. I'm thinking that next year, though, when he's two ( seriously????) he'll be fighting me for a seat so that he can shoot!

Oh, I think you'll be fine at DHS. I take it your girls aren't into Playhouse Disney if Hannah isn't all that excited? Even my DD (7 on our last trip) still enjoyed the Playhouse Disney show. TSM might change her mind on the park. DHS is a must-do for us due to the Cars/Toy Story characters. Eventually, though, I'm actually going to get to ride the Rock N' Rollercoaster (the kids will be WAAAAYYY outnumbered by adults next trip, so I don't think it'll be an issue).

October 2012 Trip report

Last edited by FairyGodmotherJen; 05-03-2009 at 08:54 PM. Reason: forgot something...
Old 05-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #853
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

We love Kali River Rapids! If only it were a little bit longer...
Old 05-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #854
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Monday, June 22nd

At this point we will have visited all four parks, so now we will start returning to catch what we want to see again. Monday and Tuesday I feel that I can be flexible and change as we need to, based on crowds, kids, parents and grandparents.....

Our only must do is dinner- LeCellier! I cannot wait for this meal again. DH really loved it and wanted to get there again. On the Dining Plan it is a good meal to have, plus I know that my parents will enjoy it! Hope the kids have fun too, most of the meals we have ADRs for are ones for them... this is for the adults!

Making rope drop will probably happen, as it will most days because to be honest we are up. My parents will be up and even when we try to sleep in we are up, even after busy WDW days. So for the morning, I think we will go to MK. We will try to plug in some of the favorites this morning, and things we missed on Saturday. No big lunch plans, probably have it at MK and then head back for some rest/naps/swim.

Since we are headed to EPCOT that night, we might try to hit some favorites again before/after dinner. Our dinner is early that night, so we will see.

Another possible thing is we could go to MK after dinner if we want, it is open late so we could enjoy the night there. If we end up having a late night, Tuesday is open until our ADR for Fantasmic Dinner package that night, so we could rest up that morning.

CRAZY BUSY ME... We have ADRs for Crystal Palace for breakfast!

Have a great week everyone! We had another nice weekend weather wise, which the forecasters did not predict, so no complaints here. I hope we have time to get our flowers planted and that spring temps are here to stay!

Last edited by IluvXU; 05-07-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #855
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

You are a night owl! Your plans and logic are great, you all are going to have a wonderful time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: