Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 AM   #796
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Emily's Top Five

Let me say that this is probably the most interesting to me. I realize that she doesn't really remember any park but probably Magic Kingdom and most of her memories are from stories. I have a feeling that her top five is the most likely to change... but boy is it sweet to hear her share (from the mouth of babes):

1. Dumbo
2. It's a Small World After All
3. See Minnie and Ariel
This time I am picking food
4. Castle
5. Goofy's Barnstormer, but I don't want to ride by myself!
I'm with Emily!!! I love picking out my own food!!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 04-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #797
White as Snow
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
(I just wish it was not sponsored by Sharpie- who would give little kids permanent markers--- that makes me crazy)
I hope this changes before we take little ones to Disney. I can see the scene now, DH will say, "It's fine!" and I'll be freaking out that clothes will be destroyed!

Emily's top five are adorable! Are Minnie and Ariel the only characters she deems worthy of her attention? Or is she just apprehensive about the rest? Her "snubbing" of the characters in your previous TR was hilarious!
Register to remove

Old 04-28-2009, 08:42 AM   #799
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

We haven't done any of the Kidcot stations because I'm afraid of the Sharpie markers. I guess we'll probably have to stop this year, but B. will stay far away.

Em's list is so cute! I agree, I love picking my own food.

Can't believe how grown up the kids look on that ride!!!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 04-28-2009, 01:51 PM   #800
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I was sure I had already posted about the other picture. Hmm..anyway, I can't believe how much Luke looks like Emily.

My girls really liked the Kidcot stops last trip. They seemed to appreciate sitting down, out of the heat and excitement and just coloring. We stopped at all of the countries and ended up with a nice keepsake.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #801
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

My kids loved Kidcot last year, too (DD still has the mask hanging from her bulletin board) but I TOTALLY agree - WHY SHARPIE????? I kept telling DH last fall that Disney had to be losing it! To their credi, the only messes we really had were on their figers (at least that washes off in time....).

Cute top 5s! If I ever get aroind to scrapbooking last fall's trip, I want to include these for my kiddos.

October 2012 Trip report

Old 04-28-2009, 11:09 PM   #802
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Well... with one hour left here is what we are looking forward to today (we will be there in 49 days- seven weeks, but hey who is counting)

Living with the Land. Personally once a trip is enough, but seemingly my children ride it multiple times while I get my Soarin' fix!
Old 04-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #803
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
We use a Sharpie Click for autographs as well, and Connor has managed to get it on at least one shirt every trip -- I think he must wave them around while waiting for the characters, and he always seems to be seated next to his father who isn't paying attention.
I have a dad like that too, perhaps because he does not do laundry he does not worry about stains and stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
A VERY cute list! And she seems right on target! She has her priorities

Go Barnstormer!
She does like Dumbo... and wants to ride it as much as possible.... luckily we hit it early and she remains happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I love that Em is looking forward to picking her own food this year!
I thought she was going to name some yummo snack... as her favorite, but like her sister she thinks the castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
A girl after my own heart! I have to admit... I look forward to Dumbo and Small World on every trip.

Those are awesome pics from the World Showcase! Great angles amd colors!

Small World was my big ride my first trip... my mom says my aunt took me on it a zillion times... so I have always loved it. I know my multiple rides per trip will come to an end as the girls grow out of it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
That is so adorable!!

And I hear ya on the Sharpie situation... Danger Ahead!!

Kathy

Sharpies are not kid friendly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Do they ever pay attention!?!

No they have their own agendas.... and accuse us of having them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I'm with Emily!!! I love picking out my own food!!
I think she maybe meant her next thing on the list was a food place, but who knows....

Quote:
Originally Posted by White as Snow View Post
I hope this changes before we take little ones to Disney. I can see the scene now, DH will say, "It's fine!" and I'll be freaking out that clothes will be destroyed!

Emily's top five are adorable! Are Minnie and Ariel the only characters she deems worthy of her attention? Or is she just apprehensive about the rest? Her "snubbing" of the characters in your previous TR was hilarious!
She mentioned Minnie first.... I think that the 'stuffed" characters are still a thing she is not sure of, but Minnie is okay since she is a girl (that matters to her at the moment). But she always loves Ariel.... really all the Princesses, again this could be interesting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
How cute that she wants to pick her own food!
Right now her favorite snack is carrots and ranch dip..... I forsee this side a lot in WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
We haven't done any of the Kidcot stations because I'm afraid of the Sharpie markers. I guess we'll probably have to stop this year, but B. will stay far away.

Em's list is so cute! I agree, I love picking my own food.

Can't believe how grown up the kids look on that ride!!!
I am so tempted to supply my own markers... and there will be no markers for Luke (probably ever--- he is a messy boy!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I was sure I had already posted about the other picture. Hmm..anyway, I can't believe how much Luke looks like Emily.

My girls really liked the Kidcot stops last trip. They seemed to appreciate sitting down, out of the heat and excitement and just coloring. We stopped at all of the countries and ended up with a nice keepsake.
He is a little Emily but has a different smile!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
My kids loved Kidcot last year, too (DD still has the mask hanging from her bulletin board) but I TOTALLY agree - WHY SHARPIE????? I kept telling DH last fall that Disney had to be losing it! To their credi, the only messes we really had were on their figers (at least that washes off in time....).

Cute top 5s! If I ever get aroind to scrapbooking last fall's trip, I want to include these for my kiddos.
I think I will try to get an idea of their new trip top five and scrapbook that... probably in ten years because I am behind again ...... way behind...
Old 04-29-2009, 05:50 AM   #804
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Hurray for seven weeks!!! You really are right behind us as far as days!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:31 AM   #805
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

7 Weeks!!!

I like Living with Land, once a trip is fine with me too. I am determined to ride Soarin' this year so DH better get ready for multiple rides with the kids.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #806
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Yay for seven weeks! That's not very many.

Yay for Living with the Land, too. Where else can your kids see a nine pound lemon?

And of course I have to throw in a YAY for Soarin', since you mentioned my ride.
You did know I am personally responsible for that ride, right, and that I am just gracious enough to loan it to people when I'm not down there???

I love the list. It's nice to see someone put Small World on the Top Five! Most grown-ups put it on their Top Five hate list, but I love it!

Good job, Em! Enjoy picking out your own food, too. I know you and Hannah and Luke are getting so excited. Some friends of mine were down there last week, and they said they heard Mickey and Minnie say they are very excited about seeing you guys again, too!!!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #807
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hey... seven weeks is a whole lot better than seven months!!

Kathy
Old 04-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #808
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Yayayaya for 7 Weeks!!

I adore Living with the Land, it reminds me of riding it with parents when I was younger.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:12 AM   #809
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Seven weeks is right around the corner!!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 04-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #810
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Today we are looking forward to SPLASH MOUNTAIN! It is my #1 as well as Hannah! Have a zippity do dah day everyone!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: