Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 08:44 PM   #781
moparop
DIS Veteran

I can't believe how big Luke looks riding on the car with his sisters -- totally like he is supposed to be there!

We had the same problem with Doug on Test Track last summer. He talked about riding all day, was 4 cars from the gate and decided to pass.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 AM   #782
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Cute pic ... I like how the girls are both keeping an eye on Luke.

TT does have a loud waitng so no wonder Hannah doesn't like it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #783
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Today we are looking forward to World Showcase

-making our masks! (I just wish it was not sponsored by Sharpie- who would give little kids permanent markers--- that makes me crazy)
Old 04-27-2009, 02:55 PM   #784
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Cute pic ... I like how the girls are both keeping an eye on Luke.

TT does have a loud waitng so no wonder Hannah doesn't like it.
That is it exactly... she is not a fan of loud things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I can't believe how big Luke looks riding on the car with his sisters -- totally like he is supposed to be there!

We had the same problem with Doug on Test Track last summer. He talked about riding all day, was 4 cars from the gate and decided to pass.
He loved it... and he clings to me a lot, so that was so funny that he was fine being on the ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Cute picture. I'm sure that was a fun evening!
It is good practice for Disney World.

The first thing I noticed was the girls focused in on Luke.
I know you have plenty of help taking care of him.

I hope Hannah ends up sticking it out with Test Track. That's a fun ride, and she'll feel like such a big girl getting to share it with you.

Have fun with those closets. I did a whole room this weekend that was being used as a gigantic catch-all area. It took a while, but it looks like a real room now - so much better than it did!

They both loved sitting there with him! The closets are done, Disney shirts got counted and shorts were checked. Now I know who needs what for summer/Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I LOVE that pictures of the kids! Soooo cute! That Luke is a serious driver!
He wanted the wheel soooooo bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
just catching up!!!! i'm loving your "we're looking forward to" updates. so cool!
Glad you are enjoying!
Old 04-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #785
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Sharpie?!?!?! ACK! No kidding??? HEY! Which kidcot stop is this one? We definitely need to spend more time at these this trip!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 04-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #786
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

World Showcase!!! So wonderful!!!

Apparently someone who is not a parent thought the sharpies were a good idea!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:02 PM   #787
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Hahaha! It's funny you should mention sharpies and what they can do when put in the hands of children. My youngest DD took a black sharpie to her legs several years ago, when she was supposed to be napping! And, she found a green marker too. She was wearing camo!!!!

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 04-27-2009, 08:25 PM   #788
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Sharpie?!?!?! ACK! No kidding??? HEY! Which kidcot stop is this one? We definitely need to spend more time at these this trip!
The first year we skipped some countries KIDCOT stops. Last year Hannah had us stop at each country. At one point she made me stop and count how many we had left...

This year she wants to go around twice. I say I am only bringing home two masks total- so she can't do more than one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
World Showcase!!! So wonderful!!!

Apparently someone who is not a parent thought the sharpies were a good idea!
I think a sponsor is great, but why not Crayola--- washable markers at the very least. We have Sharpie on a Minnie shirt that Emily will probably wear that was a Hannah shirt.

I must admit though their autograph book is alway signed with a Sharpie Click marker, but I manage those. (need to get more- mental note to self)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Hahaha! It's funny you should mention sharpies and what they can do when put in the hands of children. My youngest DD took a black sharpie to her legs several years ago, when she was supposed to be napping! And, she found a green marker too. She was wearing camo!!!!

And I love sharpies for labeling stuff at school. But even I hide them from Third Graders--- they are dangerous!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #789
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I think a sponsor is great, but why not Crayola--- washable markers at the very least. We have Sharpie on a Minnie shirt that Emily will probably wear that was a Hannah shirt.

I must admit though their autograph book is alway signed with a Sharpie Click marker, but I manage those. (need to get more- mental note to self)
We use a Sharpie Click for autographs as well, and Connor has managed to get it on at least one shirt every trip -- I think he must wave them around while waiting for the characters, and he always seems to be seated next to his father who isn't paying attention.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:30 PM   #790
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Emily's Top Five

Let me say that this is probably the most interesting to me. I realize that she doesn't really remember any park but probably Magic Kingdom and most of her memories are from stories. I have a feeling that her top five is the most likely to change... but boy is it sweet to hear her share (from the mouth of babes):

1. Dumbo
2. It's a Small World After All
3. See Minnie and Ariel
This time I am picking food
4. Castle
5. Goofy's Barnstormer, but I don't want to ride by myself!
Old 04-27-2009, 08:34 PM   #791
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Emily's Top Five

Let me say that this is probably the most interesting to me. I realize that she doesn't really remember any park but probably Magic Kingdom and most of her memories are from stories. I have a feeling that her top five is the most likely to change... but boy is it sweet to hear her share (from the mouth of babes):

1. Dumbo
2. It's a Small World After All
3. See Minnie and Ariel
4. Castle
5. Goofy's Barnstormer, but I don't want to ride by myself!
A VERY cute list! And she seems right on target! She has her priorities

Go Barnstormer!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 04-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #792
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I love that Em is looking forward to picking her own food this year!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:04 PM   #793
moparop
DIS Veteran

A girl after my own heart! I have to admit... I look forward to Dumbo and Small World on every trip.

Those are awesome pics from the World Showcase! Great angles amd colors!
Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #794
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Emily's Top Five

That is so adorable!!

And I hear ya on the Sharpie situation... Danger Ahead!!

Kathy
Old 04-27-2009, 10:22 PM   #795
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
We use a Sharpie Click for autographs as well, and Connor has managed to get it on at least one shirt every trip -- I think he must wave them around while waiting for the characters, and he always seems to be seated next to his father who isn't paying attention.
Do they ever pay attention!?!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: