Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2009, 03:55 PM   #766
moparop
DIS Veteran

Hope you are out enjoying this wonderful weather! That looks like a great top 5 list to me!!
Old 04-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #767
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So today was beautiful... and we work outside all day- mulch, weeds, trimming bushes oh my! Glad it is done, wish my plants were planted, and even more I wish my task for tomorrow is done: switching out clothes in the kids closets!

But back to Disney...
today we are looking forward to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (again no pics sorry)

Tonight when I was in the basement, I must admit I have started a Disney laundry basket of goodies! That is not mentioning my box with Disney trip stuff (ponchos, fans, and who knows what else).....

I hope to post plans for HS soon.... and Emily's top five (which I got today)but I am exhausted....
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2009, 09:26 PM   #768
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Hannah and I have so much in common!
I think it is so fun that she and I have the same favorite ride. Emily is 39 inches in her new shoes, boy I would love for her to be 40 in seven weeks... which isn't likely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Love Hannah's list -- Splash Mountain and Haunted Mansion are in my top 5, too!
I wonder what will happen having all the parks this trip, if she will change her top five?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventer98 View Post
Just found your new TR!! i took my son at 5 months last Aug (during Hurricane Faye!) and then again in Dec at 9 months. Let me know if you want any tips!!

I'll also be about 33 weeks along, like you were last year, so I may go back and read last year's TR for some hints. We'll miss you by a few days..we check in on the 28th.

I didn't have any probs with getting ADRs but also didn't have tough places like the Fan. Package or CRT. Glad it worked out for you!!

Can't wait for more
I am very interested in tips for 9 month olds. I keep thinking in the next two months he probably will be crawling, eating some table foods, and probably done nursing (although this does not matter to me). Congrats on the new baby--- is it a girl or boy?

As for going that pregnant---- overdrink the water is my biggest advice. I always was drinking, and surely saw every bathroom. Luckily most were clean (sans the Poly and Chef Mickey incident)! Plus a dip in the pool everyday at least once was heavenly! I don't regret going and loved the family of four trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
You'll love CP for breakfast - the food is wonderful, and we loved the characters. Plus, as you said, there's nothing like walking down a virtually empty Main Street!!

I can't wait to see the girls' dresses! Unfortuately, my girlie girl is (gasp) showing signs of growing out of the princesses. No sign of Hannah Montana or High School Musical, though, so I think we're safe. She says (right now) that she wants to do BBB when we go next summer, so that's on our list right now. I hope nothing changes, since we've never been there before and she's my only girl.

If Marry Poppins is coming to Cincinatti, we might have to head over. When will it be there??? Mom and I have taken DD (she'll be 8 in July) to see a couple of shows - most notably the Lion King last fall right before Thanksgiving. It was worth going to just to watch her face, especially when the animals paraded past her (we managed to snag isle seats). I was glad I'd seen the show before, because I just kept wanting to watch her. You guys will love going to a show together!

I'm also enjoying the picture countdown. A great way to get a Disney fix!
Glad you enjoy the countdown. I know someday Hannah will not love the princesses, and it will be a big change. I guess that is why we eat at the castle and see characters now... someday they won't want to. Mary Poppins is coming in the spring... April perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Hope you are out enjoying this wonderful weather! That looks like a great top 5 list to me!!
We worked hard, I and were filthy! It was rewarding to have it done though.
Old 04-25-2009, 10:07 PM   #769
Happydog
DIS Veteran

We saw Mary Poppins in London a few years ago, the show is amazing. The set, the effects, etc. Very cool!
Glad you got your yard in shape, and are tackling those other necessary evils! The annual spring cleaning!

Your DD has a great top 5!

Can't wait to hear about your basket of goodies!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 04-26-2009, 08:43 AM   #770
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Big Thunder Mountain -- have you ridden it at night before? I hear that is supposed to be really fun! (I always close my eyes for most of the ride, so it always seems like nighttime to me! )
Old 04-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #771
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I'd really like to ride Big Thunder Mountain at night, too. It's a fun ride. I'm also a little bit tempted to go on Splash Mountain at night....just a little bit.

I was pricing out Mary Poppins tickets in NYC last night. I was so tempted to buy some for my Birthday in September but reason won out.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #772
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So today.... we are excited for Test Track. The real question is will Hannah finally ride it, she makes it in the building, hate the loud noise in the que and left with DH. I hope we get her on it, I think she will enjoy! When she took the piece off today I said we can ride it together, I think with my mom and I she might be okay! Here is a picture of my three on another car ride from Friday night at Kings Island:

I cannot believe that Luke actually rode it with the girls. He had a lot of fun on the carousel, train, and all the rides he could ride. Just getting ready for Disney I guess.

Now no more DIS... closets await! Perhaps a real update later!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #773
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

what a cute picture!! Luke is getting so big!
Old 04-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #775
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I love how your two girls seem very concerned with what Luke is doing!
Old 04-26-2009, 05:33 PM   #776
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

I am sooooo far behind! OK going back! Yay for Jammin Jungle parade, we have never seen it either...usually can't make it in that park long enough to see it! Maybe we will go back on an afternoon just for that! We LOVE Figment too, what a great place to cool off and relax! I hope you do get to see Mary Poppins! LOVE Hannah's top five...soooo cute that she made a list BTMRR is Eric's favaorite nighttime ride, he says it's cool Yay for laundry baskets full of Disney goodies Usually means the trip is getting closer Finally, Test Track, I hope Hannah finds the courage to ride! The picture of the 3 kids riding together is just precious!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #777
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
We saw Mary Poppins in London a few years ago, the show is amazing. The set, the effects, etc. Very cool!
Glad you got your yard in shape, and are tackling those other necessary evils! The annual spring cleaning!

Your DD has a great top 5!

Can't wait to hear about your basket of goodies!!
Glad to hear you liked Mary Poppins. The yard is well getting there... I still need to plant and stuff, but I am planning to wait a week or two before I do that.

Quote:
Big Thunder Mountain -- have you ridden it at night before? I hear that is supposed to be really fun! (I always close my eyes for most of the ride, so it always seems like nighttime to me! )
I have not rode it at night for a while, if ever. I hope to ride it a lot this trip, since I sat it out last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I'd really like to ride Big Thunder Mountain at night, too. It's a fun ride. I'm also a little bit tempted to go on Splash Mountain at night....just a little bit.

I was pricing out Mary Poppins tickets in NYC last night. I was so tempted to buy some for my Birthday in September but reason won out.
Go go go! Can you make it when they have the 15 dollar tickets? (mousesavers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
what a cute picture!! Luke is getting so big!
I know he is a big boy... starting to crawl (backwards)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
All three kiddos look so cute. I can't believe how much older Hannah looks!
When I look at the pics of her when she turned 4 at WDW I realize how much she too has changed.

Quote:
I love how your two girls seem very concerned with what Luke is doing!
They were super excited to ride with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
I am sooooo far behind! OK going back! Yay for Jammin Jungle parade, we have never seen it either...usually can't make it in that park long enough to see it! Maybe we will go back on an afternoon just for that! We LOVE Figment too, what a great place to cool off and relax! I hope you do get to see Mary Poppins! LOVE Hannah's top five...soooo cute that she made a list BTMRR is Eric's favaorite nighttime ride, he says it's cool Yay for laundry baskets full of Disney goodies Usually means the trip is getting closer Finally, Test Track, I hope Hannah finds the courage to ride! The picture of the 3 kids riding together is just precious!
Life just interupts DISing... but that is okay!
Old 04-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #778
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Cute picture. I'm sure that was a fun evening!
It is good practice for Disney World.

The first thing I noticed was the girls focused in on Luke.
I know you have plenty of help taking care of him.

I hope Hannah ends up sticking it out with Test Track. That's a fun ride, and she'll feel like such a big girl getting to share it with you.

Have fun with those closets. I did a whole room this weekend that was being used as a gigantic catch-all area. It took a while, but it looks like a real room now - so much better than it did!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #779
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I LOVE that pictures of the kids! Soooo cute! That Luke is a serious driver!
Old 04-26-2009, 09:33 PM   #780
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

just catching up!!!! i'm loving your "we're looking forward to" updates. so cool!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: