Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2009, 10:52 PM   #707
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Wouldn't it be great to do that again?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2009, 10:53 PM   #708
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Saturday, June 20th

Magic Kingdom

For me that is Disney World. Up until that point I am having a great vacation, but there I am in a magical place unlike any other. I think that our Breakfast at O'Hana's is really my ploy to at least see the Castle before Saturday, our third park day!

MK is somewhat stressing me out in terms of planning. We have three mornings, two nights planned there. Our ADR for this day is Chef Mickey's for dinner.

There are four things on my must do list for this day:

1) Meet the Fairies-- I feel that if we can get this done the first MK day I will be much less stressed out. I know that my girls would love it, my sister in law has some fantastic pictures and I have loved many that I have seen on here too. Then once this is done no worries or planning how to get there.... so I want to knock it off the first day, right away!

2) Fantasyland- including Dumbo, Peter Pan, It's a Small World, Mickey's Philharmagic, Winnie the Pooh and Snow White. I think we are going to let Emily go on Snow White, I hope she is ready.

3) Fantasmic-- I never like to put it off in case of weather issues. We hopefully can see it this first night, and if we catch it again later it is an extra added bonus.

4) Splash Mountain--- this is my favorite WDW ride ( I struggled terribly to pick my top five on FB) and I so missed riding it last year. I cannot wait to go back to the Laughin' Place!

I am truly honest that if I can accomplish these three things for that first MK day I will be thrilled. By all means I hope to do more, but knocking this out would make day two and three fantastic!

My next MK day I will share more of the things that we hope to do!

Here are some favorite MK pics of years past

Old 04-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #709
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

The girls and dad in the race car is sooo cute and of course I love the back shot in Tomorrowland.....
I agree, seeing the fairies first would be good to do.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #710
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

I finally caught up!!! It's amazing what you miss when you're away for a while. Your plans look great, and I think you'll all have a great time. I love the idea for the calendar - mind if I steal that for our trip next summer???
I also can't wait to meet the fairies - DD will be almost nine then, though. I'm worried that I'm quickly running out of the little girl phase. But there's no way to fit a trip in this year, so I'm going to have to deal with it. Everyone says she's a carbon copy of me, and I still liked things like that until way after I probably should have, so I hope the "carbon copy" thing holds out.

I laughed when I heard about your Children's Museum trip. We were there a week before you to check out the Clone Wars exhibit - talk about crazy!!! Going during spring break is nuts. I agree that the more adults, the better. When the baby isn't happy sitting in the stroller anymore, we'll be in trouble. The great thing about being 20 minutes away and being season passholders is that we're able to go for two hours and then come home, knowing that we can see things again. Though, I'd give it up if we could trade them for APs at Disney...

October 2012 Trip report

Old 04-19-2009, 08:51 AM   #711
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I wish you were going a week earlier, too!

Mary Poppins and Hannah on the carousel -- I remember reading about that last year and thinking that was the coolest thing ever!!!

Ahhh, you posted my favorite picture of the girls at MK -- walking together in Tomorrowland.

From what I have read you should try and get to Pixie Hollow as soon as Toon Town opens -- that's our plan for our Wednesday morning. Chelsea and I want to meet Tink!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #712
White as Snow
Mouseketeer

Yay for Em on Snow White! How well does she do with the other dark rides? I have to admit, the scene where the dwarves are chasing her up the cliff creeps ME out sometimes!

I hope you have a lot of moments this trip like Hannah getting to ride the carousel with Mary Poppins!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:31 PM   #713
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
That is seriously one of the most magical moments I have read about. What an awesome encounter.

Of all the magical moments I think we have experienced at WDW the past two trips: Dream FPs at MK, our great EPCOT Character Connection Photo, opening ToonTown with Minnie, being a pilot on the Monorail, and being a Co-pliot on Dumbo... Mary Poppins and Hannah is my favorite too! She was just too super sweet and perfect in everyway!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Wouldn't it be great to do that again?
I would be happy with a touch of Pixie Dust, but just being there is that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
The girls and dad in the race car is sooo cute and of course I love the back shot in Tomorrowland.....
I agree, seeing the fairies first would be good to do.
I think I will spend the morning at the rope drop... and honestly I am okay with it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
I finally caught up!!! It's amazing what you miss when you're away for a while. Your plans look great, and I think you'll all have a great time. I love the idea for the calendar - mind if I steal that for our trip next summer???
I also can't wait to meet the fairies - DD will be almost nine then, though. I'm worried that I'm quickly running out of the little girl phase. But there's no way to fit a trip in this year, so I'm going to have to deal with it. Everyone says she's a carbon copy of me, and I still liked things like that until way after I probably should have, so I hope the "carbon copy" thing holds out.

I laughed when I heard about your Children's Museum trip. We were there a week before you to check out the Clone Wars exhibit - talk about crazy!!! Going during spring break is nuts. I agree that the more adults, the better. When the baby isn't happy sitting in the stroller anymore, we'll be in trouble. The great thing about being 20 minutes away and being season passholders is that we're able to go for two hours and then come home, knowing that we can see things again. Though, I'd give it up if we could trade them for APs at Disney...
Steal away the calendar idea...

I love to get to Indy and go to the museum, you are lucky to have it so close... ours does not even come close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I wish you were going a week earlier, too!

Mary Poppins and Hannah on the carousel -- I remember reading about that last year and thinking that was the coolest thing ever!!!

Ahhh, you posted my favorite picture of the girls at MK -- walking together in Tomorrowland.

From what I have read you should try and get to Pixie Hollow as soon as Toon Town opens -- that's our plan for our Wednesday morning. Chelsea and I want to meet Tink!
I keep reading up on that too... you might have to share some of that with me.... in my sneak peek of the report okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White as Snow View Post
Yay for Em on Snow White! How well does she do with the other dark rides? I have to admit, the scene where the dwarves are chasing her up the cliff creeps ME out sometimes!

I hope you have a lot of moments this trip like Hannah getting to ride the carousel with Mary Poppins!
She is not a fan of the dark rides, but I think she is braver now. There is one at Kings Island she rides with no problem now. I think she will love it since she is like her sister and loves Snow White. We will do Peter Pan first though... no doubt
Old 04-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #714
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Sorry no picture.... today we are looking forward to riding.... Tower of Terror! It will be Hannah's first ride on it. Whiles someone will have to stay with Emily and Luke I hope we can use some child swap passes and get on it a couple of time!

BTW... I am a bit crazy, yesterday was 59 days, so today is 58!
Old 04-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #715
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Would it sound strange if I sent for the early morning Pixie Encounter?? (!) Wow, I'm looking forward to those pictures!!

Kathy
Old 04-20-2009, 09:19 AM   #716
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Great countdown updates ! I am just catching up after being away this weekend. DH and I went to a concert in Charlottesville this weekend.

I feel the same way about MK. I don't feel like I am in Disney until I see the castle and walk down main street. Hope you get to do all the things on your 1st day MK wishlist.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:35 AM   #717
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

I love this photo! It is so precious.
Old 04-20-2009, 11:50 AM   #718
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

LOVE your pics and planning updates!! Your girls are just ADORABLE!! Quick question--where did you find that Belle costume for your youngest daughter? I'm looking for one for my youngest who will be 19 months old when we go next month. My oldest daughter has a Belle dress to wear for our Akershus princess breakfast and thought it would be cute if Claire had one as well. TIA!!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:33 PM   #719
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I'll watch Luke and Em while you all ride Tower of Terror!
Old 04-20-2009, 02:48 PM   #720
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Would it sound strange if I sent for the early morning Pixie Encounter?? (!) Wow, I'm looking forward to those pictures!!

Kathy
I think that Tink is my # thing I cannot wait for....I know that Hannah will be so excited, and in turn so will Em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Great countdown updates ! I am just catching up after being away this weekend. DH and I went to a concert in Charlottesville this weekend.

I feel the same way about MK. I don't feel like I am in Disney until I see the castle and walk down main street. Hope you get to do all the things on your 1st day MK wishlist.
Seeing MK for the first time and leaving it the last time get me every visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
I love this photo! It is so precious.
It won't be long until you have two little princesses walking the world together. Sister love is awfully sweet to watch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
LOVE your pics and planning updates!! Your girls are just ADORABLE!! Quick question--where did you find that Belle costume for your youngest daughter? I'm looking for one for my youngest who will be 19 months old when we go next month. My oldest daughter has a Belle dress to wear for our Akershus princess breakfast and thought it would be cute if Claire had one as well. TIA!!
It was through Disney shopping, we got the smallest size and pinned the bottom to hem it up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I'll watch Luke and Em while you all ride Tower of Terror!
Just extend your trip... no problem with that right?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: