Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #691
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Oh my, WHO can say "NO" to a Mickey Bar!!!!!

I'll take a box! ANYTHING in Disney tastes better. Too bad the calories couldn't "magically" disappear once you left the Magic Kingdom!

So exciting to have your trip all finalized! I bet you are super excited to get your final Mickey Mail!!!! We just got our maps that I ordered online Too FUN! I had to hide them!

I also wanted to say that Spectro is one of my favorite Disney events, too.... it takes days for me to get that music out of my head.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 04-17-2009, 11:01 AM   #692
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
... I also transfered to Disney Dining--- but I did not make any changes, just time shopped around! I just can't believe my choices are settled....

Feels strange, doesn't it??

Kathy
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #693
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I don't want to lose DIS points!!! I will eat a Mickey bar before the first full day is over!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #694
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So today's countdown.... we are looking forward to the

Jungle Cruise- corny jokes and all. Here is to hoping we have a great tour guide!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:10 PM   #695
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Mickey bars poolside? Now there is a really great idea!

So your trip is paid off? Woo hoo!!! I still don't think they send us our documents until after the 45 day mark though -- we haven't gotten ours yet, but our 45 days is coming up on Wednesday.
I am a mean mom... I only do fun treats that melt like that in bathing suits!

Come on document!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Mickey bars are definitely not the same as other ice cream bars. The chocolate is very chocolatey (made up, or real word?) and it is thicker than on other bars. That is the reality part that makes them different. The magical part is that you are eating them in Disney World.

If CP doesn't get a Mickey bar this time, we will probably be forced to dock her a few DIS points. She has had ample time to get this done, don't you think?

Personally, I'm pulling for you not to lose points, CP, but I must say that those strawberry bars are super scrump-dilly-icious (real word, or made up?), too, so we'll have to be understanding if you go for one of those.

Oh, and don't forget frozen lemonades!

I hope you have a healthy Disney appetite. You're going to have a lot of ground to cover in the frozen treats department.
Now do you mean frozen... rock frozen, or slushie like- I like the slushie ones a lot! Other than that give me chocolate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Oh my, WHO can say "NO" to a Mickey Bar!!!!!

I'll take a box! ANYTHING in Disney tastes better. Too bad the calories couldn't "magically" disappear once you left the Magic Kingdom!

So exciting to have your trip all finalized! I bet you are super excited to get your final Mickey Mail!!!! We just got our maps that I ordered online Too FUN! I had to hide them!

I also wanted to say that Spectro is one of my favorite Disney events, too.... it takes days for me to get that music out of my head.
"Anything in Disney tastes better" I might try that with getting the girls to eat vegetables in WDW- what do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Feels strange, doesn't it??

Kathy
I am really thinking I cannot make it... I might have to change at least one ADR...

Quote:
I don't want to lose DIS points!!! I will eat a Mickey bar before the first full day is over!
We will hold you to it, and expect a picture of you by the AKL pool with it in hand!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:58 PM   #696
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am a mean mom... I only do fun treats that melt like that in bathing suits!

Come on document!

We will hold you to it, and expect a picture of you by the AKL pool with it in hand!
It's a good idea -- I usually make Connor strip off his shirt at home, but that won't always work.

As soon as I get mine, I will let you know, and you can gauge by that -- oh, how I hope it is soon!

I think promising to eat a Mickey Bar will be one of those fun obligations I have to fulfill!

Jungle Cruise -- another must-do for us -- both during the day and at night. It just screams classic Disney to me!
Old 04-17-2009, 11:04 PM   #697
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I am drooling over that Mickey Bar. We haven't let A. try one yet. I know, I'm mean.

We love the Jungle Cruise. The cornier the better is my philosophy.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:47 AM   #698
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's a good idea -- I usually make Connor strip off his shirt at home, but that won't always work.

As soon as I get mine, I will let you know, and you can gauge by that -- oh, how I hope it is soon!

I think promising to eat a Mickey Bar will be one of those fun obligations I have to fulfill!

Jungle Cruise -- another must-do for us -- both during the day and at night. It just screams classic Disney to me!
You might have a list of spoilers that you have to answer for me... before we leave since there is a few days between our trips!

The Jungle cruise cracks me up since my silly girls last year still thought the animals were real, well especially Emily! I think I rode it record times last year with her....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I am drooling over that Mickey Bar. We haven't let A. try one yet. I know, I'm mean.

We love the Jungle Cruise. The cornier the better is my philosophy.
You are not mean, if I could keep the goodies out of my girl's hands I would. That particular picture is funny to me because Emily had a major meltdown since she wanted one then too, and my DH thought I was crazy for getting just one. I have a bad feeling Luke will be the one freaking out this summer... unfortunately he senses those ice cream treats and grabs and attacks.... I am doomed!
Old 04-18-2009, 07:49 AM   #699
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

We are off to some outside fun today.... but I will post the next day's plans/thoughts later tonight, as well as the calendar piece. Our next day is MK- Day 1...I have two must dos for that day, hope they happen!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:06 AM   #700
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You might have a list of spoilers that you have to answer for me... before we leave since there is a few days between our trips!

The Jungle cruise cracks me up since my silly girls last year still thought the animals were real, well especially Emily! I think I rode it record times last year with her....
I will gladly answer any spoilers before you leave!

Quote:
We are off to some outside fun today.... but I will post the next day's plans/thoughts later tonight, as well as the calendar piece. Our next day is MK- Day 1...I have two must dos for that day, hope they happen!
Have fun today! Looking forward to tonight's update!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:20 AM   #701
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

B. is the same way. He loves all food and wants whatever A. is eating.

Enjoy the sunshine day, we are headed for a day outdoors as well.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:11 AM   #702
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Laura, I love the I looking forward to as part of your countdown and I have to admit that I totally stole your idea because I think it is a great way to get the kids involved in the trip!! The dreaded Mickey Bar LOVE them but what a mess!!! The pic. of your DH and Emily on the Jungle Cruise is so cute!!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #703
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Hope you enjoyed your outside time! I love that the Mickey bar was "sweating" too! Sometimes you can't eat those fast enough before the ice cream is dripping out of the chocolate! Yummy yummy

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 04-18-2009, 10:15 PM   #704
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I will gladly answer any spoilers before you leave!

Have fun today! Looking forward to tonight's update!
I will have a list going I am sure Jackie! I sure wish we were going a week earlier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
B. is the same way. He loves all food and wants whatever A. is eating.

Enjoy the sunshine day, we are headed for a day outdoors as well.
I let Luke eat a popcicle with me tonight... I am not a good mom. Both he and I were covered in cherry juice, but I think with his teeth he thought I was the best mom ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Laura, I love the I looking forward to as part of your countdown and I have to admit that I totally stole your idea because I think it is a great way to get the kids involved in the trip!! The dreaded Mickey Bar LOVE them but what a mess!!! The pic. of your DH and Emily on the Jungle Cruise is so cute!!
Imitation is the highest form of flattery... glad you liked it!

I agree Mickey Bar = wipes at quick reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Hope you enjoyed your outside time! I love that the Mickey bar was "sweating" too! Sometimes you can't eat those fast enough before the ice cream is dripping out of the chocolate! Yummy yummy

We had a great day... we went to Kings Island for Opening Day, then to the Cincinnati Flower Show (that was just Luke, my mom and me) and then were outside the rest of the evening.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #705
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Today is our ticker says two months.... and today we took off 60......

and we are looking forward to

Cinderella's Carousel

I could only dream of Mary being with us.....(to new readers this was on Hannah's actual 4th Birthday)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: