Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-16-2009, 06:01 AM   #676
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

There's nothing quite like Spectro on a warm, summer night!
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 06:35 AM   #677
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
There's nothing quite like Spectro on a warm, summer night!
So true.
Hot, sticky, crowded...and wonderful!
We usually stake out a spot and one person goes and gets Casey's hot dogs and fries, and we pig out while we sit on the curb and wait for an amazing spectacle in sparkling lights! Just picture it now - the little glow light necklace and spinner toy carts roll by and you know the parade is right behind them. Can't wait until July!

Did you youtube this with the girls? I youtube it about once a month just to get a little warm summer night Spectro fix. I think that makes me an official Disney dork in just about any book.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-16-2009, 10:43 AM   #678
Happydog
DIS Veteran
 
Happydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 4,962

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I will post some Easter pics... the hunt was a big hit and the girls have lots of Disney spending money, so they are super excited. Tomorrow morning they will start the calendar .... it hanging and ready! I am super excited to be at almost two months.... let the true countdown begin!
Hi there! Just finished reading up after being gone! What cute cute cute pickies of your kiddos! I can't believe we are getting close, either! Can you believe it?!?!? That two month count down really makes it seem so close! It sounds like you had a great spring break that was relaxing! Did ya ever get to that laundry pile ??!! I have one now... after traveling for 10 days, the mound that was there before I left (folded) is being worn, and the pile I just made is getting folded this weekend!!!

I like your list of things to do for AK and Epcot. Did you say Emily may not like Its a Bug's Life? My 3 yr old did, which is why I wanted to say that --- the 3D thing was a little funny, and the stuff that "surprises" you, he got a kick out of (kept taking the glasses off!) I thought I had read you were not sure about it for her, or maybe Luke? RE Dinosaur, my 6 yr old was afraid of that ride... and he loves dinos. I was surprised. he kept his ears covered and head down "peeking" the whole time... Anyway, loved the fam pictures, too... catching up on 7 pages is a blur!

Oh very colorful countdown calendar! I am so jealous of all these countdown calendars b/c our trip is a secret!!! And I think CSR looks like a great resort, we have never been there, but everything I read about it really suggests that is a good choice!

Okay, off to catch up with CP!
__________________

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Happydog is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 11:35 AM   #679
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran
 
Lady Lallie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 18,576

There is nothing like Spectromagic. I adore it! I have the music in my head now, it's making work a bit easier.
Lady Lallie is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 12:33 PM   #680
Me&3
DIS Veteran
 
Me&3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Davie,Florida
Posts: 744

WHAT GREAT EASTER PICS OF THE KIDS THEY ARE JUST TO CUTE. THEY JUST GROW TO FAST. IT SEEMS LIKE JUST YESTERDAY WE WERE READING YOUR TR WHEN YOU WERE EXPECTING LUKE.
Me&3 is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #681
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

Today we are looking forward to .....





yes even on the hottest Florida days we must eat a Mickey Mouse ice cream bar!
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 02:49 PM   #682
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer
 
mylag1rl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Pasadena, Maryland
Posts: 265

I love the daily countdown updates. We are doing a family vacation at the beach this summer so I will live vicariously thru my DISfriends pretrip and trip reports.
__________________
Carrie DH Me DS18 DS17
mylag1rl is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 05:02 PM   #683
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Are you staying for "Wishes"?

I am having major planning angst this trip. 7 days, with hoppers and I have lot of indecision. I will get to that soon. I do plan to see Wishes, but probably not the Spectro night... I will explain my thoughts .


Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
There's nothing quite like Spectro on a warm, summer night!
I can just hum the music and close my eyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
So true.
Hot, sticky, crowded...and wonderful!
We usually stake out a spot and one person goes and gets Casey's hot dogs and fries, and we pig out while we sit on the curb and wait for an amazing spectacle in sparkling lights! Just picture it now - the little glow light necklace and spinner toy carts roll by and you know the parade is right behind them. Can't wait until July!

Did you youtube this with the girls? I youtube it about once a month just to get a little warm summer night Spectro fix. I think that makes me an official Disney dork in just about any book.
We have watched it, and actually have it tape. I should force DH to get some of our video from WDW out and we can watch some. Maybe this weekend we can start to find it- I know we tape and then it disappears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hi there! Just finished reading up after being gone! What cute cute cute pickies of your kiddos! I can't believe we are getting close, either! Can you believe it?!?!? That two month count down really makes it seem so close! It sounds like you had a great spring break that was relaxing! Did ya ever get to that laundry pile ??!! I have one now... after traveling for 10 days, the mound that was there before I left (folded) is being worn, and the pile I just made is getting folded this weekend!!!

I like your list of things to do for AK and Epcot. Did you say Emily may not like Its a Bug's Life? My 3 yr old did, which is why I wanted to say that --- the 3D thing was a little funny, and the stuff that "surprises" you, he got a kick out of (kept taking the glasses off!) I thought I had read you were not sure about it for her, or maybe Luke? RE Dinosaur, my 6 yr old was afraid of that ride... and he loves dinos. I was surprised. he kept his ears covered and head down "peeking" the whole time... Anyway, loved the fam pictures, too... catching up on 7 pages is a blur!

Oh very colorful countdown calendar! I am so jealous of all these countdown calendars b/c our trip is a secret!!! And I think CSR looks like a great resort, we have never been there, but everything I read about it really suggests that is a good choice!

Okay, off to catch up with CP!
First of all... I am back to laundry today- yikes!

Second thanks for the Bug's Life info. I think we will try her but then we have Luke, so who knows.

Third I am scared of Dinosaur... I hope I never ride it again, but will if the kids want to when they are big.

Finally-- I missed counting down last year with Hannah, so glad to be back at it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
There is nothing like Spectromagic. I adore it! I have the music in my head now, it's making work a bit easier.
I hummed it all the way to school I think today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me&3 View Post
WHAT GREAT EASTER PICS OF THE KIDS THEY ARE JUST TO CUTE. THEY JUST GROW TO FAST. IT SEEMS LIKE JUST YESTERDAY WE WERE READING YOUR TR WHEN YOU WERE EXPECTING LUKE.

He is getting so big. It is crazy how fast they all grow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
I love the daily countdown updates. We are doing a family vacation at the beach this summer so I will live vicariously thru my DISfriends pretrip and trip reports.
Glad you enjoy. As I have pictures I hope to include them... but I doubt all days I have pics for.
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 06:48 PM   #684
cjackearl
DIS Veteran
 
cjackearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SW Michigan
Posts: 1,909

I'm two days behind. I can't wait to have a positive Spectro experience this year. Last trip we got stuck and smashed like sardines in a can on a walkway in frontierland. It was seriously scary and awful, so this year we need to build some great Spectro memories.

Mickey ice cream is definitely worth the mess.
__________________
cjackearl is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 07:56 PM   #685
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Mickey Bars -- shhh, but we haven't had those yet.

I should be taking notes -- you have already mentioned two things that I want to try now.
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 09:02 PM   #686
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,145

I had been taking some major flack in DIS chat for never having tried a Mickey Bar. I had one last month. I can totally understand why you guys are looking forward to them. They are wonderful!
__________________

wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 09:57 PM   #687
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I'm two days behind. I can't wait to have a positive Spectro experience this year. Last trip we got stuck and smashed like sardines in a can on a walkway in frontierland. It was seriously scary and awful, so this year we need to build some great Spectro memories.

Mickey ice cream is definitely worth the mess.
The girls love Spectro... I do too. My parents are not big parade people, but I think watching the girls experience things they will like different things too.

We actually saw Spectro twice, both MK nights. The first night we staked out early and had a great spot. Then the second night we got a spot towards the last minute and got some yummy cold treats to enjoy. I hope we see it twice this trip...

I love the Mickey bars... especially poolside where the drips and mess don't matter as much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Mickey Bars -- shhh, but we haven't had those yet.

I should be taking notes -- you have already mentioned two things that I want to try now.
JACKIE.... it is okay. You have tried lots of yummy things I have not! I think unless you try these you think they are like every other ice cream bar dipped in chocolate. However I truly believe these are the best! Glad I can add to your planning fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I had been taking some major flack in DIS chat for never having tried a Mickey Bar. I had one last month. I can totally understand why you guys are looking forward to them. They are wonderful!
They just taste better... like many disney foods!
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
Old 04-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #688
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

So I called WDW today.... to add our hoppers and pay for the rest of our trip. I think this will lead us to seeing some paperwork soon perhaps! I also transfered to Disney Dining--- but I did not make any changes, just time shopped around! I just can't believe my choices are settled....
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #689
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran
 
Charleston Princess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Georgia
Posts: 21,553

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I love the Mickey bars... especially poolside where the drips and mess don't matter as much!

JACKIE.... it is okay. You have tried lots of yummy things I have not! I think unless you try these you think they are like every other ice cream bar dipped in chocolate. However I truly believe these are the best! Glad I can add to your planning fun!

They just taste better... like many disney foods!
Mickey bars poolside? Now there is a really great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
So I called WDW today.... to add our hoppers and pay for the rest of our trip. I think this will lead us to seeing some paperwork soon perhaps! I also transfered to Disney Dining--- but I did not make any changes, just time shopped around! I just can't believe my choices are settled....
So your trip is paid off? Woo hoo!!! I still don't think they send us our documents until after the 45 day mark though -- we haven't gotten ours yet, but our 45 days is coming up on Wednesday.
Charleston Princess is offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 05:55 AM   #690
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,024

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
JACKIE.... it is okay. You have tried lots of yummy things I have not! I think unless you try these you think they are like every other ice cream bar dipped in chocolate. However I truly believe these are the best! Glad I can add to your planning fun!

They just taste better... like many disney foods!
Mickey bars are definitely not the same as other ice cream bars. The chocolate is very chocolatey (made up, or real word?) and it is thicker than on other bars. That is the reality part that makes them different. The magical part is that you are eating them in Disney World.

If CP doesn't get a Mickey bar this time, we will probably be forced to dock her a few DIS points. She has had ample time to get this done, don't you think?

Personally, I'm pulling for you not to lose points, CP, but I must say that those strawberry bars are super scrump-dilly-icious (real word, or made up?), too, so we'll have to be understanding if you go for one of those.

Oh, and don't forget frozen lemonades!

I hope you have a healthy Disney appetite. You're going to have a lot of ground to cover in the frozen treats department.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: