Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2009, 03:47 AM   #301
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Your shopping trip will be so much more relaxing now and the girls will enjoy grandparent time!

So glad that your SIL is enjoying the Poly -- that would be such a neat place to stay sometime!

How many days are you planning for your countdown calendar? I need to start thinking about that, too!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 AM   #302
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
So DH's brother, wife and kids are in WDW now-- at the Poly! It was great to get just a taste of their trip! I cannot wait to hear all about it next week!

I am also getting close to working on a countdown calendar with the girls.... I am trying to make it two part for each day, so Emily and Hannah can both do something so they don't freak out--- we said after Emily's birthday we would do it (partially it is a count down for me to know that school is going to end.... it is crazy busy right now!

How nice for your family to be at the Poly right now!
Wouldn't it be nice if they had a webcam up so that we could join them?
Did you see tecdavidt's webcam he kept up during New Year's Eve? It was so cool!

Ditto on the crazy busy school situation. We're doing Read Me Week through Monday, and three different forms of Metro and state testing also begin on Monday. We'll be doing Running Records, DIBELS, and ThinkLink all starting Monday. It's crazy in more ways than one! That's why I need my spring break trips so badly!!!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2009, 05:41 AM   #303
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So DH's brother, wife and kids are in WDW now-- at the Poly! I talked to my sister in law briefly today and they said they were suprised by the crowds... I guess a lot of southerners are there because they are out for Mardi Gras! Never thought about that! They are having a great time, survived the drive (they have a baby who is just a few months older than Luke) and have had good weather! It was great to get just a taste of their trip! I cannot wait to hear all about it next week!

I am also getting close to working on a countdown calendar with the girls.... I am trying to make it two part for each day, so Emily and Hannah can both do something so they don't freak out--- we said after Emily's birthday we would do it (partially it is a count down for me to know that school is going to end.... it is crazy busy right now!
There's nothing like talking to someone who just got back from Disney to pump you up for your own trip! Glad your sister in law was able to to share some magic with you.

I can't wait to see how you do the countdown calendar! I always trying to figure how to do things so both Doug and Liam can participate. It's so much better than dealing with a crabby kid.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:45 AM   #304
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Enjoy your weekend---especially all your SHOPPING!!! That will be the best part!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 02-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #305
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Your shopping trip will be so much more relaxing now and the girls will enjoy grandparent time!

So glad that your SIL is enjoying the Poly -- that would be such a neat place to stay sometime!

How many days are you planning for your countdown calendar? I need to start thinking about that, too!
This was their only great Poly chance... with four kids they barely fit, since the infant did not count! I too would love to stay there!
We are close to 100 days, but I for sure don't want to start it until after Emily's birthday. I think I figured out what I want to do too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
How nice for your family to be at the Poly right now!
Wouldn't it be nice if they had a webcam up so that we could join them?
Did you see tecdavidt's webcam he kept up during New Year's Eve? It was so cool!

Ditto on the crazy busy school situation. We're doing Read Me Week through Monday, and three different forms of Metro and state testing also begin on Monday. We'll be doing Running Records, DIBELS, and ThinkLink all starting Monday. It's crazy in more ways than one! That's why I need my spring break trips so badly!!!
I can't wait to see the pictures from their trip! I sure wish I could be there too, we went to WDW with them when Hannah was 18 months... although we would have together seven kids 8 and under---- that is crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
There's nothing like talking to someone who just got back from Disney to pump you up for your own trip! Glad your sister in law was able to to share some magic with you.

I can't wait to see how you do the countdown calendar! I always trying to figure how to do things so both Doug and Liam can participate. It's so much better than dealing with a crabby kid.
They big time like things even!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Enjoy your weekend---especially all your SHOPPING!!! That will be the best part!!!!
My list is growing... my mom wants some Disney Dollars for the girls now...
Old 02-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #306
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Have a great time shopping! My husband and I enjoy shopping without the kids, even if we're just window shopping. Unfortunately, it happens all too rarely. I agree, those June hours can't be released early enough. Can't wait to hear what you come up with for a countdown calendar. Any chance you can figure out how to make a 3-way one?
Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #307
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Have a great time shopping! My husband and I enjoy shopping without the kids, even if we're just window shopping. Unfortunately, it happens all too rarely. I agree, those June hours can't be released early enough. Can't wait to hear what you come up with for a countdown calendar. Any chance you can figure out how to make a 3-way one?
I think the idea of outnumbering the children anywhere is appealing to me at this point 2 adults one kid is easy !

I did think about the calendar... and how I am glad Luke has no idea. I hope by the time he is into sharing Hannah will be a bit less of a pill.... we had a sharing incident at COSTCO today- berry smoothies 2 for four people and somehow my mom and I got the short ends of the drinks!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:02 AM   #308
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we had a sharing incident at COSTCO today- berry smoothies 2 for four people and somehow my mom and I got the short ends of the drinks!
Those drinks are so good! DD and I always get one to share and I end up getting one drink! I feel your pain!

Drea, DH, DD 6 y.o., DS 4 y.o.

October 2007-POFQ,May 2008- Wilderness Lodge,November 2008 - Free Dining @ POP,October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort, May 2010 - Pop Century, November/December 2010 - CBR,, Leap Year Trip!-POP!
Old 02-27-2009, 06:11 AM   #309
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
we had a sharing incident at COSTCO today- berry smoothies 2 for four people and somehow my mom and I got the short ends of the drinks!
Oh that sounds far too familiar! We often will get two custards at Culvers and more often than not, Ryan and I get the short end of that deal.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:27 AM   #310
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
So DH's brother, wife and kids are in WDW now-- at the Poly! I talked to my sister in law briefly today and they said they were suprised by the crowds... I guess a lot of southerners are there because they are out for Mardi Gras! Never thought about that!
I have read that there is an increase in crowd size around Mardi Gras because the locals flee N'Awlins! But, if your DB&SIL are planners like we are, they should be fine.....it's not supposed to be anything like Spring Break.

It'll be so much fun for you to talk about their trip!

Here's some shopping for the weekend!!

Kathy
Old 02-27-2009, 09:43 AM   #311
moparop
DIS Veteran

Did you see??? June hours are out!!! Maybe you can print out the pages and organize on the drive?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #312
charissemp
Mouseketeer

I can't get the June hours to come up for me!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:39 PM   #313
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Those drinks are so good! DD and I always get one to share and I end up getting one drink! I feel your pain!
When I was pregnant with Hannah I had a ton of those... I love them.

Quote:
Oh that sounds far too familiar! We often will get two custards at Culvers and more often than not, Ryan and I get the short end of that deal.
They are not too fun to share with anymore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I have read that there is an increase in crowd size around Mardi Gras because the locals flee N'Awlins! But, if your DB&SIL are planners like we are, they should be fine.....it's not supposed to be anything like Spring Break.

It'll be so much fun for you to talk about their trip!

Here's some shopping for the weekend!!

Kathy
We had fun!

Quote:
Did you see??? June hours are out!!! Maybe you can print out the pages and organize on the drive?
I saw this message on Friday... and did some quick printing out! Planning here I come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charissemp View Post
I can't get the June hours to come up for me!
I hope by now you have found them!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:44 PM   #314
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

We had a really fun weekend. On Saturday the girls loved the play and the boys and I did some shopping- we got Emily another birthday present, got some stuff at Kohls, had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, stroller shopped visted the Disney store....all in all very productive. The Disney store did not have exactly what I wanted for their baskets (not that I am sure, but they did not have Easter stuff out yet! I will post some pics tomorrow... got to get ready for another week!

for June hours
Old 03-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #315
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Welcome home! Glad you had a great time!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: