Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2009, 08:18 PM   #286
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I agree! No recline=Cranky Baby! That is why I like the Triumph. Nice recline, lightweight, fairly good price. I saw some on Ebay when I was looking so you may want to check there as well.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:44 PM   #287
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I think this week might get crazy... so here is a mini-update!

So we are headed to my inlaws this weekend... the good thing is they have a Disney store in the mall .... and they always go to the mall. I hope to get some Easter Basket goodies while they entertain the girls. We are going to celebrate Emily's birthday with them too. Then I hope to return home to see that the June Hours are posted--- a girl can dream right? That will leave me with one week to get our dining plans ready to go. I do feel a lot less stress in regards to when and where to eat now that we are getting hoppers.
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2009, 04:58 AM   #288
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Have fun at your in-laws!!! Make sure you scout out any potential Easter stuff at the Disney store -- that way I'll know if I need to make the trek to our mall.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:12 AM   #289
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Have fun shopping!! I hope the hours come out soon for you so you can really get a schedule going. Hoppers are so nice in that regard!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:39 AM   #290
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
I think this week might get crazy... so here is a mini-update!

So we are headed to my inlaws this weekend... the good thing is they have a Disney store in the mall .... and they always go to the mall. I hope to get some Easter Basket goodies while they entertain the girls. We are going to celebrate Emily's birthday with them too. Then I hope to return home to see that the June Hours are posted--- a girl can dream right? That will leave me with one week to get our dining plans ready to go. I do feel a lot less stress in regards to when and where to eat now that we are getting hoppers.
I hope the trip to the ILs will be relaxing and productive! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for June hours for you. A week to to finalize the plans will be helpful, especially with that many people.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #291
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Have fun!

for getting the park hours!

(Watch out, though. Disney's been changing them around at the last minute like crazy it seems!)

So glad you decided on the hoppers; I think they will pay off just because of the decreased stress you feel!

to Em!

Kathy
Old 02-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #292
weezy26nm
Mouseketeer

new recruit

I just spent the last 2 weeks reading your 2007 and 2008 trip reports and I am hooked. I can't wait for this years trip to start. You have beautiful children and are so lucky to be going back. Thanks for sharing your magic.
Run Forest, Run!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2532107
Old 02-25-2009, 09:04 AM   #293
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Have fun at your IL's---are you coming down my way??? I hope those hours get posted for you REALLY soon!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 02-25-2009, 09:15 AM   #294
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Have a good weekend! I hope you find some good Easter finds at the Disney Store and I really hope the hours are posted for you.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:25 AM   #295
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Questions....Are you checking the Disney website for hours? Are you using TGM, have you already signed up? We went with TGM in Oct and am thinking about ridemax for June but we get a 25% discount if we go with TGM again. I have made a few adrs for June and we do have park hoppers but it would be really nice to get those hours so we aren't forced to hop around too much......

Have a great weekend!

Old 02-25-2009, 02:42 PM   #296
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

have fun at the in-laws! and tell emily happy early birthday!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:36 PM   #297
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

How great that you listen to a Disney CD everynight! I really want to search for a GOOD one while we are in Disney too! I never thought how difficullt it would be with 3 and the stroller situation. I think your plan sounds great though! I wish Disney didn't jack up their prices Believe it or not, Eric still needs one too! In the heat of June, I can't imagine many young kids can last too long without one!

LOVE your Easter, Disney themed baskets idea! We did that last year to surprise the boys! Make sure you take LOTS of pictures!!
Old 02-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #298
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Saw some cute Disney Easter baskets at Walgreens today......

Old 02-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #299
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I agree! No recline=Cranky Baby! That is why I like the Triumph. Nice recline, lightweight, fairly good price. I saw some on Ebay when I was looking so you may want to check there as well.
I will have to check them out soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Have fun at your in-laws!!! Make sure you scout out any potential Easter stuff at the Disney store -- that way I'll know if I need to make the trek to our mall.

My trip to the Disney store just improved! The girls are going with their grandparents to some play/show and lunch. That means I have time to shop with Luke and DH. That is much more managable than everyone. I am making my list of stops now--- Kohls, Gymboree, Disney Store, Dillards (we have gift cards there I want to see what crocs they have) and on and on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Have fun shopping!! I hope the hours come out soon for you so you can really get a schedule going. Hoppers are so nice in that regard!
I will be sad if they are not out by Monday PM at the latest! I sure would love them to be posted Friday so I can plan in the car Friday night!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I hope the trip to the ILs will be relaxing and productive! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for June hours for you. A week to to finalize the plans will be helpful, especially with that many people.
I worry a bit about having reservations for 7... but I can be flexible with hoppers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Have fun!

for getting the park hours!

(Watch out, though. Disney's been changing them around at the last minute like crazy it seems!)

So glad you decided on the hoppers; I think they will pay off just because of the decreased stress you feel!

to Em!

Kathy
I can't believe she is almost three. Her birthday is not until the 8th, but we need to get started celebrating with all the groups!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezy26nm View Post
I just spent the last 2 weeks reading your 2007 and 2008 trip reports and I am hooked. I can't wait for this years trip to start. You have beautiful children and are so lucky to be going back. Thanks for sharing your magic.
I feel so lucky to go again... although I am a bit worried about taking three little kids... thank God for grandparents! Thanks so much for commenting and joining in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Have fun at your IL's---are you coming down my way??? I hope those hours get posted for you REALLY soon!!!

They live in Louisville.... so we will head by you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Have a good weekend! I hope you find some good Easter finds at the Disney Store and I really hope the hours are posted for you.
Thanks.. I miss checking out the Disney store... so I hope to get something little to tide them over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Questions....Are you checking the Disney website for hours? Are you using TGM, have you already signed up? We went with TGM in Oct and am thinking about ridemax for June but we get a 25% discount if we go with TGM again. I have made a few adrs for June and we do have park hoppers but it would be really nice to get those hours so we aren't forced to hop around too much......

Have a great weekend!
We are signed up for TGM again... I hope he gets the charts done quick! Yes I keep checking once a day the WDW site!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
have fun at the in-laws! and tell emily happy early birthday!!!

Thanks Dawn... I am looking forward to some time to shop without three kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
How great that you listen to a Disney CD everynight! I really want to search for a GOOD one while we are in Disney too! I never thought how difficullt it would be with 3 and the stroller situation. I think your plan sounds great though! I wish Disney didn't jack up their prices Believe it or not, Eric still needs one too! In the heat of June, I can't imagine many young kids can last too long without one!

LOVE your Easter, Disney themed baskets idea! We did that last year to surprise the boys! Make sure you take LOTS of pictures!!
Three in a stroller freaks me out.... but with four adults we will have pushers. Hannah can handle a day at Kings Island, but no way seven at WDW in June. I just know I have to have only two strollers and our double would be a nightmare to go with on buses and such. Plus their might be times Emily and Luke are left with one adult... so we cannot have kids in separate strollers. I think for a short wait that Luke and Emily can be in the WDW stroller together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Saw some cute Disney Easter baskets at Walgreens today......
Enabler! I do need to get one for Luke. The Easter bunny fills the same ones here every year... and somehow they get random ones from aunts, grandparents etc... we have a ton of them!
Old 02-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #300
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So DH's brother, wife and kids are in WDW now-- at the Poly! I talked to my sister in law briefly today and they said they were suprised by the crowds... I guess a lot of southerners are there because they are out for Mardi Gras! Never thought about that! They are having a great time, survived the drive (they have a baby who is just a few months older than Luke) and have had good weather! It was great to get just a taste of their trip! I cannot wait to hear all about it next week!

I am also getting close to working on a countdown calendar with the girls.... I am trying to make it two part for each day, so Emily and Hannah can both do something so they don't freak out--- we said after Emily's birthday we would do it (partially it is a count down for me to know that school is going to end.... it is crazy busy right now!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: