Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #271
moparop
DIS Veteran
 
moparop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Metro Cincinnati
Posts: 2,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

Stroller- we will be taking a single stroller for Luke, and renting the double again for the girls. There is no way Hannah can walk it yet, and to get our double stroller on the buses is a nightmare in my mind. I hope to umbrella stroller it with Luke, or take our bigger stroller for him. If I find a good deal on a stroller I might buy something that is lightweight and reclines. Suggestions?
I love our Maclaren stroller. All of them are lightweight, fold and recline easily. the thing I love the most is that they feel like a sturdy stroller. I have had great ordering luck from Albee Baby for strollers. They have free shipping over $100 and get things out very quickly. They also have a lot of earlier year's models that they sell for a song. We have a Volo (which does not recline) that I got for under $100. I think the Quest is the next size up and runs about $150.

BTW... so excited you are planning another trip! I love reading about your family's adventures and living Disney vicariously through you.
__________________
moparop is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 06:30 PM   #272
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran
 
lmillercrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,918

I love the Disney Crocs! I wish my little girl was still little enough to want to wear the princess stuff. She doesn't even ask to go to the Disney Store anymore. But, she can't wait to go to Disney, so I guess that's good.
Your random trip plans sound like my random trip thoughts. I too am driving this year and am looking forward to being able to bring more food than I normally bring in my suitcase.
I can't refer you to any strollers as mine has been out of one for 4 yrs. But, the last time we took her she was almost 6 and we ended up renting a stroller because she just couldn't do it.
__________________



Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
lmillercrew is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #273
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I'm hoping flying works for you. Get there quickly and get home quickly. It's very nice. We drove at Thanksgiving, and traffic was horrible coming home. We didn't get in until the middle of the night/morning, and then I had to drive to Nashville from Huntsville a couple of hours later to go to school that morning. We've already got our July flight. It's nice to know we'll just be there shortly after we leave, but it's even better on the coming home end!

The Easter Bunny is a very wise man. Um, hare.
That will create excitement about the trip and give the girls the anticipation of having money to spend all on their own.

Hoppers will make things very much easier for you.

Time probably will fly as you fill your weeks with softball and swimming fun!

Any planning you do just makes the trip seem that much more real and ever closer.

If you want, I'd be glad to send your kids a postcard from their Disney friends when I go in March. Let me know. I know it will still be a few months out from your trip, but they still might like it.
You are too sweet MeMom.. I will take you up on that! I know they would love it, I think they are getting one this week from their cousins.

I think that the Easter baskets will be practical. I need to look at our packing list and make some of the items we need to buy become their basket treats (sunscreen- Disney perhaps)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
You are right -- I think four months is going to fly by -- I caught myself thinking the same thing yesterday when I realized we are only three and a half months away!

WDW Themed Basket: This sounds like a cute idea -- you will tell us what the Easter Bunny puts in it, right? The Easter Bunny may want to bring one to us, too. I think I am going to do gift cards this year for Chelsea and Connor -- they will be easier to keep up with, I think.

Hoppers: That's the way I am leaning right now, too -- mainly to avoid DHS crowds and also, because I keep thinking we may want to head to MK in the evenings to play.

BBB: I think this is a wise move, and it will be something to look forward to in the future.

Photopass: Have you done a share before? I am wondering if I should do one or not.
I am going to start on their baskets soon... I know for sure some things Luke needs, but the girls I am not sure about.

I love the photopass shares... I enjoy the pics without the crazy price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
You're right, 4 months will fly by. Kid activities especially seem to make life busy and time go faster.

I like the Easter basket too. Are you leaning more towards gift cards than Disney Dollars? My dad sent us a bunch of DD for Christmas which I was thinking of putting in baskets and then converting the rest to gift cards? I don't know.

We weren't planning on hopping this time because of the extra cost for 5 people and the length of time we'll be there, but your thoughts have me reconsidering.

Our church sells Script cards (Disney is one they sell) and so I will do the gift cards. I actually plan to pay for our trip using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Always so much to do and little to no time to do it in....right?!?!?! BUT OH WHAT FUN!!!

Two notes:

On the stroller front, if you are looking for a stroller that is lightweight and can fold up like an umbrella BUT does recline, I HIGHLY recommend the Maclaren. THEY ARE GREAT!!! Sometimes you can find slightly used ones on eBay for really great deals---even if you don't, I think they are worth their money!!! The only ones that don't recline I think are the Volos---but even those are really nice. They fold up like umbrella strollers and even have a shoulder carrying strap---I think the heaviest weighs only about 13lbs. Just an FYI!!! I think Lesley has one too, so I think she would probably agree on the stroller!

BBB---I TOTALLY think that is a good idea to wait until Miss Em is a little older--I am sure they will be just fine even without the "Royal Treatment!"
I am stalking looking for a stroller steal deal. We will see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Four months will fly by! I think spring/early summer goes by quickly anyways, throw in a Disney trip and it really will.

I think you will like the hoppers. I can't imagine not having them. We used our hopping ability quite a bit last trip. I found that going to a different park, even for dinner kept us going and refreshed instead of getting too tired at one park if that makes sense.
I am sure that we will enjoy the chance to park hop and hop to eat where we want. I think it will ease our ADR stresses too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Laura, with your busy life I don't even know how you will find time to pack. The time will indeed fly by
Last year I packed on the sly... this year I will have little helpers who think they can pack with me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I love our Maclaren stroller. All of them are lightweight, fold and recline easily. the thing I love the most is that they feel like a sturdy stroller. I have had great ordering luck from Albee Baby for strollers. They have free shipping over $100 and get things out very quickly. They also have a lot of earlier year's models that they sell for a song. We have a Volo (which does not recline) that I got for under $100. I think the Quest is the next size up and runs about $150.


BTW... so excited you are planning another trip! I love reading about your family's adventures and living Disney vicariously through you.
I was on that website as I read your post!


Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I love the Disney Crocs! I wish my little girl was still little enough to want to wear the princess stuff. She doesn't even ask to go to the Disney Store anymore. But, she can't wait to go to Disney, so I guess that's good.
Your random trip plans sound like my random trip thoughts. I too am driving this year and am looking forward to being able to bring more food than I normally bring in my suitcase.
I can't refer you to any strollers as mine has been out of one for 4 yrs. But, the last time we took her she was almost 6 and we ended up renting a stroller because she just couldn't do it.
I know Hannah would turn into a big mess if we did not have a stroller for her. 7 days is a long time to do the parks on foot!
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #274
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

Just a random question and comment on this Sunday night!


Does anyone have this CD?


This is part of our nightly dinner hour... we get ready for dinner to this CD and listen after dinner too! I love it because it has Soarin' but we have really fallen in love with it! The girls love to dance to the opening of MK song! I hope to find another great Park CD this trip!
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #275
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love
 
KathyRN137's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 7,886

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

Park bag- I dread to think what I will have to take for Luke. I want to take our backpack and probably a bag to always have with me with essentials (camera, tickets). I have a extra large Vera Bradley Backpack that I might use for these essentials instead of my Sleeping Beauty bag from the last two trips. Still thinking about this.

Suggestion:
The girls might be old enough now to carry cute little backpacks or fanny packs. Even if they just carry just a little bit of their own stuff, it will lessen the load of the primary bag!

And, don't forget, there are lockers you can rent!

Kathy

Edited to add: Yes, we have that CD...perhaps the edition that came after the Happiest Celebration promotion...but essentially the same. Love it!
KathyRN137 is offline  
Old 02-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #276
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran
 
wigdoutdismom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Derby, Kansas
Posts: 8,146

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Just a random question and comment on this Sunday night!


Does anyone have this CD?


This is part of our nightly dinner hour... we get ready for dinner to this CD and listen after dinner too! I love it because it has Soarin' but we have really fallen in love with it! The girls love to dance to the opening of MK song! I hope to find another great Park CD this trip!
Does it have parade and wishes music on it too? I would love to have it on my ipod for classroom music. We start each morning with Zip a Dee Do Dah by Aly and AJ, Welcome Back Kotter, then Beautiful Life (John and Kate plus 8) by then they need to have their agenda's filled out and pencils sharpened, I use lots of music cues in my room and would love to have some more park music...
__________________
wigdoutdismom is offline  
Old 02-23-2009, 08:29 AM   #277
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!
 
MegansMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern KY, USA
Posts: 2,898

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Just a random question and comment on this Sunday night!


Does anyone have this CD?


This is part of our nightly dinner hour... we get ready for dinner to this CD and listen after dinner too! I love it because it has Soarin' but we have really fallen in love with it! The girls love to dance to the opening of MK song! I hope to find another great Park CD this trip!
Thanks Laura---now I am beginning to covet your CD ---sounds like a great one!!! I bet if you shut your eyes long enough, you almost feel like you are there!!!!
__________________


June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
MegansMom is offline  
Old 02-23-2009, 10:22 AM   #278
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran
 
DreaGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037

When we went in May (before Blake) we bought our McClaren and I loved it! I can't wait to be able to use that stroller again. It is lightweight, reclines (halfway, but Ava slept fine in it), and folds so easily. Def. worth the money IMO.
__________________

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
DreaGirl is offline  
Old 02-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #279
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post

Suggestion:
The girls might be old enough now to carry cute little backpacks or fanny packs. Even if they just carry just a little bit of their own stuff, it will lessen the load of the primary bag!

And, don't forget, there are lockers you can rent!

Kathy

Edited to add: Yes, we have that CD...perhaps the edition that came after the Happiest Celebration promotion...but essentially the same. Love it!
I doubt my girls would be carrying anything in the heat and in strollers! It is a fun CD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Does it have parade and wishes music on it too? I would love to have it on my ipod for classroom music. We start each morning with Zip a Dee Do Dah by Aly and AJ, Welcome Back Kotter, then Beautiful Life (John and Kate plus 8) by then they need to have their agenda's filled out and pencils sharpened, I use lots of music cues in my room and would love to have some more park music...
This CD doesn't but those would be something I would like too! It has ride pavillion theme music mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Thanks Laura---now I am beginning to covet your CD ---sounds like a great one!!! I bet if you shut your eyes long enough, you almost feel like you are there!!!!
My kitchen never smells as good as the Main Street Bakery.... despite Hannah and my efforts when we made cookies yesterday! But yes I can imagine being there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
When we went in May (before Blake) we bought our McClaren and I loved it! I can't wait to be able to use that stroller again. It is lightweight, reclines (halfway, but Ava slept fine in it), and folds so easily. Def. worth the money IMO.
Which one do you have?
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
Old 02-23-2009, 05:24 PM   #280
Happy Elf
DIS Veteran
 
Happy Elf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,501

Ohh...that CD sounds great! Wish I had that one!

We have a Mac Quest a cute pink one we got for Hannah. We liked it so much we ended up buying a second one for Owen. We are keeping Hannah's just for Disney trips until she is over the weight limit.
__________________
Janell DH-Ben DD-Hannah (9) DS-Owen (5)

Our July 2011 TR: Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN! Our July 2011 PTR: Big Family Fun...Hopefully!
Our 2009 PTR: Twice the Excitement, Twice the Fun Our 2009 TR:Plans Change with a 4 year old!

Honeymoon-Yacht Club July 2001 All Star Movies July 2003 Hannah's First Trip-All Star Movies September 2006 Owen's First Trip-Pop Century June 2009 Our 10 year Anniversary - Caribbean Beach July 2011
Happy Elf is offline  
Old 02-23-2009, 05:44 PM   #281
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran
 
FairyGodmotherJen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,161

We have the soundtrack to the Finding Nemo show in AK (the only thing we did in AK last trip). The kids LOVE it - we have to take a break from whatever we're doing and sing/dance to the Crush song every time. My DSIL also got me the special event music while they were in the MK for MNSSHP (since I was dealing with a sickie and couldn't stop when we were there), and we love that one, too. I get "Boo to You" in my head and can't stop!

On our last trip my two kiddos carried cheap water bottles I got at...Target? Wal-Mart? Meijer???? I can't remember, but I happened across them. They were Tink and Wall-e and had straps to go around their necks. At least I didn't have to schlep along water for them AND everything for my littlest guy (5 mo. at the time). They also had fans they could strap around their necks to keep them cool. Granted, these things were in the basket under the baby's stroller a lot of the time, but it was still one less thing for me and something for them (7 and 4 1/2 at the time) to be responsible for. I'd like to find little fanny packs for them for our 2010 trip. Of course, by then, the baby will be two, so I won't have AS much to be hauling around (just diapers and sippy cups...)
I'll have to check out our church's SCRIP offerings, too...if they have Disney cards, we're set! We'll be sending half the parish to school for free. I love getting tips in these reports...gives me an excuse to read.
__________________
me (Jen) dh: dd ds ds

October 2012 Trip report


FairyGodmotherJen is offline  
Old 02-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #282
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran
 
DreaGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037

For some reason I can't get my photobucket to work. I e-mailed you a snapfish album from that trip that shows the stroller. You can see her rididng and sleeping.

We have this one:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...Name+Secondary

The only thing I don't like about it is the basket is super small, but it seemed like almost all of the umbrella strollers had small baskets. I bought this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...Name+Secondary

And it really helped out! It can carry quite a bit.

My friend has the Volo, which I borrowed one afternoon for the zoo before I got mine. It was nice, but the seat doesn't recline, which as a major bummer when it was time for a rest.
__________________

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.

Last edited by DreaGirl; 02-23-2009 at 06:29 PM.
DreaGirl is offline  
Old 02-23-2009, 08:53 PM   #283
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Ohh...that CD sounds great! Wish I had that one!

We have a Mac Quest a cute pink one we got for Hannah. We liked it so much we ended up buying a second one for Owen. We are keeping Hannah's just for Disney trips until she is over the weight limit.
That stroller has my eye.... just waiting around to see!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
We have the soundtrack to the Finding Nemo show in AK (the only thing we did in AK last trip). The kids LOVE it - we have to take a break from whatever we're doing and sing/dance to the Crush song every time. My DSIL also got me the special event music while they were in the MK for MNSSHP (since I was dealing with a sickie and couldn't stop when we were there), and we love that one, too. I get "Boo to You" in my head and can't stop!

On our last trip my two kiddos carried cheap water bottles I got at...Target? Wal-Mart? Meijer???? I can't remember, but I happened across them. They were Tink and Wall-e and had straps to go around their necks. At least I didn't have to schlep along water for them AND everything for my littlest guy (5 mo. at the time). They also had fans they could strap around their necks to keep them cool. Granted, these things were in the basket under the baby's stroller a lot of the time, but it was still one less thing for me and something for them (7 and 4 1/2 at the time) to be responsible for. I'd like to find little fanny packs for them for our 2010 trip. Of course, by then, the baby will be two, so I won't have AS much to be hauling around (just diapers and sippy cups...)
I'll have to check out our church's SCRIP offerings, too...if they have Disney cards, we're set! We'll be sending half the parish to school for free. I love getting tips in these reports...gives me an excuse to read.
Those CDs sound fun. We have water bottles for the girls too, those would be fun too...
SCRIPS % is not high, but I might as well. Charge it to my Disney Visa, get points and help the church!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
For some reason I can't get my photobucket to work. I e-mailed you a snapfish album from that trip that shows the stroller. You can see her rididng and sleeping.

We have this one:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...Name+Secondary

The only thing I don't like about it is the basket is super small, but it seemed like almost all of the umbrella strollers had small baskets. I bought this:
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...Name+Secondary

And it really helped out! It can carry quite a bit.

My friend has the Volo, which I borrowed one afternoon for the zoo before I got mine. It was nice, but the seat doesn't recline, which as a major bummer when it was time for a rest.
If I get one it has to recline. I can't imagine him sleeping in one that does not. I also think I need to see Luke a bit bigger (ha I know he is huge) and see him on some outside stroller adventures. We have not had much outside time... soon though, soon! Zoo days and Kings Island---- I am ready for spring!
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
Old 02-24-2009, 03:50 AM   #284
MeMom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 15,000

We have about every Disney CD that exists, and we love them all! We have the Grestest Hits ones (red, green, purple), and I'm ready for them to make more of those. We have the Disney Classics set of five CDs, which is awesome. We also have all the park music that we've seen available.

The one that can really make you feel like you are right there is the Animal Kingdom one. If you listen to that on a steamy hot summer day right after an afternoon rainfall, you can really feel like you are right in the middle of Animal Kingdom!

The SpectroMagic CD has just about the perfect timing for me to drive from school to home, so on particularly crazy days, which seem to come more and more often, I get in the car, crank that up, and sit on the curb and watch the parade as I drive home. Depending on traffic, it ends somewhere between when I turn onto my street and when I turn into my driveway, so it is a perfect way to detox from school and be in a good frame of mind for home.
__________________
So Much to Celebrate http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066162
I Don't Know, I Don't Speak Wind http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2962147
All I want for Christmas http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2860915
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678


We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
MeMom is offline  
Old 02-24-2009, 07:10 PM   #285
IluvXU
DIS Veteran
 
IluvXU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,472

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
We have about every Disney CD that exists, and we love them all! We have the Grestest Hits ones (red, green, purple), and I'm ready for them to make more of those. We have the Disney Classics set of five CDs, which is awesome. We also have all the park music that we've seen available.

The one that can really make you feel like you are right there is the Animal Kingdom one. If you listen to that on a steamy hot summer day right after an afternoon rainfall, you can really feel like you are right in the middle of Animal Kingdom!

The SpectroMagic CD has just about the perfect timing for me to drive from school to home, so on particularly crazy days, which seem to come more and more often, I get in the car, crank that up, and sit on the curb and watch the parade as I drive home. Depending on traffic, it ends somewhere between when I turn onto my street and when I turn into my driveway, so it is a perfect way to detox from school and be in a good frame of mind for home.
I think the SpectroMagic CD is my next big purchase! That sounds great!
__________________
IluvXU is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: