Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #211
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I am in the exact same predicament, Laura! Only I think I want hoppers to avoid Fantasmic and EMH. I am waiting though -- it is always something we can add at the very last minute -- even after we arrive down there.

I have my fingers crossed that June hours along with EMH and nighttime shows are released before March 8.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:31 AM   #212
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Sorry about the strep. I hope it does not mess up preschool valentine party- I know Hannah has sorted hers 3 million times. for Megan!
She can not go to school today, so she is going to miss her party.....MUCH to Megan's detriment!!!!! Luckily, I carpool with a good friend of mine who has a son in her class, and she has graciously offered to pick up Megan's box and valentines and take them into the party for her, and then bring them back after school so she can enjoy them this weekend! She's the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
To hop or not?

Right away I said no to my parents, who have always had hoppers. Up until last trip we DH and I had also hopped. But I was fine with not doing it this trip, but now....

I cannot believe this, but I am really considering buying hoppers this trip. I finally have kids that would see Fantasmic, but I hate the new schedule and don't want to spend my HS day in a huge crowd. Also with seven days we probably would enjoy the chance to hop... we could hit HS, EPCOT and AK all a bit more than one day. I think this would be the best way for us to see what we want and not tour commando style. Plus if we wanted to split up with hoppers it might actually work. I sure want to see the AK parade, Fantasmic, and without a hopper I worry it won't happen. Any advice thoughts.

I sure want June hours out and TGM to get his days done.... come on March!
We are dealing with the exact same issue---can't figure out whether or not they would be used by us!!! What is the new Fantasmic schedule? I heard they were limiting the shows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I am in the exact same predicament, Laura! Only I think I want hoppers to avoid Fantasmic and EMH. I am waiting though -- it is always something we can add at the very last minute -- even after we arrive down there.

I have my fingers crossed that June hours along with EMH and nighttime shows are released before March 8.
This is SUCH a hard decision.....I know in the grand scheme of things it isn't much, but it feels like a lot if we don't use it!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2009, 09:11 AM   #213
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

This is always a big debate for us.

Our first trip, we didn't have hoppers and we were fine. Second trip, had the hoppers, loved it. We loved being able to pick and choose things we wanted to see and not spend a whole day at a park (like MGM).

This last trip we didn't have hoppers and we hated it! We are def. a hopper family now!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 02-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #214
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post
HI there Laura... Hope everyone is feeling better..

We got hoppers last year and we only used them 2x all week.. however it was so nice to know we could hop if we wanted to... I think one of the reasons we didn't hop as much is b/c we discovered how many rides we could do in the PM when we saved our FP and child swaps through out the day to use at night.. which would only work if we were coming back to the same park... It is a hard decision, but it is nice to have that flexiablity especially if you are going to be on the DDP which I think you said you are...
I doubt we would hop MK days... but we could keep the childswap passes for nights we did not have FPs to use...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
How funny, Ed and I were having the PH debate, too!

We always get PHs, but this year I suggested the MYW Base tickets because I thought it would be a good way to save a little money. He didn't want to give up the flexibility. Then, I did the actual breakdown:

7 day MYW PH (no exp) X 4 = $1652.88
7 day MYW base (no exp) X 4 = $1439.88

Total savings = $213.00

In the grand scheme of things, I didn't think it was worth $213 to give up the flexibility of park hopping, so we're going to stick with the PHs.

Kathy
Leaning that way... it is not that much, especially for seven days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post

I need that info now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
She can not go to school today, so she is going to miss her party.....MUCH to Megan's detriment!!!!! Luckily, I carpool with a good friend of mine who has a son in her class, and she has graciously offered to pick up Megan's box and valentines and take them into the party for her, and then bring them back after school so she can enjoy them this weekend! She's the best!

We are dealing with the exact same issue---can't figure out whether or not they would be used by us!!! What is the new Fantasmic schedule? I heard they were limiting the shows.

This is SUCH a hard decision.....I know in the grand scheme of things it isn't much, but it feels like a lot if we don't use it!
My mom said today to do it, granted she is talking about 100 dollars to do it versus our 200 dollars. That also would allow for short trips with some of the gang.... like maybe a trip with just one kid, which would be fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
This is always a big debate for us.

Our first trip, we didn't have hoppers and we were fine. Second trip, had the hoppers, loved it. We loved being able to pick and choose things we wanted to see and not spend a whole day at a park (like MGM).

This last trip we didn't have hoppers and we hated it! We are def. a hopper family now!
I think it is fun to have the chance to change it up!

So from all my friends... it is leaning to be a yes from your input and I lean to agree! DH just rolled his eyes when I mentioned this at dinner! I should have said just buy me APs and we would not have to worry - someday! (he has said we should some year do it- go in Aug, then a June trip (and fit a short one in between) I for sure am on board... but it is not in the budget now!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #215
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Hi Laura! I hope you and Emily are doing well! I would definitely go for the hoppers! But like another poster said, you could wait till the last minute to add them especially, if you don't like Mike's days once he comes out with them! Happy Valentines Day!
Old 02-14-2009, 10:40 AM   #216
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Hey just wondering if you or anyone knows anything about stroller swaps. We really need a double stroller for May 9 to 16th, but they all look full. Was just wondering about buying one and doing a swap. Thanks for any advice!

Old 02-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #217
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Laura, Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family! Hoping you all are feeling well and able to enjoy the day!

PSSSST: I'm attempting a pre-trip report and would be honored if you would join me......since you are partially to blame for my addiction to the dis..........
Old 02-14-2009, 11:20 AM   #218
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

I like the idea of a AP, think of it as an investment for your next Disney trip.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 02-14-2009, 12:21 PM   #219
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Happy thought= annual passes for the whole family!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:30 PM   #220
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Hi Laura! I hope you and Emily are doing well! I would definitely go for the hoppers! But like another poster said, you could wait till the last minute to add them especially, if you don't like Mike's days once he comes out with them! Happy Valentines Day!
I am a bit worried about TGM-- his best days for the second half of May are not out- I think we will be getting them... but as you said we might wait until arrival! Hope you had fun this weekend on your mini-trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
Hey just wondering if you or anyone knows anything about stroller swaps. We really need a double stroller for May 9 to 16th, but they all look full. Was just wondering about buying one and doing a swap. Thanks for any advice!
I fork out the $$ for the rental, and probably will need a stroller for Luke, but I am not worrying about that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Laura, Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family! Hoping you all are feeling well and able to enjoy the day!

PSSSST: I'm attempting a pre-trip report and would be honored if you would join me......since you are partially to blame for my addiction to the dis..........
I will be over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
I like the idea of a AP, think of it as an investment for your next Disney trip.
Someday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Happy thought= annual passes for the whole family!
Someday!
Old 02-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #221
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #223
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

LOOK AT LUKE'S FAT LITTLE FACE!!!! he's so precious! and of course the girls are, too. em's eye doesn't look like there's anything wrong. hope she's feeling better.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #224
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

The girls and Luke are growing so fast. You have an adorable family.
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 02-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #225
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I love that picture. How precious! I just love the baby no neck phase. Your kids are darling.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: