Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2009, 05:48 PM   #2146
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Summer 2010 plans

At this point we are booked for a studio, Savannah view at Kidani Village from June 13-20th. I doubt we keep this entire reservation. Our plan is to stay at Vero Beach for probably 5 nights first and then go to WDW and stay somewhere for three nights. The somewhere at WDW changes daily- we will be booking a studio. Our WDW plans are to be lazy... swim, DTD, a character meal somewhere, perhaps the Campfire at Ft. Wilderness one night and to partake in the resort we stay at activities. I think we can actually be busy without hitting the theme parks at all.

The top resorts we are considering are:

The Beach Club- Stormalong Bay would be awesome to stay and really enjoy since we are not planning to go to the parks this trip.

The Boardwalk- again a fun place none of us have stayed before.

AKL or Kidani- I keep being drawn back to staying there like our original reservations. I am certain those two resorts would have plenty to keep us busy!

We have until November for our 7 month window to open up to decide our vacation plans, so I figure things will change .....

We have plenty of points to use next summer, but would like to try to save points and go for a studio, since Luke does not count. However a 1 bedroom is awfully tempting

Our dates are also based on me not having a ton of snowdays to make up, here is hoping we have a mild winter with less than 5 days off.

Who knows maybe we can have some DIS meets next summer, that would be fun.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:56 PM   #2147
lthiesfeld07
Mouseketeer

Sounds like a great plan! However, I can't imagine going to WDW without going to the parks!!
But since you're not going to the parks, I think AKL or The Beach Club would be an excellent choice for your kids! (esp. AKL with the Savannah View!)
1997- Dixie Landings * 2002- ASMo * Aug 2011- Off-site Jan 2012- CBR * April 2012- OKW *June 2012- ASMu *September 2012- Pop/Kidani *March 2013- ASMu/Kidani *July 2013 AEP- CSR/Contemporary *October 2013- ASMu/Contemporary *December 2013- POR June 2014 Engagement Trip- AKL-Jambo

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2009, 07:06 PM   #2148
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I like your plans for next summer! I know that wherever you end up staying and whatever you end up doing, you will have a blast!!!
Old 08-31-2009, 09:00 AM   #2149
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Those all look like fabulous choices. You know what my vote would be, BC is , but AKL looks wonderful too. You're going to have a marvelous vacation, and I'll be praying for a milder winter. You guys got hit hard last winter!!
Old 08-31-2009, 12:06 PM   #2150
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

I like your plans for next summer.....they sound SO relaxing!!!! What made you decide to do no parks?

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 08-31-2009, 12:10 PM   #2151
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

My vote is either BC or AKV.

I say BC because of Stormalong Bay. Your kids love to swim and there is so much to do at the Boardwalk.

On the other hand, AKV has so many activities through the day and Kidani has that awesome water area.

That's a tough choice!

I was looking into Vero Beach for us next summer. It looks SO nice!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:40 PM   #2152
jillyb
DIS Veteran

You can't go wrong with either BC or AKL! I've only read one TR with details on Vero Beach so it will be interesting to hear how ya'll liked it. I think that would be a nice vacation.

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 08-31-2009, 03:47 PM   #2153
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hey these are great plans!! YAY! Looks like a a fun relaxing Disney vacation! I have head so many positive things about Vero Beach, btw!!! So a great choice!!! November will come soon enough!!! A few days at a Disney resort is definitely a great vacation plus as well! So I am sure whatever it turns out to be you will have a wonderful time! I really enjoyed reading your "Top 10" list -- it was fun recalling those moments that you had with your family. I really enjoyed your TR!!

Here's to NO snow days!!! (or at least not as many!!!! )

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 08-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #2154
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Darn it! We will miss you by a mere 3 days! Now my scheming mind is at work.....
I think you all would have a blast at Beach Club with SAB and the Boardwalk in such short walking distance!
BUT.......
We haven't stayed at Kidani yet and I have heard the most wonderful comments about that pool and the resort activities!

You all would have a great time no matter where you stay and you have such awesome choices!
Old 08-31-2009, 06:36 PM   #2155
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Such fun plans. Maybe do a spilit stay and check out 2 of them??
Old 08-31-2009, 06:56 PM   #2156
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

I think your plans for next summer are awesome! Personally, I'd stay at Beach or Yacht club. I think your family would LOVE Stormalong Beach and would really get your DVC points worth there.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:23 PM   #2157
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lthiesfeld07 View Post
Sounds like a great plan! However, I can't imagine going to WDW without going to the parks!!
But since you're not going to the parks, I think AKL or The Beach Club would be an excellent choice for your kids! (esp. AKL with the Savannah View!)
I am allowing DH to have his vacation. We have been to WDW three years in a row, planned mostly by me. The 7 days straight of parks did him and honestly me in last year. I need a more leisurely trip, and honestly I can enjoy Disney sans the parks. Then I can get a lot of park time the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
I like your plans for next summer! I know that wherever you end up staying and whatever you end up doing, you will have a blast!!!
I totally agree. Any of the DVC hotels would be a new experience, so I know we would love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Those all look like fabulous choices. You know what my vote would be, BC is , but AKL looks wonderful too. You're going to have a marvelous vacation, and I'll be praying for a milder winter. You guys got hit hard last winter!!
BC is #1 choice, but I am not sure we can get that lucky to get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
I like your plans for next summer.....they sound SO relaxing!!!! What made you decide to do no parks?
This year with three kids, seven days was a lot, especially with the heat. I want a more relaxing trip, and Luke at almost three could experience a lot more than at almost two. Next year he will still be in need of naps, etc. We won't be at WDW that many days either, so I think the ticket costs would be crazy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
My vote is either BC or AKV.

I say BC because of Stormalong Bay. Your kids love to swim and there is so much to do at the Boardwalk.

On the other hand, AKV has so many activities through the day and Kidani has that awesome water area.

That's a tough choice!

I was looking into Vero Beach for us next summer. It looks SO nice!
Maybe you should come to Vero when we are there..... that would be super fun! Our kids would have fun together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
You can't go wrong with either BC or AKL! I've only read one TR with details on Vero Beach so it will be interesting to hear how ya'll liked it. I think that would be a nice vacation.

I am always scanning DVC posts on Vero Beach... I cannot wait to relax at the beach. We have not been since Hannah was almost three so it will be fun to see the kids in the ocean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey these are great plans!! YAY! Looks like a a fun relaxing Disney vacation! I have head so many positive things about Vero Beach, btw!!! So a great choice!!! November will come soon enough!!! A few days at a Disney resort is definitely a great vacation plus as well! So I am sure whatever it turns out to be you will have a wonderful time! I really enjoyed reading your "Top 10" list -- it was fun recalling those moments that you had with your family. I really enjoyed your TR!!

Here's to NO snow days!!! (or at least not as many!!!! )
I can get a Disney fix without visiting the parks. We did a 5 day trip one spring break and only hit MK one day... and were totally busy and had a blast at POR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Darn it! We will miss you by a mere 3 days! Now my scheming mind is at work.....
I think you all would have a blast at Beach Club with SAB and the Boardwalk in such short walking distance!
BUT.......
We haven't stayed at Kidani yet and I have heard the most wonderful comments about that pool and the resort activities!

You all would have a great time no matter where you stay and you have such awesome choices!
You are kidding me... three days, that is even with you staying a few after the cruise or not? I am afraid we cannot get there earlier than that ...but I am scheming too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Such fun plans. Maybe do a spilit stay and check out 2 of them??
DH said no. Vero and one Disney Resort. (to be honest packing and moving three times with three kids makes my head hurt thinking about it). But I honestly am packing light- swimsuits and not much else and I can do free laundry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
I think your plans for next summer are awesome! Personally, I'd stay at Beach or Yacht club. I think your family would LOVE Stormalong Beach and would really get your DVC points worth there.
BC would be fun while we fit in a studio... and perhaps we could pool hop to the Boardwalk. I would love a vacation of just pool hopping and ranking the pools!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 AM   #2158
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Your plans sound really great - we hope to take a trip sometime as well where we just take advantage of all the actitivies outside of the theme parks. There is SO much to do! The Beach Club looks amazing, and I bet your girls would LOVE that pool! : From what I know about AKL, there are a ton of activites at the resort, both "houses" have a huge list of things going on everyday from cookie decorating, to culinary tours.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 09-01-2009, 09:17 AM   #2159
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Don't tempt me!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #2160
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Your plans sound really great - we hope to take a trip sometime as well where we just take advantage of all the actitivies outside of the theme parks. There is SO much to do! The Beach Club looks amazing, and I bet your girls would LOVE that pool! : From what I know about AKL, there are a ton of activites at the resort, both "houses" have a huge list of things going on everyday from cookie decorating, to culinary tours.
There are days when I say stay at AKV, don't try to move, but then other days I say we will be a one bedroom at AKV soon enough....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Don't tempt me!
Me enable... never!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: