Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #2131
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Get some rest this weekend, Laura!!!

Looking forward to reading your top ten and plans for next year!
Old 08-29-2009, 11:41 AM   #2132
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

The Top Ten from our 2009 Trip

Again in no particular order!

1) Empty Main Street and Breakfast at Crystal Palace

It was so nice to see Main Street pretty empty that morning, get our castle pictures before we were all sweaty and to have a yummy breakfast to top it off. I think the Crystal Palace is the most beautiful restaurant and really loved watching the masses scramble at Rope Drop while we relaxed and finished our breakfast.

2) Luke's kiss from Snow White

That was just too sweet. She was a fantastic Snow White, tons better than the one at EPCOT. He just loves the ladies, and the ladies love him.

3) Expedition Everest with Hannah. I still am in shock at how much she loved this ride. I wish we could have ridden it more! What a big girl she has become, and I hope we can get her on Space Mountain and ToT next trip.

4) Joining DVC

I never thought we would do it this summer (hoped to eventually) but we are excited to see what adventures lie ahead for us as Disney Vacation Club Members.

5) The Contemporary

We all fell in love with this resort and its location, room size and activities. The pool area was nice, and it should be even better soon. Jumping on the monorail was a treat and I hope we stay at BLT someday.

6) Luke's first ears

It was fun to make and even more fun to see him in them. I hope he loves Disney the way the girls do!

7) Emily's greeting of Ariel at CRT

Emily loves Ariel at Disney and her oh my oh my oh my reaction to seeing her in the blue dress headed to our table was pure sweet! And Ariel hearing her and saying it back to her was magic.

8) My parents seeing the girl's react first hand to WDW

I can still see the look on my parents faces as they watched the girls go crazy about the princesses at EPCOT on that first day. I am so fortunate they got to share this special trip with us and hope that they are here for lots more Disney trips.

9) New Attractions we experienced

Toy Story Mania, Finding Nemo the Musical, Jammin' Jungle Parade, American Idol all added so much to our trip! We love how each trip there are new things to do, and those three exceeded our expectations! Toy Story Mania actually is probably a top five ride of mine now... and I need to try that new game out --- hope my neighbors get it!

10) Breakfast at O' Hana's

It was such a great meal, it did not disappoint. It was a fun atmosphere and really set a great tone for the trip. I am glad we finally made it there!

Last edited by IluvXU; 08-29-2009 at 11:57 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2009, 11:58 AM   #2133
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

I will post our plans later for next summer...
Old 08-29-2009, 01:27 PM   #2134
MeMom
DIS Veteran

That's an awesome Top Ten.
So many wonderful memories to treasure forever!

If you, wigd, or anybody else is there at the very end of June next year, we may get to meet up, because it looks like we'll be going sometime the last week of June and staying through about the 6th of July. CP says she's ditching Disney next year and doing something different, but I guess there's a chance she may change her mind.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:34 PM   #2135
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Quote:
I agree, your top ten is marvelous! I love the fact that your parents were along to experience the magic with you!

Quote:
If you, wigd, or anybody else is there at the very end of June next year, we may get to meet up, because it looks like we'll be going sometime the last week of June and staying through about the 6th of July. CP says she's ditching Disney next year and doing something different, but I guess there's a chance she may change her mind.
It would be the best birthday present ever for me if Marc would turn around and take me back for the 5th of July for my birthday. We did something like that in 2008, but went back later in July......
Old 08-29-2009, 02:49 PM   #2136
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

What great reflection on your trip. It just reminds us of what a great time you had with many firsts!
I have a question about DVC. So, as a member, you pay your $$ and then when you want to book your vacation, you don't have to pay for your room because you've already paid? Is that how it works?

Me DH, DD15 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014
Old 08-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #2137
DisneyJo
TGJ
Lost another competition
It's absolute bliss

Just read your whole TR and it was fabulous

Your girls have grown so much since your last trip and wow Luke looks so much like Emily, so cute

Congrats on your DVC purchase, I'm sure you will make good use of it and have many happy trips ahead of you

Oh I noticed I have the same shorts as you, the brown ones you wore to 'Ohana, I bought them in America last year
Old 08-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #2138
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Gee, you and me both Ma'am, I too am trying to wrap up my TR!!! Gotta get started on the new one!!! SOOOOO I will keep looking for yours and you keep looking for mine!! Glad to hear the party was a success and that the first week of the school year is going off well...

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 08-29-2009, 09:33 PM   #2139
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

You had some very magical moments on your trip this summer!!! I enjoyed rereading and remembering them with your list!
Old 08-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #2140
micandminforever
DIS Veteran

Great top ten list, each was truly a magical memory. I am looking forward to your plans for next year. Your trips are a fun read.

Reading everyone's comments about starting back to school almost make me miss not teaching(I said almost).
One day trips with Family 1972,1973, 1976, Honeymoon off site June 1985, Off site June 1986, Off site June 1989, Grand Floridian June 1992, Wilderness Lodge June 1995, Dixie Landing(POR) April 1997, Hilton at Downtown Disney April 2000, Beach Club June 2003, POFQ June 2005, Pop Century Dec. 2005, Pop Century Jan. 2006, Pop Century Sept. 2007, POFQ Jan. 2009, Pop Century Sept 2009, BLT 25th Anniversary Trip June 2010, CBR March 2011, PORS Sept. 2012, Pop Century Jan. 2013
Old 08-29-2009, 10:57 PM   #2141
jillyb
DIS Veteran

Loved the top ten and can't wait to hear your plans for next year!

June 2008 @ Pop Century
Thanksgiving 2010 @ Pop Century

Will We Stay or Will We Go - Thanksgiving Pre Trip/Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2413919

It's Going to be a Capitol Vacation! Washington, D.C. August 13-18, 2009 Pre-Trip/Trip Report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...1#post32476006
Old 08-29-2009, 11:06 PM   #2142
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Great Top Ten! : You really had such a great trip. Looking forward to hearing about your next trip.

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:42 AM   #2143
moparop
DIS Veteran

That top ten list is awesome! I love how many little moments are on the list. Those are the things that stick with me too!
Old 08-30-2009, 05:03 PM   #2144
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

GREAT list Laura! I can't believe Luke is 1 already!! We loved Ohana breakfast too! So happy that you got to enjoy all your moments with your parents, how memorable! So excited to hear your summer plans and how you are "playing" with your DVC points!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #2145
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Get some rest this weekend, Laura!!!

Looking forward to reading your top ten and plans for next year!
It is fall like here today and we had a fun weekend. I am ready to face a five day week.

Quote:
I understand completely! It took me awhile to readjust to the school routine this year! Hang in there -- it will get less crazy!
Last week I worked four days, two of which were all day. Five half days will be easier I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Love those suits! I need to get to the Disney store soon.

So...when is the next trip?
I thought of you when I was at the Disney store...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Can't wait to read the top ten and all about your plans, but I'm going to go back to bed and get some sleep.....
I got some sleep this weekend, so I should not drag too much this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post

I am afraid we are going to miss you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
It would be the best birthday present ever for me if Marc would turn around and take me back for the 5th of July for my birthday. We did something like that in 2008, but went back later in July......
And miss you too..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
What great reflection on your trip. It just reminds us of what a great time you had with many firsts!
I have a question about DVC. So, as a member, you pay your $$ and then when you want to book your vacation, you don't have to pay for your room because you've already paid? Is that how it works?
Somewhat like that, once you buy all you have is your dues, which is less than your hotel room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyJo View Post
Just read your whole TR and it was fabulous

Your girls have grown so much since your last trip and wow Luke looks so much like Emily, so cute

Congrats on your DVC purchase, I'm sure you will make good use of it and have many happy trips ahead of you

Oh I noticed I have the same shorts as you, the brown ones you wore to 'Ohana, I bought them in America last year
Thanks Jo! I hope you have a report this winter for your December trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Gee, you and me both Ma'am, I too am trying to wrap up my TR!!! Gotta get started on the new one!!! SOOOOO I will keep looking for yours and you keep looking for mine!! Glad to hear the party was a success and that the first week of the school year is going off well...
I am not sure about a report ... but I will be on board for yours.

Quote:
You had some very magical moments on your trip this summer!!! I enjoyed rereading and remembering them with your list!
Thanks Jackie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
Great top ten list, each was truly a magical memory. I am looking forward to your plans for next year. Your trips are a fun read.

Reading everyone's comments about starting back to school almost make me miss not teaching(I said almost).
Back to school is exhausting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyb View Post
Loved the top ten and can't wait to hear your plans for next year!
Coming ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Great Top Ten! : You really had such a great trip. Looking forward to hearing about your next trip.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
That top ten list is awesome! I love how many little moments are on the list. Those are the things that stick with me too!
It was a lot of little things that were magical to me this trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
GREAT list Laura! I can't believe Luke is 1 already!! We loved Ohana breakfast too! So happy that you got to enjoy all your moments with your parents, how memorable! So excited to hear your summer plans and how you are "playing" with your DVC points!!!
I think our plans will be evolving for next summer...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: