Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2009, 09:19 PM   #2116
Happydog
DIS Veteran

Hey!! I love the swim suits!!! TOO TOO cute! AND your bag!! Speaking of bags, mine is nothing glamorous!!! It is that $8.00 red plastic all purpose shopping bag, but it is the one with the "celebration theme" I have one from 2005 -- which I love, so I HAD to get another I will post a pic to close my TR!! Hope tomorrow's Bday is a success!!!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani *
February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '11 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise *
Old 08-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #2117
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

I bet Emily was beside herself over that new Daisy bathing suit!

Love the red bag! Did they have the Halloween bags as well?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #2118
lmillercrew
DIS Veteran

Great shopping finds!

Me DH, DD20, DS18, DD12 Family 1982, 1989 HS choir trip, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2011, 2012
Old 08-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #2119
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Good stuff!!!!! I bet the girls were so excited about their new suits!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 08-23-2009, 12:32 PM   #2120
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the shopping pics! Love the new bag! Can't wait to see the kids in their new suits next summer in your (ahem) trip report.....
Old 08-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #2121
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Glad you got to have a little Disney in your day. I have the red Mickey bag. Cheap Disney bags, even when filled with Math papers or things to fill out for the office, can bring happiness into one's school day.

Hope party day is/was wonderful!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:09 PM   #2122
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
So when do you get your students? Do you have numbers yet?
I have twenty four students. Open house is tomorrow, nothing Tuesday and they come for the first day Wed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Um, I am pretty sure you HAVE to TR your summer trip at the very least!
We will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Great recap! It's amazing how each trip is VERY different isn't it? I think that will be the case until all children are grown adults...then we'll probably be taking their kids!

I agree with everyone-you gotta do a TR for your upcoming trip!
It is crazy how much the kids have changed over the past three years as I look at our pics... and it keeps going faster and faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Thank you for your final thoughts about your trip. Sometimes, that's when I learn the most about what/what not to do on our trips.
I've enjoyed seeing your children grow, between this trip and your last trip, but not in a creepy sorta way. It'll be fun to see Luke start to enjoy your trips. Gotta love the DIS!!!
Hope your transition back to school goes smoothly and that you have nice kids in your class. (you are a teacher, right?)
I just hope this week goes smoothly. The first week is exhausting, and I wonder how it will be with Hannah going everyday too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
Hey!! I love the swim suits!!! TOO TOO cute! AND your bag!! Speaking of bags, mine is nothing glamorous!!! It is that $8.00 red plastic all purpose shopping bag, but it is the one with the "celebration theme" I have one from 2005 -- which I love, so I HAD to get another I will post a pic to close my TR!! Hope tomorrow's Bday is a success!!!!
I think I know what bag you mean. I have it too and use it a ton for the pool.

Quote:
I bet Emily was beside herself over that new Daisy bathing suit!

Love the red bag! Did they have the Halloween bags as well?
I wanted the Halloween bag... but decided I did not need it- although I am regretting it now.

She was excited. She wanted to wear it that night, but it is for next summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
Great shopping finds!
I wish the Disney store was closer--- it is just not a quick trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Good stuff!!!!! I bet the girls were so excited about their new suits!
Yep... Hannah wanted something and walked out empty handed, so I am not sure what she was hoping to buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Thanks for the shopping pics! Love the new bag! Can't wait to see the kids in their new suits next summer in your (ahem) trip report.....
We will see... I just doubt it will be very exciting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Glad you got to have a little Disney in your day. I have the red Mickey bag. Cheap Disney bags, even when filled with Math papers or things to fill out for the office, can bring happiness into one's school day.

Hope party day is/was wonderful!

It is holding the treat bags right now. The Halloween bags would have been perfect for distributing candy I realized last night. So now I am a bit sad I did not get one.
Old 08-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #2123
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Cute suits and bag! I have an XS Mickey tiki suit which I love that I'm still waiting for Ian to grow into. Maybe next summer. Was Hannah looking for HSM clothes? Or other goodies?

Hope the party goes well.
Old 08-23-2009, 08:07 PM   #2124
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Cute suits!! I do love the Disney store...it's the one store I MUST go in every time we get to the mall. We're lucky to have one so close, I know. DH and I are always scouting out bargains for the next trip. I have that Mickey bag as well - it worked well as a tutoring bag/lake bag this summer. It's a multi-purpose thing. Do you think you could get the Halloween bag online? Sometimes you can find free shipping on different websites if you google "free shipping (name of store). It works with Kohl's, though I've never tried it with Disney. It'd be worth a try to save you the trip, though.

Good luck this week!! Hope the party went well!

October 2012 Trip report

Old 08-23-2009, 09:00 PM   #2125
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

How was the party today?
Old 08-24-2009, 10:44 PM   #2126
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Cute suits and bag! I have an XS Mickey tiki suit which I love that I'm still waiting for Ian to grow into. Maybe next summer. Was Hannah looking for HSM clothes? Or other goodies?

Hope the party goes well.
She wanted HS stuff. Not sure what. Clothing they had, but it was very discrete HSM stuff, so she did not want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyGodmotherJen View Post
Cute suits!! I do love the Disney store...it's the one store I MUST go in every time we get to the mall. We're lucky to have one so close, I know. DH and I are always scouting out bargains for the next trip. I have that Mickey bag as well - it worked well as a tutoring bag/lake bag this summer. It's a multi-purpose thing. Do you think you could get the Halloween bag online? Sometimes you can find free shipping on different websites if you google "free shipping (name of store). It works with Kohl's, though I've never tried it with Disney. It'd be worth a try to save you the trip, though.

Good luck this week!! Hope the party went well!
I looked for the bag online. I don't need it, and could have my mother in law swing in and get one if I decide otherwise.

Quote:
How was the party today?
The party was great. I am trying to organize pics to send out to family, finish the zillion school things for Wednesday and enjoy the last hours of freedom with the kids, and get Hannah on a better routine for school nights. All of which I am not accomplishing much. I will get the top ten done. I am not promising the next few days though... school is just wiping me out!
Old 08-25-2009, 05:08 AM   #2127
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
The party was great. I am trying to organize pics to send out to family, finish the zillion school things for Wednesday and enjoy the last hours of freedom with the kids, and get Hannah on a better routine for school nights. All of which I am not accomplishing much. I will get the top ten done. I am not promising the next few days though... school is just wiping me out!
I understand completely! It took me awhile to readjust to the school routine this year! Hang in there -- it will get less crazy!
Old 08-26-2009, 10:18 AM   #2128
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Love those suits! I need to get to the Disney store soon.

So...when is the next trip?

Drea, DH, DD 6 y.o., DS 4 y.o.

October 2007-POFQ,May 2008- Wilderness Lodge,November 2008 - Free Dining @ POP,October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort, May 2010 - Pop Century, November/December 2010 - CBR,, Leap Year Trip!-POP!
Old 08-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #2129
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

TGIF! So glad that the first three days with students are over, along with the two professional days. Three full days was not easy for my mom, my kids or myself. I will post the top ten tomorrow and our 2010 trip plans.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:40 AM   #2130
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
TGIF! So glad that the first three days with students are over, along with the two professional days. Three full days was not easy for my mom, my kids or myself. I will post the top ten tomorrow and our 2010 trip plans.
Can't wait to read the top ten and all about your plans, but I'm going to go back to bed and get some sleep.....

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: