Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #2026
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

I love that Hannah has a Zac Efron shirt! Reminds me of my New Kids on the Block days.

Sorry it rained the entire night! That really stinks.

AKV sounds so beautiful!! We love AKL too, so unique!

I can't believe your last park day is coming up. Can't wait to hear about your date at the Castle!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:27 AM   #2027
moparop
DIS Veteran

I cannot get over how much older Hannah looks in her HSM shirt. Did she grow up that AM? Sounds like a fun night, in spite of skipping Fantasmic!
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #2028
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I cannot get over how much older Hannah looks in her HSM shirt. Did she grow up that AM? Sounds like a fun night, in spite of skipping Fantasmic!
I think when you have a baby you notice their changes, but for me I am really amazed at how she has changed of late. She is a little girl, ready for school, and for the most part really good to be around. Her whiny stage is much less, she was great at Disney. Em is a stinker, but not a whiner, which is funny. They are very different, but then again they are alike in some ways too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
I love that Hannah has a Zac Efron shirt! Reminds me of my New Kids on the Block days.

Sorry it rained the entire night! That really stinks.

AKV sounds so beautiful!! We love AKL too, so unique!

I can't believe your last park day is coming up. Can't wait to hear about your date at the Castle!
I was scrapbooking the castle last night... it was fun. Not as fun as the first meal there, just because they had been there. I think that is what I love, trying new meals to awe the crowd.

The Zac shirt is not my favorite. I like her red HSM much better, as does she. My mother in law got her that when I sent her to the Disney store for me to find at HSM shirt, she got both but Hannah is not into him, rather she likes the girls, like Sharpay, which Emily does not like because she is not nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
I love the picture of your DH and Luke, both in light blue stripes!!

AKL is really wonderful, I keep going back there and we are all set to book it for January again!
I am so excited for AKL/AKV. Infact we are changing our plan somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
You said exactly what I have been thinking....that DHS is now PACKED on Fantasmic nights......but Tom is SO sold on the idea that he wants to take Megs.......so I guess we will be juggling crowds!!! UGH!!! Maybe in September it won't be as bad???? What do you think???
I would just get there early at RD and maximize FPs. It can't be as busy in Sept, but it will be crazier than a non Fantasmic day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
We have a 2 br savannah view in December. I need to get online and see if we need to request any specific area for certain animals. I would sure like to wake up to giraffes!
That is so awesome Anita.... is there room for one more
Old 08-07-2009, 11:28 PM   #2029
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

Awww! So adorable!

Laura, you're really adding to my anticipation of Le Cellier with that dinner description!! (We've never been!)

Ah, a free day coming up!! I got smart and started adding those to our itinerary and they are really therapeutic, let me tell you!!

Can't wait to read about yours!

Kathy
Old 08-08-2009, 02:34 AM   #2030
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

WOW!! I'm all caught up!! The AI show sounds soooo much fun!! Wish we would have done that now! And congrats on DVC!! That is sooo exciting!! I can't believe you're almost done with your TR!!
Old 08-09-2009, 01:28 AM   #2031
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Awww! So adorable!

Laura, you're really adding to my anticipation of Le Cellier with that dinner description!! (We've never been!)

Ah, a free day coming up!! I got smart and started adding those to our itinerary and they are really therapeutic, let me tell you!!

Can't wait to read about yours!

Kathy
LeCellier did not disappoint. It was yummy, despite having ate a ton of food that morning!

Free days or down time is essential. We need a day or so off after two park days for sure... we learned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
WOW!! I'm all caught up!! The AI show sounds soooo much fun!! Wish we would have done that now! And congrats on DVC!! That is sooo exciting!! I can't believe you're almost done with your TR!!
AI was surprisingly fun. I did what DH wanted, and am glad!

The first DVC trip cannot come soon enough...
Old 08-09-2009, 01:57 AM   #2032
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Haha Laura, we officially do have room for one more but that would put you sharing the pullout with our exchange student....
Old 08-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #2033
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I always love to see Hannah's little poses. Brooklynn's stand-by is the 'hand on the hip' pose.

It's nice that Jackie lets people borrow her AKL chairs when she's not using them. Sorta like I let people borrow my Soarin' ride when I'm not around. Aren't we just the nicest sharer-girls?!?!?

Don't get too fast at wrapping up this report. We will miss all of these pictures of your kids and the fun they had. You either have to pull out some more or hurry up and take another trip - your choice!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:36 AM   #2034
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It's nice that Jackie lets people borrow her AKL chairs when she's not using them. Sorta like I let people borrow my Soarin' ride when I'm not around. Aren't we just the nicest sharer-girls?!?!?
We are very generous, aren't we, MeMom?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #2035
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Our last park day , is there a better place to spend it than MK? We got up early and left for MK about 7:50. I am so glad we got there early, it was not as hot and we did not have to wait in as many lines this way. Today I promised the girls we would watch the opening show… bittersweet that vacation was almost over!

We then grabbed our double stroller and headed towards Dumbo. DH went to get FPs for Splash and BTMR… I know Dumbo again, someday I am sure we won’t even ride Dumbo, so we do what the girls want. This was Emily’s request, and when you are just short of 40 inches you get to ride your requests.

The girls went with Grandma…

Hannah did Snow White, while Em and Luke did the carousel with Grandma and me!

Then we rode Winnie the Pooh before getting in line for the Teacups! Along the way we got our FPs for Peter Pan!

I just loved this sign….

We headed next to Adventureland to the Magic Carpets! It was pretty empty over there, our wait was nothing!

We rode Pirates of the Carribean again, again a hit with Luke. Once we got off that we saw Peter Pan-

Then Miss Emily got brave, super brave. She wanted to see Captain Hook….

And Hannah, my dad and I headed for Splash Mountain and BTMR. They were going to met us after another swing on the Magic Carpets.

Somehow then we ended up needing a treat, it was hot so what better to have than a Dole Whip and a trip to show dad the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse.

After the Dole whips, which everyone loved we saw another friend…

And we split up. I had a little girl who had not seen Daisy yet- Emily. I had asked a handler earlier and they said she was out on Main Street. So I took the girls to see what we could find and everyone else did the Carousel of Progress.

Mind you this was the longest line I waited on all trip… grr! But Emily loves Daisy, we missed her last trip and she would be so mad when she saw that Hannah had met her at EPCOT that first morning. So we wrapped around the island in the middle of Main Street, watching flocks of people entering the parks!

Someday I want to just sit on a bench and watch the action on Main Street. I figure I miss so much getting there early and never have time there!

We met back up with everyone, and it was almost time to eat with the princesses!
Old 08-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #2036
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

Quote:
I'm loving Em's lean in this one, and the expression on her face. I'm not sure she's quite trusting these two scalawags!

Quote:
Em sure squooshed up to Daisy in this one! Lucky Hannah to get a double dose of Daisy this trip!

Quote:
We met back up with everyone, and it was almost time to eat with the princesses!
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
Can't believe we are on your last day! I'm going to be sad to see it end.....
Old 08-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #2037
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Great updates Laura - just catching up after getting back from vacation. I love the pics of Luke with his Mickey ears and getting the Mickey ears on him. Those are some great family shots in front of the castle.
Can't wait to try AKL myself ... it looks like an amazing place.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #2038
BigEeyore
DIS Veteran

Ah, the elusive Miss Daisy! How early did you have to get up in order to get everyone there for rope drop? I have vowed to get our gang there at the MK opening on our next trip!

(Me) (DH) (DD 7/29/05) (DD 3/9/2009) (Eli) (Mo)
Old 08-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #2039
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

I just love all the cute little outfits you have for the girls. Simply adorable. You must have so much fun dressing them for the parks.
Old 08-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #2040
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I love the girls' princess sundresses, and you're all color coordinated with them in your pink shirt. Cute!

I love the sign. I just copied it down to show my family and maybe post somewhere. It's so true!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: