Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2009, 09:25 AM   #1651
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post

we hoped to catch Mulan... which we did!

She was fantastic... they chatted away!

I would love to know what they were chatting about it. Very sweet!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #1652
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a fantastic update and all the characters you got to meet!! Max...oh I love the Goofy Movie, how fun you were able to meet them!! Can't wait to see Luke's pictures with Minnie!!!!

I just love to see when the princesses take a few moments and spend it with each child! I'm sure Hannah just loved her Mulan time!!

Glad you were able to just leisurely explore that morning in EPCOT!!!

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #1653
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I love that Mulan and Hannah backshot that MeMom commented on, it just looks so sweet! Did you ask them to walk away or was Mulan taking Hannah to show her somthing?
The girls dresses are adorable! Were they excited to wear them? I'll bet they were super comfortable!
Old 07-08-2009, 04:30 PM   #1654
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
on my way to bed so i will read your update tomorrow but i wanted to share this with you because i know a lot of people on here were talking about the monorail driver the other day. just click below and in that post there's a link to a video of him with a family riding up front just days before the accident. seems like a really nice kid.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2324
I was on your thread...as you posted this. I cried, thanks so much for sharing Dawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Great update! I can't believe you got to see Max-my kids would to see him!
Can't wait to read who you see next!
I was taken aback for a minute upon seeing him... my girls love to meet new characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifelong_Dreamer View Post
Wow, I have never seen Max out in the parks before, very cool!

I have to say I love the dresses the girls have on, really adorable!
The dresses got a ton of wear time.... comfortable and cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
Ah, as I feared. I saw him...he was our driver one night back from Epcot. So sad
He seemed so sweet.... his poor family!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
what a fun morning--love the girls' dresses
love the picture of Doug and Emily
glad you got a picture of the 3 kids in the sharks' mouth-too cute

It was a fun morning. I remember looking at my watch and being shocked it was just 11.... we just hit things well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
The girls look so cute in their matching dresses! And so many characters that morning. Glad you got to see Daisy, she seems to be a tougher one to catch. The pics with Mulan are precious.

That was one of the biggest reasons we chose AKV too. The dues are higher, but less points - it probably balances about out....and you are less point poor! Love that term. I like the various choices with AKV, all the way from Value to Conceriage to cater to how many points you want to spend/have left!

I would love to do the Concerige room next year... but I totally love the point choices according to views and all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugmom View Post
GREAT update Laura!! Ya'll saw a TON of characters in such a short amount of time!! That stinks that some mom skipped you to be first at the Character Connection! How rude! We saw that same Mulan when we were there! She's wonderful! Can't wait to hear more about Epcot! World Showcase is my fav!
That Mulan was sweet. When we returned with Emily they just struck up another great conversation....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
What a wonderful morning so far! You got to go on rides, meet a lot of characters, and just enjoy the park.

The girls look ADORABLE in their dresses!! Can't wait to find out who you saw next.
A favorite, if not the favorite!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Who was out!?!!?

What a great morning! You were able to get so much done!!

I really want to meet Mulan, she is on my list for the fall.

We had been looking for her...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
What a great morning. It sounds like the rushing was kept to a minimum and you got to enjoy the park at the kids' speed.

How fun that Max was out! Amelia was looking at your pictures over my shoulder and said that Mickey looks strange. I told her to look closer because its Max!

Did the younger 2 kids fall asleep? I'm anxious to see who you saw!
Em never fell asleep.. she fought her sleep hard, but eventually as the week went on slept a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I would love to know what they were chatting about it. Very sweet!
We happened to just see Mulan as she was walking back to her spot. I guess she had just came out, so Hannah got to walk with her. Mulan asked her all kinds of things about our trip, what she likes and it was funny because Hannah told us about it... normally her answers are nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a fantastic update and all the characters you got to meet!! Max...oh I love the Goofy Movie, how fun you were able to meet them!! Can't wait to see Luke's pictures with Minnie!!!!

I just love to see when the princesses take a few moments and spend it with each child! I'm sure Hannah just loved her Mulan time!!

Glad you were able to just leisurely explore that morning in EPCOT!!!

It was getting hotter by the moment though..

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I love that Mulan and Hannah backshot that MeMom commented on, it just looks so sweet! Did you ask them to walk away or was Mulan taking Hannah to show her somthing?
The girls dresses are adorable! Were they excited to wear them? I'll bet they were super comfortable!
We just caught her coming out to her spot and were going to go get in line, instead Mulan said just come with me....
Old 07-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #1655
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

Quote:
DH went to get the stroller as we got through the turnstile. Emily went with him, and guess who we saw, with no one waiting or with her.. Daisy, Emily's favorite. So Hannah saw her quick... I felt terrible, since we tried hard last trip to find Daisy to no avail, and we see her first thing before the park opens at the left side of Spaceship Earth!
oh no! i hope emily got to see her later. pretty cool that you guys just ran into her though.

Quote:
Pluto tried to make a friend..
this is so sweet! i love that he went over there to see the little one that couldn't walk up to him.

Quote:
we hoped to catch Mulan... which we did!

She was fantastic... they chatted away!
this is such a great picture! the mulan we met last september was really great too.

Quote:
Then mom saw who was out.....
Old 07-08-2009, 08:45 PM   #1656
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

You weren't kidding when you said you got there early -- you were right up against that rope!!!

Great character interactions and the girls look so cute in their princess sundresses.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #1657
ampc3
DIS Veteran

great morning! Did you take advantage and get child swaps this year?? That was my kids favorite part last year ( they loved that Emma couldn't ride so many things).. you always have such great Epcot experiences!

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
Old 07-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #1658
Happydog
DIS Veteran

LOVED this update. We saw some of China, not all of it, so I liked seeing these photos. AND the girls looks so sweet in those dresses!! Your PTR showed the dresses but not them in the dresses, and what cuties they are!

Looks like a great day so far! Nice and quiet Epcot!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-08-2009, 11:04 PM   #1659
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

So our DVC packet came yesterday... so I snapped a few pictures. We need to get the packet completed and mailed back this weekend.

DH was home... he knew better than to open it!

It came with an 08-09 planner... is there a newer one out there... if so how do I get it.

I hope to get on the DVC site tomorrow. DH had his work retreat here, so I have been vacated!

The rest of EPCOT pics are uploaded... tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #1660
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Oh, how I love the pretty glossy DVC stuff. I like that bag, too! I am imagining how good it would look in the car on the way to Disney! Thanks for taking the pics, Laura!
Old 07-08-2009, 11:59 PM   #1661
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

I have read it all and have thoroughly enjoyed.I have read too much tonight to comment on it all but I did want to say I love the girls' dresses that they wore at Epcot..Your kids are beautiful and I look forward to reading more.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:14 AM   #1662
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

[quote}

It came with an 08-09 planner... is there a newer one out there... if so how do I get it.
There is a new planner, the 2009.

I would contact DVC to get it sent out, I can't believe they sent that one........ We've had our new one for a couple of weeks.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #1663
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

What a wonderful morning in EPCOT so far!!!! Do they open that Character Connection at the opening? I did not realize that! I might have to check that out! GREAT pictures! I can't wait to see who your Mom saw!!!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-09-2009, 08:22 AM   #1664
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh, how fun!! So it is going to be official soon, huh? That is so great. I'm so happy for you and your family.

When is your first DVC trip?!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #1665
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I want my keys to home, school, church, car, etc. to look like these!
How fun!!!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: