Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2009, 06:07 PM   #1636
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I couldn't believe when Marc started figuring what our last trip would have cost at rack rate...$6,000 (BCV 1br 10 nights and SSR studio 3 nights). Our December trip would have cost $9,500 (Kidani 2br 5 nights). We would have never spent that kind of money for a resort stay but with DVC it's possible.
I guess it's all about the Deluxe resorts and we are hooked now. If I had to move to a moderate over a weekend I would consider to lengthen our stay too.
That is the numbers I want to see. I doubt we would be able to stand a single hotel room for much longer. I do think we will probably do some regular hotel nights on the front end of trips though. I do love some of the hotels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I am interested to hear about your thoughts and decisions since we are now a family of 5 too. I've kind of looked into the cost but don;t see the funds there right now.
The funds... the not fun part. We got our big box in the mail today... I just looked at the brochure fun stuff, not the $$$ and offical documents, those are later.

I am drained. Swim lessons, water park and just tired. I hope to get the girls squared away early and then get the EPCOT update at least started.. sorry!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:06 PM   #1637
dddisrunner
DIS Veteran

Hi Laura! I am slowly but surely catching up! Congrats again on the DVC purchase! I am so happy for you! LOVED the updates especially the one of you and Luke and your peaceful morning on that patio What a gorgeous view and pictures too! LOVED your Ohana pictures, we loved our meal there too. Funny, our leis were yellow and they left so many yellow little strings all over our clothes! How nice that you had just that short trip over to the Poly! The girls looked like they had a BLAST at the pool and that Jenga game looked so fun!! Sorry the rain ruined some of your plans! That monorail accident was HORRIBLE. The next morningwe walked into Epcot and I thought it was strange that we didn't see one and then at lunch I found out about, it was very creepy! We had just been on it on 7/3 and they were PACKED full of people and I was seperated from Bryan. Looking back that was NOT a good feeling! I am looking forward to your next installment!
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #1638
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Where do you all own? I am expecting tons of pics this fall from you....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I would like to do an add on, I'm feeling point poor, I love that term...

I prefer "point-challenged" myself...

We own at Saratoga Springs... not my fav, but back in 2005 they were just finishing phase I and we really wanted to buy DVC at that particular time.

We stayed there once and are now trying to stay at least once at each DVC!!

Now that Pleasure Island is defunct, there isn't as much of a draw being across from DTD...

Kathy

Last edited by KathyRN137; 07-07-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 PM   #1639
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We got our big box in the mail today... I just looked at the brochure fun stuff, not the $$$ and offical documents, those are later.
Okay, when you get a chance, let me live vicariously through you -- what does the box look like? Is it a standard Fed Ex box? What all do you get in it? Is there lots of fun stuff?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #1640
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Thursday, June 18th

Let the vacation begin! Our package was to start today, so we were beginning our seven days of the Dining plan and park hoppers!

I had called the day before to check with the bellmen about moving our luggage. I told them I hoped to be on the monorail at 8, so when should I call... they said to give forty minutes. That was worse case to get to our room, load and mark the bags. He assured me it normally is not that long, but he wanted me to allow enough time. Doug and my dad headed via car to CSR at 7:15. They were checking in and getting our keys to the world cards and my parents with their tickets on them.

I called about 7:20 the kids were finishing their breakfast cereal and were bouncing with excitement to hit a park. The super bellman came, loaded our 14 items (we had them moving more of our stuff that my parents had brought along with some of their things that we did not want in the car). He was super nice, triple counted and we tipped him royally...and our luggage was supposed to be at CSR between 1 and 4.... so no problem- right?

So off we were to the main building, filled our mugs and we took the monorail to the TTC and then onto EPCOT. Super fun, super fast way ... infact as Doug texted me....they were there already too. So we met them at the front of a turnstile... we were there almost an hour early. So we walked around, sunscreened up...

and waited. It went fast, but we were there too early...I had no idea we would get there so fast and hit the monorails so perfectly!

DH went to get the stroller as we got through the turnstile. Emily went with him, and guess who we saw, with no one waiting or with her.. Daisy, Emily's favorite. So Hannah saw her quick... I felt terrible, since we tried hard last trip to find Daisy to no avail, and we see her first thing before the park opens at the left side of Spaceship Earth!

We met back up with DH and headed to the front and saw some more friends as they got the opening of EPCOT ceremony underway!

As the rope dropped we headed to Character Connection, what else! DH went to get our FPs for Soarin' my parents were super excited to be back on that ride!

Somehow a family got in front of us... we were the first ones in, but the mom pushed ahead, oh well.... so no group character photo this year.

But we did get some good ones...

Notice it took Grandma for Em to join...

Pluto tried to make a friend..

As did Minnie....

There are some great pics of Luke on the photopass card with Minnie... I will share them when I get the disk.

We then met DH right outside and headed to the Living Seas with Nemo and Friends. This was a big hit.... Emily loved this ride this year, Luke loved it too. My problem is the long cue... which we cut around the corner to miss it the second time we rode.

Then we wandered around the Seas..

and we headed in to the first Turtle Talk with Crush!

Except Crush had technical difficulties... boo! So as we exited the Seas the family minus Luke and I headed to Journey to Imagination. I took Luke for a diaper change and to get FPs for Test Track. We were then planning to meet back at Soarin!

So Luke and I cut back toward the bathrooms behind Character Connection to see....

Max!

He was just in the hallway! We changed diapers, walked through Mousegears for some browsing, and got our FPs. Then I took Luke to the Seasons Foodcourt for a bottle. He was a ready... and once DH and the family got down there we were off to Soarin- my parents, Hannah and I! The rest of the gang went on the Land Boatride!

Soarin was well fantastic! My parents both love that ride too, so we grabbed some more FPs for later. Hannah liked it this time so that was great too!

After that we cut through the Character Connection....and Max was still out. So it was the girls turn!

We then went to taste some of the Cokes from around the World. We were awfully hot and some of them hit the spot! I spared all my family from the Beverly!

We decided to go on to World Showcase, it was just a tad past 11.... so off to Mexico!

And Emily got to see her beloved Donald's boatride! We rode it twice, and Luke was getting tired as was Emily.... so my mom was going to sit with them in the strollers in hopes of a quick nap, while the rest of us rode on the Norway boatride....my dad stayed for the movie but DH, Hannah and I slid out! DH went to check on Grandma and the kids...

Hannah and I then visited China,

we hoped to catch Mulan... which we did!

She was fantastic... they chatted away!

As we went to check on Grandma we decided to move on... the girls did some mask decorating at Norway

and then Em had to meet Mulan too.

It was a beautiful day. WS was pretty empty since it had just opened. We had lots of time to spare until our 3:15 reservation in Italy.... so we were going to leisurely explore the countries and see who we might meet. Then mom saw who was out.....
Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #1641
punkin413
feel the magic, dang it!

on my way to bed so i will read your update tomorrow but i wanted to share this with you because i know a lot of people on here were talking about the monorail driver the other day. just click below and in that post there's a link to a video of him with a family riding up front just days before the accident. seems like a really nice kid.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2324
Old 07-07-2009, 10:11 PM   #1642
stace208
DIS Veteran

Great update! I can't believe you got to see Max-my kids would to see him!
Can't wait to read who you see next!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #1643
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Wow, I have never seen Max out in the parks before, very cool!

I have to say I love the dresses the girls have on, really adorable!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #1644
stace208
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
on my way to bed so i will read your update tomorrow but i wanted to share this with you because i know a lot of people on here were talking about the monorail driver the other day. just click below and in that post there's a link to a video of him with a family riding up front just days before the accident. seems like a really nice kid.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2324
Ah, as I feared. I saw him...he was our driver one night back from Epcot. So sad
Old 07-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #1645
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

what a fun morning--love the girls' dresses
love the picture of Doug and Emily
glad you got a picture of the 3 kids in the sharks' mouth-too cute
Old 07-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #1646
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

The girls look so cute in their matching dresses! And so many characters that morning. Glad you got to see Daisy, she seems to be a tougher one to catch. The pics with Mulan are precious.

Quote:
Do you have a day---- we went back and forth, were divided, almost changed, DH tried to change at the last moment.... but honestly we fit in the 1 bedroom as a family of five only at the two resorts. It is less points at AKV, so that was my deciding factor. I do not want to not fit at our home resort, nor do I want to be point poor and have short trips.
That was one of the biggest reasons we chose AKV too. The dues are higher, but less points - it probably balances about out....and you are less point poor! Love that term. I like the various choices with AKV, all the way from Value to Conceriage to cater to how many points you want to spend/have left!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-07-2009, 10:54 PM   #1647
ladybugmom
DIS Veteran

GREAT update Laura!! Ya'll saw a TON of characters in such a short amount of time!! That stinks that some mom skipped you to be first at the Character Connection! How rude! We saw that same Mulan when we were there! She's wonderful! Can't wait to hear more about Epcot! World Showcase is my fav!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:58 AM   #1648
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

What a wonderful morning so far! You got to go on rides, meet a lot of characters, and just enjoy the park.

The girls look ADORABLE in their dresses!! Can't wait to find out who you saw next.

Drea, DH, DD 6 y.o., DS 4 y.o.

October 2007-POFQ,May 2008- Wilderness Lodge,November 2008 - Free Dining @ POP,October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort, May 2010 - Pop Century, November/December 2010 - CBR,, Leap Year Trip!-POP!
Old 07-08-2009, 07:44 AM   #1649
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Who was out!?!!?

What a great morning! You were able to get so much done!!

I really want to meet Mulan, she is on my list for the fall.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:01 AM   #1650
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

What a great morning. It sounds like the rushing was kept to a minimum and you got to enjoy the park at the kids' speed.

How fun that Max was out! Amelia was looking at your pictures over my shoulder and said that Mickey looks strange. I told her to look closer because its Max!

Did the younger 2 kids fall asleep? I'm anxious to see who you saw!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: