Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #151
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

March 16th is our ADR date!!! But I've already got a list of where we want to eat!!!

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 01-31-2009, 07:01 PM   #152
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Oh gosh! I hope that the weather is perfect from here on out! Didn't you leave really soon after school last year?

Are you going to split up the drive or drive straight through?
Yes... we left they day after my workday. But since we booked in March it was no biggie, I knew we were not near close to five snow days, in 10 years I have never had more than five snow days in a year.

We are going to split the drive for sure on the way down... most of the driving day 1. On the way back we might try to drive all in one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaGirl View Post
Yum, Yum, and Yum!

We LOVE Crystal Palace. It is a tradition for us to eat breakfast there on our first MK day. We love walking in to an empty park. The breakfast food is so yummy too.

We have never eaten at the Castle, but a friend just got back last week and she said it was their favorite meal.

LeCellier is soooo good! I can taste that pretzle bread and mushroom filet. DH has said we will not be going back until our kids are older because DD doesn't do well in soft lighting. It makes her more hyper if that is possible!

I was going to suggest O'Hana or Cape May for a non-park day. I haven't been to either, but really want to go after reading a few trip reports lately. I don't think you could go wrong with either. Although the girls would probably have fun at Whispering Canyon....

What about Wolfgang Puck's at DTD? We ate there for lunch our first trip and it remains one of our favorite meals.
I hope to do the Crystal Palace our first MK day. I think it would be a super fun way to start our day. I was shocked how well we enjoyed the castle, both the atmosphere and the food were great. Plus the princesses!

LeCellier is a bit of a scare with the kids. The girls are good eating out, so we will see what Luke is like. I figure we can let my parents go and do something else if we have to. However it is yummy and I would like to do it!

I would love to try OHana's breakfast not sure if it will fit in this trip. Cape May is a place we have gone for dinner and like, never made it to breakfast though. I would love for my parent's to see the Wilderness Lodge too, I also love Wolfgang Puck Express... so I bet I would like the restaurant. I better check out that menu and add it to the growing list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Elf View Post
Your ADR plans sounds great! We are planning very similar ADR's. We love the character meals, I have great memories of our last trip.

My girls love the character meals... so we try to get a lot in! Plus buffets allow for everyone to get what they want!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
You're ADR's look great! We're looking forward to CRT and LeCellier, we've never eaten at those two!
We are so looking forward to returning to both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddisrunner View Post
Good choices for ADR'S! We might be trying CRT this year too...my boys have vowed to let their mommy try a princess meal Sorry about the snow you have had! We have had NONE We have no days built in though so it is probably a good thing LOVE the old pictures of the girls, they are so precious
I think your boys should allow their princess to dine with the princesses! It is just an experience to eat in the castle and the kid's dessert was super cute and yummy! As for the snow... I am sick of it, I am so glad to see pavement finally. It was crazy looking through my photobucket of how they have changed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Good choices on the ADRs! Hannah and Emily are so cute in all your photos! I am hoping for an early morning ADR at CP, too!
Thanks Jackie! I wish my call window was soon.. but I need the park hours out first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
My ideas for your last TS---keeping it outside a park of course:

Either O'hana, Kona Cafe, or Grand Floridian Cafe. All three are good in my opinion!!! Love the ones you have so far---making me salivate as we speak!
Kona is a distinct possiblity. My mom thought O"Hanas sounded fun, but DH really does not want to go there this trip. Tell me more about the Grand Floridian Cafe... that would be super close to MK and easy to get to! I also thought about Park Fare with the Cinderella and Gang....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Glad the extra days are not going to affect your trip. The ADR"S look great! Now, I am questioning CRTvs Akherus. Hmmm, what to do.....
Which meal are you doing at Akherus? I have done breakfast there two times. We liked it and actually saw more characters. For one credit it is great especially since the picture is included. My parents ate there with us before so I wanted to go somewhere else for the princesses, plus Hannah really loved eating in the castle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
ADR's all sound yummy. We've done Ohana for breakfast and loved it. We also love Whispering Canyon - great food and fun atmosphere.

I really want to fit OHana's breakfast in.. but I am not sure I can! I always hear great things and loved your pics! I love the skillet at Whispering Canyon and know the girls would like to visit there again... I am afraid I will want to pack my bags and stay there though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lallie View Post
Getting into Magic Kingdom before opening and then having breakfast with Pooh is the best. It's so much fun to see the park that empty, plus a yummy breakfast. True Disney magic!

I think all of your ADRs sound really good.
I think having three days to make the CP ADR on will help me get my time. I just want CRT on another day... no way I need the buffet and a big lunch that quickly afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
March 16th is our ADR date!!! But I've already got a list of where we want to eat!!!
The list is half the fun... I plan to have some backup ideas too!
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2009, 08:04 PM   #153
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Thanks Jackie! I wish my call window was soon.. but I need the park hours out first!
May hours just came out, so it is looking good for the first of March for us! I hope so at any rate -- I would like those eight days to figure out everything before I call!
Old 01-31-2009, 09:36 PM   #154
bertegirl
DIS Veteran

Sorry I have been reading all your threads..do you by chance have a must pack list anywhere? I am so afraid with this being our 1st trip with 2 little ones we may forget something!

Old 01-31-2009, 10:59 PM   #155
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

We did the Grand Floridian Cafe last trip---the food was WONDERFUL!!! Very pretty atmosphere---everything was just so enjoyable, and hardly crowded. I have also done the 1900 Park Fare dinner with Cindy's Gang, and that is SO MUCH FUN!!! The Stepmother and Stepsisters are hilarious!!! The food is really good there too! You can't go wrong with either one---at the GF (SO AMAZING) and right on the monorail!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 02-01-2009, 02:36 PM   #156
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
May hours just came out, so it is looking good for the first of March for us! I hope so at any rate -- I would like those eight days to figure out everything before I call!

I know I want them to be out by March 1st. I also need TGM to get his stuff done too... so we will see. I want to see Fantasmic, and if it is not every night yikes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertegirl View Post
Sorry I have been reading all your threads..do you by chance have a must pack list anywhere? I am so afraid with this being our 1st trip with 2 little ones we may forget something!
I will get it tonight... tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
We did the Grand Floridian Cafe last trip---the food was WONDERFUL!!! Very pretty atmosphere---everything was just so enjoyable, and hardly crowded. I have also done the 1900 Park Fare dinner with Cindy's Gang, and that is SO MUCH FUN!!! The Stepmother and Stepsisters are hilarious!!! The food is really good there too! You can't go wrong with either one---at the GF (SO AMAZING) and right on the monorail!
Both look good.. I need to read up. I am also really interested in the Boardwalk area . Those restaurants would work if we end up at MGM or EPCOT the extra day!
Old 02-02-2009, 08:33 PM   #157
ampc3
DIS Veteran

Hi there Laura,, ( and Jen and Jackie)

Just found your PTR and was so excited to see you are going back again this summer! Can't wait to read all about it with Luke (soo cute by the way) Also was excited to see Jen is going back in the fall.. I am hoping to go back in 2010 for my 40th but the Twins will just be a year, and I am in the same boat as you were about being older and able to walk etc... Our rule was almost 4... so we'll see (but I have no problems I don't think leaving them at home with family) I still really want to take Emma for her 6th bday in sep for the day with the free ticket.

Anyway enjoyed catching up and looking forward to the trip! I vote for Kona Cafe or Grand Floridian (I remember Jen's report on that from her last trip) and we LOVED the food at Kona...

Annette

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC
Old 02-02-2009, 08:46 PM   #158
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampc3 View Post

Just found your PTR and was so excited to see you are going back again this summer! Can't wait to read all about it with Luke (soo cute by the way) Also was excited to see Jen is going back in the fall.. I am hoping to go back in 2010 for my 40th but the Twins will just be a year, and I am in the same boat as you were about being older and able to walk etc... Our rule was almost 4... so we'll see (but I have no problems I don't think leaving them at home with family) I still really want to take Emma for her 6th bday in sep for the day with the free ticket.

Anyway enjoyed catching up and looking forward to the trip! I vote for Kona Cafe or Grand Floridian (I remember Jen's report on that from her last trip) and we LOVED the food at Kona...

Annette

How are you? I hope you are feeling better. Glad you have a little time to DIS, I am still a little scared at the idea of taking him (a rough night again last night and no naps of an length today) but he has a while to get in shape. I am trying to figure out if we are getting another tooth or just still fighting off some bug. He is a cutie though... smiles all the time!
Old 02-03-2009, 04:06 AM   #159
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Annette
Hi, Annette!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #160
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Quote:

Annette
Hey Annette!!! So glad you hopped on here!!! So glad to hear that you are doing good so far!!! Just remember to try to take it easy when you can!!!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 02-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #161
FairyGodmotherJen
DIS Veteran

Have you thought about the Alice in Wonderland breakfast at 1900 Park Faire? We're probably going to end up at the dinner there in 2010 (get our princess fix in and only use one credit, plus I do hear that the Tremains are hysterical), but I've read some trip reports where the Mad Hatter and some of the other characters are great, too.

I envy you a bit - it's kind of too early for us to be nailing down ADRs. But, my SIL and I are going to do a LITTLE pre-planning when we're all together for our President's Day weekend getaway (which has been shortened due to snow make-up days now, but oh, well. We got hit again today, but so far just a delay again tomorrow. Did you guys get it?

October 2012 Trip report

Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #162
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Well it is snowing again in the great state of Ohio. I have never seen so much in in two weeks. It started after lunch, once I was at school and by the time my students were to be dismissed at 4 it was a white mess. There were no buses at 4, and at 4:30 I would guess I had over half my class still there. At 5 I still had three students, but they were then gathering the kids in the gym so that once the buses arrived they could quickly get them home. While it took me almost an hour longer than normal I felt lucky because the first two miles were over a half an hour... then I moved okay. We at this point have a delay tomorrow- here is hoping. Plus I have to get Emily to the Dr at 9:30 and if we have to get moving I hope Hannah has preschool, she is on a delay already too!
Old 02-03-2009, 09:32 PM   #163
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Hey there!!! We're getting snow here in NC too!!! We're not supposed to get much but it's nice to see.

As far as our ADR's go...I'm going to be compiling a list SOON...probably in the next few days. It's just SOOO long before we go.

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Old 02-04-2009, 04:57 AM   #164
DreaGirl
DIS Veteran

Are you still on a delay or is school cancelled?

This winter has sucked so bad! I think they said in this area we have already had double the snow for the entire season!

Drea, DH, DD 8 y.o., DS 5 y.o.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #165
ampc3
DIS Veteran

I can't believe all the weather you all are having up there! My family is in Chicago and I think my nephew has only missed school once thus far for weather... It is super cooolllldddd here in ATL today! (for us anyway)

Hope all these weather problems don't play into your trip in making it all up!

I'm doing ok... feeling really BIG for me.... can't remember if I told you that they are both boys! Emma keeps hoping that one will turn out to be a girl...
stay warm and safe!

lots of trips as a kid ...
Feb 20-22 2005 Asmov (left little one behind)
June 8-16 2008~POR (first whole family trip)
Sep 18-20 2009~POP~ mommy and DD6 bday trip
June 6-8 2010~POR~ GAD trip with Ds,YDd ,sister and nephew
May 2014 for the twins first trip.. first offsite WBC

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: