Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2009, 08:31 AM   #1621
mylag1rl
Mouseketeer

Great trip report ... the big jenga game looked like a lot of fun. Love all the pics around the Comtemporary. Your children are just adorable.

The monorail accident was very sad. I agree only good things are supposed to happen at Disney.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:59 AM   #1622
jenjolt
Loves All Things Disney!

What a great update! I had no idea a lot of the resorts had so many activities for the kids!! I knew there were a few games at POP but still you could make an entire evening out of it! Of course I was bummed for you that a lot of the activities got washed out...no fun to that...but you guys definitely did make the most of it!!!!

I too am another person very saddened to hear about the monorail accident. My prayers are with the driver's family and friends as they deal with this difficult time.

My Magical Trips to Disney:6/2012,1/2012,10/2011, 6/2011, 5/2011, 1/2011, 5/2010, 1/2010, 10/2009, 5/2009,
1/2009, 3/2007, 5/2005 , 10/1992: First Trip to Disney (Thanks Dad!)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2009, 10:52 AM   #1623
moparop
DIS Veteran

Wow, now I REALLY want to stay at the Contemporary! What a fun place to be! I wonder if they have the activities year round. I might need to do some investigating....
Old 07-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #1624
shannon47142
DIS Veteran

just caught up with your updates---great pictures you took!!!
I was so saddened to hear about the monorail accident as well
Old 07-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #1625
MegansMom
Always Ready to Go Back with my "Minnie" Megan Mouse!

Loved those updates....I love being able to live vicariously through your Contemporary stay!!!! How wonderful!!! That breakfast sure does look good!!! I'll keep that in the back of my mind for sure!!! So glad your Mom and Dad got there safe and sound!!!! Can't wait to see what is up for you all in EPCOT!

June 2012 PTR--click here! July 2011 PTR-- click here! September 2009 PTR/TR --click here!June 2008 PTR/TR---click here!
Past Trips: 1978:Offsite 1980:Offsite 1982: Poly 1987: Poly 1992:Dixie Landings May 2001:Offsite Sep 2006: BWV Nov 2007:CSR/SSR June 2008: OKW Sep 2009: POFQ July 2011: AKV June 2012: OKW!!!
DH (36) ME (35) DD(8)
Old 07-06-2009, 06:58 PM   #1626
MEK
DIS Veteran

Read your latest update - excellent pics of your kids. What a nice afternoon/evening at the contemporary. I have always wanted to stay there. To me it just says retro Disney.

I,too, was very saddened when I read about the monorail accident. Very tragic. The video I saw was very disturbing. It must be particularly hard for people who are staying or have recently stayed at a monorail resort.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #1627
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvXU View Post
Notice my signature... we did decide to buy DVC! Animal Kingdom is our home resort, and we are excited to stay there and start even more great Disney memories!
Quote:

we must have missed the tatoos, which was fine because quickly the kids got involved in the Jenga

That looks like so much fun!! So sorry the thunderstorm spoiled the evening's activities... and wow!! Congratulations on DVC, neighbor!!

Kathy
Old 07-06-2009, 07:54 PM   #1628
Happydog
DIS Veteran

I am only on 105 I am trying to catch up, but wanted to at least say I totally love your updates from the room door to the Ohana breakfast, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the contemporary, but that is just me. We had booked ADRs at the Contemporary strategically to get to MK in our car without trouble, but have not stayed there since 2000.... Pool looks awesome!!!
WHAT a great set of photos! And all your goodies from World of Disney wow!! I am also so excited for you with the AK DVC purchase!!! Great great news!!!! How cool!!!

Okay back to reading!!

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #1629
Happydog
DIS Veteran

On a more somber note -- you are right, it was really sad about the monorail accident. We were at the MK and Contemporary on the 5th, and we thought to take the monorail to the park and saw the "closed" sign -- then another guest told us what happened while we were riding the elevator.

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #1630
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I was a bit behind-as usual! I enjoyed all your updates-all the activies at the pool sound like a blast, too bad some were cancelled! But, now that you are DVC you KNOW you'll be back - and you can stay at BLT to take advantage! And I have to say "HIYA NEIGHBOR!" Congratulations!

What made you choose AKV over BLT?
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #1631
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Just letting you know I'm here... got some catching up to do... but I'm here!!

Kathy
We all get behind... especially when we are planning a Disney party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylag1rl View Post
Great trip report ... the big jenga game looked like a lot of fun. Love all the pics around the Comtemporary. Your children are just adorable.

The monorail accident was very sad. I agree only good things are supposed to happen at Disney.
The Jenga was fun. We have a normal size set at home we will be getting out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
What a great update! I had no idea a lot of the resorts had so many activities for the kids!! I knew there were a few games at POP but still you could make an entire evening out of it! Of course I was bummed for you that a lot of the activities got washed out...no fun to that...but you guys definitely did make the most of it!!!!

I too am another person very saddened to hear about the monorail accident. My prayers are with the driver's family and friends as they deal with this difficult time.

I wish the resorts shared this more with guests before they come. My kids love to do that kind of stuff... and I would pick resorts accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
Wow, now I REALLY want to stay at the Contemporary! What a fun place to be! I wonder if they have the activities year round. I might need to do some investigating....
It is a hard thing to find.... let me know if you have any success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon47142 View Post
just caught up with your updates---great pictures you took!!!
I was so saddened to hear about the monorail accident as well
I read it is back up and running... I wonder if you can ride in front?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegansMom View Post
Loved those updates....I love being able to live vicariously through your Contemporary stay!!!! How wonderful!!! That breakfast sure does look good!!! I'll keep that in the back of my mind for sure!!! So glad your Mom and Dad got there safe and sound!!!! Can't wait to see what is up for you all in EPCOT!

It was a great day, and a great breakfast. EPCOT was fun though... coming up soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Read your latest update - excellent pics of your kids. What a nice afternoon/evening at the contemporary. I have always wanted to stay there. To me it just says retro Disney.

I,too, was very saddened when I read about the monorail accident. Very tragic. The video I saw was very disturbing. It must be particularly hard for people who are staying or have recently stayed at a monorail resort.

I am just thankful it did not happen at a resort station... or when the monorails are packed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
That looks like so much fun!! So sorry the thunderstorm spoiled the evening's activities... and wow!! Congratulations on DVC, neighbor!!

Kathy
Where do you all own? I am expecting tons of pics this fall from you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
I am only on 105 I am trying to catch up, but wanted to at least say I totally love your updates from the room door to the Ohana breakfast, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the contemporary, but that is just me. We had booked ADRs at the Contemporary strategically to get to MK in our car without trouble, but have not stayed there since 2000.... Pool looks awesome!!!
WHAT a great set of photos! And all your goodies from World of Disney wow!! I am also so excited for you with the AK DVC purchase!!! Great great news!!!! How cool!!!

Okay back to reading!!

I can't believe you are back... I can't wait to hear about your trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
On a more somber note -- you are right, it was really sad about the monorail accident. We were at the MK and Contemporary on the 5th, and we thought to take the monorail to the park and saw the "closed" sign -- then another guest told us what happened while we were riding the elevator.
Ugg... how crazy to hear about it like that. Probably lots of WDW guest never knew or heard till returning home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I was a bit behind-as usual! I enjoyed all your updates-all the activies at the pool sound like a blast, too bad some were cancelled! But, now that you are DVC you KNOW you'll be back - and you can stay at BLT to take advantage! And I have to say "HIYA NEIGHBOR!" Congratulations!

What made you choose AKV over BLT?
Do you have a day---- we went back and forth, were divided, almost changed, DH tried to change at the last moment.... but honestly we fit in the 1 bedroom as a family of five only at the two resorts. It is less points at AKV, so that was my deciding factor. I do not want to not fit at our home resort, nor do I want to be point poor and have short trips.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:08 PM   #1632
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

I would like to do an add on, I'm feeling point poor, I love that term...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:24 PM   #1633
IluvXU
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I would like to do an add on, I'm feeling point poor, I love that term...
I guess I should watch saying that... since we still have not gotten our packet (I was hoping for it today). But it is hard to be point poor when a month ago I thought DVC was not a possible thing for us right now.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:52 PM   #1634
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I guess I should watch saying that... since we still have not gotten our packet (I was hoping for it today). But it is hard to be point poor when a month ago I thought DVC was not a possible thing for us right now.
I couldn't believe when Marc started figuring what our last trip would have cost at rack rate...$6,000 (BCV 1br 10 nights and SSR studio 3 nights). Our December trip would have cost $9,500 (Kidani 2br 5 nights). We would have never spent that kind of money for a resort stay but with DVC it's possible.
I guess it's all about the Deluxe resorts and we are hooked now. If I had to move to a moderate over a weekend I would consider to lengthen our stay too.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #1635
moparop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am interested to hear about your thoughts and decisions since we are now a family of 5 too. I've kind of looked into the cost but don;t see the funds there right now.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: