Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2011, 02:46 PM   #931
topherkraz78
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
That just started previews last night. Read reviews on another message board and they said he was fantastic, as was the show.

There's a great interview with him in Playbill today:
Definitely have read since I am a loyal avid fan of his but I saw someone on here who actually went to the show last night and I wanted to get their perspective. I've heard good things too. I'd do anything to get there to see it myself but being a CA native, its a bit hard. Also whaat board were you referring to? TY!
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 05:10 PM   #932
AllisonK
Be Marvelous!!!

Just wanted to say happy opening night to the cast and crew of Sister Act!!!

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 4/96 - Dixie Landings ~ 11/98 - MK Only ~ 4/00 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 1/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 1/12 - Pop Century
AllisonK is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-20-2011, 05:58 PM   #933
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post

I can't wait to see Sister Act!
Old 04-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #934
TimeforMe
Remember who you are
It was great taking a nap everyday, wasn't it?
I for one enjoy getting dressed up on occasion

Quote:
Originally Posted by klacey1 View Post
We saw Anything Goes on this past Sunday and LOVED it! It started at 2, btw. It's one of my favorite musicals of all time and this one did not disappoint. Sutton Foster was just amazing!
I love Sutton Foster and I'm sure she did an awesome job. OTOH, how was Joel Gray--he's gotta be pretty old now.
TimeforMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:04 PM   #935
snapppyd

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
As the Playbill link shows below, most shows do have matinee performances on Sundays. Why wouldn't they? The weekends are a big box office draw for the theaters and out of town visitors. Please check you facts when giving out information.
Many times when a show is new it does not have Sunday matinees for the first few weeks. We wanted to see Baby It's You on Sunday afternoon, but they haven't started matinees yet (We're going Saturday night)
Old 04-20-2011, 06:26 PM   #936
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
I hope the tickets appear on TDF soon!
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #937
LisaR

DD is trying to pick two shows to see and she is making herself crazy She narrowed it down from 20 to 10! She took out things she has either already seen or things that are coming locally in the next six months (I know it isn't the same as a Broadway show but she had to narrow it somehow).

She is leaning heavily toward Phantom - the only one that we don't want to see. She loves everything Phantom though and has only seen a community theater version (plus the movie & book).

These are her remaining choices. Any must see ones for a 16 y/o?

Chicago, Rock of Ages, Spider-Man, Mary Poppins, Memphis, Jersey Boys, Phantom of the Opera, The Book of Mormon, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Mamma Mia.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:38 PM   #938
snapppyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
DD is trying to pick two shows to see and she is making herself crazy She narrowed it down from 20 to 10! She took out things she has either already seen or things that are coming locally in the next six months (I know it isn't the same as a Broadway show but she had to narrow it somehow).

She is leaning heavily toward Phantom - the only one that we don't want to see. She loves everything Phantom though and has only seen a community theater version (plus the movie & book).

Chicago, Rock of Ages, Spider-Man, Mary Poppins, Memphis, Jersey Boys, Phantom of the Opera, The Book of Mormon, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Mamma Mia.
When we saw Spider-Man in December it was 3 hours long! I know they keep reworking it, but you said you have time constraints.

I didn't care for Chicago that much. Rock of Ages is a ton of fun. You can't go wrong with Memphis, Jersey Boys, Mary Poppins or Mamma Mia. I haven't seen How to Success yet, but have heard good things.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #939
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
When we saw Spider-Man in December it was 3 hours long! I know they keep reworking it, but you said you have time constraints.

I didn't care for Chicago that much. Rock of Ages is a ton of fun. You can't go wrong with Memphis, Jersey Boys, Mary Poppins or Mamma Mia. I haven't seen How to Success yet, but have heard good things.
These are her Saturday choices. We are there all day/night Saturday so there aren't any time constraints on that day. We will do a matinee and evening show.

Sunday she is debating between Priscilla & Billy Elliot. Billy Elliot is coming here in a few months so I think she is going to go with Priscilla on Sunday.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:02 PM   #940
snapppyd

Quote:
These are her Saturday choices. We are there all day/night Saturday so there aren't any time constraints on that day. We will do a matinee and evening show.

Sunday she is debating between Priscilla & Billy Elliot. Billy Elliot is coming here in a few months so I think she is going to go with Priscilla on Sunday.
Oh, then I like them all except Chicago
Old 04-20-2011, 07:07 PM   #941
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapppyd View Post
Oh, then I like them all except Chicago
She is asking all her friends on FB and getting the same response. "You have to see this, this, this, this and this." She keeps responding with, "You people are NOT helping." The good news is it sounds like she really can't go wrong.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #942
ashleybea
DIS Veteran

Quote:

If you are going soon, You wouldn't be able to see Spider-Man. It's currently on hiatus. It's not coming back until May something. I think 12 but I'm not sure.
I have seen Phantom and it's pretty good.
I saw How to succeed last week and LOVED it!!! It's the most fun i've had at a broadway show in a while. it's and extra plus if your DD is a Harry Potter fan. I'm also going to see the show again on Wednesday.
I haven't seen any of the others but I heard that Mamma Mia isn't that good. It's not like the movie (if that's what you are basing it on). Chicago isn't also like the movie. But Christie Brinkly currently is in it as Roxie.
ashleybea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:39 PM   #943
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Is it possible that this Sunday's schedule is a little different from normal because it is Easter?
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:44 PM   #944
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:

I hated Chicago. Boring.
Spider Man is on hiatus
Mary Poppins was OK, it's not like the movie.
Phantom is OK, but I'm not a fan of that type of show
How to Succeed was great! I loved it, I'd seen it again in a heartbeat. Daniel Radcliffe does a great job. John Laroquette is pretty good too.
I haven't seen Mamma Mia, but my sister has seen it twice. It's much better than the movie, at least according to her. It has to be considering most of the movie's cast really can't sing!

The Book of Mormon got great reviews.
Kate: The moment that I met you, my life became extraordinary. You taught me to be my best self, to look forward to tomorrow’s adventures. And when I was vulnerable, you were strong. I love you Richard Castle and I want to live my life in the warmth of your smile and the strength of your embrace. I promise you that I will love you, be your friend, and your partner in crime and in life. Always.

Rick: The moment we met, my life became extraordinary. You taught me more about myself than I knew there was to learn. You are the joy in my heart. You’re the last person I want to see every night when I close my eyes. I love you Katherine Beckett. And the mystery of you is the one I want to spend the rest of my life exploring. I promise to love you, to be your friend and your partner in crime and in life. Till death do us part, for the time of our lives.

Kate: This has been an epic year, Life's been full of joy & tears. Solving crimes & catching killers, Just like Castle's favorite thrillers. We share a passion every day, As partners go, we're here to stay
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:57 PM   #945
Aristocath
DIS Veteran

I doubt you can get Book of Mormon tickets soon unless you pay for premium seats. I tried! I want to see How to Succeed but I couldn't fit it in. Reviews are good though.

Last edited by Aristocath; 04-20-2011 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Book not Nook
Aristocath is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: