Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2011, 09:05 PM   #916
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgail2 View Post
We saw king tut in the summer and we went to the Harry Potter exhibit 2 weeks ago- it was great. You can get tickets in Costco for Harry Potter Exhibit for 24.99 including the audio guide which was great!
I don't think we have a Costco near me. But I'm going to ask around. Thanks for the tip!

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 08:48 PM   #917
LisaR

HELP! Having a serious panic attack here. I asked the other day about seeing multiple shows in a weekend. The plan is to arrive Saturday morning and catch a matinee and evening performance and then catch another matinee on Sunday.

I booked the air already but didn't do enough research beforehand. Based on what I am finding on broadwaybox.com it looks like many shows are dark on Sunday. But that isn't the worst part. I assumed the Sunday matinee would be the same time as the Saturday matinees but I was off by an hour. The Sunday shows are at 3pm and we depart LGA at 7:20pm. Will we make it to the airport in time or did I just blow it? We won't have luggage to check and we will have our boarding passes already but I just don't think we will make it. UGH! I am so mad at myself.
LisaR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-19-2011, 09:09 PM   #918
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaR View Post
HELP! Having a serious panic attack here. I asked the other day about seeing multiple shows in a weekend. The plan is to arrive Saturday morning and catch a matinee and evening performance and then catch another matinee on Sunday.

I booked the air already but didn't do enough research beforehand. Based on what I am finding on broadwaybox.com it looks like many shows are dark on Sunday. But that isn't the worst part. I assumed the Sunday matinee would be the same time as the Saturday matinees but I was off by an hour. The Sunday shows are at 3pm and we depart LGA at 7:20pm. Will we make it to the airport in time or did I just blow it? We won't have luggage to check and we will have our boarding passes already but I just don't think we will make it. UGH! I am so mad at myself.
Many shows do not run on Sundays and yes the matinees are at 3 not 2 on sundays for the ones that do run. Most shows are about 2 hours and 45 minutes long so that would bring you up to 545- depending on city traffic (which is usually really crappy!) and then the time to get through check in at the airport I would not take that chance!
Old 04-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #919
ashley0139
DIS Veteran

Quote:

While you may have a harder time finding a show at the right time, you will definitely be able to. Most shows do play on Sundays at 3:00. Additionally, there are a few shows that have 2 shows on Sundays, which means that it is probably a 2:00 instead of a 3:00. For example, the normal heart has shows at 2:00 and 7:00 on Sundays. You could attend the 2:00 show on that day.

Pre-Trip Report 2009: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2293006

Pop Century October 19-26, 2011

Pre-Trip Report 2011: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2796928
Trip Report 2011:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2867080
ashley0139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #920
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Just got home from seeing The Normal Heart. It was a fabulous, moving, well-acted play. And I saw Larry Kramer in the theater
Cat0727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:45 AM   #921
topherkraz78
Earning My Ears

I wish I lived in NY to see The Normal Heart. I have got know how did Jim Parsons do in his Broadway debut? I know most should know him as Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory but us fans of him and the show really want to know how he is doing in NYC? Thanks!
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 07:52 AM   #922
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

Quote:

Playbill online has an easy to read chart of the times and dates for each show:

http://www.playbill.com/celebritybuz...Broadway-Shows

There definitely aren't as many options, but if you plan in advance what you want to see on Sunday, hopefully you can find something. There are about a half dozen shows with 2:00 start times.

Also, take a look at the off Broadway stuff. You may find something there that interests you that has a 2:00 start.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #923
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post

There definitely aren't as many options, but if you plan in advance what you want to see on Sunday, hopefully you can find something. There are about a half dozen shows with 2:00 start times.

Also, take a look at the off Broadway stuff. You may find something there that interests you that has a 2:00 start.
Thanks! I found that site last night and that made me feel so much better.

Before booking airfare, I saw multiple sites that listed Mamma Mia as a 2PM Sunday show so I wasn't concerned. Unfortunately, that information wasn't accurate.

We are debating between Billy Elliot, Priscilla, or Anything Goes. This is for our 16 y/o birthday. Our original plan was to see Rock of Ages or Jersey Boys but that won't work now. Any suggestions on which one would be a better choice? Thanks!
Old 04-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #924
PrincessKsMom

OMG you should see me when I'm driving
I'm pretty sure the minute I open my mouth no one would have to ask the question

Quote:

Before booking airfare, I saw multiple sites that listed Mamma Mia as a 2PM Sunday show so I wasn't concerned. Unfortunately, that information wasn't accurate.

We are debating between Billy Elliot, Priscilla, or Anything Goes. This is for our 16 y/o birthday. Our original plan was to see Rock of Ages or Jersey Boys but that won't work now. Any suggestions on which one would be a better choice? Thanks!
I think 16 y.o. would love American Idiot. Start time is 3 p.m., but the show is 95 minutes, straight through, no intermission. You should be out by 4:45-5 p.m. If you get right in a taxi and head to the airport, I think you'll have enough time.

Stolen from SCHBR'sMom, who stole it from Wickey, who stole it from Kimmar.
LETS ALL DO THE BROONY \ 0 / TagGate 2011
PrincessKsMom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 09:35 AM   #925
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:

We saw Billy Elliot in December, right before my dd turned 15, and she LOVED it!!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:10 AM   #926
LisaR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKsMom View Post
I think 16 y.o. would love American Idiot. Start time is 3 p.m., but the show is 95 minutes, straight through, no intermission. You should be out by 4:45-5 p.m. If you get right in a taxi and head to the airport, I think you'll have enough time.
Thanks but we already saw it. Love it but would like to see something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
We saw Billy Elliot in December, right before my dd turned 15, and she LOVED it!!!!
This is the one we are leaning toward.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #927
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilgail2 View Post
Many shows do not run on Sundays and yes the matinees are at 3 not 2 on sundays for the ones that do run. Most shows are about 2 hours and 45 minutes long so that would bring you up to 545- depending on city traffic (which is usually really crappy!) and then the time to get through check in at the airport I would not take that chance!
As the Playbill link shows below, most shows do have matinee performances on Sundays. Why wouldn't they? The weekends are a big box office draw for the theaters and out of town visitors. Please check you facts when giving out information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post

gometros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #928
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is the one we are leaning toward.
That's a great show, I'd definitely recommend Billy Elliot.
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 12:11 PM   #929
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 View Post
I wish I lived in NY to see The Normal Heart. I have got know how did Jim Parsons do in his Broadway debut? I know most should know him as Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory but us fans of him and the show really want to know how he is doing in NYC? Thanks!
That just started previews last night. Read reviews on another message board and they said he was fantastic, as was the show.

There's a great interview with him in Playbill today:

http://www.playbill.com/features/art...Broadway-Debut
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #930
klacey1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We saw Anything Goes on this past Sunday and LOVED it! It started at 2, btw. It's one of my favorite musicals of all time and this one did not disappoint. Sutton Foster was just amazing!
klacey1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: