Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #76
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMet View Post
Some of my favorites are Chicago, Jersey Boys, White Christmas & Mary Poppins.

I have front row, center for wicked in two weeks. So I'm excited about that & I'm even more excited to see Guys & Dolls in march.
WOW!!!! How did you manage to get front row???
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:11 PM   #77
DISshopkeeper
Had 3 topplings over the years
I'm always on the lookout for Goofy stuff for the DISshop!!

I saw 42nd St in the front row, and I didn't really like being that close. I found myself mesmerized by the actor's dancing FEET! Almost couldn't stop watching their feet! Won't sit front row again.
DISshopkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-17-2009, 06:31 PM   #78
doodle
I enjoy being tagged!

Thanks OP for the topic - favorite of all time has to be Wicked - it made me laugh, gasp, think and cry........
doodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #79
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
WOW!!!! How did you manage to get front row???
I went through a ticket liquidator. I only had to pay $20 over face value & I bought them last week for Feb 4. I could have gotten six front row, center, but only needed three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISshopkeeper View Post
I saw 42nd St in the front row, and I didn't really like being that close. I found myself mesmerized by the actor's dancing FEET! Almost couldn't stop watching their feet! Won't sit front row again.
I do not generally go for orch front row, I am a front row mezz kinda girl, but this was a gift for a friend & he loves front row orch. Plus in the Gershwin theater they took out two rows for the orchestra pit for wicked, so we're the first row, but actually three rows distance from the stage. We'll see if that makes a difference.

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #80
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
I'm going to see a show tomorrow - it's a toss-up between Shrek and The Marvelous Wonderettes (Off-Broadway). This semester I also want to see 9 to 5, Billy Elliot, In the Heights, West Side Story and Guys and Dolls (because Lauren Graham from Gilmore Girls is playing Adelaide and I love Gilmore Girls).
I loved Billy Elliot! I haven't seen it on Broadway yet, but I saw it in London twice. It was amazing, some of the best dancing I have ever seen!
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:28 PM   #81
AllisonK
Be Marvelous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I loved Billy Elliot! I haven't seen it on Broadway yet, but I saw it in London twice. It was amazing, some of the best dancing I have ever seen!
Ah I'm just dying to see it!!! I wish they offered a student rush for it haha - so much for Shrek's rush, though - I went today and they said they didn't do it on the weekends (not advertised - it's advertised as being for every performance) - but I didn't mind - I ended up 6th row at The Marvelous Wonderettes for $10 less than Shrek's rush price. And I loved every single minute of the show - it's probably my new favorite and I have plans to go back in 2 weeks with my friend.

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 4/96 - Dixie Landings ~ 11/98 - MK Only ~ 4/00 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 1/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 1/12 - Pop Century
AllisonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:38 PM   #82
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Ah I'm just dying to see it!!! I wish they offered a student rush for it haha - so much for Shrek's rush, though - I went today and they said they didn't do it on the weekends (not advertised - it's advertised as being for every performance) - but I didn't mind - I ended up 6th row at The Marvelous Wonderettes for $10 less than Shrek's rush price. And I loved every single minute of the show - it's probably my new favorite and I have plans to go back in 2 weeks with my friend.
Cool, I'll have to check that one out.

I tried looking for rear mezz seats for Billy Elliot when one of my friends was in town last month and even those were sold out. I'm dying to see the changes for the NY production. And the 3 boys playing Billy look fantastic from the clips I've seen. The two boys I saw in London were incredible!

I really want to see In The Heights in the next few weeks, since Lin Manuel-Miranda is leaving on 2/15! And I want to see Daniel Radcliffe in Equus before that closes too.
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 09:46 AM   #83
MM27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When I was in middle school we went to see A Chorus Line. We got our tickets from TKTS and ended up with front row center seats. I loved it. The only thing that kind of grossed me out was that you could see the spit and sweat coming off the actors. I was sure I was going to get hit.
Old 01-18-2009, 02:34 PM   #84
Realgrumpy
Think we've watched Willy Wonka too many times?
Ooooh the slip-n-slide! Ouch.

Funny Broadway inspired SNL skit...

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Li...oadway/926201/
Old 01-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #85
ZephyrHawk
I can nicker too, but I'm not nearly as embarrassed about that
Please don't ski with your kid on a leash
I firmly believe in ghostly figments of my imagination

Les Miserables would have to be my favorite. Although I've never seen it (except when I played in it in high school) another great one would have to be Fiorello. No one ever talks about that one, but it's hilarious. All throughout the past election season I had its songs running through my head: Politics and poker, politics and poker, shuffle up the cards and find the joker....

Polynesian Village (1983), Polynesian Village (1986), Grand Floridian (1989), All Star Sports (1997), Disneyland (1998), All Star Movies (2000), Port Orleans - French Quarter (2001), All Star Music (2002), Disneyland (2004), Wilderness Lodge (2007), Pop Century (2010), Saratoga Springs (2013), and Disney Land and Sea Extravaganza (coming Nov/Dec 2015)
ZephyrHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 03:22 PM   #86
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
Was a man last time I checked
I can fart with my back

First, wow, 6 pages. Who would have thought this thread would have gone on this long. Thanks everyone for keeping this thread alive. Now on to my response.

Quote:
I had front row for Sunset Blvd, and while I loved the show, I was not particularly thrilled to have front row seats. I missed a few things. If all possible, I will avoid the front row, unless it's front row mezz. My first B'way show was Smokey Joe's Cafe and I sat about 6 rows back from the stage and loved it. Those were the perfect seats.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:56 PM   #87
PK Disney Dork
Friends! Help! A guinea pig tricked me!

I just don't understand how people enjoy Wicked! I found the show mind numbing and dull. The score was fairly vanilla except for one or two songs which is typical for a Stephen Shwartz show. Plus they butchered the novel!

I've never quite undertood the allue of Webber's shows either. Save for Evita his shows are uneven and less than engaging. Don't even get me started on his Phantom sequel...it may be a sign of the end times coming!

I look to shows by Cole Porter or the Gershwins for great shows!

PK Disney Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:07 PM   #88
The LK 4
Don't make me get out my spoon!
Now you know why I don't have time to clean my house!
Bananas just aren't appealing today
Proud owner of a Bunco Butt with dice bloomers

To each his own, but honestly, you're the first person I've ever heard of who has disliked Wicked. Personally, I'm glad it was nothing like the book, which I hated.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:10 PM   #89
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
Was a man last time I checked
I can fart with my back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Disney Dork View Post
I just don't understand how people enjoy Wicked! I found the show mind numbing and dull. The score was fairly vanilla except for one or two songs which is typical for a Stephen Shwartz show. Plus they butchered the novel!

I've never quite undertood the allue of Webber's shows either. Save for Evita his shows are uneven and less than engaging. Don't even get me started on his Phantom sequel...it may be a sign of the end times coming!

I look to shows by Cole Porter or the Gershwins for great shows!
Well, I haven't read the book, but I loved Wicked. I saw it in Boston when it came through and I love the music.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #90
PK Disney Dork
Friends! Help! A guinea pig tricked me!

Yeah the staged version of Wicked really took the meat out of the show and made it nothing but fluff. Wicked the novel is very deep, dark and political as are the other books the author (who's name escapes me at the moment) has written in that universe.

PK Disney Dork is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: