Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2009, 11:36 AM   #406
Realgrumpy
Think we've watched Willy Wonka too many times?
Ooooh the slip-n-slide! Ouch.

I loved Xanadu. It's one of my favorites, I was sorry I didn't get to see it again. Spring Awakening is another favorite. I was planning on seeing it before it closed, but never got to, although I did see it with the original cast which was amazing.
Realgrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:04 PM   #407
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Great!!! Please post after your see JB.
I absoluted love this show!!!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-18-2009, 02:21 PM   #408
AmandaSparks730
All shall know the wonder of purple summerHow do you document real life, when real life is getting more like fiction each day?Glitter-Sparkle Powah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realgrumpy View Post
I loved Xanadu. It's one of my favorites, I was sorry I didn't get to see it again. Spring Awakening is another favorite. I was planning on seeing it before it closed, but never got to, although I did see it with the original cast which was amazing.
Lucky, seeing Spring Awakening's OBC!

Lauren Pritchard may be my favorite in the role of Ilse.
AmandaSparks730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #409
LoraJ

I need a vacation!
Wanted to bid on Bare Naked Ladies?!?! The Tag Fairy is Shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaSparks730 View Post
Lucky, seeing Spring Awakening's OBC!

Lauren Pritchard may be my favorite in the role of Ilse.

I got to see it once with the full OBC and most of the OBC the second time. I saw it the week before it closed and it seemed so different with so many new cast members. It was still very good though.

LoraJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #410
AmandaSparks730
All shall know the wonder of purple summerHow do you document real life, when real life is getting more like fiction each day?Glitter-Sparkle Powah!

Has anyone seen the touring cast for Spring Awakening? I've heard good reviews but would like to hear an insider's scoop.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #411
Denise W
Boardwalk DVC Member

I'll be seeing Spring Awakening next Saturday in Providence (as you are!)

In 2 weeks we are going to NYC for the weekend. We are seeing Those Marvelous Marvellettes (I believe it is Off Broadway), 9-5, and South Pacific. I can't wait!!!

Did you see that Chess in Concert will be on PBS in June? I saw some trailers and it looks very good.

Denise
Denise W is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 03:37 PM   #412
AmandaSparks730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise W View Post

In 2 weeks we are going to NYC for the weekend. We are seeing Those Marvelous Marvellettes (I believe it is Off Broadway), 9-5, and South Pacific. I can't wait!!!

Did you see that Chess in Concert will be on PBS in June? I saw some trailers and it looks very good.

Denise
I'm seeing it on Sunday, actually, but yes, in Providence

You'll have to let me know how it is!
Old 04-18-2009, 03:52 PM   #413
AllisonK
Be Marvelous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise W View Post

Denise
Ahh Marvelous Wonderettes and South Pacific are both awesome. South Pacific is breathtakingly beautiful (I saw it last spring when it was in previews) and Marvelous Wonderettes is pure fun - I've been recommending it to EVERYONE (It's so cute - I've seen it four times haha). And I'm hopefully seeing 9 to 5 tomorrow - going to try for rush tickets. Have fun!

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 4/96 - Dixie Landings ~ 11/98 - MK Only ~ 4/00 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 1/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 1/12 - Pop Century
AllisonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:08 PM   #414
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

We saw the Marvelous Wonderettes in December and loved it! It was on Theatermania for $4.50 a ticket so we weren't sure what to expect, but it was a really cute show with a lot of fun 50s and 60s music. The girls were all so talented too, I loved their voices!
troobabiee7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 04:59 PM   #415
AmandaSparks730

I'll be in NYC on May 16. No show this time, but walking around SoHo, the Village, Chinatown, Little Italy, etc.
Old 04-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #416
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
We saw the Marvelous Wonderettes in December and loved it! It was on Theatermania for $4.50 a ticket so we weren't sure what to expect, but it was a really cute show with a lot of fun 50s and 60s music. The girls were all so talented too, I loved their voices!
WOW!!!! I have yet to see a discount like that!
I'm a member of theatermaina and other sites that
offer broadway shows at discounted prices but
have never gotten an offer like that. I want to
see this show, its sounds cute!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:34 PM   #417
troobabiee7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
WOW!!!! I have yet to see a discount like that!
I'm a member of theatermaina and other sites that
offer broadway shows at discounted prices but
have never gotten an offer like that. I want to
see this show, its sounds cute!
Are you a member of Theatermania or do you just get the discount tickets they offer on the regular site? You have to be a member for all the $4.50 tickets. I'd been wanting to see the Marvelous Wonderettes for a while and I was checking the site last December when I saw it up there. I freaked out and ordered right away, and then called my aunt to order too! And we were in the second row. The show was so good! We all really enjoyed it, including my 8-year old cousin who just idolized the girls up there. They were so talented! We also saw Cry Baby and Legally Blonde for $4.50 each this past summer. Those were other ones where I freaked out and flew online to order tickets We saw a bunch of smaller ones too, but those were the best! And we got 4-free tickets to Rent just for joining. LOVE Theatermania!
Old 04-18-2009, 08:40 PM   #418
LoraJ

I need a vacation!
Wanted to bid on Bare Naked Ladies?!?! The Tag Fairy is Shocked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaSparks730 View Post
Has anyone seen the touring cast for Spring Awakening? I've heard good reviews but would like to hear an insider's scoop.
I saw Blake Bashoff when he played Moritz on Broadway and he was very good. Not as strong as JGalls though, but still good.

LoraJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:14 PM   #419
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
Are you a member of Theatermania or do you just get the discount tickets they offer on the regular site? You have to be a member for all the $4.50 tickets. I'd been wanting to see the Marvelous Wonderettes for a while and I was checking the site last December when I saw it up there. I freaked out and ordered right away, and then called my aunt to order too! And we were in the second row. The show was so good! We all really enjoyed it, including my 8-year old cousin who just idolized the girls up there. They were so talented! We also saw Cry Baby and Legally Blonde for $4.50 each this past summer. Those were other ones where I freaked out and flew online to order tickets We saw a bunch of smaller ones too, but those were the best! And we got 4-free tickets to Rent just for joining. LOVE Theatermania!

Yes, I'm a member...do they e-mail you when the $4.50 prices are up??
I have never seen this!! What a steal, its like going for free!!!!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #420
troobabiee7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Yes, I'm a member...do they e-mail you when the $4.50 prices are up??
I have never seen this!! What a steal, its like going for free!!!!
I don't think you're a member of the actual club, you probably signed up for the regular discounts. If you join, ALL tickets are $4.50. That's the point of the club. It's $100 to join for two-tickets and $120 for 4 (I think, we joined under the student discount) and then you get a years worth of tickets for $4.50 each. It's usually off-Broadway shows, but once in a while they throw up Broadway shows too!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: