Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 06:15 AM   #316
piney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK Disney Dork View Post
Faves
The Producers-Which I'm in right now!
RENT
LuckY Stiff
Urinetown
The Fantasticks
Showboat
Chess
Forever Plaid
Into the Woods
Sweeney Todd
Pippin

Least faves
Phanton of the Opera
Cats
Les Miz
Wicked

Phantom and Wicked, along with Chicago were some of my least favorites also. I don't understand the hype for some of these shows, they go on forever while other shows we loved close almost immediately
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:44 AM   #317
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

I loved Les Miserables. I saw it three times.

I hated Chicago. The music is atrocious.

I liked Mama Mia, but that was because a friend was in the Broadway show.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2009, 06:48 AM   #318
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

I didn't like Chicago either!
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:12 AM   #319
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

West Side Story is back on Broadway. They tried to stay close to the original Jerome Robbins choreography, yet update the show a bit.

I saw a the retrospective, Jerome Robbins on Broadway several years ago and they did most of the dance numbers to WSS. If the choreography is as close as that, this is a show not to be missed live.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
Thanks!
Old 03-09-2009, 12:18 PM   #320
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi View Post
I loved Les Miserables. I saw it three times.

I hated Chicago. The music is atrocious.

You had a friend in the show!! Thats neat!! I love Mama Mia!
Did the friend have a major role? Is she still in the show? I'm seeing
it again in april! Can't wait!!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #321
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

I was wondering if anyone's seen Shrek? I got a bargain email from Playbill the other day & thought it might be fun to see it.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:10 PM   #322
piney
DIS Veteran

We saw Shrek and we loved it, it was so much fun. Donkey was excellent!

Last night we saw Celtic Woman at Radio City Music Hall (not a Broadway show, I know) and they were fabulous. This is our 3rd year seeing them on St. Patty's weekend in NYC. We are going back to see them again tonight - when the tickets went on sale we got a little crazy and bought for both nights. If you ever get to see them in person, do it. The show is beautiful.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:23 PM   #323
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Broadway dimmed it's lights tonight, for a moment at 8:00 in tribute of Ron Silver, who died earlier this week of cancer.

"Actor Ron Silver, who won a Tony Award as a take-no-prisoners Hollywood producer in David Mamet's "Speed-the-Plow" and did a political about-face from loyal Democrat to Republican activist after the Sept. 11 attacks, died Sunday at the age of 62.

"Ron Silver died peacefully in his sleep with his family around him early Sunday morning" in New York City, said Robin Bronk, executive director of the Creative Coalition, which Silver helped found. "He had been fighting esophageal cancer for two years."

Broadway will probably dim it's lights again tomorrow night for Natasha Richardson.

This has been a bad week for losing great Broadway actors.

Natasha was getting ready to perform on Broadway with her mom, Vanessa Redgrave in the Sondheim musical, "A Little Night Music".
Thanks!
Old 03-19-2009, 06:45 AM   #324
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Broadway dimmed it's lights tonight, for a moment at 8:00 in tribute of Ron Silver, who died earlier this week of cancer.

"Actor Ron Silver, who won a Tony Award as a take-no-prisoners Hollywood producer in David Mamet's "Speed-the-Plow" and did a political about-face from loyal Democrat to Republican activist after the Sept. 11 attacks, died Sunday at the age of 62.

"Ron Silver died peacefully in his sleep with his family around him early Sunday morning" in New York City, said Robin Bronk, executive director of the Creative Coalition, which Silver helped found. "He had been fighting esophageal cancer for two years."

Broadway will probably dim it's lights again tomorrow night for Natasha Richardson.

Natasha was getting ready to perform on Broadway with her mom, Vanessa Redgrave in the Sondheim musical, "A Little Night Music".

Old 03-19-2009, 07:11 AM   #325
KSchwagg86
DIS Veteran

Trying my luck with TKTS this weekend!! Might try to see Little Mermaid again...I would want to see South Pacific, but it won't be on TKTS I'm pretty sure...
KSchwagg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:13 AM   #326
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSchwagg86 View Post
Trying my luck with TKTS this weekend!! Might try to see Little Mermaid again...I would want to see South Pacific, but it won't be on TKTS I'm pretty sure...
Never say never! With the economy iffy, I bet more shows are available than not. Good luck!

Old 03-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #327
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
Was a man last time I checked
I can fart with my back

Quote:
West Side Story is back on Broadway. They tried to stay close to the original Jerome Robbins choreography, yet update the show a bit.

I saw a the retrospective, Jerome Robbins on Broadway several years ago and they did most of the dance numbers to WSS. If the choreography is as close as that, this is a show not to be missed live.
I've heard that the scenes with just the Puerto Ricans in them will be all in Spanish.

Quote:

Sad.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:24 AM   #328
luvtogo12
I found myself ironing all the underwear in the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LK 4 View Post
Finally - someone else who has seen Altar Boyz! I love that show.

I went to Altar Boyz this past weekend. I had great seats at a great price. The show was so much fun. It is now on my list of favorites.
All Stars Movies 2/07
All Stars Sports 2/06
Off-Site 11/02
Off-Site 12/99
luvtogo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 07:44 AM   #329
Imzadi
Point Free Zone
Like Pakey's

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
You had a friend in the show!! Thats neat!! I love Mama Mia!
Did the friend have a major role? Is she still in the show? I'm seeing
it again in april! Can't wait!!
Whoops! I missed this post.

My friend was in the emsemble & understudy for one of the fathers. It might have been the Colin Firth role.

He also was understudy for the lead in "Ring of Fire" and did get to play it a few times.

He has a brilliant voice. The first time I heard him I said to myself, "That's magic!" That a person can be just standing in front of you in a very ordinary moment, and then start singing Maria, from West Side Story, and transform the moment into pure magic.

That's also why I love Broadway & the theatre so much. One moment we're all sitting there - a room of total strangers. Yet we all collectively agree that we're going to collaborate with the people on the other side of the curtain, to turn the place into a magical event for 2 hours.
Thanks!
Old 03-23-2009, 11:43 AM   #330
piney
DIS Veteran

We're going to see HAIR on April 19th. I remember some of the music from the '60's, I can't wait!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: