Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #286
The LK 4
Don't make me get out my spoon!
Now you know why I don't have time to clean my house!
Bananas just aren't appealing today
Proud owner of a Bunco Butt with dice bloomers

Great pictures, Diane! Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-05-2009, 10:02 AM   #287
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Have you guys signed up for notices of discounts? I get different ones all the time from sites like Playbill.com. In fact, I got one today for Hair.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #288
The LK 4
Don't make me get out my spoon!
Now you know why I don't have time to clean my house!
Bananas just aren't appealing today
Proud owner of a Bunco Butt with dice bloomers

I am so bummed. My flight out of Pittsburgh was delayed 2.5 hours, so we arrived too late to see The Marvelous Wonderettes last night. Hoping for Avenue Q lottery tickets tonight.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:38 PM   #289
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LK 4 View Post
I am so bummed. My flight out of Pittsburgh was delayed 2.5 hours, so we arrived too late to see The Marvelous Wonderettes last night. Hoping for Avenue Q lottery tickets tonight.
Good luck with the lottery. That's just a huge pain about your flight.

Missy1961...I get the Playbill notices as well. And also Broadway across America, but that's because we bought a subscription this year.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:11 PM   #290
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

I finally got to see Wicked last night- LOVED it! In fact I loved it so much as soon as I got home I bought tickets for my parents to see it...and I guess I'll have to go too. Bummer.

It was my friend's birthday so we tried out Ellen's Stardust Dinner for a little fun & it was great. I wouldn't go there for an amazing meal, but for a fun night it was great! The staff is so talented! I don't know why I hadn't ever tried it before.

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #291
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMet View Post
I finally got to see Wicked last night- LOVED it! In fact I loved it so much as soon as I got home I bought tickets for my parents to see it...and I guess I'll have to go too. Bummer.

It was my friend's birthday so we tried out Ellen's Stardust Dinner for a little fun & it was great. I wouldn't go there for an amazing meal, but for a fun night it was great! The staff is so talented! I don't know why I hadn't ever tried it before.

Where is this diner?? Is this where the staff
are would be actors and they sing etc??
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 06:26 AM   #292
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Where is this diner?? Is this where the staff
are would be actors and they sing etc??
1650 Broadway...right on a corner. And yes, the servers all sing and such. We've had breakfast there several times and it's a bit noisy but fun.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:04 AM   #293
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
1650 Broadway...right on a corner. And yes, the servers all sing and such. We've had breakfast there several times and it's a bit noisy but fun.
THANKS!! Gona try it out this april!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:32 AM   #294
DISshopkeeper
Had 3 topplings over the years
I'm always on the lookout for Goofy stuff for the DISshop!!

Hey, can we talk some restaurants?

When we go to NYC to see a show, my fave place to eat is Becco, Lidia Bastianich's (she cooks on PBS) place right near the theater dist.

From the web site:

Lidia Bastianich & her son, Joseph, opened Becco in the theater district in 1993. It is best known for its acclaimed $17.95 pre fix lunch menu & $22.95 pre fix dinner menu that includes a large assortment of Italian antipasti or a classic Caesar salad together with unlimited tableside servings of our 3 daily pasta preparations. Becco also offers an extensive a la carte menu including chicken, fish, veal, & pork entrees & a wide selection of Italian wines, all priced at $25.00 per bottle. We also have an extensive reserved wine list with bottles ranging from $30.00 - $2,000.00.

They take reservations and the first question they ask you is "Are you going to the theater?"
DISshopkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:46 AM   #295
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

My dd now insists on eating at Juniors at least once on each NYC theater trip. It's not my personal favorite though. Hmmm, I don't think I have a personal favorite. Have to work on that.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #296
MsAmerica
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to come out of lurker mode to tell you my daughter and I are going to be seeing "Guys and Dolls" and "Jersey Boys" on Broadway next month during Spring Break.

My DD was "Miss Adelaide" last year in G&D in HS, this year she is "Shelley" in "Bat Boy" ( I don't know much about that show but do know it is definitely not a Rodgers and Hammerstein show at her college. She [I]loves[I] theater arts even though she is a business major.

Anyway, I have been fortunate to see a lot of great stars through the years. From Yul Brenner in the "King and I" to most recently Fantasia in "The Color Purple" and Clay Aiken in "Spamalot". Mix in about twenty other stars, and I have seen many Broadway legends. However, I would have to say the most phenomenal performance I have seen live was Patti LuPone as Mama Rose in "Gypsy". OMG, she was simply spellbounding. I have never been in a theater before when the audience gave a Standing Ovation in the middle of the show. She was simply fantastic.

I hope G&D's is great, it is one of my favorite all time musicals. If anyone sees it, please post your review. We are going 3/17!

MsA
MsAmerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:04 PM   #297
rascalmom
Business trips should include a little Disney
Boomer Sooner! Boomer Sooner! Go OU!
My middle name is Gullible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodTenor View Post
So I'm poking around Youtube during lunch and came across a video of Tommy Tune and Ann Reinking performing "Just in Time," and can I just that Tommy Tune can dance. Ok, I know he's a dancer, but I've never seen him dance before and he moves so gracefully across the stage.

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW8YdB66O7s
You mentioned Hello Dolly! earlier - Tommy Tune played Ambrose in the movie & there are some great dance scenes. Quite a cast....Barbra, Tommy Tune, Michael Crawford, Walter Mathau. All directed by Gene Kelly!
FW 74, 76, DI 83, CBR 99, OKW 00, Polynesian 01, CR-GV NYE O1/Jan 02, CR-Tower MK View May/June 02, ASMo/OKW July 03, OKW July 04, HRH 10/04, WL Concierge/SSR March 05, OKW June 05, SSR Christmas 2006. SSR July 2007, DL GCH March 2009, OKW May 2011, HRH/BLT Theme Park View March 2012

Last edited by rascalmom; 02-06-2009 at 01:10 PM.
rascalmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #298
swanmom
Victoria and Alberts - Hands Down
Some people got a lot more time than they have sense
Was that a Sonic Boom or is my DH ironing again?

Talk about meeting the stars! Amazing opportunity for DD

Hey, I had to post this here for all of my Broadway buddies. Take a look at my post about an amazing honor for my DD............she's doing a Master Class with Marc Shaiman from Hairspray ! All of your Boradway fanatics will really understand why we are so, so excited! WOOOO HOOOO !!

Here's the whole story:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2082688
swanmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 02:11 PM   #299
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
Was a man last time I checked
I can fart with my back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rascalmom View Post
You mentioned Hello Dolly! earlier - Tommy Tune played Ambrose in the movie & there are some great dance scenes. Quite a cast....Barbra, Tommy Tune, Michael Crawford, Walter Mathau. All directed by Gene Kelly!
I'd forgotten that Michael Crawford was in that cast.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #300
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanmom View Post
Hey, I had to post this here for all of my Broadway buddies. Take a look at my post about an amazing honor for my DD............she's doing a Master Class with Marc Shaiman from Hairspray ! All of your Boradway fanatics will really understand why we are so, so excited! WOOOO HOOOO !!

Here's the whole story:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2082688
Congratulations to your dd...what a truly wonderful opportunity for her!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodTenor View Post
I'd forgotten that Michael Crawford was in that cast.
That's the one movie musical I can watch over and over...so many great actors in it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: