Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009, 02:09 PM   #271
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
Was a man last time I checked
I can fart with my back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Kathy View Post
Bob Fosse?
Yes, you are correct.

May I ask how you knew that? If you looked it up that's cool, just curious.
Old 02-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #272
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodTenor View Post
Yes, you are correct.

I'm not the one who answered, but I'm actually old enough to remember when that happened. I've never seen a production of Pippin--but I know every word of almost every song. In those days, some NY radio stations played Broadway soundtracks on Sunday nights. And Pippin was one of the first shows to advertise on TV, so I bought the soundtrack because I liked some of the songs.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #273
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
I thought you knew me well enough to know that ABBA scares me. I will not see Mamma Mia.
That goes double! Never had any interest in that one.

I saw Jersey Boys in December. The music was great and it was a lot of fun, but the show itself is just OK.

Quote:
I've seen Wicked a few times (JenM and I won the lottery for it five years ago--wow, that was a long time ago Jen).
I can't believe that was so long ago...I only saw it that one time. I almost saw it again when I was in London but the 'special deal' tickets they were advertising at one of the ticket booths had sold out already.
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #274
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I thought you knew me well enough to know that ABBA scares me. I will not see Mamma Mia.

I've seen Wicked a few times (JenM and I won the lottery for it five years ago--wow, that was a long time ago Jen).
Ok Karen....W H A T E V E R!!!!!!!!!!!!!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:56 PM   #275
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy1961 View Post
I'm not the one who answered, but I'm actually old enough to remember when that happened. I've never seen a production of Pippin--but I know every word of almost every song. In those days, some NY radio stations played Broadway soundtracks on Sunday nights. And Pippin was one of the first shows to advertise on TV, so I bought the soundtrack because I liked some of the songs.
My high school did Pippin - I can't sing at all, so I wasn't involved in the show, but my cousin played one of the leads (she can sing!). That's a great show, I'd love to see that come back to B'way one day.
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:32 PM   #276
The LK 4
Don't make me get out my spoon!
Now you know why I don't have time to clean my house!
Bananas just aren't appealing today
Proud owner of a Bunco Butt with dice bloomers

I'm heading to NYC tomorrow! My coworker and I are attending a conference Thursday and Friday during the day. Because of recommendations in this thread (thanks!) we're going to try and get the special $20 seats for The Marvelous Wonderettes tomorrow night. Thursday night, we will hopefully score lottery tickets for Avenue Q, and then we have tickets for Mary Poppins on Friday.

I saw Jersey Boys for the second time two nights ago in Pittsburgh, and I loved every minute of it!
Old 02-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #277
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

I just watched the "Rent Filmed on Broadway" DVD. I thought they did a really good job of capturing the show. I'm very grateful to have it, even though I didn't like some of the cast members. I guess after seeing "Rent" 48 times on stage, you become partial to certain cast members.

I wish that they had better extra footage on the DVD though. I wish that they had more stuff with the original Broadway cast, and some of the old press reels from that cast. They could have made the extra footage so much better.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:38 PM   #278
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LK 4 View Post
I'm heading to NYC tomorrow! My coworker and I are attending a conference Thursday and Friday during the day. Because of recommendations in this thread (thanks!) we're going to try and get the special $20 seats for The Marvelous Wonderettes tomorrow night. Thursday night, we will hopefully score lottery tickets for Avenue Q, and then we have tickets for Mary Poppins on Friday.

I saw Jersey Boys for the second time two nights ago in Pittsburgh, and I loved every minute of it!
Have a really great time in the BIG APPLE!!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #279
AllisonK
Be Marvelous!!!

Quote:
we're going to try and get the special $20 seats for The Marvelous Wonderettes tomorrow night.
If you get them you'll absolutely love it! My friend and I are going (well, I'm going back haha) on Saturday doing student rush (only $25 so not bad at all) and are so looking forward to it!

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 4/96 - Dixie Landings ~ 11/98 - MK Only ~ 4/00 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 1/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 1/12 - Pop Century
AllisonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #280
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnes! View Post
I wish you were teaching that subject in our nearby high school, you sound like someone who understands technical theatre AND performing AND loves to teach AND is encouraging. Wow. I really REALLY wish you taught here. But *sigh*... Long story, and not for a public forum.

agnes!
That is so sweet, and it really means a lot to me. I am blessed to work in a district that sees the value in fine arts education. All of our high schools have a dedicated theatre teacher, and a dedicated technical theatre teacher. Right now I am trying to add a musical theatre course for the 2010-2011 school year that I would teach, and the other theatre teacher and I work on a level and equal field, as we do all show work together from picking the show, through casting, through rehearsals and builds to close. Your words are very inspiring to me!

So, DH and I are watching an episode of The Dog Whisperer, and this episode is about the Yorkie that is owned by Eden Espinoza who is Elphaba on Wicked in Hollywood, and how he barks backstage through the entire production. Hehehe.
Linzybrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #281
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodTenor View Post
Yes, you are correct.

It just popped into my head. I answered, then I looked it up to see if I was right.

I remember watching Liza with a Z with my mother when it was originally on television. I was in high school, so I'm really dating myself here.

I've been interested in musical theater as long as I can remember. I grew up listening to the original cast albums of Guys & Dolls, Brigadoon, and The Music Man.

Kathy

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #282
The LK 4
Don't make me get out my spoon!
Now you know why I don't have time to clean my house!
Bananas just aren't appealing today
Proud owner of a Bunco Butt with dice bloomers

Allison - I'm downloading the soundtrack now!
Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 AM   #283
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
Was a man last time I checked
I can fart with my back

Quote:

That's great! I'm glad this thread helped you.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:50 AM   #284
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I'm making JenM go see "Guys & Dolls" with me next month. I've always wanted to see it, and I'm really curious to see Lauren Graham in it. It's goint to be weird sitting in that theatre and not seeing "Rent" though.

I'm also hoping to catch the Little Mermaid next month when I'm in NYC. I'll have room for one or two more shows as well

I just picked up the Rent on Broadway DVD. Not sure if I really want to watch it, but I had to have it. hehe.
Here's hoping the interior gets a huge rehab...it was more than a little depressing last spring.
Guys and Dolls will be fun. And you have to see Little Mermaid....visually, it was incredible. I wasn't all that crazy about some of the addtl music, but I guess that's what happens when they add music to something so familiar already.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #285
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

[
Kat tries on Anthony's costume during the tour.

Kat doing her trivia, and the judges reactions.

Kat's actual 'For Good' presentation

Kat accepts her 'Master of Good Deeds' certificate after winning the competition...is actually in tears. Then joined in for the singing of 'For Good'.

Just thought I would be a proud mama, and share photos from this weekends events.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: