Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 12:18 PM   #226
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
Was a man last time I checked
I can fart with my back

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Dear God...that anyone that height can move that way, let alone a man!!!! I have loved Tommy Tune for so long...I could just watch him dance for hours on end.
I've always enjoyed watching dancing, but it always amazes me when someone that tall can move so gracefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Kathy View Post
I saw both of them in the touring version of Bye Bye Birdie in Philadelphia. It was great.
That's cool. I would love to see Tommy Tune perform live.

Quote:
I've also seen Mandy Patinkin and Patti LuPone in their two person show, though I've never seen either of them in a show.

Kathy
Two more people I would love to see live.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #227
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
I can fart with my back

So, I was just poking around Broadway.com...

and discovered that Kristen Chenoweth (I love her) is in rehearsals for a revival of Music in the Air, music by Jerome Kern. I'm sitting here watching the video and I see who I think is Sierra Boggess, who played Ariel in Disney's The Little Mermaid. Here's the link to the video: http://www.broadway.com/Broadway-com...n_html/5015933 I like how Douglas Sills started the video. I tell you, it got my attention.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2009, 06:50 PM   #228
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodTenor View Post
See above in red for my response.

I'm glad you like it. And as I said above, let's keep this thread going. We all like theater, so this can be a place where we can all meet and talk about it.

That would be cool. Wanna plan it?

Sorry it took me so long to see this--it's been a busy night/day for me, and I haven't had a chance to check out what's been happening here!

I'm not much of a planner, but we'll see.....
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #229
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

Going to see Jesus Christ Superstar tomorrow at 2pm. Can't wait
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/7/14-8/23/14 -15 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:40 PM   #230
dzneelvr
A Disney Dolly
Doesn't mind if her gnomes kick the bucket after a year!

From the time I saw Yul Brynner in The King and I to Patti LuPone in Evita (Madonna was still in grade school) up to Jersey Boys last year, I've been blessed to witness excellent shows I'd have to say the pre-Broadway Chicago Spamelot--with all the major names and many more songs and scenes than actually made the final Broadway cut--has to rank at the top DD just saw Dirty Dancing and said it was pretty good. Jersey Boys is tops too, if you haven't seen it--make a point to.
dzneelvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:34 AM   #231
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzneelvr View Post
From the time I saw Yul Brynner in The King and I to Patti LuPone in Evita (Madonna was still in grade school) up to Jersey Boys last year, I've been blessed to witness excellent shows I'd have to say the pre-Broadway Chicago Spamelot--with all the major names and many more songs and scenes than actually made the final Broadway cut--has to rank at the top DD just saw Dirty Dancing and said it was pretty good. Jersey Boys is tops too, if you haven't seen it--make a point to.

I totally agree about JB especially is your a Frankie Valli
fan and grew up with his music. It is an awesome story
not to mention feeling like your at a Four Seasons concert!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 08:43 AM   #232
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

Anyone see the Marvelous Wonderettes yet?

I've heard nothing but awesome things about it. I'm thinking about taking my mom & her best friend to it when she visits in May.

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:10 AM   #233
AllisonK
Be Marvelous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMet View Post
Anyone see the Marvelous Wonderettes yet?

I've heard nothing but awesome things about it. I'm thinking about taking my mom & her best friend to it when she visits in May.
OMG I love this show! I saw it about two weeks ago and am going back next week with two of my friends. It doesn't really have much "substance" to it, if you like shows like that, but man is it fun!

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 4/96 - Dixie Landings ~ 11/98 - MK Only ~ 4/00 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 1/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 1/12 - Pop Century
AllisonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 09:24 AM   #234
MissMet
DVC Member, former NY Mets Season Tkt Holder & Blogging Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
OMG I love this show! I saw it about two weeks ago and am going back next week with two of my friends. It doesn't really have much "substance" to it, if you like shows like that, but man is it fun!
Awesome! That's what I've heard. I think we'll go see it. Now I just have to wait & see if they extend the discount they are offering now.

MissMet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:19 AM   #235
JenM
DIS Veteran

I saw In The Heights last night - it was terrific! I loved the music (I'm listening to the cast album now) and the dancing was fantastic. I'm so glad I got to see it before Lin Manuel Miranda left, he was great. It was a very fun show - my parents are both from the Bronx and have family around Washington Heights, so they really liked it too. My dad said it was like watching a show about his street.

And hi again to goofy4tink, who I ran into at the TKTS line last night (way for both us to figure out we were both posting on this thread and not realizing it!). Did you get to see The Little Mermaid?? Have fun at Wicked!
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:45 AM   #236
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I saw In The Heights last night - it was terrific! I loved the music (I'm listening to the cast album now) and the dancing was fantastic. I'm so glad I got to see it before Lin Manuel Miranda left, he was great. It was a very fun show - my parents are both from the Bronx and have family around Washington Heights, so they really liked it too. My dad said it was like watching a show about his street.

And hi again to goofy4tink, who I ran into at the TKTS line last night (way for both us to figure out we were both posting on this thread and not realizing it!). Did you get to see The Little Mermaid?? Have fun at Wicked!
Hi Jen!!! How strange was that, running into each other in Times Sq???? Never put two and two together here, and thought it was you that was posting.
Yes, we did get to see Little Mermaid....row P, dead center!!! And no one seated directly in front of us..not bad for $62 tickets. And they were filming a segment for Extreme Home Makeover there that night...4 rows in front of us...maybe we made it into the shots.
Kat did quite well at the Wicked workshop. Her 'For Good' project won..which meant I can now say that my dd has sung on Broadway. They brought her back up onstage to accept her certificate of Master of Good Deeds, and she got to sing For Good with the actors. It was just incredible. Then she got to take a backstage tour after the matinee....I went with her, as did her two friends from her troop that were there. A great day all the way around. Of course, since she was doing the backstage tour, she missed stage dooring. So, because we were staying just across the street, I told her we could stage door after the show that night. Left the hotel at 10:30 and waited for the show to end. Got some autographs, as well as photo with our tour guide (has been with Wicked for over 5 yrs), but evidently there was a going away party for a cast member, so Nicole (Elphaba) didn't get out until close to midnight, and through an exit on the other side of the bldg, But some kind soul told my dd that and she flew over to that exit. Caught Nicole just as she and her boyfriend were coming out. They actually walked, with Kat, over to meet me so I could take a photo....really very nice of them.
Now to look forward to seeing some stuff in London in two weeks.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:16 AM   #237
sharonW
DIS Veteran

LK was excellent!!! Its a not to be missed show
for any disney lover! I had seen it many yrs ago
but it was really like seeing it for the first time
since it was sooo long ago. Throughly enjoyed
it! hmmmmmm, wonder what show I'll see next,
there are so many to choose from!!! Can't get
enough of Broadway!!!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:51 AM   #238
agnes!
*sigh*
He had a yowl that could peel paper
I would never joke around about making money
My AI Loser Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzybrooke View Post
Not really, I'm a high school theatre teacher. Mostly the technical side, but I can sing a mad musical number. I used to do a lot more performing, but a knee injury kept me from seriously pursuing the performance side of the art. I got my degree in scenic design, and loooove teaching my students about the different aspects of theatre. Its great to see new students develop a love for the theatre! Maybe someday I will pursue it professionally, but for now I'm happy!

I wish you were teaching that subject in our nearby high school, you sound like someone who understands technical theatre AND performing AND loves to teach AND is encouraging. Wow. I really REALLY wish you taught here. But *sigh*... Long story, and not for a public forum.

agnes!

*this* spot still sacred to
Those no longer here - you are not forgotten...........
(also remembering all the pets who have owned me, including "James", "Sugar", "Gabriel" & "Nancy")
Thanks to Grumpy Pirate I sometimes do have a seasonal smilie. I also remember when American Idol was GOOD.
Do not read beauty magazines...they will only make you feel UGLY.
agnes! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 08:00 AM   #239
CapeCodTenor
I can fart with my back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
And hi again to goofy4tink, who I ran into at the TKTS line last night (way for both us to figure out we were both posting on this thread and not realizing it!).
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Hi Jen!!! How strange was that, running into each other in Times Sq???? Never put two and two together here, and thought it was you that was posting.
That's totally cool you two met up in Times Sq. To quote a movie, "Of all the gen joints in all the world..." hehehe I love it when something like that happens.

I know this isn't on B'way, more like off off off off off off off off off off off off off B'way, but one of the local community theater companies I perform with is considering doing the Secret Garden next season. I am so pyched over this I stand it. I have been wanting to play Archibald Craven for years. I love the songs A bit of Earth and Lilies Eyes, I've sung both before, just never in the context of the show. I just had to mention this.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #240
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodTenor View Post
That's totally cool you two met up in Times Sq. To quote a movie, "Of all the gen joints in all the world..." hehehe I love it when something like that happens.

I know this isn't on B'way, more like off off off off off off off off off off off off off B'way, but one of the local community theater companies I perform with is considering doing the Secret Garden next season. I am so pyched over this I stand it. I have been wanting to play Archibald Craven for years. I love the songs A bit of Earth and Lilies Eyes, I've sung both before, just never in the context of the show. I just had to mention this.
I loved Secret Garden! I saw that back in 1992 (I forgot to add it to my list). wonderful music, and I agree, those songs are wonderful. And a little bit OT, but after reading Harry Potter, and then hearing Lily's Eyes, a chill went down my spine. Remember how often it was mentioned that Harry had his mother's eyes?
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: