Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2009, 08:03 AM   #211
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
Was a man last time I checked
I can fart with my back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggger1 View Post
I got to perform on stage with Betty Buckley My director( director, voice teacher,family friend) knows Betty and asked her to come down and do a concert in Southeastern MA a few years ago. She did a master class and a concert and we got to since on stage with her! She was so nice. She signed autographed and stayed until everyone got one.

We also had Shirley Jones come and perform when we did Music Man. She was in her trailer and snuck inside to listen. Someone pulled the fire alarm and we had to stop the show. After they let us all back in, she came out and said hi and watched another 15 minutes of the show...

I have pictures of both if anyone is interested....
That's totally cool. I would have loved to perform with her on stage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamia View Post
We truly enjoyed Lion King! Especially the second act! Pure Disney, great voices!
You know, I still have yet to see Lion King. I need to get there at some point.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 AM   #212
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Anyone seen Billy Elliot?? If so,
how did you like it.
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2009, 09:09 AM   #213
Karamia
Mouseketeer

View from the upper floor of the Minskoff

Though I probably wouldn't see this again, unlike Les Mis and Miss Saigon which I saw numerous times, it is also one not to miss. Endless Nights and He lives in You brought tears to my eyes. Great performances.

Hakuna Matata!

Sharon, you will have a wonderful time!
Karamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:19 AM   #214
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
View from the upper floor of the Minskoff

Though I probably wouldn't see this again, unlike Les Mis and Miss Saigon which I saw numerous times, it is also one not to miss. Endless Nights and He lives in You brought tears to my eyes. Great performances.

Hakuna Matata!

Sharon, you will have a wonderful time!

THANKS!! I'm excited, it should be a great family
day, and a Disney one at that!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:40 AM   #215
Karamia
Mouseketeer

I figured the pictures would add to the excitement!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #216
Karamia
Mouseketeer

Oh and I added a photo of Grand Central Station to my sig.

since we watched the train pull away and had to wait a half hour.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #217
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
Was a man last time I checked
I can fart with my back

So I'm poking around Youtube during lunch and came across a video of Tommy Tune and Ann Reinking performing "Just in Time," and can I just that Tommy Tune can dance. Ok, I know he's a dancer, but I've never seen him dance before and he moves so gracefully across the stage.

Here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW8YdB66O7s
Old 01-29-2009, 12:31 PM   #218
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I figured the pictures would add to the excitement!
Most Definitely!! THANKS!!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #219
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Anyone seen Billy Elliot?? If so,
how did you like it.
I saw it in London. We liked it so much we went back the next night and saw it again. And we ended up seeing mostly a whole new cast the 2nd time, since there are multiple actors playing the kids in the show and a lot of the adult cast changed as well.

It's a great show. The boy playing Billy has at least 4 major dance sequences in the show, and they are all fantastic. The "angry dance" that ends Act 1 and the arial ballet in Act 2 were the main reasons I wanted to see it again!

The movie is one of my favorites, and I thought they did a great job adapting it to the stage. My sister saw the Broadway version, and she said it was fantastic.

Here's the finale of Angry Dance - just incredible! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4foXk4hhbk
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #220
piney
DIS Veteran

Dh just got us tickets to see HAIR in April! I'm so excited, I was around 10 years old when it first came out in the '60's, I love the music.

http://www.hairthemusical.com/
piney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #221
BouncingTigger
[hope]

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
We're going to see if we can get In The Heights for Friday night!!! We don't get into the city until about 4:30, so hopefully, tkts will have some for that show. Dd's friend is going down to the SoHo area for a haircut..rather than tag along, I figured dd and I could see something. She is begging for In The Heights. How funny.
I belive my words were "I REALLY want to see Little Mermaid, In The Heights is my second choice."
I could be mistaken. Anywho, I'm fairly sure that Mermaid will be easier to get than Heights. And uhm, Mermaid involves Heidi Blickenstaff as Ursula. Which I will say, is so fierce.

BouncingTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #222
AllisonK
Be Marvelous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncingTigger View Post
I belive my words were "I REALLY want to see Little Mermaid, In The Heights is my second choice."
I could be mistaken. Anywho, I'm fairly sure that Mermaid will be easier to get than Heights. And uhm, Mermaid involves Heidi Blickenstaff as Ursula. Which I will say, is so fierce.
Haha my friend and I were just talking about going to see Little Mermaid soon - just to see Heidi!!! She's got a fantastic voice!

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 4/96 - Dixie Landings ~ 11/98 - MK Only ~ 4/00 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 1/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 1/12 - Pop Century
AllisonK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #223
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodTenor View Post
So am I. Let's continue talking Broadway.
Thanks for starting this!! I started a few but they
didn't last this long!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:31 AM   #224
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
So I'm poking around Youtube during lunch and came across a video of Tommy Tune and Ann Reinking performing "Just in Time," and can I just that Tommy Tune can dance. Ok, I know he's a dancer, but I've never seen him dance before and he moves so gracefully across the stage.

Here's the video:
Dear God...that anyone that height can move that way, let alone a man!!!! I have loved Tommy Tune for so long...I could just watch him dance for hours on end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BouncingTigger View Post
Leave me alone you little witch...you'll see what you see. Making no promises here. We'll do what we can do. Oops, you won't read this before we leave..oh well!!!
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #225
DVC Kathy
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Here's the video:
I saw both of them in the touring version of Bye Bye Birdie in Philadelphia. It was great.

I've also seen Mandy Patinkin and Patti LuPone in their two person show, though I've never seen either of them in a show.

Kathy

DVC Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: