Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #2056
N&B'smom
Cancer Survivor
I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my...displeasure."

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedlemom View Post
Anyone been to the updated Jekyll and Hyde Restaurant in Times Square lately? Hoping to go there on Mother's Day.
Our friend just went last Wednesday! They said it was awesome!!!!

Anyone go see Matilda?? Taking DD9 to see this on her birthday in Aug, her first ever Broadway show!!!

If you have to ask, you will never know. If you know, you need only ask. ~ Rowena Ravenclaw

Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy. ~ Albus Dumbledore
N&B'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:24 PM   #2057
Missy1961
Knows who did it and why
Fell for it on 17th birthday
Can't travel in old underwear and socks!
Stop eating with food in your mouths!

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post

Anyone go see Matilda?? Taking DD9 to see this on her birthday in Aug, her first ever Broadway show!!!
I haven't seen it, but I've heard wonderful things about it. Should be a fun time.
Castle Every morning I bring you a cup of coffee, just so I can see a smile on your face. Because I think you are the most remarkable, maddening, challenging, frustrating, person I've ever met. And I love you Kate

Castle: Everything Iíve ever done, every choice Iíve ever made, every terrible or wonderful thing thatís ever happened to me, itís all led me to right here, this moment with you.

Beckett: I need you to know that our partnership, our relationship, is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. You're an amazing man and I love you with all of my heart. Always.

Beckett: I found the tape. I found it. It's over. Senator Bracken, you are under arrest for conspiracy, fraud and the murder of my mother, Johanna Beckett.

Castle: She's proud of you. Wherever she is, she's proud.
Missy1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #2058
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by N&B'smom View Post

I saw it, it was great! It's very faithful to the original Roald Dahl book, and it's funny, totally twisted, and very sweet.

The cast is incredible. We saw Milly Shapiro as Matilda (there are 4 girls sharing the role who alternate at each performance) and she was amazing - and so tiny! Milly is 10 years old, but Matilda is only 5, and she still totally looked 5 on stage. Bertie Carvel is hysterical and completely terrifying as Miss Trunchbull, and the couple who play Matilda's parents are also really horrible and hysterical too. Like I said, it's a really twisted show!

But it was awesome. My mom liked it so much that she just got tickets to see it again so she can take my dad can see it.

Have a great time!
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #2059
aprilgail2
Ikea- Swedish for CRAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I saw it, it was great! It's very faithful to the original Roald Dahl book, and it's funny, totally twisted, and very sweet.

The cast is incredible. We saw Milly Shapiro as Matilda (there are 4 girls sharing the role who alternate at each performance) and she was amazing - and so tiny! Milly is 10 years old, but Matilda is only 5, and she still totally looked 5 on stage. Bertie Carvel is hysterical and completely terrifying as Miss Trunchbull, and the couple who play Matilda's parents are also really horrible and hysterical too. Like I said, it's a really twisted show!

But it was awesome. My mom liked it so much that she just got tickets to see it again so she can take my dad can see it.

Have a great time!
Can't wait! We are going May 19th!
Old 05-07-2013, 10:07 PM   #2060
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

I see Matilda on May 16th, and Pippin on May 10th! Very much looking forward to both!

I saw Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike last week. I enjoyed it, but I definitely didn't love it.

BrdwayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:15 PM   #2061
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdwayBoy
I see Matilda on May 16th, and Pippin on May 10th! Very much looking forward to both!

I saw Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike last week. I enjoyed it, but I definitely didn't love it.
We have tickets for Vanya. I am looking forward to it.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #2062
BrdwayBoy

I hope you enjoy it!

I'm actually very disappointed that I wasn't able to catch The Testament of Mary. :-(

Old 05-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #2063
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrdwayBoy
I hope you enjoy it!

I'm actually very disappointed that I wasn't able to catch The Testament of Mary. :-(
That one sounded interesting.

If I could see everything I wanted to see, I'd be at the theater 2-3 times a week . . .

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #2064
BrdwayBoy

Me too; wouldn't that be an amazing thing? LOL

My best friend saw it and raved about Fiona Shaw (I have to admit, I'm a big Fiona Shaw fan).

Have you (or anyone else) seen Murder Ballad?

I also have tickets for Nikolai and the Others and Far From Heaven; both in June.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #2065
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
So disappointed. We have tickets for Jekyll & Hyde but won't get a chance to see it after all, the show just posted its closing notice and will close just days before we would have seen it.
We're in the same boat! Bought tix for our June/July trip and got notified yesterday that they're closing after Mother's Day.

Oh well, time to find another show to put in it's place.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #2066
Kimberle
WL Vet

We saw Spiderman. I didn't expect much going in, but was very surprised! We LOVED the show. It has great character development and story line. The ariel work is amazing.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level

Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #2067
BrdwayBoy

Just saw PIPPIN last night. It was absolutely incredible... it's not my favorite show, but after seeing it last night I do have to say that this production is without a doubt one of the best productions I have ever seen. I'm already planning a return visit.

If you get the chance *RUN* and see it! I don't know what ticket sales are generally like, but I do know that last night's performance was sold out; they do offer Standing Room Only (SRO).

Next week:Macbeth and Matilda!

Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #2068
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

I have a quick question. We plan on going to NYC next year over Christmas break. My boys well be 19 and 18. What would you recommend we go see. My oldest loves Phantom of the Opera. He has the movie. Me not so much. I couldn't even last 10 min into the movie.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:48 AM   #2069
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
I have a quick question. We plan on going to NYC next year over Christmas break. My boys well be 19 and 18. What would you recommend we go see. My oldest loves Phantom of the Opera. He has the movie. Me not so much. I couldn't even last 10 min into the movie.
I've never been to new york so I don't know what all is playing but I will say that the stage version is so much better than the movie.

MissDisney121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #2070
BrdwayBoy

Saw Matilda on Friday night; absolutely loved it! I also saw Milly Shapiro in the title role, and thought she was incredible. Actually, I was in awe of all of the children on that stage! That choreography looks hard enough as it is, and not a single one of those children missed a beat. Beyond impressive! My mind was blown by the alphabet sequence with the blocks and the gates. I was expecting a little more "magic", but really enjoyed the show overall. "When I Grow Up" is currently my favorite song and has been on repeat all weekend!

I also saw Pippin and Macbeth last week. Pippin was an amazing night at the theatre, and is my choice for winning Best Revival of a Musical at the TONYS next month.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: