Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #1996
AllisonK
Be Marvelous!!!

I saw Sister Act in Providence on Tuesday and I got to play critic! I work for a local newspaper as a copy editor and our paper has press tickets to just about everything that comes through PPAC - only catch is we have to write a review. I jumped at taking the Sister Act tickets months ago. Here's my review (for some reason a few paragraphs got cut... grr)
http://www.heraldnews.com/newsnow/x8...e-love-at-PPAC

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 4/96 - Dixie Landings ~ 11/98 - MK Only ~ 4/00 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 1/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 1/12 - Pop Century
AllisonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #1997
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

Not Broadway exactly, but just wanted to share that my husband and I are both in a community theater production of The Producers next month. He is Roger DeBris, and I am Shirley Markowitz, among other smaller ensemble parts. We are in that last rough few weeks where you don't think things are going to come together...but it always does. I love that it is an interest we have and common and something that we can do together.

So if any of you are in the Northeast WI area and want to see a great show, come see us!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 12:07 PM   #1998
Art 1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
I saw Sister Act in Providence on Tuesday and I got to play critic! I work for a local newspaper as a copy editor and our paper has press tickets to just about everything that comes through PPAC - only catch is we have to write a review. I jumped at taking the Sister Act tickets months ago. Here's my review (for some reason a few paragraphs got cut... grr)
Nice review. I saw it on Broadway at the Broadway theatre and really enjoyed it. Saw in when it toured through Orlando and didn't care too much for it the second time.
Art 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:43 PM   #1999
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK
Nice review.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DISBoards
Lorelei Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #2000
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach
Not Broadway exactly, but just wanted to share that my husband and I are both in a community theater production of The Producers next month. He is Roger DeBris, and I am Shirley Markowitz, among other smaller ensemble parts. We are in that last rough few weeks where you don't think things are going to come together...but it always does. I love that it is an interest we have and common and something that we can do together.

So if any of you are in the Northeast WI area and want to see a great show, come see us!
Sounds great.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #2001
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

We saw Frankie Valli in concert last night. Guess that's sort of Broadway-ish, since he's the subject of Jersey Boys.

Old 04-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #2002
JenM
DIS Veteran

I saw Matilda this afternoon, with my mom and sister. We loved it! It's much closer to the original Roald Dahl book and not the movie version, so it's very British (there's a Doctor Who reference in one of the songs!) and since I never really liked the movie version, it's much better.

The staging is fantastic, especially the Act 2 opening song with the swings, and the scene with the Trunchbull goes after the poor kid with the pigtails.

We saw Milly Shapiro as Matilda, and she was terrific - and so tiny! Bertie Carvel, who played the Trunchbull (yes, the headmistress is played by a man) was hysterical. Horrible, but hysterical! He was in the Les Mis movie too, he was the guy who gets Fantine arrested (the one she scratches in the face). He made Miss Hannigan look like Maria from The Sound of Music.

But it was really great - totally dark and twisted, very funny, but really sweet too.

I've been excited to see the show since I first heard the score last summer, and I wasn't disappointed. My mom already wants to go back and see it again.
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:06 PM   #2003
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
We saw Frankie Valli in concert last night. Guess that's sort of Broadway-ish, since he's the subject of Jersey Boys.

Did he say anything about Annette Funicello?
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #2004
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi

Did he say anything about Annette Funicello?
That would have been Frankie Avalon, not Frankie Valli.

Old 04-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #2005
AllisonK
Be Marvelous!!!

Seeing Book of Mormon tonight in Boston. My mother and I had planned to come in anyway and try the lottery and with the attacks at the marathon yesterday we weren't even sure the show would still happen, but we were out shopping in Braintree and decided to come out and try the lottery anyway. They said that for every other performance there has only been 20 available tickets, but they must have called 35-40 names. But I am so glad that Boston is already slowly starting to rebound...

4/93 - Caribbean Beach Resort ~ 4/96 - Dixie Landings ~ 11/98 - MK Only ~ 4/00 - Port Orleans French Quarter ~ 1/09 - Port Orleans Riverside ~ 1/12 - Pop Century
AllisonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #2006
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonK View Post
Seeing Book of Mormon tonight in Boston. My mother and I had planned to come in anyway and try the lottery and with the attacks at the marathon yesterday we weren't even sure the show would still happen, but we were out shopping in Braintree and decided to come out and try the lottery anyway. They said that for every other performance there has only been 20 available tickets, but they must have called 35-40 names. But I am so glad that Boston is already slowly starting to rebound...
Glad you had the chance to enjoy.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:08 PM   #2007
Lorelei Lee
DIS Veteran

Loved, loved, loved Kinky Boots. Billy Porter as Lola was fabulous. The music was incredible. The dancing and the costumes were amazing. Can't wait for the cast album.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #2008
snapppyd

Is the daughter a member of the Dis?
Every day seems to be April Fool's Day on the Dis lately

Location: Donna Reedville Mind Blown, Reeking Lumstown, OlderthanDirtboro, Only post the good ones, They Must be done away with at all costs,USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelei Lee View Post
Loved, loved, loved Kinky Boots. Billy Porter as Lola was fabulous. The music was incredible. The dancing and the costumes were amazing. Can't wait for the cast album.

Glad to see another glowing review, we loved it!!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:56 PM   #2009
MissDisney121
DIS Veteran

Has anyone seen "Big Fish The Musical" yet in Chicago. I'm going on Sunday and wanted to see if anyone had seen it.

MissDisney121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #2010
tweedlemom
DIS Veteran

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!

DH was in NYC for the last 3 days for business. Came home today with a surprise--tickets for the whole family for "Peter and the Starcatcher" on Mother's Day! I've been wanting to see this for awhile.

I CANNOT wait!!!

tweedlemom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: