Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 05:50 PM   #1501
Kimberle
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDisney121 View Post
Yeah we had Rock of Ages here last year too before Constantine left the show and it was amazing. It must of been really popular here since they are bringing it back so soon. I can't wait to see it again. I'm questioning going to Jersey Boys, I know how popular it is but it just doesn't seem like my thing. Normally I wouldn't have been that excited about Million Dollar Quartet but they had the main performers from the Chicago show there at the announcement and they played like 6 songs and were amazing so I'm really excited about that one. My mom about had a heart attack when she heard about Les Mis.
I saw Jersey Boys last year. It was just "ok" for me. I'm not big into that kind of music and didn't appreaciate all the swearing.
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #1502
KYfriedPanda
Mouseketeer

I love Jersey Boys... It surprises a lot of people who don't think they'll enjoy it!

Quote:
Yeah we had Rock of Ages here last year too before Constantine left the show and it was amazing. It must of been really popular here since they are bringing it back so soon. I can't wait to see it again. I'm questioning going to Jersey Boys, I know how popular it is but it just doesn't seem like my thing. Normally I wouldn't have been that excited about Million Dollar Quartet but they had the main performers from the Chicago show there at the announcement and they played like 6 songs and were amazing so I'm really excited about that one. My mom about had a heart attack when she heard about Les Mis.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-07-2012, 06:32 PM   #1503
Canadian Disney Mom
Formerly Tollerwalker - original join date July 2005

Subbing
Past Trips to Disneyworld, Disneyland, and Disney Cruises:WDW-1: May 1998 (Off Property), WDW-2: Apr 2002 (Off Property), WDW-3: Feb 2005 (All-Star Movies), WDW-4: Apr 2006 (SSR), WDW-5: April 2008 (AKV Jambo), WDW-6: Dec 2009 (AKV Kidani & SSR), WDW-7: Jul 2010 (AKV Jambo), WDW-8: Apr 2011 (Off Property), WDW-9: Jun-Jul 2012 (BLT, BWV & AKV Jambo), WDW-10: Dec 2012-Jan 2013 (AKV Jambo), WDW-11: Mar 2013 (BLT & AKV Kidani), WDW-12: June/July 2014 (AKV Jambo, VFW),WDW-13: Nov 2014 (VGF),WDW-14: Mar 2015 (BLT),DLR-1: Nov 2010 (Off Property), DLR-2: Jan 2012 (VGC), DCL-1: Jan 2012 (Disney Wonder 7 night MR)
Twitter ID: @CanadaDisneyMom
Canadian Disney Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #1504
czycropper
DIS Veteran

I'm taking my DDs and a friend to see Newsies and we can't wait next Wednesday! I got the tickets eons ago and part of the package is that we're all getting bookbags, of course my DDs are both saying that I really don't need a bookbag and they could use it - yeah, right!

I'm hoping to get tickets to see Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar for the summer with my DD since she's going for a couple of dance workshops in the City but we'll see.

Has anyone seen Newsies on Broadway and how does it compare to the Papermill production? Yes, we saw it at the Papermill as well!

1972 - 1975 - Offsite; 1976 - Contemporary; 1977-1988 - Off site; 1992 - POR/Swan; 2004 - Poly Concierge; 2005 - off site; 2008 - 6/22-6/26 @CBR for dance with Disney Magical Music Days
2009 - 5/22-27 - quick trip to Discovery Cove & Busch Gardens
2011 - WWoHP

Non-Orlando trips
2006 - Colorado
2007 - Caribbean
2010 - Galapagos
2012 - Cedar Point/Holiday World/Hershey Park/Great Adventure/Dorney Park - aka "The Great Roller Coaster Vacation"
2013 - England & France
czycropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:45 PM   #1505
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

My ds saw it both at Papermill and a couple of weeks ago in NYC. He loved both. His comment about Broadway was "Awesome" He didn't say that there was toomuch different.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:59 PM   #1506
auntie
It's a really lovely way to spend the afternoon
THAT does sound good ;)
Everything I type sounds wierd today
I am the underwear fairy

Just got my daughter who just turned 25 tickets to see Newsies as a birthday gift. She loved the movie, back in the day. They are for the first Sunday in August. I'm so glad they extended the show. She was thrilled with her gift.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #1507
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by czycropper View Post
I'm taking my DDs and a friend to see Newsies and we can't wait next Wednesday! I got the tickets eons ago and part of the package is that we're all getting bookbags, of course my DDs are both saying that I really don't need a bookbag and they could use it - yeah, right!

I'm hoping to get tickets to see Evita and Jesus Christ Superstar for the summer with my DD since she's going for a couple of dance workshops in the City but we'll see.

Has anyone seen Newsies on Broadway and how does it compare to the Papermill production? Yes, we saw it at the Papermill as well!
I saw Jesus Christ Superstar at Papermill a couple decades ago. It was fantastic. That was one of the reasons I decided NOT to see it on Broadway after all. Plus the fact that I'm an orchestra seat snob and was being cheap at the same time. I couldn't get a good orchestra seat for the price I wanted to pay. Yes, I know, orchestra = expensive.

Then I saw a commercial for JCS and I didn't like the staging. It looked too much like the movie made back in the 70's. Yes, I know that it is probably closer to how Andrew Lloyd Webber & the director had originally envisioned the show. But, the few times that I have seen the show - Broadway touring company, Papermill and a college production, it was set in a more "traditional" setting to when JC was alive and only the song, "Jesus Christ Superstar" was set futuristic-ally with sequins, etc.

Anyway, I found out the whole movie of Jesus Christ Superstar is on YouTube. I used my Firefox app to download the whole thing in case it ever gets deleted off YouTube.

Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LvcmutAj28
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #1508
Kimberle
WL Vet

Just back from Newsies! Oh my gosh!! EXCELLENT show!!! The dancing was spectacular! The use the entire height of the stage, so don't think the balcony seats are bad! See it if you can!
Sept 04 CR 14th fl Concierge Aug 06 Royal Pacific, Club Level Aug 07 AKL, Club Level Aug 08, POR Aug 09 Beach Club Dec 10, Xmas in Tahiti Aug 11, WL Aug 12, Hawaii Apr 13, BC July 14, HRH, CR-MK Club Level
Kimberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #1509
crazyme5kids
DIS Veteran

About a month ago my son said all he wanted for his birthday was to see Jersey Boys. He told my mother that it wouldn't happen because tickets are sold out so far in advance.

His birthday is tomorrow, and this morning we gave him his birthday present. He was shocked when he opened the box and found two tickets for todays matinee! My husband went with him, and they just got back a little while ago. He loved it. They had 9th row center.

Oh, we saw JC while it was in previews and really enjoyed it. My daughter (10 years old) didn't want to go, but we didn't give her an option. She had a blast and didn't stop singing songs from it for a week.
crazyme5kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:05 PM   #1510
BelleBriarRose
Mouseketeer

Newsies is next on my list of shows to see. Most recently, I have seen Lion King, which was great and definitely inspired me to see more Broadway adaptations of Disney movies.
BelleBriarRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:03 PM   #1511
donac
BL6 Black Team Captain
The Vanilla Rooibus was heavenly
Heigh ho - Heigh ho - It's off to lose weight I go...

We got to talk to my son today about Newsies at Papermill vs Broadway. He said they were pretty the same except for one number that he could think of. There was a small tap number at Papermill and they expanded it on Broadway. He said the cool part was they included spoons. I guess similar to the Gaston number with pewter mugs.

Good luck to anyone trying to get tickets.
Dona July 1980 with DH family Nov 1984 Last trip before kids Aug 1988 Poly 10th AnnvAug 1992 Port Orleans Other trips I can't nameAug 2002 POFQ, FW, AS sp with Sean and the girls Aug 2003 FW Our 25th Annv Trip Aug 2005 Camping with the Knotts Aug 2006 Twin Sister Trip Aug 2008 30 Anniv/grad Trip 2009 POFQ just us 2012 Grand Gathering with Sedlaks
donac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:20 PM   #1512
Imzadi
I can shoot a gun, but I'm scared to open a can of biscuits
Point Free Zone
I'm the only one getting lumpy hummus
Like Pakey's

Location: NYC - "They may take our lives, but they'll never take our FREEDOM!"

Whoops wrong thread.
There are one billion, billion, planets capable of supporting life, like ours. And in all of that,
and maybe even more, there is only one of each of us. Don't destroy the one named Kirk."
.........~ Dr. Leonard McCoy to Captain James T. Kirk
. . . . . . . Scotty, beam me up! . . . . . .
Balls by Kimmar I've been Grumpy Pirated! Turkeyed by figment52
Bewitched by Evil Genius!
Thanks!
Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:29 PM   #1513
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Oh My God I am just so excited right now. I just got home from the Announcement event at the civic center here in Des Moines where they announced the 2012-2013 broadway season. I am so excited. I'm gonna list them here to see what you all think of them and for Deb in IA.
Les Miserables, Beauty and the Beast, War Horse, The Book of Mormon, Jekyll & Hyde (pre broadway run with Constantine Maroulis!!!!!), Rock of Ages, Jersey Boys and Million Dollar Quartet (who performed tonight at the announcement and were amazing). I am beyond excited about this whole line up and can't wait to buy my season tickets.
Cool!

Really excited about Les Mis, Beauty and the Beast, Book of Mormon, and Jekyll and Hyde.

Not sure yet about JerseyBoys and Rock of Ages, but we will see.

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #1514
BrdwayBoy
"I know now that theatre saved my life." - S. Stroman.

WAR HORSE is amazing.

BrdwayBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:18 PM   #1515
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
Even more set pictures from Les Miserables here, looks like they're filming the Soliloquy song after the bishop scene (there were also pictures of Colm Wilkinson on set yesterday, he's playing the Bishop):

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Hugh+Ja...es/xxh1V0XfZ3h

Looks amazing!
Meant to thank you for that link!

Those pictures are fantastic! Can't wait to see the finished product!
I'm so glad Colm Wilkinson is going to be in this movie. Although the rold of the Bishop is usually a bass/baritone, Colm has been a part of this show from the beginning, and it would have been a shame if he had not been in the movie.

Hugh looks like he got a bad haircut!

And so does Anne Hathaway!

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertai...shorter-locks/

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: