Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2009, 10:20 AM   #136
Karamia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoraJ View Post
I can't believe I never saw Cats. I don't know how that happened.

The music in Cats was worth every dime. For anyone who has ever lost a loved one, Memory is so gorgeous, but heart wrenching.
Karamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:17 AM   #137
Camicar
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Victor Garber still has a beautiful voice, 30 years after Sweeney Todd. He's one of my all time favorites.
Did you hear he's returning to Broadway this fall? He'll star in Present Laughter, directed by Nicholas Martin (who directed VG in the same play last year at the Huntington in Boston).
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #138
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Michael Jacksons THRILLER coming
to Broadway! Interesting!
sharonW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:58 PM   #139
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

I just had to share...I got to meet Angela Lansbury this weekend at a theatre conference. She is the sweetest, cutest woman in the world! She is about to play Madame Arcati in Blithe Spirit on Broadway! Also in the production are Rupert Everett, Christine Ebersole and Jayne Atkinson. I would looove to get to go see that one!
Linzybrooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:19 AM   #140
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linzybrooke View Post
I just had to share...I got to meet Angela Lansbury this weekend at a theatre conference. She is the sweetest, cutest woman in the world! She is about to play Madame Arcati in Blithe Spirit on Broadway! Also in the production are Rupert Everett, Christine Ebersole and Jayne Atkinson. I would looove to get to go see that one!
!!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:44 AM   #141
CapeCodTenor
Born on a small planet around Alpha Centauri and immigrated to Roswell, N.M. in 1947 with my parents.
Was a man last time I checked
I can fart with my back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Michael Jacksons THRILLER coming
to Broadway! Interesting!
I read this this morning, and I'm not too sure what to think of it.

Quote:
That's totally cool.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 AM   #142
MissyDVC
Well, technically, you never stated that you put on your flame suit
I have been hysterically laughing for the last 10 minutes
Gave a great gift, along with her dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The LK 4 View Post
To each his own, but honestly, you're the first person I've ever heard of who has disliked Wicked. Personally, I'm glad it was nothing like the book, which I hated.
I have seen it 5 times and could see it 50 more! It is, by far, my favorite and I have seen many B'way/Off B'way shows including:
A Chorus Line(original)
Cats
Phantom
Tommy
Secret Garden
Les Miz(MANY times)
Lion King
Kiss of the Spiderwoman
Beauty & the Beast
Little Shop
Into the Woods
Blood Brothers
Showboat
Crazy for You
And the World Goes Round
Miss Saigon

MissyDVC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #143
Karamia
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Very cool. What a star she is!! She is 80 by now, isn't she?

We are seeing Lion King tomorrow and it is supposed to snow. Grrrrrrr or should I say brrrrrrrrr?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #144
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Hmm Favorite shows!

Into the Woods
Phantom
Lion King
Rent
Black and Blue

We've been lucky to see many many stars on Broadway- Vanessa Williams,Michael Crawford, Sting(that show lasted only ONE day and we just happened to be there on opening and closing night all in one! the list goes on and on. We saw Young Frankenstein with Andrea Martin and Megan Mullally- hillarious!
But my favorite celeb interaction was when we got to meet Constantine from American Idol outside of The Wedding Singer. He was so funny and was joking with my friend and I - actually ragging on us- but we were laughing so hard. It was a great night and he topped it off by being so down to earth and approachable!
Another funny story from High School a friend had a major crush on Christopher Reeves. So she went to see him in something on Broadway- wearing her brand new white ski jacket to stand out. waited for him outside- waits for the autograph- he tells her to turn around so he can use her back to steady the paper.........

well she faints and he draws a line down the entire back of her down jacket!!! She never washed it. because it was his line. And she was fine just very embarrased.

Oh and for those with sons! A broadway producer we met said SPIDERMAN!! is coming to broadway in the theater where Young Frankenstein was.! Can't wait for that. Wonder who will be Spidey? (U2 signed on to do the music about a year ago double bonus for me!)
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:35 AM   #145
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
Hmm Favorite shows!

Into the Woods
Phantom
Lion King
Rent
Black and Blue

We've been lucky to see many many stars on Broadway- Vanessa Williams,Michael Crawford, Sting(that show lasted only ONE day and we just happened to be there on opening and closing night all in one! the list goes on and on. We saw Young Frankenstein with Andrea Martin and Megan Mullally- hillarious!
But my favorite celeb interaction was when we got to meet Constantine from American Idol outside of The Wedding Singer. He was so funny and was joking with my friend and I - actually ragging on us- but we were laughing so hard. It was a great night and he topped it off by being so down to earth and approachable!
Another funny story from High School a friend had a major crush on Christopher Reeves. So she went to see him in something on Broadway- wearing her brand new white ski jacket to stand out. waited for him outside- waits for the autograph- he tells her to turn around so he can use her back to steady the paper.........

well she faints and he draws a line down the entire back of her down jacket!!! She never washed it. because it was his line. And she was fine just very embarrased.

Oh and for those with sons! A broadway producer we met said SPIDERMAN!! is coming to broadway in the theater where Young Frankenstein was.! Can't wait for that. Wonder who will be Spidey? (U2 signed on to do the music about a year ago double bonus for me!)
Good Info!! Thanks!! Sounds like you've had
some fun broadway experiences!!!
Old 01-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #146
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karamia View Post
Very cool. What a star she is!! She is 80 by now, isn't she?

We are seeing Lion King tomorrow and it is supposed to snow. Grrrrrrr or should I say brrrrrrrrr?
She is 83, and looks incredible for her age. When I get the photo uploaded I will post it.

Have fun at Lion King! That show and B&B inspired me to do theatre for a living. I adore Julie Taymor!
Old 01-27-2009, 07:58 PM   #147
sharonW
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She is 83, and looks incredible for her age. When I get the photo uploaded I will post it.

Have fun at Lion King! That show and B&B inspired me to do theatre for a living. I adore Julie Taymor!
Do Theatre? Are you an actress?
Old 01-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #148
Linzybrooke
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonW View Post
Do Theatre? Are you an actress?
Not really, I'm a high school theatre teacher. Mostly the technical side, but I can sing a mad musical number. I used to do a lot more performing, but a knee injury kept me from seriously pursuing the performance side of the art. I got my degree in scenic design, and loooove teaching my students about the different aspects of theatre. Its great to see new students develop a love for the theatre! Maybe someday I will pursue it professionally, but for now I'm happy!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:11 PM   #149
MelanieC
BL II - Blue Team
Not off base any more
WISHing my way to success!
I'm lost again - What's new
DIS WAAAP -The smack on the head when you've been DIS'ing too long

I keep hoping they bring Cat's back - I would love to see that.

I've seen

Grease
Annie
Lion King
Phantom of the Opera in Vegas

We are going to see
Jesus Christ Superstar this saturday -I'm so excited

And we are going to see Phantom of the Opera in March.

The next two I'd like to see are Mama Mia and Rent
9/6/94-9/9/94 3nts Disneyland Hotel, 9/2/95-9/10/95 Offsite, 11/27/96-12/7/96 SOG, 11/25/99-12/5/99 ASMovies, 9/16/00-9/23/00 ASMovies, 11/24/01-12/09/01- 15 nts ASMovies, 11/23/02-11/08/02 - 15 nts ASMovies, 11/14/03-11/22/03 8 nts CR, 11/20/04-12/05/04-15 nts ASMovies, 7/16/05-7/31/05- 15 nts POP, 7/28/06-8/13/06- 16 nts POP 7/13/07-7/29/07-16 nts POP, 3/20/09 - 3/24/09 4 nts ASsports, 8/7/09 - 8/25/09-18 nts POP, 7/16/10 - 8/1/10-16 nts POP, 7/15/11-7/30/11 -15 nights POP, 8/8/14-8/23/14 -14 nts POP
MelanieC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #150
Karamia
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Thanks so much, and please do post a picture!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: