Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
low-key
DIS Veteran

Who are you least looking forward to seeing

on Thanksgiving ?

It would be my sister husband, BIL is really a nice man, but his voice is loud, he panic even if the littlest thing goes wrong , and he never shuts up
Old 11-26-2014, 10:39 PM   #2
Cantw8
This is blasphemy. You all need to zip it now
..I'm scared..hold me...
You can run..
I think her signiture makes her butt look big
I do have a life ya know

My sister, I'm pretty pissed off at her right now
Register to remove

Old 11-26-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
christineann
DIS Veteran

My brother from another state, who will bring his children and grandchildren (no mothers in the picture for any of them). Every time he comes to town, he asks me if I know "the health of the estate" and whether or not my mother is having to spend much of what Dad provided for her (Dad died three years ago). I tell him I don't know and am not interested, and it is NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

My mother wants to have dinner at her house, so I will be there with her to cook, serve and clean up while he sits and drinks wine and gives us his philosophy on life.

One of these days, I am going to explode. Maybe this time, maybe next.
christineann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:01 PM   #4
luvmarypoppins
I am debating whether to put a new one back on his
O.K. who is the sista here right now?
((Hug))

Well I really dont have anyone that I wouldnt mind seeing or, I guess I can say that because our whole extended family is mostly deceased so its always just dh, myself and the 3 ds every year.
luvmarypoppins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:03 PM   #5
NFLDERS
DIS Veteran

Ours was last month low-key but, the one person whom drives me to distraction is one of dh's 4 brothers. His name is Paul, he thinks he is a Canadian version of McCartney. I will give him that when he was younger the resemblance was there. Which in itself is interesting as all the other men in dh's family are like blue eyed Russell Brands; they joke that he was adopted!

He thinks he can sing like Sir Paul too! He is always breaking out in song around me. I've tried telling him to stop, and Dh has tried but to no avail. For the most part I just try to avoid him. The family is large now, and our Celebrations are in a hall which makes it easier for me to keep a distance between us.

Last edited by NFLDERS; 11-27-2014 at 03:35 PM.
NFLDERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:23 PM   #6
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Mother in Law. It's not enough that I'm suffering with excruciating back pain that I have to suffer through a few hours with her too??
Old 11-26-2014, 11:25 PM   #7
Handbag Lady
Disneyland Bride 2000
If you can't say somethng nice, come sit next to me
Has the wherewithall to save bakery goods from earthquakes

That one lady.
WDW: October 2010: DCL, Poly, and the Grand for the 10th Anniversary Extravaganza!, Oct/Nov. 2008 CBR / Sept. 2007 CBR / Oct. 2006 AKL / August 2005 POR (hello Katrina!) / 1998 Off Campus at the Grosvenor (ENGAGED AT EPCOT )
DL: Twice a month for years / Multiple visits since birth / 1989 CM on Main Street / 2000 Disneyland Fairy Tale Wedding
DCL: Oct 2010 4-Day Caribbean / Nov 2011 Mexican Riviera / Oct 2012 Mexican Riviera
Handbag Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:37 PM   #8
DisneyMommyMichelle
I'm a TP nerd!
John Travolta = YUMMY!!
Have to let the banana dance
Thanks everyone for making me feel normal today!
Dork here I know!

BIL, they live in the poor house but he is constantly bragging that if he wanted to he can make 5K in a weekend...

Just a Rebel Homeschooler I guess....
DisneyMommyMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:58 PM   #9
usd2bmd
DIS Veteran

Nobody actually. It is just my husband, my daughter and myself this year. My daughter has to work at 5:30 (it's Black Friday {well almost} don't you know), so we will eat early so she can nap a little before working for 12.5 hours.

I am however thankful that my brother isn't coming to town. we have extremely opposite views on politics and many issues and he sees that as his cue to try and "fix" what's wrong with my bleeding liberal heart. I am glad I don't have to listen to what's wrong with me again this year.
June 2002 - Off-site June 2005 - All-Star Movies Resort** August 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort**September 2007 - Caribbean Beach Resort**August 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside**August 2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
February 2010 - Caribbean Cruise/Carnival Liberty**August 2011 - Caribbean Cruise Carnival Liberty**August 2013 - Eastern Caribbean Cruise Carnival Dream

usd2bmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 01:24 AM   #10
powellrj
I am wide awake and on the dis boards
My db and I usually fight over the turkey bones
It was so bad, it was funny
Note to self, never make anyone suffer with thirst

Can I say myself? I am not really in a very good mood, so I won't be much fun this year.

powellrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 02:10 AM   #11
LBIJim
DIS Veteran

It will just be 4 of us for Thanksgiving, but I don't look forward to seeing one of my cousins at Xmas or summer get togethers. She goes on and on about what the new "evil" food is, or the latest psycho-babble from a some obscure website, or alternatives to doctors and medicine, or other crazy theories.

I wish she'd stick to less controversial subjects, like politics or religion or gay marriage.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:10 AM   #12
Luv Bunnies
DIS Veteran

Our group will be my family (DH, two teen boys, and myself), my parents, my brother and sister (neither of whom are married or have kids). DH's parents both passed away years ago. His brother lives several states away. All of my family members live in the same city so we see and talk to each other often. We all went out to dinner together on Saturday for DH's birthday. We spend all of the holidays together. It's all good.
Luv Bunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:17 AM   #13
SLP958
DIS Veteran

My MIL. She has pulled some crazy stuff this year. Her face makes me cringe.
SLP958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 06:44 AM   #14
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Nobody.

Thanksgiving is spent with my wife and my daughter. I long for the days when the whole family would meet. In younger days (I'm now 50) I would say to myself, I'm not looking forward to seeing so and so and etc. But now I so much wish I could have the loud nephews running around (they are all grown now), my irritating Sister-In-Law around (brother died a few years ago at age 45), my MIL (passed away) and my parents (now in poor health). Ohhh, looking back I sure do miss those chaotic Thanksgiving days and wish I could have just one more even if it meant the loud unruly nephews and the irritating SIL.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:11 AM   #15
tennvalgirl
DIS Veteran

Whoever is going to ask me if I'm single this year lol
I really don't want to hear it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: