Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board > Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
tiring_day
Founder member of the DJP
I will not be posting pictures of my freaky blue poncho

Day 1 of 6 : I thought there would have been snow!

Day 1 of 6 : I thought there would have been snow!

Cast
DH (steve) - 39 (too close to 40) - 3rd trip to DLP too many trips to WDW
DW (Tracey) - age undisclosed - as above plus one to WDW
DS (Josh) - 3 - 2nd trip to DLP, will be going to WDW when he is older

I dedicate this TR to my wife Tracey, note taker and co-writer. Because if it was left to me it would never get done.

Sunday 4th January 2009

We flew out of Newcastle with Easyjet, after flying with them in May we had no Qualms about using them again. We were given Special Assistance boarding as Josh was under 5 which helped. It was a fairly uneventful flight apart from Josh who likes to play with the window blind and tray table during take off and landing after the flight crew told everyone to leave them alone.

Waiting at newcastle.

Josh and his Plane.

We could not believe just how easy the next part of the journey went, the flight arrived Paris Charles de Gaulle ten past six – earlier than expected. We very quickly went through passport control and collected our luggage, as we came through arrivals RS Transport were there waiting for us and we were whisked off to a minibus. Our driver had a bit of urgency about him and it took 30mins form CDG to NPB, Josh was really trying to stay awake but fell asleep for the end of the journey.

We arrived Disney’s Newport Bay at ten past seven, Josh instantly woke up again.. We were met as we came off the minibus by bell services after explaining we were on the Admirals floor. After a very speedy check in, given passes, HB+ vouchers and hotel pass we were in our room and our bags arrived 5 mins later. We noticed there was no kettle in our room – so we rang housekeeping and they sent one straight up. We did like the personal touch of a cuddly toy for Josh and chocolate coins on the bed every evening.

We had brought some sandwiches and snacks with us which we quickly scoffed, then we thought we would leave our unpacking and head straight to Disneyland to ride Pirates of the Caribbean as it closed for refurbishment from tomorrow. So on went the cold weather clothing and out we went.

We were in the park just after eight o’clock, there was no queue for Pirates so we walked straight on – Josh rode it but wasn’t really sure and as we came to the exit they said we could stay on but Josh decided no. Josh said it was too dark and he is afraid of the dark but this is the same boy who hides in the airing cupboard and in his wardrobe in pitch blackness giggling, go figure. Next we rode one of Josh’s favourite – Dumbo the Flying Elephant – again there was no queue.

Me and my groovy hat on Dumbo.

Then it was off to ride Peter Pan – which was much better than when we rode it in May as this time you could see a lot more things – again there was no queue. We missed Candlebration as we wanted to push a few rides in but took some pictures of the wonderful castle, it looked so much better in the dark as in May they lit it in broad daylight which really wasn't effective.

A few of the castle.

We arrived back at the Newport Bay at quarter to ten.

The only time I got this shot with no snow.

We had taken coffee and hot chocolate vendor cups with us so we enjoyed these and some shortbread and it was time for bed. Josh was still hyper and he eventually went to sleep at quarter to eleven shortly followed by two very tired parents.

One day down and many more to go, next it snows.

steve
tiring_day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
marcus.ka
DLRP Hotel Fan!
Don’t say Eurodisney. It’s Disneyland Resort Paris

Wow, great pictures. What kind of camera are you using?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-16-2009, 02:23 AM   #3
mommy2ash
Has a Pooh pushin' Ash
It looks like lucky nugget is a must
I am totally blaming emma

i love your pics. great start to your trip.

Disneyland Paris October 2008 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris February 2009 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris November 2009 - Santa Fe/Sequoia Lodge
Disneyland Paris March 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris October 2010 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Feb 2011- Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2011 - Santa Fe
Disneyland Paris Oct 2012 - Cheyenne
Disneyland Paris June 2013 - Santa Fe
mommy2ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:05 AM   #4
cap'njack.
Totally in love with Lisa_C

Great pictures and a wonderful start to your trip.
Old 01-16-2009, 04:09 AM   #5
thelittlemermaid83
My reign will be a super-awesome thing
I will just live in suspense
I'm officially crazy

Fantastic photos Steve.

Josh is so adorable bless him, no goes on Small World then lol.
thelittlemermaid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:11 AM   #6
tiring_day

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus.ka View Post
Wow, great pictures. What kind of camera are you using?
Thanks for that, it was my new Sony A200 really nice camera.

steve
Old 01-16-2009, 07:13 AM   #7
tiring_day

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelittlemermaid83 View Post
Fantastic photos Steve.

Josh is so adorable bless him, no goes on Small World then lol.
No we managed to avoid Small World but only for this one day

Every other day will have multiple "We did IASW again"

steve
Old 01-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #8
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

A great start with lovely photos Love the pic of Josh with his plane

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #9
karenmoloney
DIS Veteran

Great start to your trip.

Day trip Sept 1999 / 4 nights Disneyland Hotel Sept 2004 / 2 nights Holiday Inn March 2005 / 5 nights Holiday Inn Nov 2005 / 3 nights Holiday Inn March 2006 / 7 nights Pierre & Vacances July 2006 / 3 nights Sequoia Lodge Nov 2006 / 6 nights Newport Bay Resort Suite Jun 2007 / 3 nights Kyriad Nov 2007 / 1 night Sequoia Lodge Dec 2007 (no kids) / 6 nights Marriott May 2008 / 2 nights Santa Fe Aug 2008 / 6 nights Marriott Oct 2008 / 3 nights Disneyland Hotel Jan 2009 (my 40th) / 7 nights May 2009 Marriott / 2 nights August 2009 Hotel L'Elysee Val D'Europe / 5 nights Nov 2009 Marriott / 6 nights Marriott May 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2010 / 7 nights Marriott Feb 2011 / 4 nights Adagio May 2011 / 9 nights Marriott Aug 2011 / 5 nights Marriott Nov 2011 / 7 nights Marriott Aug 2012 / 3 nights Adajio Oct 2012 / 5 nights Marriott Dec 2012

karenmoloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
tiring_day

I don't usually blow my own trumpet but how good are those photo's of Sleeping Beauty's castle. Have just been getting a new computer and monitor and OMG they look so much sharper and more colourful.

steve
Old 09-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #11
A Small World

I always like to give a little royal wave whilst Im up there
Not even looking at it til I get some housework done

I agree they really are amazing
WDW - Christmas 1991 -Off site; WDW - Christmas 1992 -Off site; WDW - Summer 1996 - All Stars; WDW - Summer 2003 -All Stars; DLP - Easter 2006- Santa Fe; DLP- Easter 2007 - Santa Fe + Explorers; DLP - Summer 2007 - Holiday Inn; DLP - Christmas 2007 -DCR; DLP - Easter 2008 - Cheyenne; DLP Summer 2008 Explorers + Sequoia Lodge; Nov 09 DDs surprise birthday trip- Kyriad; Feb2009 Disneyland Hotel; Easter 09 Kyriad; Summer 09 Newport Bay; Oct 10- DL ; Dec 11 - DL: Dec 12 DL
A Small World is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: