Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Reports Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 05:58 PM   #1
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Thumbs up Getting ill with the Maguire's!!! Trip report, Day 12…Magic Kingdom!

Cast:

Me = Claire (33), massive Disney fan, chief planner…(a little on the OCD side ) obsessive shopper, addicted to scrapbooking and very impulsive which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!

Hubby = Lee (34), not a massive Disney fan but still enjoys it, adrenaline junkie, easy going and the sensible half of our partnership!

12th December 2008.

Firstly I should apologise for the photo overload you are about to experience!!

Lee woke me up at 6.45am, once again he had had a rough night & had been awake alot but he wanted to make the most the day & get to the Magic Kingdom for rope drop! We have never seen the opening ceremony so no arguments from me. I got straight out of bed, showered and was raring to go. Lee dosed himself up on tablets & filled his pockets & the rucksack with tissues & we made our way to the boat dock at 8.30am. The boat was already there waiting so we got straight on & got over to the Magic Kingdom with plenty of time to spare. The sky was a little overcast still but it was early.

We enjoyed the opening ceremony but for some reason we later discovered it wasn’t the full version? Maybe they were running late & had to cut it short but I guess we will have to see it again at another time.

We then entered the park along with everyone else!! We took lots of photos of all the beautiful decorations along the way.

We walked up Main Street & noticed that they were getting set up for the ‘Dream along with Mickey’ show at 9.40am so we waited & watched it.

Just as the show finished the sun came out & the clouds cleared leaving behind a beautiful blue sky.

We headed to Tomorrowland and did Monsters Inc Laugh Floor which was very funny. We then got a FP for Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin & then walked on as the queue was 5 mins. It was our first time on this & I spent the whole time spinning us in circles! Lee still managed to score 50,500 & I got 32,400 but I think I lucked out with a bonus right at the end as up the last few seconds my score was about 2,000! We went on the TTA afterwards & then back on Buzz using our fastpass, once again I just span us in circles for the entire duration of the ride but I didn’t manage to put Lee off as he scored 112,800 & I got a measly 7,000.

It was 11.45 by now & we were feeling hungry so headed off to Cosmic Rays for a late breakfast/early lunch. Lee had the half chicken & mash potato & I had the chicken tenders with fries. A kid on the table behind us shook his chocolate milk & it went all over the floor & all down the back of my jumper, the parents didn’t even let me know it was the lady cleaning the tables who told me & she wiped my back with her cloth. Even then the parents still didn’t apologise!

Cont'd below.....

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

We then walked over to Toontown & went into Minnies House….so cute!

Lee was feeling really rough and we had left his tablets back at the room so we went into the big shop, the hall of fame tent. The only tablets they had were Tylenol so we got those & a bottle of water.

Lee was feeling really cold and ended up wearing jeans, a t shirt, my jumper, his hoody over the top & woolly Mickey hat that we bought in a shop with his baseball cap over the top! Everyone else was wearing Shorts & T shirt as it was really hot, but he was still shivering & had goose bumps! We sat on the bench for about 20 mins in the sun & he warmed up a little.

We then went onto Mickeys house:

I decided we should head back the hotel so Lee could rest as he looked really pale. As we walked out of Towntown we headed past Mickeys Philharmagic, we both love this show & decided to go in as it was about to start. We both love watching all the children trying to grab everything, it always makes us smile.

Lee said he was feeling a little better & we should stay & watch the parade. As we walked around Fantasyland I made Lee pose for a picture – he did however get his own back on me by doing a monkey impression as he walked over to it. Full on with monkey walk & sounds! I went bright red. The few people nearby were laughing and one little boy started to cry!

We found a nice spot in Liberty Square, just outside Sleepy Hollow....the smell of funnel cake drove us crazy throughout the parade though!

After the parade we could resist no longer & shared a Funnel cake with cinnamon sugar. It was YUM!

Cont'd below....

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-13-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side

We decided that as the sky was so beautiful we would take some pictures of the castle etc.

We walked through the castle & went into Tinkerbells treasures & Sir Mickeys where I got a few more Christmas tree decorations. We then decided to head out via the shops on Main St. Lee bought me two of the Precious Moments ornaments, they are so sweet.

A few more pics on the way out:

We got the boat back to the Wilderness Lodge, it was about 6pm. We dropped our bag in the room & picked up our refillable mugs & headed to Roaring Forks for some hot chocolate we also took the tripod & camera with us to get some night time photos.

We had not yet seen the geyser erupt so we headed over in time for hourly eruption. It was the perfect sky with a full moon in the background.

Just before:

The geyser erupting:

It was just after 8pm & we went in to the lobby to see if we could get a table at Whispering Canyon Cafe, they said to come back at 9.30pm. We stopped for a while to watch the bell ringers who were in the lobby playing Christmas carols.

We headed back to the room to relax for a while & freshen up for dinner, then headed back to the WCC at 9.30pm.

Unfortunately I didn’t get pictures of the food as we forgot to take the camera with us. We both had rib eye steak, Lee with mash & me with fries. The restaurant was about half full but our server spotted that we were not really up for all the tomfoolery. Lee was coughing & sneezing like crazy & we were both shattered from the long day. We had the dessert to go, Lee choose the vanilla ice cream in the hope that it would soothe his throat & I had the smores cheesecake but didn’t like it. We used the DDP so only paid a tip. We watched tv in bed for a while whilst Lee ate his Ice Cream then both fell asleep absolutely shattered about 11.30pm.

Coming up, Day 13 = Downtown Disney & not making it to the TSM Party!

Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 AM   #4
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

Sorry to hear lee is still poorly thanks for the pic of the funnel cake !!

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:37 AM   #5
MaddieB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post

Love this photo!

I can never resist funnel cakes either.
MaddieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:11 AM   #6
raph_b
Proud Redhead

Really sorry to hear Lee was still ill - although you can never be ill enough to pass up a chance for a monkey impression!

I'm also impressed that, despite illness, you made rope drop - good work, although it makes us look even lazier!

Once again, amazing pics, esp the later ones with the blue sky. And the ones of the Geyser looks amazing

And did you say anything to the chocolate milkshake kid's parents?......
Feb 1999 - DLRP - Sequoia Lodge (4 nights)
May 2007 - DLRP - Daytrip
Sep 2008 - WDW - Offsite (2 weeks)
Mar 2009 - DLRP - Hotel New York (3 nights)
Nov 2009 - DLHK - Daytrip
Sep 2010 - WDW - Last trip before its time to have babies!

Thank you O' great Tag Fairy - You have made this Proud Redhead a very happy bunny!!
raph_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:15 AM   #7
Jets fan
DIS Veteran

I absolutely love your photos, they're great. The night ones outside the wild lodge are brilliant, possibly the best I have ever seen

Thanks for sharing
Tina
Jets fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:33 AM   #8
jjk

Pete and I wait and watch some lovely baby lizards
I have always booked myself
"Play Up Pompey"

sorry lee is still poorly,fantastic pictures Claire

[/IMG]

2000 Disneyland paris 2003 Ramada inn 2004 Quality inn plaza2005 Cumbrian lakes2006 Emerald Island July and December2007 Emerald Island May and July2008 Emerald Island and Contemporary Resort2009 Saratoga Springs 2010 Animal Kingdom lodge2011HRH Animal KingdomLodge 2012Holiday inn Miami ocean front /Animal Kingdom lodge
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:34 AM   #9
mandymouse
If It's Not A Bahama Mama Then I'm Not Interested
Can I put my Christmas Tree up yet ?

DISboards Moderator

Brilliant photos Claire. Sorry that Lee is still poorly though

I love funnel cakes too. I have ice cream on them (mmmm)

mandymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:56 AM   #10
Snowy-girls
Did you speak to a 'human being'?
As you can see, all I have is a load of gobble-de-gook writing

What a great day Claire,and Lee managed to soldier on regardless.I love the picture of him in the cage .
Your pictures are fantastic,you do such a good job taking them-love the geyser erupting.
We have only been to rope drop once at the MK and it was fantastic+like the big softie i am,shed a tear-we had Chloe with us for the first time+it was just such a wonderful moment-one i still cry at now when we watch the footage back.
We love Philarmagic+Chloe was also one of the children trying to grab at things.Oh and the apple pie aroma-delicious+yummy funnel cake.x.

Sweet Kitty Dreams La-La,Smudge,Sam+Max.Together Again.11:3:94-20:5:08.x.x.29:4:93-17:3:09.x.x.29:4:93-21:7:10.x.x.11:3:94-2:3:12.x.x.

NOV90Sheraton Anaheim CaliforniaSEP93Quality Inn I-DriveSEP95Holiday Inn I-DriveSEP97Castle Inn+Suites AnaheimSEP98-Best Western AnaheimAUG03Quality Inn I-DriveApr/May04Holiday Inn I-DriveApr09Embassy Suites I-Drive SouthApr11Quality Inn Plaza+Pop.Aug13Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,CSR+AKL With Free QSDP.AUG15Rosen Inn Pointe,HRH,RPR+21 nights at OKW With Free DDP.
Snowy-girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 04:34 AM   #11
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Shame Lee still was unwell. Lovely photos

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:16 AM   #12
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

Great pics
Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #13
wickesy
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow, you're always a day...closer to our next Disney trip
I will be opening a sack full of cards and fighting off the advances of lots of lovely ladies

Great photos Claire. I'm glad I wasn't on Buzz with you, all that spinning.

I currently live in London until I have enough DVC points to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas every day of the year

Sep '92, Apr '07 - Contemporary Resort ~ Apr '08 - Animal Kingdom Lodge ~ Aug '08 - Grand Californian ~ Mar '09 - Saratoga Springs ~ Mar '10 - DLP ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
Trip Reports: WDW April '07 ~ Canada August '07 ~ WDW April '08 ~ SF & Disneyland August '08 ~ WDW March '09 ~ Smokies August '09 ~ DLP March '10 ~ Jun '10 - Inaugural Baltic Cruise
wickesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #14
mark&sue
I keep trying to convert everybody, but they just don't want to be converted
I can only get a tag if its near the weekend. a monday, tuesday and some wednesdays are definately no tag days

Your photos are so great as they have so much detail it feels like we are there with you.

such a shame about being ill on your holiday and ill for sooo long

susan
Oct 1992: off site - April 1998: Dixie Landings - Oct 1999: DL California - Oct 2000: Grosvenor Resort - Oct 2001: POFQ - Dec 2001:Disneyland Hotel - Oct 2003: Davy Crockets Cabins - Oct 2004: Grand Floridian -May 2005: SSR (DVC) & HRH - Oct 2005: New York Hotel - Oct 2006: SSR and BCV (DVC) - Aug 2007: SSR (DVC) and 1st Disney Cruise - July 2008: Sequoia Lodge - July 2010: Treehouse Villas - Sequoia Lodge: Oct 2010 - April 2011 Treehouse Villas/Portofino Bay
2012/13: Several trips to our Dream holiday Home in Spain
mark&sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:48 PM   #15
CustardTart

I am sooo proud, happy, relieved and impressed - it's a great day...

Sorry to hear about Lee and can't believe you guys still got up and out! It was all I could do to lie on the bed in a drugged up haze... I love that pic of the geyser, Claire! Once again I am in awe of your photographic skills...
Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - Christmas 1998 * Dolphin/Vero Beach - Easter 2000 * Polynesian - August 2001 * Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - August 2004 * Beach Club/DCL Wonder - May 2005 * Grand Californian Hotel - NYE 2005 * Polynesian - August 2006 * DCL Magic Western Caribbean - September 2007 * Yacht Club - October 2007 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa - December 2007 * Villas at Wilderness Lodge/DCL Wonder Double Dip - May 2008 * DCL Magic Mexican Riviera/Disneyland Hotel - August 2008 * Boardwalk Villas - October 2008 * Animal Kingdom Villas/Hard Rock Hotel Club - Easter 2009 * Bay Lake Tower/DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean & Tortola/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - September 2009 * Bay Lake Tower - June 2010 * DCL Magic Westbound Transatlantic - September 2010 * Old Key West - October 2010 * Sequoia Lodge/Paris - November 2010 * Boardwalk Villas/DCL Dream Inaugural Cruise - January 2011 * Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa/Villas at Wilderness Lodge - November 2011 * Boardwalk Villas - July 2012 * Animal Kingdom Villas/DCL Fantasy Western Caribbean - November 2012 * Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Tower - January 2014...
CustardTart is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: