Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #46
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post
ALL TIPS ARE INCLUDED ON ALL DINNER SHOWS.

It says it in Disney's dining brochure. It is a "price-fixed" meal so all is included, EVEN ON THE DINING PLANS.
My quote was not referring to Dinner Shows. If you go back and re-read the thread and my post correctly it was a response to a Character Meal: Akershus Princess Storybook (PSD) not a Dinner Show.

PSD (1 TS) is a pre-paid Character Meal for those paying out of pocket (meaning you pay the meal/gratuity at booking). Some of us on the dining plan wondered if the gratuity was now included like Cinderella's Royal Table (2 TS). I called and was told not with the DDP (dining plan). Disney Dining Brochure still has PSD listed as 1 TS credit/NO gratuity included.

Per the Disney Dining Brochure *Dinner Shows include gratuity* and are considered:
Spirit of Aloha
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Hope this brings some clarity!

Last edited by Lehuaann; 07-10-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #47
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

I think you can tip with Disney dollars. Disney dollars can be turned into cash at any time, unlike a gift certificate.

Anytime you pay with Disney dollars, all your change is given in real dollars. CM should be able to trade their DD into cash at the end of the night
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2008, 07:11 PM   #48
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumbaa_ View Post
I think you can tip with Disney dollars. Disney dollars can be turned into cash at any time, unlike a gift certificate.

Anytime you pay with Disney dollars, all your change is given in real dollars. CM should be able to trade their DD into cash at the end of the night
That is good to know! I wonder why people get slaughtered when they suggest doing this?

If it converts to cash, then I think it's fine. Yeah it's more of a hassle for the server, but they can change it to cash - so that's cool.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #49
just another guy
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=Tricia1972;26154495]Yeah it's more of a hassle for the server/QUOTE]

Not really. At the end of their shift, they have to "bank out" with someone in charge of the stores money. One of two things happens. The server owes the store money(lots of cash transactions) or the store owes the server money(credit card tips). If the server owes, he simply hands the disney dollars over first. If the store owes him lets say $50, yet he has $20 in disney dollars, he simply hands those over, and the banker gives the server $70. Nothing hard about that.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:35 PM   #50
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Well that's just plain simple. It makes even less sense that people get trashed for doing this. Which was actually my original point of the snippet that you quoted. :
Old 07-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #51
danalee
You wouldnt understand, its a New Kids thing!

So we are a party of 6 going in Aug. Myself, DH, DS and my DM will be on one room card and my SIL & Nephew(who is an adult) will be on the same card.

So when we were discussing the dining part of our trip we figured that we would tip in cash, being that there 5 adults, that way everyone pays there part of the tip. (I hope that made sense the way I explained it )

So anyway my question is, can we do that? I mean we dont use our room card for charges, (long story on that one from a past trip but hubby says never again) so anyway if we dont have charging privlidges on our room key and neither do the two from the other room, then cash i am thinking would be ok even with 6 of us???

TIA
1998 Sept ~POFQ (honeymoon)
2005 Aug ~All Star Movie Son's first trip! B-day Surprise!
2006 Sept ~PoP w/ free dining (& 8th wedding anniversery)
2008 Aug ~All Star Sports Son's B-Day
2010 Sept ~POFQ Friends, Family & Anniversary Trip!
2012 Sept ~POFQ w/ BFF & Family~
Old 07-11-2008, 01:27 AM   #52
mommyto_3princesses
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angielou1079 View Post
If I'm going to go out to eat on the Dining plan with myself, my boyfriend, my mom, my dad, our 2 yr old and our newborn...we will be considered a party of 6 and automatically get the 18% gratuity
I had a friend that just returned and she has six in her party that included a 2 year old. She said that some restaurants added the 18% and some did not. The ones that did was 1900 Park Fare-she said that the service was terrible and the manager would not adjust the 18%. Chef Mickeys, and Coral Reef also added the 18% but she said the service was great so she would have tipped 18% anyway. She said that the Donald Breakfast at AK, Boatwrights at POR, Planet Hollywood, and the Princess meal at Norway did not add the 18%. Looks like it is up to each restaurant on what they do.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:49 AM   #53
Tinker*Shell*Bell
DIS Veteran

I am on the DDP and using credits for a breakfast at CRT.
Will I need money for a tip? Or is the tip covered by my credits.
I don't know why I am still unsure of this, but the back and forth over what is and what is not covered has me spinning.
Thanks for any information you can share!
Sheli

2009- GF; 2008- GF; 2006- CR/Poly; 2000 & 1990- Off Site; 1978-Disney Inn; 1974, 1973, 1972- Day Visits
Old 07-11-2008, 08:50 AM   #54
hematite153
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyto_3princesses View Post
I had a friend that just returned and she has six in her party that included a 2 year old. She said that some restaurants added the 18% and some did not. The ones that did was 1900 Park Fare-she said that the service was terrible and the manager would not adjust the 18%.
We had terrible service at 1900 PF too (with the guaranteed 18% tip). We got drink refills only once after walking across the restaurant to ask the waiter for them, not a single plate was cleared before we left and it took 20 minutes to find him to get a bill. After all of that figuring out how to get a manager would have been one challenge too many. If they refused to adjust it anyway, I'm glad I didn't bother.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:08 AM   #55
kimsuenew
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsuenew View Post
OK, I know that the DDP no longer includes gratuity and I am fine with that/clear about that part... my question is in regards to CRT. We were fortunate to get breakfast ressies there during our upcoming trip (by the way it's me that wants to go... a 41 year old , I just really want to see the inside of the Castle, DH & DS have no idea about this ADR tee hee). I know this TS breakfast takes 2 TS credits per person, and that we get a package of pictures included (I think of our group with Cinderella ). My question is this: I have heard it is and I have heard it is not, so is the gratuity truly included in this meal or is it like all other WDW TS locations? Thanks in advance Dis Friends!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
DDP - http://adisneycruise.disney.go.com/m...DiningPlan.pdf

Deluxe DDP - http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/me...luxeDining.pdf

Gratuities are included for the following:

Character Dining (CRT only)..."Two (2) Table Service meals for each person dining at Cinderella's Royal Table will be redeemed from your meal plan balance. Gratuities are included."

Dinner Shows (HDDR/Mickey's BBQ/SoA)..."Two (2) Table Service meals for each person dining at a Dinner Show will be redeemed from your meal plan balance. Gratuities are included."

Private In Room Dining/Pizza Delivery..."Two (2) Table Service meals for each Private In-Room Dining meal ordered will be redeemed from your meal plan balance. Two (2) Adult Table Service meals will be redeemed from your meal plan balance for Pizza Delivery. Gratuities are included for both."

Gratuities are also included for Grand Gathering Experiences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker*Shell*Bell View Post
I don't know why I am still unsure of this, but the back and forth over what is and what is not covered has me spinning.
Sheli
Hi! I had the same exact question and the above quotes answer it. It is included! I was thrilled to hear that! Have fun!

Old 07-11-2008, 09:38 AM   #56
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sheli
Your tip is included in the "dining shows".
Old 07-11-2008, 10:49 AM   #57
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Sheli
Your tip is covered with credits.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #58
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
So we are a party of 6 going in Aug. Myself, DH, DS and my DM will be on one room card and my SIL & Nephew(who is an adult) will be on the same card.

So when we were discussing the dining part of our trip we figured that we would tip in cash, being that there 5 adults, that way everyone pays there part of the tip. (I hope that made sense the way I explained it )

So anyway my question is, can we do that? I mean we dont use our room card for charges, (long story on that one from a past trip but hubby says never again) so anyway if we dont have charging privlidges on our room key and neither do the two from the other room, then cash i am thinking would be ok even with 6 of us???

TIA
Cash will be fine. The 18% gratuity will be added to your bill and will show as a balance due. Simply give cash to the server with your bill/receipt and you can wait for change if you'd like.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #59
cruiseconvert
Earning My Ears

We will be a group of more than 6 from three different households, using the dining plan. Does the automatic gratuity go on one person's bill, or can each household pay their share using KTTW or credit card? Thanks!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:03 AM   #60
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseconvert View Post
We will be a group of more than 6 from three different households, using the dining plan. Does the automatic gratuity go on one person's bill, or can each household pay their share using KTTW or credit card? Thanks!
You will get three different bills and everyone will have 18% of that bills food cost added as gratuity to their individual bill.
Closed Thread

Tags
percentage, tipping

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: