Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:18 PM   #16
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink_Or_Belle View Post
My question is about the Breakfast in Norway. when I made reservations I made both this and the castle the woman on the phone told me the tip is included on both since they added the photo package to Norway. was she correct or not. Thank You
If true I wonder if that would make Akershus a 2 TS credit meal now as well?
Old 06-30-2008, 06:20 PM   #17
kadesha
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehuaann View Post
If true I wonder if that would make Akershus a 2 TS credit meal now as well?
I am booked there and they told me it would only be one TS credit. I did have to reserve with my credit card though.

Last trips: August 2006, May 2007, November 2008, June 2009, and May 2012

Kadesha
Al
Alyssa
Destiny
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #18
Tinker*Shell*Bell
DIS Veteran

Is this for all tip questions or just dining?

I am wondering if there is a customary tip due to the boat captain (driver) for a Wishes or Illuminations pontoon cruise.

The cruise is $275 for the hour. What would a reasonable tip be IF indeed one is expected from me.

Thanks!

2009- GF; 2008- GF; 2006- CR/Poly; 2000 & 1990- Off Site; 1978-Disney Inn; 1974, 1973, 1972- Day Visits
Old 06-30-2008, 08:35 PM   #19
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

This is for dining Shell, but I can tell you I did an Illuminations Cruise with my family last year and when I went to tip the captain, she told me tipping was not allowed, everything was included in the price.

This is different from past cruises where tipping was allowed. Hope that helps,
Old 07-01-2008, 12:28 AM   #20
Disney8704
I so need to do that!
I have 2 cats who LOVE to climb on top of EVERYTHING

Yes, the tip is included for both PSD and CRT and they both have a photo package. CRT is 2 TS credits and PSD is 1 TS credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink_Or_Belle View Post
My question is about the Breakfast in Norway. when I made reservations I made both this and the castle the woman on the phone told me the tip is included on both since they added the photo package to Norway. was she correct or not. Thank You
Old 07-01-2008, 10:33 AM   #21
kadesha
DIS Veteran

So you don't have to tip at PSD?! Wow, I think they'll definitely end up changing that to 2 TS soon...

I'm glad to be taking advantage of it in November!

Kadesha
Al
Alyssa
Destiny
Old 07-01-2008, 10:43 AM   #22
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks
Libra who loves peace and harmony

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesha View Post
So you don't have to tip at PSD?! Wow, I think they'll definitely end up changing that to 2 TS soon...

I've seen no official word from Disney that this is the case about gratuities. It may be, just that I haven't seen anything.

As far as a CM telling me that it's not a tipping location, I tend to be wary. I had a CM practically fight me that tip was included at Crystal Palace. She insisted many times over, and above my arguments that tip was included in the price of the buffet. I knew better, and when we went sure enough - the tip was not included.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #23
Disney8704
I so need to do that!

Yes I know this for a fact. I HAD PSD booked for breakfast this August but then cancelled it. But when I made my ADR, the CM was very clear that the tip and tax WAS included in the price along with CRT. Now granted I booked this back in Feb. so things might have changed between now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesha View Post

Last edited by Disney8704; 07-01-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:10 AM   #24
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney8704 View Post
Yes I know this for a fact. I HAD PSD booked for breakfast this August but then cancelled it. But when I made my ADR, the CM was very clear that the tip and tax WAS included in the price along with CRT.
I am not trying to fight at all. I understand you had it booked and like I said, it may well be included. I am just cautioning that the CM's can and have been wrong about where gratuities are included.

I looked for official work on the Disney site, and officially it says no. I know the price increase happened in April, and when looking at info on the price increase I haven't seen any word that it now now includes tip.

I think it'd be more accurate to ask someone who has been to PSD since the price increase to find out if it actually included the tip or not. CM's, unfortunately, aren't always the best source of info. I hope that the tip is included - I just am distrustful of CM's official word.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:41 AM   #25
Disney8704
I so need to do that!

You replied before I edited my post. But I had booked this back in Feb. so maybe then it was included, the tip. And all those who had made the ADR before April got grandfathered and are able to have that tip included. But yes, the best way to know is ask someone who has been very recently like within the past month. OR, find a direct phone number to the restaurant and call them and ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post
I am not trying to fight at all. I understand you had it booked and like I said, it may well be included. I am just cautioning that the CM's can and have been wrong about where gratuities are included.

I looked for official work on the Disney site, and officially it says no. I know the price increase happened in April, and when looking at info on the price increase I haven't seen any word that it now now includes tip.

I think it'd be more accurate to ask someone who has been to PSD since the price increase to find out if it actually included the tip or not. CM's, unfortunately, aren't always the best source of info. I hope that the tip is included - I just am distrustful of CM's official word.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #26
kadesha
DIS Veteran

well poo! Maybe someone will come along who can set the record straight!

Kadesha
Al
Alyssa
Destiny
Old 07-01-2008, 01:34 PM   #27
Angielou1079
Mouseketeer

So....

If I'm going to go out to eat on the Dining plan with myself, my boyfriend, my mom, my dad, our 2 yr old and our newborn...we will be considered a party of 6 and automatically get the 18% gratuity
Old 07-01-2008, 02:04 PM   #28
Tricia1972
I love late night snacks

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angielou1079 View Post
If I'm going to go out to eat on the Dining plan with myself, my boyfriend, my mom, my dad, our 2 yr old and our newborn...we will be considered a party of 6 and automatically get the 18% gratuity
Yes you will.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #29
onecutemoocow
Going to the World on 9/8/08

I agree that totally stinks that they even do it for little ones. So if you write CASH on the top of the reciept and give the waiter/res something different what will happen?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:18 PM   #30
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia1972 View Post

Your right, many CM's seem to contradict one another. I called yesterday and CM told me gratuity was not included for PSD and it was still 1 TS I guess I'll see in Sept.

Tags
percentage, tipping

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: