Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2009, 06:29 PM   #136
OurOhana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2DisneyKids View Post
Subbing! Just getting started reading your TR and am loving it. We are going on our first cruise in just over 3 weeks! Also 7 day Eastern.

By the way, I'm from Orlando (Not living there now though ) and totally understood about not being able to swim unless its at least 80ish!
Hi there. I'm glad you're enjoying the trip report. I know you'll have a great time on your cruise. We did. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. I'm happy to help. And I found people on the disboards so helpful as well.

And you are so lucky the weather is so beautiful right now. It seems like this would be the perfect time to go on a cruise - not too hot, but certainly warm enough for swimming plenty!

HAL Maasdam Feb. 16, 2003 * HAL Zuiderdam Sept. 7, 2003
DCL Magic Jan. 31, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 17, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 20, 2009 * DCL Fantasy Apr. 27, 2013

OurOhana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 09:36 AM   #137
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report (actually found it from the link in your signature from another post) and loved your "take" on your cruise. thanks for much for sharing.

I love the "tinkerbell" picture with your daughter. It really looks like she can see tinkerbell.

Lastly, I noticed that you decided to extend your "bounce back" cruise to a B2B cruise!!!
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

MagicMe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2009, 01:45 PM   #138
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Thank you so much for your trip report! You are very good at capturing the information future cruisers most want to know! We're going to St. Croix in November.

Just a note on the luggage under the bed - you have to pick UP the bottom of the bed to get the large luggage under - and push it in far enough so that the bottom rail of the bed misses it - under the mattress is way higher than the rail.

Thanks again!
Old 07-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #139
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

Just read your TR. It was great. We are going on a 4night in two weeks. It will be my DD's first Disney Cruise. She is 2 but is potty trained and I'm hoping to be able to do a trial run with her in the kids clubs!

Your daughter is adorable by the way! What a cutie!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:02 PM   #140
OurOhana
Mouseketeer

Wow, it seems like forever ago when I wrote this report - and even longer since we went on the cruise. But the good news is we are going on DCL again in September - B2B to take advantage of our $99 bounceback. I'm glad more of you have found our trip report and hopefully it'll help you plan. I'm getting back into reading more trip reports as we prep for our next cruises. And I plan to start a new trip report for the next trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
Just found your trip report (actually found it from the link in your signature from another post) and loved your "take" on your cruise. thanks for much for sharing.

I love the "tinkerbell" picture with your daughter. It really looks like she can see tinkerbell.

Lastly, I noticed that you decided to extend your "bounce back" cruise to a B2B cruise!!!
Hi MagicMe - Thank you. Thank you. I'm glad you like it. And I have to admit the tinkerbell pic is one of our favorites. I'll definitely try to do something again like this on the next cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Thank you so much for your trip report! You are very good at capturing the information future cruisers most want to know! We're going to St. Croix in November.

Just a note on the luggage under the bed - you have to pick UP the bottom of the bed to get the large luggage under - and push it in far enough so that the bottom rail of the bed misses it - under the mattress is way higher than the rail.

Thanks again!
Thanks Linda. I tried the first time around to make notes about things I was curious about. Next time around I'm hoping to take many more pictures. For instance, I never shot any food. I think I just wanted to eat it so fast. But I'll try to hold off long enough to snap a few pics.

As for the luggage - we were able to put some under our bed. But we brought two of those extra large suitcases. We tried to get them under there after picking up the bed, but they were just too large. But we had ample storage space, so it wasn't a problem. We definitely over packed last time -
I hope to do better on that this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess22 View Post
Just read your TR. It was great. We are going on a 4night in two weeks. It will be my DD's first Disney Cruise. She is 2 but is potty trained and I'm hoping to be able to do a trial run with her in the kids clubs!

Your daughter is adorable by the way! What a cutie!
Thank you! You only have two weeks until your cruise. I'm so jealous!! You are going to have an absolute blast. From reading all of these threads, I've heard quite a few people who said they were able to leave their 2-year-olds in the club if they were potty trained. I don't know how close they were to 3, but it seems the potty training is the biggest issue. I know she'll have so much fun and meet a lot of great people.

HAL Maasdam Feb. 16, 2003 * HAL Zuiderdam Sept. 7, 2003
DCL Magic Jan. 31, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 17, 2009 * DCL Wonder Sept. 20, 2009 * DCL Fantasy Apr. 27, 2013

OurOhana is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: