Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 07:16 PM   #91
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by praline3001 View Post
Peggy,maybe you can help me!

I ordered the smaller birthday package simply because the larger one didn't give enough information. The description for the Donald gift states:
Donald's choices are "quacky" and lots of fun!

And the Goofy present states:
The gifts in his box include sweet keepsakes of "Goofy" memories!

The pluto one is pretty easy to figure out ~ human dog bones and a lanyard.

Now the cost difference is pretty large. $395 for the larger package and $210 for the smaller.

The only difference I see is for $185 more you get a phone in a box, and some duck feathers?
What is included in the Goofy and Donald gift boxes that make the package so much more expensive?

Maybe if I had an idea of what is in them, I would upgrade the birthday package I got but I just don't see where the $200 more is worth it?
Brook, the Goofy present contains a photo album and 1 pound bag of Goofy Taffy. Donald's gift contains a navy cinch sack (I call them a string backpack). It has a pocket on the front. You see Donald's little backside and feet sticking out as he tries to squirm his way in. It is embroidered to say "Crabby, but Lovable". There is also a Donald beach towel, Donald's beak (a whistle shaped like a beak on a lanyard) and a bag of Donald corn.

Hope that helps!
Feralpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #92
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
Brook, the Goofy present contains a photo album and 1 pound bag of Goofy Taffy. Donald's gift contains a navy cinch sack (I call them a string backpack). It has a pocket on the front. You see Donald's little backside and feet sticking out as he tries to squirm his way in. It is embroidered to say "Crabby, but Lovable". There is also a Donald beach towel, Donald's beak (a whistle shaped like a beak on a lanyard) and a bag of Donald corn.

Hope that helps!
Hello Feralpeg !,

I do have A Question about The Goofy Package in Mickey and Pals' Big Birthday Bash Package.
Does Goofy's Present Still have The Resort Room Phone with The Card Attached to it That has The number to call to Hear Goofy Sing His Happy Birthday to you?
That is all of The Info That I am looking for ... For Now.
Thank you for Your Time and Kindness !,

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #93
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
My DD, the movie star

Quote:
Originally Posted by djthereplay View Post
Hello Feralpeg !,

I do have A Question about The Goofy Package in Mickey and Pals' Big Birthday Bash Package.
Does Goofy's Present Still have The Resort Room Phone with The Card Attached to it That has The number to call to Hear Goofy Sing His Happy Birthday to you?
That is all of The Info That I am looking for ... For Now.
Thank you for Your Time and Kindness !,

~ Dwight
Yes, it does.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 AM   #94
snookie5605
Mouseketeer

i have a question. i am planning on getting the smaller grand welcome package for my niece for her high school graduation trip when we go in june. can the florist add on a cake to be in the room? i saw that pop century sells small cakes in their food court and i didnt know if it was possible to have that set up there as well. also can things be personalized to be graduation stuff, like can they change some things around or no? thanks!

snookie5605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:42 AM   #95
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
My DD, the movie star

Quote:
Originally Posted by snookie5605 View Post
i have a question. i am planning on getting the smaller grand welcome package for my niece for her high school graduation trip when we go in june. can the florist add on a cake to be in the room? i saw that pop century sells small cakes in their food court and i didnt know if it was possible to have that set up there as well. also can things be personalized to be graduation stuff, like can they change some things around or no? thanks!
Unfortunately, the florist cannot provide a cake. That must be done through the Boardwalk Bakery.

The packages are set as advertized. You can add to them, but nothing can be removed and no substitutions are allowed. If you were interested in adding some graduation things, you could purchase them through Disney Merchandising and have them sent directly to the florist. Those items could then be added to your Magical Celebration. If you are interested in doing something like this, you would need to contact the florist to discuss the procedure.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #96
PrincessYessenia
DVC Member - AKV

Location: Gainesville, Florida (UF student from Jacksonville!)

Why does no one have any pictures of Mickeys Grand Welcome?!
I want to see pictures!!!!

*Harumph*!!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:08 PM   #97
disneysuncat
Cat of the Sun

http://www.ftdfloristsonline.com/wal...lcomes/display

You can click right above the photos to birthday wishes, magical welcomes, etc.

disneysuncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #98
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post

Hope that helps!
Thanks Peg ~ I posted that a long time ago before I spoke with you. Got it all strait now

Just back from another wonderful trip!
praline3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 07:33 PM   #99
PrincessYessenia
DVC Member - AKV

Location: Gainesville, Florida (UF student from Jacksonville!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneysuncat View Post
http://www.ftdfloristsonline.com/wal...lcomes/display

You can click right above the photos to birthday wishes, magical welcomes, etc.
Thanks, I know. But I was told that the items you get change and aren't always constant so I just wanted to see how it actually looks in someones room.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:24 AM   #100
txsoccermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessYessenia View Post
Thanks, I know. But I was told that the items you get change and aren't always constant so I just wanted to see how it actually looks in someones room.

I ordered the Mickey's Welcome (smaller pkg) for our June trip and was all excited b/c when I ordered it, the description said the gift box contained Mickey Mitts holding a "hidden Mickey" book and several goodies (tattoos, playing cards, mister fan, etc). Now all it mentions is Mickey Mitts holding a "photo album". Since I ordered it about 3 months ago, will I be getting the pkg described then (which I should b/c that's what I paid for), or will I be getting the new description (which I really don't care for)

Guess I'll call my dreammaker tomorrow @ Disney Florist and see
DVC Members since 2012

txsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #101
txsoccermom
DIS Veteran

I called this am and they said I'm going to get the "upgraded" pkg they now offer w/nicer stuff. I'm sorry, but obviously I'm missing something b/c when I ordered it, the gift box was going to have Mickey's Mitts holding the "Hidden Mickey Book", and in the box was going to be playing cards, tattoos, a Mister Fan, Buzz wand and glow necklace. Now, all it says is that the gift box will have the Mickey Mitts holding a photo album. What's upgraded about that? I ordered this pkg for my kids, who would be over the moon to get the tattoos, cards, etc as originally planned. I don't even care for the photo album b/c I take digital pics.

Sorry to vent, just really upset b/c I had my heart set on the original pkg description when I ordered it months ago
DVC Members since 2012

txsoccermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:53 AM   #102
mickeyluv'r
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by txsoccermom View Post
I ordered this pkg for my kids, who would be over the moon to get the tattoos, cards, etc as originally planned. I don't even care for the photo album b/c I take digital pics.
While I realize you ordered something specific here...I just thought I'd share that my local party store carries much of the stuff you are talking about: tattoos, playing cards, and glow necklaces. I don't imagine that's exactly what you are looking for, but if not having any of those things would disappoint you, maybe a visit to one of the party store chains, like Party City is in order. They have TONS of stuff in various character themes. I like to visit before our trips to get stuff for the nieces and nephews. A whole package of tattoos is less than a single one at WDW. Maybe not quite as magical as getting one put on at a booth at WDW, but also less time consuming.
mickeyluv'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:36 AM   #103
DisWishes720
Mouseketeer

My DF ordered roses for me the night we got engaged through disney florists. They were really the most beautiful roses I have ever seen. They even had gold pixie dust on them! It also came with this stunning vase that I didn't have room to pack with me! (I think DF may have been more upset about that...

Here's a picture of them:

DisWishes720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #104
Mr.Toad's Revenge
Earning My Ears

Does anyone have a review of the Grand Welcome

I am thinking of ordering the Grand Welcome for our trip next week and was wondering if any one had a review of either the grand or normal welcome packages? I would like to know if it is worth the expense. Also I have two kids so I would have to obtain a second plush mickey for the package. Is it possible to change from one big plush to two smaller ones? What is the cost associated with extra plush mickeys?
June '98 CSR (Honeymoon), Jan '00 POR (Marathon)support for DW, Jan '01 BC (Marathon)support for DW, Dec '06 BC/Disney Wonder, Mar '08 POR, Aug '08 ASMu/WL, May '09 WL, Oct '09 CBR, Mar '10 CR, Aug '10 GCH,

Mr.Toad's Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:38 PM   #105
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Toad's Revenge View Post
I am thinking of ordering the Grand Welcome for our trip next week and was wondering if any one had a review of either the grand or normal welcome packages? I would like to know if it is worth the expense. Also I have two kids so I would have to obtain a second plush mickey for the package. Is it possible to change from one big plush to two smaller ones? What is the cost associated with extra plush mickeys?
Hello Mr.Toad's Revenge !,

Unfortunatly, I Do not have a review for you, Nor Do I have A 100 Percent Sure Idea about The Price for A Smaller Mickey Mouse Plush, But I Can Tell you That I asked A Question that is Very Similar To The Question That You are asking about The Mickey's Grand Welcome Package to Feralpeg about if They could change from One Big Plush Mickey Mouse, to a bit smaller sized Mickey Mouse, so that if I were to go this route, It would be easier for me to carry it back home without the Extra Baggage and Luggage Weight Fees from The Airlines " US Airways " Specifically. And Based On what Feralpeg said,
You can add on something to The Package, But They cannot change out Anything in The Package. So Basically, Should you Go For The Welcome Package, Reguardless of what you do, You will be stuck with the Large Sized Mickey Mouse Plush.

My ONLY REAL Challenge with This and ALL of The In Room Celebration Packages is that I do not want to go for Anything that has A Large Sized Mickey Mouse Plush just to end up having to leave Mickey Behind.
Everything Else Pretty Much I can safely do, Because I am MORE Confident that I would be able to carry it home in My Baggage and Luggage without getting into any kind of trouble.

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: