Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #76
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace&philipsmom View Post
Hi Feralpeg,

I noticed a mickey and minnie cookie bouquet in one of the packages, and I wanted to get one for each of my kids on our upcoming trip. I couldn't find the cookie bouquet on the website other than in the package. Does that mean they are not available?

Thanks!
The cookie bouquet is not available outside the in-room decor package.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #77
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinCodyMom View Post
And how about for guests staying at AKL? Is the price discounted since they do not allow balloons in the resort? I am interested in doing something like this for our DS's in May. Can the baskets be customized or must they all contain the exact things listed? Thanks.
For guest staying at AKL, a wall hanging that looks like balloons is used instead of real balloons.

It is possible to add on to a package, but the existing packages cannot be modified.
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #78
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
For guest staying at AKL, a wall hanging that looks like balloons is used instead of real balloons.

It is possible to add on to a package, but the existing packages cannot be modified.
Hello Feralpeg !,

I have A Question For You, In Obvious Cases This is more of A Challenge.
This is More About Getting around the Stingier Baggage and Luggage Policy and Weight Limit Fees from US Airways A.K.A. US Air.
Nowadays, they will ONLY ALLOW SOOO Much Luggage and Baggage On An Airplane and I am wandering if you all like have anyways of Shipping things off that you are not able to carry home with you On Your Flight from Your In Room Celebrations Package, Should it be like One of The BIGGER Packages, like Mickey's Welcome, Or Mickey and Pals' Birthday Bash, etc.?
In Other Words, Some of The Things that You all are Offering are VERY EXCLUSIVE and TEMPTING TO ME, But I don't want to seek help in Pursuing this and I may not be able to carry it all back home with me because of
These NEWWER Baggage and Luggage Weight Limit Policies and Fees from
US Airways.
Thank you for Your Time !,

- Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:52 PM   #79
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Dwight~
I'm not peg, even though she did decorate my room for my DD last June and it was ADORABLE!!!

I can answer your question. The resorts can ship anything back home for you. I had to do this a couple of times while flying! Just take it to the lobby and they will ship it.

Oh Disney makes sure there are many many ways to blow your money

Just back from another wonderful trip!
praline3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:56 PM   #80
kadesha
DIS Veteran

Ok I am confused. If rooms aren't assigned until check-in and nothing can be in them then how is the grand welcome done? Do you go to your room and see it plain and bare and then come back later and the grand welcome will be there? That seems crazy to me if that's right. That needs to be there when you first open the door!

Last trips: August 2006, May 2007, November 2008, June 2009, and May 2012

Kadesha
Al
Alyssa
Destiny
kadesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #81
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post

Thats what I ended up doing! I did the smaller birthday package and added to it for my son. He was a bit old for some of the things on the larger package. We added a beach towel with his name, for the water parks, a big birthday cake hat (he has seen them before and said he wanted one!) and a basket of junk food!
a 12 year old boy would much prefer that then a gift from minnie
I can't wait to see how it looks.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #82
ZiPaD3doDAH
DIS Veteran

WOW!

I never knew of this!

Granted, I'm only 18 and although I have been to Disney about 20 times when I was small I never knew about this serivce!

This is so awesome! I'll love to be suprised with this! This is really cool

<--Pls click these-->
ZiPaD3doDAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #83
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by praline3001 View Post
Dwight~
I'm not peg, even though she did decorate my room for my DD last June and it was ADORABLE!!!

I can answer your question. The resorts can ship anything back home for you. I had to do this a couple of times while flying! Just take it to the lobby and they will ship it.

Thank you for Your Response, praline3001 !,

If you have had Anything Shipped Home from The Resorts before and I am hearing this from you,
It kind of helps me out as far as Hearing this from EXPERIENCE and in Effect, lowering the chances that I end up doing something and end up getting Myself into something that I do not expect.
If I do something at Disney, I tend to buy something, and Take it Home, so that I can HAVE something to Show for it, so that I feel like I did Not Blow My Time On A Pretty Pricy, But Beautiful Thing to end up walking out with NOTHING in the Long Run. The In Room Celebrations Are Really Tempting, But So Are Some of The Celebrate Today/ Birthday Souvenirs in The Parks.

Thank you For Your Time !,

- Dwight
Old 03-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #84
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Yup, I have shipped home my dirty laundry and my sons wets sneakers

Then I put the new stuff in the suitcase to take home

Many MANY people leave Disney with more than they could carry! Happens all the time and thats why Disney is good about shipping anything home.

On a side note~ IF you buy something VERY fragile, go ahead and have the store you bought it from ship it!
If it breaks in their shipping~ they will replace it. If you break it on the way home your out of luck!

Old 03-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #85
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiPaD3doDAH View Post
WOW!

I never knew of this!

Granted, I'm only 18 and although I have been to Disney about 20 times when I was small I never knew about this serivce!

This is so awesome! I'll love to be suprised with this! This is really cool
Hello ZiPaD3doDAH !,

The In Room Celebrations are Basically New Service from The Disney Florist.
By the way, I Case that you' ve just joined The DIS Boards, WELCOME !!!

- Dwight
Old 03-23-2009, 12:23 AM   #86
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Dwight~

By The Way praline3001 !,

My Mom took me back to Disney World To Celebrate My 30th Birthday in September of Last Year, and Looking at The Pictures from Your Trip Reports, I SEE where Your DD had Her Room Decorated By The Disney Florist.
I ALSO SEE in Your Pictures from LAST YEAR that You've Posted, that You all went to Disney World In STYLE via Limosine, Your DD Got DREAMED for Her Birthday with A DREAM FASTPASS !!! CONGRATS !!! How did I Figure that You all Celebrated Your DD's Birthday at Walt Disney World in June? I SEE A BIRTHDAY BUTTON ON HER !!!!
However, My Mom and I had to learn a lesson in Why it is a Good Thing to Put A Piece of Tape on The Part of The Birthday Button Where Your Name is written, AFTER They write The Name On The Birthday Button, so that THE INK will not dry up, and MORE TIME FOR MORE PEOPLE to wish Your DD A Happy Birthday BY NAME.
By The Way, I like Your DD's Posing in the Pictures !!!
Who tought Your DD Those Poses?
Looking at those Pictures Reminds me of Wednesday September 17th, 2008.
" By the way, My Actual Birthday Falls On September 8th ", So This is More like A BELATED BIRTHDAY. Anyway, Wednesday September 17th, 2008 :
09/17/08 was The Birthday Celebration that Ended A Lifetime of Entering A National Giveaway, Contest, OR Sweepstakes and NEVER WINNING A PRIZE IN THEM !!! 2 MAGIC KINGDOM DREAM MAGIC HOUR EVENT PASSES One for Me and One For My Mom Lifted What I Call THE The Anchor of Death of Lifetime Loser of National Contests, Giveaways, Sweepstakes OFF MY BACK.
For that moment, How GOOD I FELT In A NEW WORLD, Thanks to Karalea and Angie of The Disney Dream Squad !!!!
Last Year, Dear God, How much Does A Birthday Wish from The Disney Dream Squad Members, and Mickey and Minnie Mouse in Their Year of A Million Dreams Costumes Mean to me. If I would have THANKED ANYBODY There, I Probably would have ended up CAMPING IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM FOR THE NIGHT and The Disney People Might has well had just Carried Me Out and Hope that I find Myself back at The Contemporary Resort Where My Mom and I Stood. I just wish that My Dad and My Partner and Long Time Friend, Shawn Bryant was STILL Alive so that I can show them this. It was just Such An Emotionally Deeply Happy Night for me, Especially after a couple of Years of A Million Deaths of Family and Friends. It was STILL The DREAM Night for me. My Mom and I Stood at Disney World for 3 Days, and ALL I can say is that Heaven and Earth SMILED UPON ME THOSE 3 Days. Although It was HOT, The BEAUTIFUL SUNSHINE Days Allowed me THE ROOM to fullfill ANY Disney Dream That I could at That Time, and I feel That Energy coming back to me in a way from Looking at Your Pictures that you have posted. I LOVE THEM !!!!!

By the way, The Mother Looks Pretty Beautiful Herself in those Pictures, Too !!!!

~ Dwight
Old 03-23-2009, 06:39 AM   #87
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Thanks Dwight~

Actually at the time those photos were taken Peg had her own company and she made the baskets and decorations. She has now gone over to the dark side and is a Disney dream maker

I was a little sad that she closed her company as it was REALLY cute. Ah well I am sure I will like Disney Florist just as much.

We did have a very magical trip in June. It was a lot of fun and we enjoyed it very much. Of course now my DD is a spoiled Diva when it comes to Disney trips

Old 03-23-2009, 08:51 AM   #88
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Peggy,maybe you can help me!

I ordered the smaller birthday package simply because the larger one didn't give enough information. The description for the Donald gift states:
Donald's choices are "quacky" and lots of fun!

And the Goofy present states:
The gifts in his box include sweet keepsakes of "Goofy" memories!

The pluto one is pretty easy to figure out ~ human dog bones and a lanyard.

Now the cost difference is pretty large. $395 for the larger package and $210 for the smaller.

The only difference I see is for $185 more you get a phone in a box, and some duck feathers?
What is included in the Goofy and Donald gift boxes that make the package so much more expensive?

Maybe if I had an idea of what is in them, I would upgrade the birthday package I got but I just don't see where the $200 more is worth it?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #89
PMart
DIS Veteran

Any new photos of in-room celebrations???? Or stories????
Old 05-12-2009, 07:13 PM   #90
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Peggy,maybe you can help me!

I ordered the smaller birthday package simply because the larger one didn't give enough information. The description for the Donald gift states:
Donald's choices are "quacky" and lots of fun!

And the Goofy present states:
The gifts in his box include sweet keepsakes of "Goofy" memories!

The pluto one is pretty easy to figure out ~ human dog bones and a lanyard.

Now the cost difference is pretty large. $395 for the larger package and $210 for the smaller.

The only difference I see is for $185 more you get a phone in a box, and some duck feathers?
What is included in the Goofy and Donald gift boxes that make the package so much more expensive?

Maybe if I had an idea of what is in them, I would upgrade the birthday package I got but I just don't see where the $200 more is worth it?
Hey praline3001 !,

I saw Your Question that You have asked Peg, and I hope that I am not too late for this, but Here is a Link that I hope will answer Your Question to Peg about The Goofy and Donald Gift Boxes in Mickey and Pals` Big Birthday Wish Package.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2069151&page=2

Thank you for being A Source of Help to me, and I hope that this Link Helps you Here.

~ Dwight

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: