Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2009, 10:45 PM   #226
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse27 View Post
Hi...my husband and I are going in December and would love to have a Christmas tree in our room. Does anyone know if Disney offers different Christmas trees that can be delivered to the room? I noticed there is only one on the Disney florist website. Thanks!
Last year, they had two trees available. The one tree was because they had leftovers from the prior year. Normally, they have the one 4ft tree. They also usually have a small tree that is made of boxwood cuttings. It is not artificial and will not last more than a couple of weeks. It cannot be shipped.

The large tree can be shipped in the continental US. Last year, it was $99 to have it shipped.
Feralpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #227
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

Ok I went ahead and splurged and booked the Mickey & Pals Birthday Package for DHs bday in September!!! I know it was a lot of money but it is worth it to me to make such a priceless memory! I cannot WAIT to see his face when he opens the door to our room on his bday! And not only do I have this booked, but he also doesn't know that I extended our trip by one night and we are spending our last night now at the Polynesian, which is his all-time favorite resort!!!!! I'm sooooo excited!
September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #228
leilaandjamilsmom
Earning My Ears

Hi guys, so we are back from our 8 day trip!!!!! sad sad, anyways, I had posted earlier in this thread that I had ordered the Mickey's Grand Welcome package for my family, with tons of add ons, enough for all 6 people to receive something, I got the original package, then added an additional 32 inch Mickey, two 32 inch minnies, a 22 inch minnie, 6 pin trader starter sets, and 5 additional personalized blankets. You can imagine the price with everything added. So here is how it went:
On the second day of out trip I was super excited about the upcoming suprise, all day I waited and waited until we could go back to the room and see what mickey had left in our room. I had my sister stall the kids at the bus stop and I took a short cut to the room for pics before anyone got there. (which I will post today for sure). I had about 10 minutes until my family got there but I wanted pictures before they arrived. aboiut a minute before my family was to be there I noticed that the signed picture was missing one persons name, one of the 32 inch mickey's was missing, and the blankets were a lot different then the ones that were in my package when I ordered. The blankets weren't a huge deal since I knew it was possible that the items might have changed, though the other blankets were much nicer because they folded into pilows when not blankets which was exactly what I wanted. These blankets were nice but kind of "generic" looking if you know waht I mean. So with all that said, it put a little damper on things before my family arrived. I was worried to death about the 32 inch mickey being missing, now one person didn't get one. My family walked in and i was camera ready, they were sooooooo suprised and excited, my son 4 and daughter 2 were screaming, "MICKEY WAS IN MY ROOM!" Tehy loved it, my niece 17 was super exicted as well as my mom and sister (both adults). They really loved everything and the setup was really cute. After the madness calmed I stepped outside the room to make the call to the florist about my missing mickey and the names missing on the personalized frame (which suprisingly everyone without me saying a word noticed the name was missing) I talked to a dreammaker and let her know that I was missing my mickey, she put me on hold for a few minutes and said that one would be delivered right away. About 20 minutes later in a HUGE downpoor, there was a knock on the door and I opened it to a smiling florist delivery woman that was very apologetic and had tied a note to the missing Mickey's hand that said, "sorry for the delay, I was making a side trip and was stuck on the bus, glad I made it to you, Love Mickey Mouse". The note was really cute and the delivery woman was super nice.
All in all I would say that my family and myself enjoyed the package very much, the popcorn tin with the welcome crispies were really cute and I didn't notice until packing that inside the tin were 4 smaller ones, the autograph book was really cute and other then the missing name (which kind of takes away from the keepsake part of the frame) was good quality. Sorry to talk you ears off, I am going to be posting pics today, oh yeah and the tinkerbell stopped working the next day, but will be cute on my moms desk as a reminder. And the personalized totes (2) were awesome
Was it worth it? maybe, I can't say yes or no because I think that my family really enjoyed the package and the suprise. Would I do it again for that price no way. With all the add ons and everything it was close to $1000.00 and most of it could be found in the gift shop, I mean for what I spent a few extra balloons or something would have been nice, but everything costs right? I think if I go back I would try a few small things in a basket by them or a memories by betsy basket would be nice. all in all if I was to grade it probably a B, I a posting pics
leilaandjamilsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:50 AM   #229
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review! Can't wait to see your pics!
September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:46 AM   #230
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaandjamilsmom View Post
Hi guys, so we are back from our 8 day trip!!!!! sad sad, anyways, I had posted earlier in this thread that I had ordered the Mickey's Grand Welcome package for my family, with tons of add ons, enough for all 6 people to receive something, I got the original package, then added an additional 32 inch Mickey, two 32 inch minnies, a 22 inch minnie, 6 pin trader starter sets, and 5 additional personalized blankets. You can imagine the price with everything added. So here is how it went:
On the second day of out trip I was super excited about the upcoming suprise, all day I waited and waited until we could go back to the room and see what mickey had left in our room. I had my sister stall the kids at the bus stop and I took a short cut to the room for pics before anyone got there. (which I will post today for sure). I had about 10 minutes until my family got there but I wanted pictures before they arrived. aboiut a minute before my family was to be there I noticed that the signed picture was missing one persons name, one of the 32 inch mickey's was missing, and the blankets were a lot different then the ones that were in my package when I ordered. The blankets weren't a huge deal since I knew it was possible that the items might have changed, though the other blankets were much nicer because they folded into pilows when not blankets which was exactly what I wanted. These blankets were nice but kind of "generic" looking if you know waht I mean. So with all that said, it put a little damper on things before my family arrived. I was worried to death about the 32 inch mickey being missing, now one person didn't get one. My family walked in and i was camera ready, they were sooooooo suprised and excited, my son 4 and daughter 2 were screaming, "MICKEY WAS IN MY ROOM!" Tehy loved it, my niece 17 was super exicted as well as my mom and sister (both adults). They really loved everything and the setup was really cute. After the madness calmed I stepped outside the room to make the call to the florist about my missing mickey and the names missing on the personalized frame (which suprisingly everyone without me saying a word noticed the name was missing) I talked to a dreammaker and let her know that I was missing my mickey, she put me on hold for a few minutes and said that one would be delivered right away. About 20 minutes later in a HUGE downpoor, there was a knock on the door and I opened it to a smiling florist delivery woman that was very apologetic and had tied a note to the missing Mickey's hand that said, "sorry for the delay, I was making a side trip and was stuck on the bus, glad I made it to you, Love Mickey Mouse". The note was really cute and the delivery woman was super nice.
All in all I would say that my family and myself enjoyed the package very much, the popcorn tin with the welcome crispies were really cute and I didn't notice until packing that inside the tin were 4 smaller ones, the autograph book was really cute and other then the missing name (which kind of takes away from the keepsake part of the frame) was good quality. Sorry to talk you ears off, I am going to be posting pics today, oh yeah and the tinkerbell stopped working the next day, but will be cute on my moms desk as a reminder. And the personalized totes (2) were awesome
Was it worth it? maybe, I can't say yes or no because I think that my family really enjoyed the package and the suprise. Would I do it again for that price no way. With all the add ons and everything it was close to $1000.00 and most of it could be found in the gift shop, I mean for what I spent a few extra balloons or something would have been nice, but everything costs right? I think if I go back I would try a few small things in a basket by them or a memories by betsy basket would be nice. all in all if I was to grade it probably a B, I a posting pics
Hello leilaandjamilsmom !,

MY ANTICIPATION IS BUILDING !!!!
I FEEL THE ENERGY IN YOUR POSTS AS A DISNEY FAN !!!!
I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOUR SUPER SIZED, MICKEY'S GRAND WELCOME SURPRISE PACKAGE PICTURES !!!

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #231
tarak
DIS Veteran

leilaandjamilsmom - I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures - esp. the blankets. I'm wondering if at some point, they'll change the photos on the website to reflect the changes. I'm planning on ordering the grand welcome for my mom and the kids - I'm hoping to have them set it all up when we're at dinner the night we check in.
tarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:18 AM   #232
djthereplay
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaandjamilsmom View Post

Hello leilaandjamilsmom !,

Please, show us a picture of what this New Blanket looks like in Mickey's Grand Welcome Package. I am really looking for a picture of what you are talking about and I cannot find it anywhere.

Thank you for Your Time and Attention !,

~ Dwight
djthereplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:46 AM   #233
greenpea89

Mouseketeer

I second the review by leelaandjamilsmom. The package is adorable and it's very impressive to see when you walk into your room (we also ordered the large Mickeys)! Our kids were beside themselves with excitement! The florist hung the banner on our sliding glass door (we were at the CR) and sprinkled Mickey head confetti on the floor and around the room- Mickey even leaves his "footprints" behind. The Mickey Rice Crispy Treats spell out WELCOME and are placed in the popcorn bucket. We also had a very large balloon bouquet placed next to it. But I will say that the new blanket is VERY different from the one pictured on the Disney Florist's website. I will say we thought that ours was a huge disappointment. I had our blanket monogrammed and it looked strange (IMHO) on the new style blanket. It also seemed a little small (too small to cover an average size adult from shoulder to foot - our son curled up under it otherwise his feet stuck out). Had I known the blanket was SO different (okay - I'll be honest and go so far as to say I thought it was ugly) from the one pictured I either wouldn't have ordered it or simply not had it monogrammed. Ours had a dark blue background with a picture of the castle with fireworks exploding over it screen printed on the fleece and the words Walt Disney World printed in white (if I am remembering correctly). The blanket in the photo is tons cuter and actually one of things that made the package look so appealing (IMO). Overall, though it was a very cute package, our kids totally loved the idea that "Mickey" came to our room, and the blanket was our only complaint.
greenpea89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:19 PM   #234
tarak
DIS Veteran

greenpea89 - I'm wondering now if I shouldn't bother with extra blankets - I was going to get one for each of my daughters and then have the one included for my mom. My kids need more stuffed animals like they need another hole in the head, so I thought the blanket would be a good idea. Of course, it could always be a blanket for the car (especially when driving anywhere with my husband since he tends to crank the AC pretty high). I wish disneyflorist would update the site with more accurate photos.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #235
greenpea89

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarak View Post
greenpea89 - I'm wondering now if I shouldn't bother with extra blankets - I was going to get one for each of my daughters and then have the one included for my mom. My kids need more stuffed animals like they need another hole in the head, so I thought the blanket would be a good idea. Of course, it could always be a blanket for the car (especially when driving anywhere with my husband since he tends to crank the AC pretty high). I wish disneyflorist would update the site with more accurate photos.
I would suggest calling the Disney Florist and asking them to email you a picture of the new blanket. Personally, I'm very glad that I only ordered one but someone else may think it's really cute. We decided to use ours as a beach/picnic blanket. I totally understand the stuffed animal situation - we have a mini zoo here too but Mickey did add to the overall "bang" when we walked in the room. I can't tell you how much it excited our children when they walked in the room!
I just asked the kids what they thought about the blanket and the consensus is that they liked having our name monogrammed on it (not because it looked good, one of my girls said it "wasn't pretty", but because it was "fun"). But, overall, it just didn't make a big impression on them. Three of my four kids said "There was a blanket?" - even though they used it when we were in the room. and none of them asked "where is it?" or said that it was cute.
It's a very personal thing but, just speaking for myself, it was the only thing in the package that I would never have purchased if I saw it in a gift shop at Disney. I hope this helps a little and, like I said, someone else may love the blanket - it just wasn't appealing to me.

Last edited by greenpea89; 08-19-2009 at 05:33 PM.
greenpea89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #236
tarak
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenpea89 View Post
I would suggest calling the Disney Florist and asking them to email you a picture of the new blanket. Personally, I'm very glad that I only ordered one but someone else may think it's really cute. We decided to use ours as a beach/picnic blanket. I totally understand the stuffed animal situation - we have a mini zoo here too but Mickey did add to the overall "bang" when we walked in the room. I can't tell you how much it excited our children when they walked in the room!
I just asked the kids what they thought about the blanket and the consensus is that they liked having our name monogrammed on it (not because it looked good, one of my girls said it "wasn't pretty", but because it was "fun"). But, overall, it just didn't make a big impression on them. Three of my four kids said "There was a blanket?" - even though they used it when we were in the room. and none of them asked "where is it?" or said that it was cute.
It's a very personal thing but, just speaking for myself, it was the only thing in the package that I would never have purchased if I saw it in a gift shop at Disney. I hope this helps a little and, like I said, someone else may love the blanket - it just wasn't appealing to me.
I'll email them - based on your review, I don't think the girls would be too excited about the blankets - maybe if they had princesses on them. I was going to get an extra autograph book so they'd each have one. My mom would probably appreciate the blanket, but otherwise I think we'll just go with what's in the package.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #237
ChrislovesMinnie
All this clapping is giving the TF a headache! :)
Dreams DO come true!

I can't wait to order for my son.

Thank you all so much for all the great information and for sharing your special times.

I can't wait to call and get my order in for this September trip.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #238
tarak
DIS Veteran

I just got done ordering this for our trip next month. I spoke with Sally, who was very nice. She said there were two changes to the Grand Welcome from what is on the disney florist website:

Instead of one 32" Mickey, you get a 22" Minnie and a 22" Mickey. I was able to swap out the Mickey for a Minnie at no charge, so the girls will each get one. I was going to give the giant Mickey to my son when we get back, but since he isn't yet two, he won't really care and I can buy him something else when we're at the park.

The blanket is now a cranberry colored blanket with a Mickey on it.

Other than that, the package is the same. I added an extra autograph book and pen and decided to swing for an extra blanket for me . The grand total came to just over $400, including tax and delivery charge.

Because we're staying at AKL, we get a tote bag instead of the balloons, which is just fine with me - I don't want to worry about the angst that will be generated from having to leave the balloons behind.

I was given three delivery times to choose from - 3-5, 3-7 or 7-9. She said they prefer not to do it the day of arrival in case you switch rooms. So we'll do it the day after we get there. So I'm excited. I'll take plenty of pictures!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:52 PM   #239
sharin4u
Earning My Ears

oh wow. I am so glad to hear others are doing this.. when i booked our pkg in march.. i went ahead and sprang for the mickey and pals birthday.. so dd will have a gift from each character.. and i was worried..cause we also opted for the grand welcome pkg along with it so we will have lots of gifts to bring home to our grandson as it is his bday also but he could not go.. they are both turning 3.. I hope all this money i spent is worth it.. please send pictures as soon as you guys get them otherwise i will post some on sunday as we leave tomorrow for disney and the pkg arrives sat evening.
sharin4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #240
abrownfamily
Earning My Ears

Good Morning All-

I was so happy to see this thread. We are headed to WDW in November. I am taking my niece (11), and it is her first visit. I am very interested in the "Crown Her A Princess" for her and my seven year old daughter. On the website, it says that this can be delivered to "magical locations". Anyone have any stories or ideas to share about this? Both girls would be heaven to have this delivered!
abrownfamily is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: