Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 06:44 AM   #211
abbiep
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erv1216 View Post
When I called, they didnt seem intrested in making my special one. Do you mind me asking who you spoke to and how much your basket came out to??
I dont remember who I spoke to, but it was around 150.00. This was about 6 weeks ago for our trip next week.
abbiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 07:15 AM   #212
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

I could still u some not so expensive ideals for dd's 13 bday. Any thoughts?
Register to remove

Old 07-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #213
blondinkaya
DIS Veteran

I have a question.

I really like the holiday tree that's on the Disney Florist's website, but it's way too big (4 ft). Would they customize it by using a smaller one that we could take home with us (we're driving down and back)? We're going to be moving two weeks after our vacation and aren't planning on dragging our big tree out for the holidays. Something smaller would be perfect, and it'd be even better if we could enjoy that Disney magic even longer by bringing that tree home with us.
blondinkaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:09 PM   #214
praline3001
DIS Veteran

I did it and took about 60 photos!

I am uploading them to my trip report now! I dont want to flood this thread with 60 photos so if your planning on the Birthday room package jump over to page 16 of my trip report for some great photos!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post32976953

Just back from another wonderful trip!
praline3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:24 PM   #215
Jenna319
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the pics! Loving them so far! So was it worth the $400 in your opinion? Im really thinking of doing the same package for my DHs 31st bday next month.... was the cake tasty? How was the room presentation when you walked in? Was it dark and Tink lit up the room? It looked like they set up the presents all over the room, was one in the bathroom? Thanks again for the info!

September '13- Boardwalk & Disneyland Hotel, December '12- 10-Year New Years Anniversary Trip- AoA, BCV & AKV Kidani, November '11- Old Key West, February '11- Family Trip- AKV Kidani & SSR, September '10- Disneyland Grand Californian, September '09- POR & Polynesian, October '08- CSR, March '08- Old Key West, October '07- <3 Disneymoon at BCV <3, '05- All Star Movies, '02- Polynesian, '01- Contemporary, '00- Girls Graduation Trip- Caribbean Beach, '98- Port Orleans French Quarter, '96- Port Orleans French Quarter, '94- All Star Music, '92 Contemporary & COUNTLESS off-property trips that I won't count
Jenna319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 05:45 PM   #216
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna319 View Post
Thank you for the pics! Loving them so far! So was it worth the $400 in your opinion? Im really thinking of doing the same package for my DHs 31st bday next month.... was the cake tasty? How was the room presentation when you walked in? Was it dark and Tink lit up the room? It looked like they set up the presents all over the room, was one in the bathroom? Thanks again for the info!
I am copy and pasting my review of the package that I just wrote from my trip report!

MY review of the birthday in room decoration package..

Those who know me, know I like saving my pennies for our trips and I am not budget minded when it comes to special things such as this LOL to be honest I am terrible at it LOL

Did I think it was *worth it*? That question is subjective when dealing with Disney... is it worth it for the meal plan? staying CL? So I try not to answer that question ....

But would I do it again? no. Peggy if your reading this, you know I love you and your work girl so please please don't take offense but I really do not think this package is worth the money involved. Was it cute?! YES, it was really cute! Was it worth $400 for my family worth of cute?! NOPE!
For the most part they were cheapy little trinkets and candy you can get anywhere. All of the items MIGHT total $200 (maybe less) in the closest gift shop. the gift stores are currently selling that same towel ... with any purchase get the towel for $10. I think the florist need to upgrade the quality of the gifts or downgrade the price. The idea and concept IS cute but not for the money....

Tink did turn colors but she broke the second I tried to take her down for the kids. I was super careful but she fell apart when she was taken down...
The minnie chocolate cake was nothing more than a hollow Easter bunny LOL

The dog bowl and dog water bowl place mat was cute BUT if you don't have a dog... really isn't a waste?!

I think a much better plan would be to get one of their gift baskets and customize it to what you want. It will be tons cheaper and will be just as cute.

Don't get me wrong ... I thought it was cute ...just not $400 worth of cute Also the picture frame was from the CL cm's and not the package along with the towel animals.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:13 PM   #217
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

THe thing I learned is that to customize a basket is a $25.00 fee just to start. You are a lot better off to choose something like the Welcome to the Wonderful World of Disney that you mostly like, but change out some things. They ARE able to substitute within the baskets some, unlike the in room celebrations that you can only add, not change out!
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #218
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflopmom View Post
THe thing I learned is that to customize a basket is a $25.00 fee just to start. You are a lot better off to choose something like the Welcome to the Wonderful World of Disney that you mostly like, but change out some things. They ARE able to substitute within the baskets some, unlike the in room celebrations that you can only add, not change out!
That might be the case but $25 is much cheaper than $400

Like I said, it was cute and I am certainly not one to count every penny and budget ... I am really bad at it in fact when it comes to Disney ...so when I say its not worth the money ..people who know me or read my trip reports know.... that its REALLY not worth it
(this from the person who had a VIP guide for 3 days last summer )

Old 08-01-2009, 06:30 PM   #219
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna319 View Post
You know what would be a MUCH better plan for your DH and cost about the same?
Order the He be a pirate beer tub, then book the pirate and pals fireoworks cruise ...maybe ohana's for dinner beforehand? I did the fireworks cruise and it was sOOOOOOO much fun!!!! well worth the money IMO!

Old 08-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #220
maidenfairy
If only I wasn't married and he wasn't gay.

We are going in Sept and I was planning on getting two of these baskets. (1 for each kid.)

http://www.disneyflorist.com/product...loween/display

It's a little pricey, but still a lot cheaper than the $400. in room celebration.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:00 PM   #221
flipflopmom
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah, I know. When I called to see what I wanted to do, the dream maker suggested I start with this basket. http://www.disneyflorist.com/product...y-ears/display and then add and subtract. The merchandise is really, really expensive, and like you say, I saw everything we got in Mickey's Welcome, except for the footprints, confetti, and boxes in the stores! I am glad I did the welcome, it really added to the magic of the girls' first trip. However, I doubt I'll be ordering anything for the subsequent trips.
flipflopmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #222
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

I would love to do the bucket of beer for dh but I want it to be in the room as a surprise. Could I go to the front desk and sign for it and then have it delivered while we are out?
Old 08-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #223
praline3001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
I would love to do the bucket of beer for dh but I want it to be in the room as a surprise. Could I go to the front desk and sign for it and then have it delivered while we are out?
Check the Disney florist website on their He be a pirate gift bucket of beer thing... call them and ask what you need to do as I wanted to but didnt order that for my DH BUT it was an idea I was tossing around until I found out RPC had free beer lol

Old 08-01-2009, 10:40 PM   #224
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
They will not leave it unattended in a guest room. You would have to be there to accept it or pick it up at the front desk and take it to your room. Once it is in your possession, it is no longer Disney's responsibility.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:17 PM   #225
nurse27
Mouseketeer

Hi...my husband and I are going in December and would love to have a Christmas tree in our room. Does anyone know if Disney offers different Christmas trees that can be delivered to the room? I noticed there is only one on the Disney florist website. Thanks!
nurse27 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: