Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2009, 06:57 AM   #196
jockey
Repeat after me....I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's, I LOVE CROC's!!!!!!

I really want to do the Grand Welcome for DD and DS, the problem is we already have a giant Mickey and Minnie! Do you think we could replace them with a goofy and donald?
Old 07-30-2009, 10:58 AM   #197
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
Can now visit the parks anytime
My DD, the movie star
Sean Bean...is he related to Mr. Bean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentB View Post
Thanks for you help. I will send them an email. How far in advance do you think I should contact them?
I'd start early. When I was there, a different person was assigned each day to answer emails. We had to answer them through the FTD system. Not my preference since we never knew if the emails got to the person. Ask in your email for the Dream Maker to contact you using their Disney email account so that you can work details out with that particular Dream Maker.

Be sure to give them your name and an email id where they can reach you. I think the reason many people don't think the florist responds to them is because of the email id they use to contact the florist. The only way the florist can respond to an email is by using the email id you use to contact them through the website. If it is a work email id or an email id with a high security setting, the response may not get through or end up in a spam folder. You'd be amazed at how many people email to ask a question about something they already purchased or had an issue with and do not give a name or phone number. That makes it very hard to help them.

The Dream Makers have an incentive program related to the Magical Celebration in-room decor packages. That makes them want to sell them to you. If you email and tell them you want to do a Magical Celebration but need them to contact you by email, I'm sure you will get a response.
Register to remove

Old 07-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #198
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
My DD, the movie star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockey View Post
I really want to do the Grand Welcome for DD and DS, the problem is we already have a giant Mickey and Minnie! Do you think we could replace them with a goofy and donald?
Sorry. They will not substitute anything in the packages. There are a couple of reasons for this. They do so many of them that they prepare a lot of it in advance. Changing the standard items around would make it difficult. The other reason is that the florist does not have the giant Goofy or Donald available to them. The florist carries a small set of merchandise. They really don't have a large area for storage. They do not have access to all of the merchandise at WDW. This was very frustrating to me when I worked there. Eventually, they want to be a full merchandise location and have access to everything, but that seemed to be a ways out.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #199
erv1216
Mouseketeer

Feralpeg???

Feralpeg, I want to get a balloon bouquet and the Ears to you for my daughter. Can I add a birthday banner to that and if so , would u happen to know how much this would be??
Old 07-30-2009, 12:30 PM   #200
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
My DD, the movie star

Quote:
Originally Posted by erv1216 View Post
Feralpeg, I want to get a balloon bouquet and the Ears to you for my daughter. Can I add a birthday banner to that and if so , would u happen to know how much this would be??
I'm sorry. The birthday banner is only available as part of the in-room decor packages. One of the reasons for this is that the florist only enters a guest's room if they are doing the in-room decor package and they cannot count on the resort to do decorating for them. Also, they never know how many of the in-room decor packages they will be doing and can't take the risk of running out of the banners.

I know that isn't what you wanted to hear.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #201
erv1216
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
I'm sorry. The birthday banner is only available as part of the in-room decor packages. One of the reasons for this is that the florist only enters a guest's room if they are doing the in-room decor package and they cannot count on the resort to do decorating for them. Also, they never know how many of the in-room decor packages they will be doing and can't take the risk of running out of the banners.

I know that isn't what you wanted to hear.
No, thank you for telling me! So do they leave the ballons and ears basket at the front desk???
Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #202
mom2tjnsb
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I LOVE this thread! Loved reading the stories and ideas! I really want to do the grand welcome but it is too much $$$ for me right now! I want to do something for DH 28bday celebration! Any ideas on what we can do that is not so costly???
Contact memoriesbybetsy.com She is awesome, she is doing a welcome bag for us when we go and she was very personable and accomodating to different requests and budgets. she has a website where you can see samples and she will put whatever you want in (except for food)
mom2tjnsb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:10 PM   #203
jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feralpeg View Post
Sorry. They will not substitute anything in the packages. There are a couple of reasons for this. They do so many of them that they prepare a lot of it in advance. Changing the standard items around would make it difficult. The other reason is that the florist does not have the giant Goofy or Donald available to them. The florist carries a small set of merchandise. They really don't have a large area for storage. They do not have access to all of the merchandise at WDW. This was very frustrating to me when I worked there. Eventually, they want to be a full merchandise location and have access to everything, but that seemed to be a ways out.

Thanks for the info
Old 07-30-2009, 04:21 PM   #204
AZMermaid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneybarbie View Post
Hi!
I ordered this gift for DBF on our trip a few weeks ago.... i requested no nut products as he doesn't like them & i'm allergic (!), and they did a great job substituting for other products i'm pretty sure they would add some items for you like that...
ours was: mickey chocolate bars, chip&dale pretzels, gummi bears, mickey shortbread cookies, jelly beans, ghiradelli chocolates.
it was full of treats, lasted the whole vacation & we even brought some of it back home with us! and the mickey plush toy is soo cute & really soft fur

Barbie
Awesome! I am so excited to do this!
AZMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 PM   #205
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
My DD, the movie star

Quote:
No, thank you for telling me! So do they leave the ballons and ears basket at the front desk???
The florist makes all deliveries to the front desk. Once you have checked in, a resort runner will place the items in your room.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:00 PM   #206
abbiep
Mouseketeer

I called them and asked about making up the basket a little different. I didnt really want to pay for things I didnt want. They wouldnt change the Giant Mickey welcome basket but they did make up a special one for me. They are putting a minnie mouse, beach towel with GD name monogramed, autograph book, pen and some snacks. The dreammaker was awesome to work with. It is supposed to be in our room when we get there. I know my granddaughter will be very excited thinking Mickey and the gang left her a special basket.
abbiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:31 PM   #207
Promomx2
DIS Veteran

sweet on you?

So I looked at the website, am I reading it correct? is the price for the "sweet on you" just $12.50? Also do they offer a arcade card or can I get a wdw giftcard or disney dollars that can be used at the arcades? I have a 14yr old son and I want to have something special for him.
Promomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #208
Feralpeg
Diet coke lover
My DD, the movie star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promomx2 View Post
So I looked at the website, am I reading it correct? is the price for the "sweet on you" just $12.50? Also do they offer a arcade card or can I get a wdw giftcard or disney dollars that can be used at the arcades? I have a 14yr old son and I want to have something special for him.
The Sweet On You is $12.50. It is really intended to be an add-on. The minimum merchandise order amount is $20.00, so you would have to order something in addition to the Sweet On You to place an order.

The Florist does not have arcade cards or Disney dollars, but they do offer WDW gift cards.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #209
erv1216
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbiep View Post
I called them and asked about making up the basket a little different. I didnt really want to pay for things I didnt want. They wouldnt change the Giant Mickey welcome basket but they did make up a special one for me. They are putting a minnie mouse, beach towel with GD name monogramed, autograph book, pen and some snacks. The dreammaker was awesome to work with. It is supposed to be in our room when we get there. I know my granddaughter will be very excited thinking Mickey and the gang left her a special basket.
When I called, they didnt seem intrested in making my special one. Do you mind me asking who you spoke to and how much your basket came out to??
Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 AM   #210
jockey

I was able to costumize a basket a few weeks ago, I ordered the pirate hat for ds, and they made my up a minnie one for dd, minnie ended up with an eye patch and necklace on! I found them very helpful

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: